Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
TITO
shazlx
Pierre Littbarski
Oleguerisntthatbad
Fey
Ricardo Jol
Pirlo
Super Progress
EM Seleção e Selecção
Bashmachkin
Machiavel
BoBo Vieri 32
Juligen
golsud
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Jaime
fcb
bluenine
DS
Calidad
Red n' Black
debaser
Axeslammer
gone
Tweesus
Parks lives
TM
31 posters

Sheva and Ronaldinho To Milan - Done Deals: Galliani.

TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Sheva and Ronaldinho To Milan - Done Deals: Galliani. Empty Sheva and Ronaldinho To Milan - Done Deals: Galliani.

Post by TM Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:17 pm

Milan Vice President Adriano Galliani has declared that the club have all but signed Ronaldinho and Andriy Shevchenko, stating that both are “180 per cent Milan players”.

All In An Evening's Work

Over the past week or so, reports in the Italian press have been strengthening that Ronaldinho will be signing for Milan.

Last night sources in both Italy and Spain claimed that an agreement had been reached between all parties to take the Brazilian to San Siro, seemingly after Barcelona and Milan agreed a cut-price deal.

Onda Catalana Radio had claimed that Galliani flew to Barcelona yesterday and that a meeting took place between him, Ronaldinho’s brother and agent Roberto de Assis, middleman Ernesto Bronzetti and Barcelona director Txiki Begiristain.

De Assis has since strengthened talk of an imminent transfer.

“We only want to talk to Milan,” he had confirmed. “He [Ronaldinho] will either go there or stay at Barcelona.”

The Prodigal Son Returns

Meanwhile Milan have also been working hard to bring back old favourite Shevchenko back to the club - with bossed Silvio Berlusconi and Adriano Galliani keen to see their former favourite back in a red and black shirt.

The Ukrainian has had a miserable time since leaving to join Chelsea in 2006, and is reported to have made an emotional phone call to Carlo Ancelotti earlier this week, in which he coaxed the coach to re-sign him.

Chelsea are happy to offload him for a lot less than they signed him for, and it seems that the San Siro gates have been opened for him as well after Carletto gave the nod.

Galliani's Rubber Stamp

Galliani has confirmed that both deals are practically done.

“Ronaldinho and Shevchenko are 180 per cent Milan players,” he told journalists last night.

Both players are expected to cost just in excess of 20 million euros each.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Sheva and Ronaldinho To Milan - Done Deals: Galliani. Empty Re: Sheva and Ronaldinho To Milan - Done Deals: Galliani.

Post by Parks lives Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:18 pm

If true, £15 million for Ronaldinhio is good business as they'll make that money back easily in marketing.

£15 million for Sheva though is taking the piss some what.
    TM
    TM

Sheva and Ronaldinho To Milan - Done Deals: Galliani. Empty Re: Sheva and Ronaldinho To Milan - Done Deals: Galliani.

Post by TM Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:19 pm

Doubt Milan fans will be happy, Sheva is 32 and Dinho is 28. Both will add to a already aging, squad.

Sacchi recently said Milan shouldn't invest more in youth, as 'big stars' usually flop at AC.
    TM
    TM

Post by TM Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:21 pm

Parks lives wrote:If true, £15 million for Ronaldinhio is good business as they'll make that money back easily in marketing.£15 million for Sheva though is taking the piss some what.

<Ale>

Easily, but it depends if Dinho gets his career back on track, like Batman pointed out Nike no longer use him as a marketing tool as before, although Milan will probably get a cut of his sponsorship deals.

Sheva's career is over, he should move to the MLS and link up with Becks Biggrin

Will this mean Pato has to give up his shirt number?!
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:21 pm

£15m for Sheva lol!

He's a shadow of the player he once was.

Dinho of course will be a great signing for them, if indeed it is confirmed.
    gone
    gone

Number of posts : 3455
    Supports : Steaua
    Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by gone Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:23 pm

TM wrote:Will this mean Pato has to give up his shirt number?!

No, but I can see Seedorf giveing up his nr. 10 shirt if Ronaldinho comes. In fact I see Seedorf sitting on the bench most of the games.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Axeslammer Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:24 pm

So I'm the only one who thinks Sheva will not be dud at Milan ?
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:25 pm

Gone wrote:

No, but I can see Seedorf giveing up his nr. 10 shirt if Ronaldinho comes. In fact I see Seedorf sitting on the bench most of the games.

No way, I can see Seedorf returning to Ajax though....

(and maybe do a Rijkaard Smile)
    TM
    TM

Post by TM Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:25 pm

Gone wrote:

Seedorf is a quality player for Milan, and the real reason behind the CL triumph, but i get the feeling he will be offloaded to Ajax. Signing Sheva will (potentially) halt Pato's progress as Sheva won't take too keen to sitting on the bench.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:31 pm

TM wrote:
    Gone wrote:

Seedorf is a quality player for Milan, and the real reason behind the CL triumph, but i get the feeling he will be offloaded to Ajax. Signing Sheva will (potentially) halt Pato's progress as Sheva won't take too keen to sitting on the bench.
    he must've gotten used to it in the last 2 years. I'd be amazed if he's got any confidence left by the time he leaves Chelsea.Mind you, Milan certainly sounds the best move for him, in terms of giving him a chance to prove himself at a top club again,

so how do people think Milan will play: Kaka, Pato, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Sheva, Ronaldo (?), Inzaghi...that's a fair amount of attacking options...
    Red n' Black
    Red n' Black

Number of posts : 1499
    Supports : AC Milan
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by Red n' Black Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:36 pm

Axeslammer wrote:So I'm the only one who thinks Sheva will not be dud at Milan ?

I actually agree with you but I don't want him here anyway. Should've gone for someone like Amauri or Drogba. Even Ancelotti said he would want someone with different characteristics to compliment Pato, but the idiots in charge want to bring Mr. Pazik back. Mad
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:38 pm

Now that would be a great front 4 if you got Ronaldinhio fit.

Kaka, Pato, Ronaldinhio & Drogba.

Would need a great DM to play next to Pirlo in midfield though.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:38 pm

Shocking move for Milan if true. Even if Sheva does recapture his form (unlikely), he's 32!!! He doesn't have many years left in him. Done a great bit of business selling for 30m, personally think it's hilarious that they're buying him back for 15m when he's clearly past it.
    Red n' Black
    Red n' Black

Number of posts : 1499
    Supports : AC Milan
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by Red n' Black Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:47 pm

Parks lives wrote:Now that would be a great front 4 if you got Ronaldinhio fit.

Kaka, Pato, Ronaldinhio & Drogba.

Would need a great DM to play next to Pirlo in midfield though.

I think it sounds good but if you have those 4+Pirlo then even Essien wouldn't be able to plug all those holes at the same time!

Ideally I would prefer something more balanced, a front 3 of Kaka, Pato and Drogba Wink

Seedorf,Pirlo and Gattuso and better fullbacks+GK. <Ale>
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:51 pm

Red n' Black wrote:
    Axeslammer wrote:So I'm the only one who thinks Sheva will not be dud at Milan ?

I actually agree with you but I don't want him here anyway. Should've gone for someone like Amauri or Drogba. Even Ancelotti said he would want someone with different characteristics to compliment Pato, but the idiots in charge want to bring Mr. Pazik back. Mad
    I agree he just couldnt adjust to EPL , he will be back to familiar surroundings at Milan.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:51 pm

Agreed on overloading the attack and on signing the fullbacks.

When you knocked us out in 2005, two of your best players were Maldini and Cafu, Cafu especially. Great in defence and then like a right winger when needed. If your playing a 3 man midfield with no real wingers, then good fullbacks are obviously essential. <Ale>
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:53 pm

debaser wrote:
    TM wrote:
    Gone wrote:

he must've gotten used to it in the last 2 years. I'd be amazed if he's got any confidence left by the time he leaves Chelsea.Mind you, Milan certainly sounds the best move for him, in terms of giving him a chance to prove himself at a top club again,

so how do people think Milan will play: Kaka, Pato, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Sheva, Ronaldo (?), Inzaghi +Gilardino...that's a fair amount of attacking options...
    Like I mentioned on the Serie A thread, this is not really helping Milan.... they are basically adding players with similar characteristics to what they already have.

If this means that Milan will not get top players for their critical gaps (a CB, a DM, and a GK), then I don't see this helping Milan much.

Milan would have been much better off getting a Drogba or a Amauri.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:55 pm

I don't think they'll spend that much on Shevchenko. Earlier rumours said it would be on loan, like the Crespo deal.

But I do agree, looks like bad news for Seedorf.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:59 pm

Milan are signing Zambrotta too this summer.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:08 pm

kas wrote:Milan are signing Zambrotta too this summer.

Is that official or just your wishful thinking? Haven't read anything on him in a while...

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:15 pm

@Jaime: yep, Milan are signing Zambo (God willing). Berlu and Barca have reached an agreement methinks.

Ronaldinho, if it happens, is a great signing IMO, simply because it's not a lot of money.

Sheva, I'm ambivalent about. He will definitely not supplant Pato TM, but his age is a concern. He will be a loan deal if anything.

In other news, Gianluca Vialli has said Drogba has signed with one of the Milan clubs (a pre-season contract). It is from an Italian source. May be balderdash though.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:16 pm

Droba is DEFINATELY leaving this summer ok
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:20 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:@Jaime: yep, Milan are signing Zambo (God willing). Berlu and Barca have reached an agreement methinks.

Ronaldinho, if it happens, is a great signing IMO, simply because it's not a lot of money.

Sheva, I'm ambivalent about. He will definitely not supplant Pato TM, but his age is a concern. He will be a loan deal if anything.

In other news, Gianluca Vialli has said Drogba has signed with one of the Milan clubs (a pre-season contract). It is from an Italian source. May be balderdash though.

What if the Ronaldinho transfer was 30 mill as Mundo Deportivo says today - will you still be happy with that?

I think that's fair too, because of the huge commercial benefits he brings.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:20 pm

Tweedle wrote:Droba is DEFINATELY leaving this summer ok

Yeah. Hopefully not to the less prestigious side of Milan.
    golsud

Number of posts : 4869
    Supports : Barça

Post by golsud Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:22 pm

We should sell Ronnie & Zambrotta as a pack for 40 million minimum.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:22 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:

He'll be 30 next year. Probably not going to reach the levels he did a couple of seasons ago.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:22 pm

kas wrote:
    Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:@Jaime: yep, Milan are signing Zambo (God willing). Berlu and Barca have reached an agreement methinks.

What if the Ronaldinho transfer was 30 mill as Mundo Deportivo says today - will you still be happy with that?

I think that's fair too, because of the huge commercial benefits he brings.

Yeah kas I would. He is still 28, and can return to being a great player. He just seems like he needs motivation.

Breaking news: Assis has said we need patience to see Ronaldinho's move to Milan materialize. He said that Barca also have to be made happy. Galliani said that out of respect to Barca they will not force Dinho to rescind his contract (based on the FIFA ruling).
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:26 pm

Breaking news: Assis has said we need patience to see Ronaldinho's move to Milan materialize. He said that Barca also have to be made happy. Galliani said that out of respect to Barca they will not force Dinho to rescind his contract (based on the FIFA ruling).

Yup, none of that surprises me. The contract rescinding nonsense was just made up by the Madrid press anyway. This is Ronaldinho we're talking about, not Figo or Saviola. He's a much more humble and down to earth person despite his brother's efforts, and the majority of cules, as well as the directors, players, and coaches, still have a good relationship with him.

And the transfer will of course take time because the sponsorship issues will be massively complicated to sort out between Nike and Adidas. Whose clothes will he wear when, etc.
    TM
    TM

Post by TM Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:00 pm

Gomez, Zambo, Roanldinho all great additions to the milan squad.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:02 pm

Why, you prefer Sheva?? Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:10 pm