Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
S4P
Murray
Sgoater1
debaser
Deluded F*ck™
Batman
10 posters

Liverpools recent run of good form playing 4-2-3-1

Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Liverpools recent run of good form playing 4-2-3-1 Empty Liverpools recent run of good form playing 4-2-3-1

Post by Batman Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:28 pm

The reason why Liverpool fans believed they would twat Man Utd.

Liverpool 1-2 Barnsley

A 7 game winning streak:

Liverpool 2-0 Inter Milan - beat a 10 man Inter Milan side who were missing their first choice CB's, red card/injury, when Liverpool scored.

Liverpool 3-2 Middlesbrough - Boro can raise their game but most of the time they are a poor side and gifted Torres two goals during the game.

Bolton 1-3 Liverpool - Bolton will probably get relegated.

Liverpool 4-0 West Ham - West Ham also lost 4-0 to Chelsea and Tottenham.

Liverpool 3-0 Newcastle - hadn't won a game under King Kev yet.

Inter Milan 0-1 Liverpool - 10 men again.

Liverpool 2-1 Reading - currently 15th in the league.

Man Utd 3-0 Liverpool

Erm

Liverpool fans need to learn how to...

Spoiler:

What wind-up rating from 1-10 would you give me for this post?

1 = the poster has made lots of valid points

10 = the poster is a c**t and this is a complete wind-up.

Devil
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Liverpools recent run of good form playing 4-2-3-1 Empty Re: Liverpools recent run of good form playing 4-2-3-1

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:30 pm

Mini Vanilli lol!

I'll be diplomatic and give it a 5. The system has got Gerrard playing brilliantly.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Liverpools recent run of good form playing 4-2-3-1 Empty Re: Liverpools recent run of good form playing 4-2-3-1

Post by debaser Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:35 pm

they had a nice run of fixtures, bookended by the 2 tricky inter ties - and they won 'em all. hard to take anything bad from that.

any fans of a team on a 7 game winning run will think they have a chance of winning the next game.

also, the fact you play down the Inter wins because they were against ten men could also be used to belittle the Man Utd win yesterday, no?

(don't know why I'm defending liverpool. dislike them as much as utd or anyone else Smile)
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Sgoater1 Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:37 pm

Rafa's copying Sven.
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10247

Post by Murray Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:39 pm

A Tribe Called TS™️ wrote:Mini Vanilli lol!

I'll be diplomatic and give it a 5. The system has got Gerrard playing brilliantly.

Milli Vanilli lol! lol! lol!
    Batman
    Batman

Post by Batman Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:45 pm

debaser wrote:

also, the fact you play down the Inter wins because they were against ten men could also be used to belittle the Man Utd win yesterday, no?

we were 1-0 up and in control when it was still 11 v 11
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:51 pm

Desi Jatt wrote:
    debaser wrote:

maybe so, but things can change during the course of a match, 1-0 at half time is not game over. there is no question that Liverpool losing Mascherano helped make the victory easier for Utd.
    Batman
    Batman

Post by Batman Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:55 pm

debaser wrote:
    Desi Jatt wrote:
    debaser wrote:

maybe so, but things can change during the course of a match, 1-0 at half time is not game over. there is no question that Liverpool losing Mascherano helped make the victory easier for Utd.

Liverpool haven't scored a goal past us in the league for over 10 hours now.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:59 pm

Murray wrote:
    A Tribe Called TS™️ wrote:Milli Vanilli lol!

Embarassed
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:46 pm

A Tribe Called TS™️ wrote:The system has got Gerrard playing brilliantly.

bom
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:50 pm

S4P wrote:

bom

Yesterday aside...
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:59 pm

A Tribe Called TS™️ wrote:
    S4P wrote:

bom

Yesterday aside...

Forgotten how many times I said there were better CMs at Pool and his best position wasn't in CM (though I wasn't the only one Wink).

He's doing OK in his new role.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:26 pm

S4P wrote:
    S4P wrote:

bom

Yesterday aside...

Forgotten how many times I said there were better CMs at Pool and his best position wasn't in CM (though I wasn't the only one Wink).

Sure his best position is the one he is now in, but has benitez said during the week he is also great as a CM. He can play almost anywhere (apart from too high up the pitch). This is not a negative SP. It's a big positive for us Laughing

Gerrard is a different option to alonso and mascha. Who you want to call better depends purely on the manager in charge and what they want from a set up of a team. If benitez does not want his CM's to commit forward much then of course alonso and mascha are more useful at sitting. An attacking manager who wants more from his centre mids would pick gerrard in a heartbeat. Gerrard would walk all over maka, ballack, flump and co to play as a CM in chelsea's team Razz
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:35 pm

COTR wrote:
    S4P wrote:
    S4P wrote:

bom

Yesterday aside...

Sure his best position is the one he is now in, but has benitez said during the week he is also great as a CM. He can play almost anywhere (apart from too high up the pitch). This is not a negative SP. It's a big positive for us Laughing

Gerrard is a different option to alonso and mascha. Who you want to call better depends purely on the manager in charge and what they want from a set up of a team. If benitez does not want his CM's to commit forward much then of course alonso and mascha are more useful at sitting. An attacking manager who wants more from his centre mids would pick gerrard in a heartbeat. Gerrard would walk all over maka, ballack, flump and co to play as a CM in chelsea's team Razz

Maka may have a free bus pass and a pension, but he's still the master of the holding role.

Gerrard's ball control is pub standard compared to Germany's only genuine world class player (I do not mean the likes of Mad Jens, Klose and whoever is flavour of the month for otto).

Flumps I'll give you that one, but would Gerrard score 4 against Derby and 3 against Leicester and Macclesfield? I don't think so. He'd do a good job of warming the seat for Ballack when Grant (bizarrely) takes him off though. Wink
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:47 pm

Yes how strange

Ballack comes off and you suddenly start dominating the match Razz

Felt sorry for essien. He has been Cr@p this season but there is no need to humiliate him by playing him at right back Biggrin
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:53 pm

Murray wrote:

Embarassed

lol!

Liverpool are Roma wannabe's. Copying our formation and now getting trounced at OT. <Ale>
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:08 pm

A Tribe Called BM™️ wrote:
    Murray wrote:

Embarassed

lol!

Liverpool are Roma wannabe's. Copying our formation and now getting trounced at OT. <Ale>

Nothing funny in getting trounced at OT, De Rossi possibly scored one of the goals of the game .. after Carricks 2nd Biggrin
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:27 pm

Markus wrote:
    Murray wrote:

Embarassed

lol!

Nothing funny in getting trounced at OT, De Rossi possibly scored one of the goals of the game .. after Carricks 2nd Biggrin

When did I laugh about getting trounced?
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:30 pm

Markus wrote:
    Murray wrote:

Embarassed

lol!

When did I laugh about getting trounced?

Thought you was making light of the outcome, still when things like that happen all you can do is laugh.
    robert
    robert

Number of posts : 5672
    Supports : Manchester United
    Favourite Player : Giggs
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by robert Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:40 pm

Markus wrote:
    Murray wrote:

Embarassed

lol!

Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:50 pm

robert wrote:
    Markus wrote:
    Murray wrote:

Embarassed

lol!

WOW! Some consilation. Sad
    robert
    robert

Post by robert Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:52 pm

Hey yes it certainly was, no look opposide side foot. If only you Romans were willing to sell!
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:00 pm

De Rossi wouldn't leave even if we were willing to sell. Now Aquilani, there's another story, I think he'll leave within the next 2-3 seasons, just a vibe I'm getting from him. He has never ruled out leaving unlike Totti and De Rossi and generally seems open to talks of moving abroad or to Milan (both clubs) - Very worried I am.
    robert
    robert

Post by robert Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:31 pm

Well I spose if we can't have Darth we could have Luke.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:43 pm