Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
debaser
L r dd
6 posters

Do we want him?

L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Do we want him? Empty Do we want him?

Post by L r dd Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:36 am

CHARLES N'ZOGBIA is hoping to force his way into the ENGLAND squad.

The Wigan winger, 23, would qualify if he applied for dual French and British nationality.

And despite playing for the French Under-21 side 13 times, the Normandy-born star now hopes to impress England coach Fabio Capello.

He said: "There could be a few places up for grabs in midfield. The dream of every player is to take part in the World Cup.

"So, if I'm given a chance to do so, I'll take it because it would only take me two weeks to acquire dual nationality.

"I think that France are not too interested in me, even though I have played with the Under-21s for a year-and-a-half."

I think we're well covered in the positions he can play and given the fact he's not English i give it a thumbs down. But a more exciting choice than Alumunia for sure.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Do we want him? Empty Re: Do we want him?

Post by debaser Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:06 am

Good player, but I'm just not a big fan of the trend of players who can't get in their own country's team taking up another nationality (e.g. the token Brazilian that every country seems to have).

Although it would take the Lennon vs N'Zogbia thing to new levels if they were in the same team Biggrin
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Number of posts : 9733
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post by Aristoskank Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:48 am

debaser wrote:Although it would take the Lennon vs N'Zogbia thing to new levels if they were in the same team Biggrin

And this is the reason we should try to make it happen. I'm going to start a facebook group.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:54 am

He's not English and never will be.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:00 pm

It is a shame though that his own kind have snubbed him, I still remember the French FA kicking him out of the U21 squad because of the manner of his move here. Surely there is some African team he can join? His cousin Tsonga is part Congolese, but I suppose that wouldn't help him get to the WC.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:18 pm

Dcent player. But he's French.
    110%

Number of posts : 8978
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by 110% Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:58 am

debaser wrote:Good player, but I'm just not a big fan of the trend of players who can't get in their own country's team taking up another nationality (e.g. the token Brazilian that every country seems to have).

Although it would take the Lennon vs N'Zogbia thing to new levels if they were in the same team Biggrin

I think that England needs a token brasilian, at least someone to blame other than the manager, just for being foreign. N-Zogbia wouldn't work (same as almunia) as you have to start off by liking him, and then later blaming him when things go wrong.

Maybe we could do it to the twins at manu? England are usually shit for full-backs, so they'd have a pretty good chance of making it. Then we'd have 2 to blame for the price of one Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:56 pm