Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+44
Sir Les
Black Magic
Super Progress
Pierre Littbarski
Romford Pele
DeLux
The Vermonster
Kimbo
Football Genius
lrdsucksgoats
Ricardo Jol
Rosy
wrexhamboi08
Bashmachkin
DS
Chocolate Thunder
Isco Benny
Hlebagone
briz
Juligen
Brian2468
The Easter Bunny
Fey
robert
Puro
shazlx
Glenarch of the Glen
SuperMario
Di Caniooooo!
Sheffield gunner
Cesc Soler
Batman
Machiavel
christmasborocooper
Dwarf
Sgoater1
Deano
L r d hAsta LueGo
S4P
Tweesus
Deluded F*ck™
debaser
Parks lives
Luis
48 posters

Premier league discussion 28th/29th December

Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Premier league discussion 28th/29th December - Page 27 Empty Re: Premier league discussion 28th/29th December

Post by Black Magic Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:01 pm

Glenn Hysén wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:

A world class player. <Ale>

*awaits LOL Emoticon*
    I think Pandev's an awesome footballer. I just didn't realise he was the type to 'explode' into other footballers.

Laughing

Anyway................. Will Man City get a CL spot?
    L r d hAsta LueGo
    L r d hAsta LueGo

Number of posts : 2388
    Registration date : 2007-10-19

Premier league discussion 28th/29th December - Page 27 Empty Re: Premier league discussion 28th/29th December

Post by L r d hAsta LueGo Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:02 pm

Matthew Upson wrote:Then knock out Manchester United fans Laughing Goater knows how to go to matches in style Ale

Then Man Utd based man utd fans are a bunch of c**ts anyway. Good on Goater i say Biggrin <Ale>
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Sgoater1 Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:26 pm

Matthew Upson wrote:Then knock out Manchester United fans Laughing Goater knows how to go to matches in style Ale

Yeah no prawn sarnies when you come to the football with me. <Ale>
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:46 pm

Black Magic wrote:
    Glenn Hysén wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:

*awaits LOL Emoticon*
    I think Pandev's an awesome footballer. I just didn't realise he was the type to 'explode' into other footballers.

Laughing

nah. villa, everton & west ham are all poised to finish ahead of city now elephant
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:40 am

debaser wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:
    Glenn Hysén wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:

*awaits LOL Emoticon*

Laughing

nah. villa, everton & west ham are all poised to finish ahead of city now elephant

Why ? pirat
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:17 am

Sgoater1 wrote:
    debaser wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:
    Glenn Hysén wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:

*awaits LOL Emoticon*

Laughing

Why ? pirat
    dunno. i just noticed villa and everton are only 3pts behind now, and still not being talked about the same as city. just throwing some villa hype out there really sunny
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:22 am

Dont count out Spurs.

If we can plug our defence, we've got no problems scoring; I fancy our chances of a top 6 finish when you consider that Villa's squad is threadbare, Everton usually tend to slump after Xmas, and Man City, well, there away record is abysmal.

Nothing like some NY optimism.

Chins <Ale>
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:24 am

Don Fabio wrote:Dont count out Spurs.

If we can plug our defence

and if I win the lottery I will be rich

some things are just never gonna happen mate

cue liverpool will never win the league comeback Smile
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:29 am

If we can plug our defence, we've got no problems scoring; I fancy our chances of a top 6 finish when you consider that Villa's squad is threadbare, Everton usually tend to slump after Xmas, and Man City, well, there away record is abysmal.

Chins <Ale>
    aye. you could get there, i don't rule it out. i fancy spurs more for a good cup run, just tending too concede too many to win consistently in the league

having said that, i'm not too confident about tomorrow. i think we've hit this fixture at a bad time.

about our squad...i think we'll get in at least a couple of players in jan to boost it, so we've probably got through the worst part - in that, if we'd had a few injuries in nov/dec we'd have dropped a lot of points, like we did in the same time period last season.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:51 am

debaser wrote:

Chins <Ale>
    aye. you could get there, i don't rule it out. i fancy spurs more for a good cup run, just tending too concede too many to win consistently in the league

having said that, i'm not too confident about tomorrow. i think we've hit this fixture at a bad time.

about our squad...i think we'll get in at least a couple of players in jan to boost it, so we've probably got through the worst part - in that, if we'd had a few injuries in nov/dec we'd have dropped a lot of points, like we did in the same time period last season.

I see Villa becoming a permanent fixture in the top 6 over the coming seasons, I really admire the foundations and the consistency that O ' Neill and Learner are bringing to your team. It reminds me a bit of how Everton have slowly formed into a real dark horse side- dont get much hype, but are getting along with it nicely. Taken Moyes much longer though.

I've always rated O 'Neill as a manager- plenty on here dont. Not sure why, proven pedigree throughout his career, and doing the same at Villa where the odd results aside, they look a very capable side with some good young talent.

@ COTR - the King is back. Yes it made little difference on Saturday, but in the contaxt of the next few months, it should make a big impact on the rest of the defence, and midfield. We've lacked leadership without Ledley. He is as important to Spurs as Gerrard or Carragher are to Liverpool - born and bred talented leaders.

Good luck with the league <Ale>
    tigerthesmurf

Number of posts : 83
    Supports : Arsenal!!!!!!! (Sao Paulo, Watford, Ajax, Inter)
    Registration date : 2007-12-30

Post by tigerthesmurf Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:53 am

Black Magic wrote:
    Glenn Hysén wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:

*awaits LOL Emoticon*

Laughing

Liverpool will be too good. 5th's between Everton and Man City I think.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:05 am

Don Fabio wrote:
    I see Villa becoming a permanent fixture in the top 6 over the coming seasons, I really admire the foundations and the consistency that O ' Neill and Learner are bringing to your team. It reminds me a bit of how Everton have slowly formed into a real dark horse side- dont get much hype, but are getting along with it nicely. Taken Moyes much longer though.

I've always rated O 'Neill as a manager- plenty on here dont. Not sure why, proven pedigree throughout his career, and doing the same at Villa where the odd results aside, they look a very capable side with some good young talent.
    <Ale> i hope you're right. i've said before - since lerner came in, everything about the club has been positive, as positive as its been in my life. O'Neill's doing very well, his only real weakness so far has been in transfers - a couple of questionable buys (buying knight after selling ridgewell, buying harewood at all) and it was a risk coming into this season with such a small squad. but, as he showed with spending £9m on young, he ain't afraid to spend big or take a risk. a couple of quality players in, and i think we'll definitely be top 8, and hopefully uefa.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:16 pm

Chins <Ale>

FFS im sick of people putting our away record down as terrible, look at who we have played...Arsenal, Chelsea, Villa, Pompey, Blackburn, West Ham, Tottenham, all really hard places to go. The other two away fixtures where Wigan (who are on decent form now Bruce took over so a draw isnt a bad result) and Fulham where we drew.

won 1 draw 4 lost 4 isnt a terrible record when you look at who we have played. Its not like we are Tottenham who have a similar record to ours but have played Bolton, Fulham, Boro, Sunderland.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:03 pm

Sgoater1 wrote:

Chins <Ale>

FFS im sick of people putting our away record down as terrible, look at who we have played...Arsenal, Chelsea, Villa, Pompey, Blackburn, West Ham, Tottenham, all really hard places to go. The other two away fixtures where Wigan (who are on decent form now Bruce took over so a draw isnt a bad result) and Fulham where we drew.

won 1 draw 4 lost 4 isnt a terrible record when you look at who we have played. Its not like we are Tottenham who have a similar record to ours but have played Bolton, Fulham, Boro, Sunderland.

We've played at Anfield, Old Trafford, The Emirates, and Pompey too. Also played at Newcastle & West Ham.

Hardest grounds left are Chelsea, Man City, Everton
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:34 pm

Honourable C*nt™️ wrote:
    Sgoater1 wrote:

Chins <Ale>

We've played at Anfield, Old Trafford, The Emirates, and Pompey too. Also played at Newcastle & West Ham.

and Villa and Blackburn.

My point is, its really annoying when people keep slaggin off our away record without takinginto account who we have played.

Would people say Pompy are abysmal at home ? cos they have one of the worst home records in the league. But that would be harsh cos they have played the top 6 /7 teams at home already.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:44 pm

Sgoater1 wrote:
    Honourable C*nt™️ wrote:
    Sgoater1 wrote:

Chins <Ale>

and Villa and Blackburn.

My point is, its really annoying when people keep slaggin off our away record without takinginto account who we have played.

Would people say Pompy are abysmal at home ? cos they have one of the worst home records in the league. But that would be harsh cos they have played the top 6 /7 teams at home already.
    aye so've villa. fixturing skews things. we've got a good away record, mainly because we've won at middling teams, while we've lost four at home - which ain't good, but they were vs liverpool, man utd, arsenal and portsmouth. only the latter was really disappointing.

for man city, you could make the case that both home and away records are skewed due to fixtures, as you've played most of the bottom 8 at home already, although it obviously is impressive to still be unbeaten.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:23 pm