Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Tweesus
Ricardo Jol
Puro
dont panic!
8 posters

new betting scandal in europe

dont panic!
    dont panic!

Number of posts : 965
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

new betting scandal in europe Empty new betting scandal in europe

Post by dont panic! Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:45 pm

UEFA has handed information to interpol pertaining to suspected manipulation in european football...games from the CL..UEFA cup and the qualifying phase of the european championships 08 are said to be involved..

clubs from countries..or the countries themselves..which have been mentioned as being involved are georgia..bulgaria..croatia and serbia..

start the qualification again i say....
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

new betting scandal in europe Empty Re: new betting scandal in europe

Post by Puro Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:59 pm

The only "strange" result I remember is the one when Serbia lost to Kazakhstan. I lost a parlay with that single game, and went ahead to find out what has happened. The players and the coach were butting heads prior to the game.

All the other results were in the realm of possibilities with the occasional upset, but nothing "strange" as when the Serbs lost the mentioned match. <Ale>
    dont panic!
    dont panic!

Post by dont panic! Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:01 pm

Puro wrote:The only "strange" result I remember is the one when Serbia lost to Kazakhstan. I lost a parlay with that single game, and went ahead to find out what has happened. The players and the coach were butting heads prior to the game.

All the other results were in the realm of possibilities with the occasional upset, but nothing "strange" as when the Serbs lost the mentioned match. <Ale>

i dont know..i thought mazedonia beating croatia was a bit odd...as was croatia beating england twice..

croatia are involved in all 3 of these odd results.and are now being investigated....what does that tell us?

Cool
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Ricardo Jol Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:30 pm

I'm in shock as well.... But maybe the UEFA finds a way how to get England on the Euro's because now they miss millions of money and that's a thing they don't like.

I expect a betting scandal to come to light within the next two month where Croatia and Russia have to get ruled out of the Euro's...

Israel and england will take their place...

Trust me this will happen!

So obvious!

I wrote a few weeks ago that the UEFA would do anything to get England in the Euro´s... First they inspired Israel than the Swedish referee who tried everything to give England a point....

But this wasn´t enough so now they have to bring a scandal to light...
    dont panic!
    dont panic!

Post by dont panic! Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:32 pm

Ricardo Jol wrote:
    I'm in shock as well.... But maybe the UEFA finds a way how to get England on the Euro's because now they miss millions of money and that's a thing they don't like.

I expect a betting scandal to come to light within the next two month where Croatia and Russia have to get ruled out of the Euro's...

Israel and england will take their place...

Trust me this will happen!

So obvious!

I wrote a few weeks ago that the UEFA would do anything to get England in the Euro´s... First they inspired Israel than the Swedish referee who tried everything to give England a point....

But this wasn´t enough so now they have to bring a scandal to light...

great..im all for it..
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:34 pm

You will be at the Euro 2008 championship for more than 100%!
    dont panic!
    dont panic!

Post by dont panic! Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:35 pm

Ricardo Jol wrote:You will be at the Euro 2008 championship for more than 100%!

great...couldnt be better..got rid of mcclaren and still reach the finals...

couldnt ask for more...
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:41 pm

dont panic! wrote:

couldnt ask for more...

You´ll do a Denmark!
    dont panic!
    dont panic!

Post by dont panic! Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:16 pm

Ricardo Jol wrote:
    dont panic! wrote:

couldnt ask for more...

You´ll do a Denmark!

by the way..why do you think england will benefit?..what could have happened that would mean england grab a spot at the euros?
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:19 pm

UEFA only cares about money
    dont panic!
    dont panic!

Post by dont panic! Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:20 pm

Ricardo Jol wrote:UEFA only cares about money

yes..but what can they fish out that would benefit england?

nothing i can think of..nothing that wouldnt look incredibly odd anyway..
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:22 pm

The UEFA are very creative don´t underestimate them! They find a way to get England in Switzerland next year!
    dont panic!
    dont panic!

Post by dont panic! Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:35 pm

Ricardo Jol wrote:The UEFA are very creative don´t underestimate them! They find a way to get England in Switzerland next year!

wishful thinking......they never have before..and it would have been far easier for them to just have..say...made russia play on real grass for instance...not that thats an excuse...but if uefa wanted..at all costs..that england were there...they would have not allowed something that would give an opponent even a theoretical advantage...
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:16 pm

Ricardo Jol wrote:The UEFA are very creative don´t underestimate them! They find a way to get England in Switzerland next year!

You really think so Ricardo? I've seen a lot of bullshit in my life, trust me, from them South American qualifiers, Copa Libertadores, Copa Suramericana..., but do you honestly think UEFA will let England back in after the way Croatia did them in?

Yes, England are very important in competitions due to their economic impact (I wouldn't mind seen England in Euro '08), but you may be on to something there buddy. FIFA, CONMEBOL, UEFA are a big mafia. It's all about the money. <Ale>
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:25 pm

It won´t be exactly like that of course...
    I mean... If there are allegations against Croatia they´ll try a little bit harder because it means England will be in Euro08. England in the Euro´s mean a lot of extra income! If it was Denmark or Portugal they wouldn´t even try to find out
    dont panic!
    dont panic!

Post by dont panic! Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:38 pm

well..if someone has done anything wrong then they should be punished..but i doubt any player of a 'top' team is stupid enough...it will be one of the smaller countries...

england will not benefit from this..
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:38 pm

Apparently no English clubs are involved. It's clubs from Southern and Easter Europe ok

I think we can all guess which ones.
    dont panic!
    dont panic!

Post by dont panic! Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:44 pm

Tweesus of Nazareth wrote:Apparently no English clubs are involved. It's clubs from Southern and Easter Europe ok

and a country...1 qualifying game for the euros was mentioned...
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:45 pm

dont panic! wrote:
    Tweesus of Nazareth wrote:Apparently no English clubs are involved. It's clubs from Southern and Easter Europe ok

and a country...1 qualifying game for the euros was mentioned...

The Italy-Scotland game Whistle
    Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
    Forza Italia!Forza Milan!

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:28 pm

BBC:

Last Updated: Saturday, 1 December 2007, 13:41 GMT
    E-mail this to a friend Printable version
    Uefa looks at match-fixing claims

Uefa has given a 96-page report to Interpol alleging that 15 games in a variety of competitions were fixed.

The matches are thought to have been qualifiers for Euro 2008, the Champions League, Uefa Cup and the Intertoto Cup and are not before July 2005.

The BBC's sports news correspondent Nigel Adderley said: "We understand that Uefa's suspicions were based purely on unusual betting patterns.

"None of the 16 finalists at Euro 2008 are involved in the investigation."

Interview: Former FA compliance officer Graham Bean

He added: "It appears that many of the games on the list will be from the early rounds of these competitions which do not contain any really high-profile teams."

The story was reported in German magazine Der Spiegel.

The magazine alleges that the vast majority of clubs involved come from countries in eastern and south-eastern Europe, with Bulgaria, Georgia, Serbia, Croatia and the Baltics among those named.

Graham Bean, the former police officer who used to head up the Football Association's compliance unit, told BBC World Service: "They are exceptionally serious allegations if the stories are correct but they will be extremely difficult to investigate.

This is clearly very serious and potentially one of the most serious things that has happened in world football.

Graham Bean

"Clearly Uefa, for them to pass this report across, do have some evidence of some kind that would suggest has come down the route of betting patterns or individuals rolling over and telling them what they know.

"Nevertheless if that is the case they still need to get corroborative evidence to prove what has supposedly gone on.

"If the evidence is there and football wants to take this on and deal with this properly with the police, then the simple fact is the punishments that should be imposed on any clubs or individuals found guilty should be extremely excessive.

"There is so much money involved now, not only in football but in the betting industry, whereby you can get a bet on anything, it clearly opens it up to corruption if a betting syndicate can drop on the right person.

"I can't remember anything happening on this scale before.

"For something of this magnitude and these type of games then this is clearly very serious and potentially one of the most serious things that has happened in world football."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:53 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:

"None of the 16 finalists at Euro 2008 are involved in the investigation."

Interview: Former FA compliance officer Graham Bean

He added: "It appears that many of the games on the list will be from the early rounds of these competitions which do not contain any really high-profile teams."

The story was reported in German magazine Der Spiegel.

The magazine alleges that the vast majority of clubs involved come from countries in eastern and south-eastern Europe, with Bulgaria, Georgia, Serbia, Croatia and the Baltics among those named.
    Croatia it was a great game against England but you won't go to the Euro's.... The betting scandal is too big! I tell you it is better to give the third place your qualifying spot!!
    briz

Number of posts : 263
    Supports : sheffield united
    Registration date : 2007-08-30

Post by briz Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:53 am

I know that one of the games under investigation is the intertoto cup game this summer between Makedonski Gorski Petrov-Cherno More Varna.It has been reported in the local press here in Varna since Der Spiegel broke the story.
    EMP
    EMP

Number of posts : 7384
    Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
    Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:47 am

WilliamGaillard has said that none of the suspect matches were internationals. He said there is no chance of Croatia being thrown out and England should concentrate on qualifying for the World Cup. He said reports that any international match was being investigated was wrong.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona

Post by fcb Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:56 am

I also think it's likely to be the "smaller" matches in the Intertoto like briz said...in these competitions it's not hard to see matches being fixed, because the prize money difference is not likely to be huge, and is a figure bookies can probably make worth the while for the players/coaches involved.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:00 am