Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
S4P
Super Progress
StevieG
bluenine
robert
Pierre Littbarski
Protheus
Batman
L r d hAsta LueGo
COTR
debaser
Luis
Chocolate Thunder
Jaime
Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U
golsud
Machiavel
Sheffield gunner
Riviera
Tweesus
fcb
25 posters

CL Round of 16 - who do you want to face?

fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

CL Round of 16 - who do you want to face? Empty CL Round of 16 - who do you want to face?

Post by fcb Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:37 pm

Today's games are almost over, and Fenerbahce/PSV, Arsenal/Sevilla, and Rangers/Lyon will be settled tomorrow. The draw is on Friday the 21st, but looking ahead, who do you want to face in the Round of 16?

For Barça (from most to least preferred):

Olympiakos
    Celtic
    Fenerbahce/PSV
    Schalke
    Liverpool
    Roma
    Arsenal (if they end up 2nd)
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

CL Round of 16 - who do you want to face? Empty Re: CL Round of 16 - who do you want to face?

Post by Tweesus Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:40 pm

Well, assuming we finish 2nd, I'd most like to face Inter or Milan. After that, Porto. Then I'm not really fussed...
    Riviera
    Riviera

Number of posts : 5411
    Favourite Player : Iniesta, Hangeland
    Registration date : 2007-04-11

CL Round of 16 - who do you want to face? Empty Re: CL Round of 16 - who do you want to face?

Post by Riviera Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:41 pm

kas wrote:

For Barça (from most to least preferred):

Olympiakos
    Celtic
    Fenerbahce/PSV
    Schalke
    Liverpool
    Roma
    Arsenal (if they end up 2nd)

Celtic
    Fenerbahce/PSV
    Schalke
    Olympiakos
    Liverpool
    Roma
    Arsenal

I got a thing against Greec teams - I find them hard to play against and I don't think our small midfielders will do well against a team like Olympiakos. Except that I agree with your list, Kas
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Sheffield gunner Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:42 pm

Assuming we finish second, I want Porto.

In order, probably

Porto
    Milan
    Real Madrid
    Inter
    Barcelona
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:42 pm

Tweesus of Nazareth wrote:Well, assuming we finish 2nd, I'd most like to face Inter or Milan. After that, Porto. Then I'm not really fussed...

This year the 2nd place-ers really have no easy draws. Too bad you guys dropped those vital points with that 0-0.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:43 pm

For Manchester United anyone.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:44 pm

kas wrote:
    Tweesus of Nazareth wrote:Well, assuming we finish 2nd, I'd most like to face Inter or Milan. After that, Porto. Then I'm not really fussed...

This year the 2nd place-ers really have no easy draws. Too bad you guys dropped those vital points with that 0-0.

I don't see it being too much of a problem. In truth, we usually struggle against the teams we're expected to beat so in a sense, I'd quite like a challenge in the next round.

If we come first, I want Roma
    golsud

Number of posts : 4869
    Supports : Barça

Post by golsud Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:45 pm

I'd like:

Olympiakos
    Celtic
    Fenerbahce/PSV
    Schalke
    Roma
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U
    Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U

Number of posts : 3621
    Supports : Manchester United
    Favourite Player : Patrice Evra
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:45 pm

I don't rate any of them that we can face but I would actually want Olympiakos. We'd hump them.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:45 pm

I'd take one of the Scottish teams or Roma...really the only team that I want to avoid is Schalke because we absolutely cannot win in Germany. We'll have to win like 5-0 in the Bernabeu if we face the Germans.
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:45 pm

Barca, Real or Milan
    Riviera
    Riviera

Number of posts : 5411
    Favourite Player : Iniesta, Hangeland
    Registration date : 2007-04-11

Post by Riviera Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:47 pm

Ade wrote:Barca, Real or Milan

Someone's eager to leave the cup fast
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:49 pm

Otto von Bismarck wrote:I don't rate any of them that we can face but I would actually want Olympiakos. We'd hump them.

I’d like to avoid Celtic; the game would be hyped to the heavens. But from the possible teams, Manchester United if they want to win the Champions League must beat them and I believe they can. Sevilla could be the toughest of the lot, if Arsenal wins their group.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:50 pm

Anyone...it makes no difference because it seems while we can beat anyone we can also lose to anyone.
    Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U
    Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U

Number of posts : 3621
    Supports : Manchester United
    Favourite Player : Patrice Evra
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:50 pm

johan the baptist wrote:
    Otto von Bismarck wrote:I don't rate any of them that we can face but I would actually want Olympiakos. We'd hump them.

I’d like to avoid Celtic; the game would be hyped to the heavens. But from the possible teams, Manchester United if they want to win the Champions League must beat them and I believe they can. Sevilla could be the toughest of the lot, if Arsenal wins their group.

We'd easily beat Celtic over two legs. Win something like 3-0 at home and draw away. Piss easy.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:55 pm

Barca or Sevilla
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:56 pm

do they keep teams from the same country apart in the next round? i can't remember the rules
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:56 pm

OhManchesterIsFullOfShit! wrote:Barca or Sevilla

I reckon Sissoko's fate will be decided on December 21st. If you draw us, he'll stay. If not, he's off Wink
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:57 pm

debabyjesuser wrote:do they keep teams from the same country apart in the next round? i can't remember the rules

Yes. It's only lifted in the QF-SF-Final phase.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:57 pm

Otto von Bismarck wrote:
    johan the baptist wrote:

We'd easily beat Celtic over two legs. Win something like 3-0 at home and draw away. Piss easy.

Yeah you’re right. Last season Manchester United could have won in Glasgow (thank you very much Louis Saha!)
    Luis
    Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:58 pm

We'll get either Lyon (should they go through) or Madrid I reckon, Chelsea in the semi's of course with an Italian side in the final
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:58 pm

OhManchesterIsFullOfShit! wrote:We'll get either Lyon (should they go through) or Madrid I reckon, Chelsea in the semi's of course with an Italian side in the final

Can't get Lyon, they'll go through in 2nd.
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:59 pm

If we do finish second we will almost certainly get Barca. It's almost inevitable that we will have Henry returning to Arsenal at some point this season!
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:59 pm

kas wrote:
    OhManchesterIsFullOfShit! wrote:We'll get either Lyon (should they go through) or Madrid I reckon, Chelsea in the semi's of course with an Italian side in the final

Oh $h!t yeah, I think we'll get a Spanish team then ok
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Post by Chocolate Thunder Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:02 pm

Riviera wrote:
    Ade wrote:Barca, Real or Milan

Someone's eager to leave the cup fast

Last year ring a bell Wink
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:03 pm

Real or Inter please

Don;t fancy the others, but they certainly will not want to play us
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Post by Chocolate Thunder Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:03 pm

OhManchesterIsFullOfShit! wrote:
    kas wrote:

Oh $h!t yeah, I think we'll get a Spanish team then ok

So a easy draw then

Whistle
    L r d hAsta LueGo
    L r d hAsta LueGo

Number of posts : 2388
    Registration date : 2007-10-19

Post by L r d hAsta LueGo Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:05 pm

Celtic please. <Ale>
    Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071

Post by Batman Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:22 pm

Rangers, get to see how good Hutton is.
    Protheus
    Protheus

Number of posts : 1816
    Supports : Futebol Clube do Porto

Post by Protheus Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:23 pm

mmm Rolling Eyes

Schalke 04
    Olympiakos
    Celtic
    Rangers/Lyon
    Roma
    Fenerbahce/PSV
    Arsenal/Sevilha

No Arsenal/Sevilha please. Of the others i think we have a good chance. Arsenal have the worst type of footbal against us and sevilha is always understimated and i rate them very high.

Then again i think we play better against stronger teams.

Whatever, what really matters is that we are there cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:51 pm