Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
FootballFarrago
S4P
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Super Progress
110%
Khadrim
AlenBoksic
Di Caniooooo!
fcb
Aristoskank
COTR
Kroos
bluenine
17 posters

UEFA Approve Financial Fair Play Regulations

bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

UEFA Approve Financial Fair Play Regulations Empty UEFA Approve Financial Fair Play Regulations

Post by bluenine Thu May 27, 2010 8:11 pm

Respect to Platini - another pathbreaking change in the right direction... he was a great player, but even a greater administrator... Ale

UEFA Approve Financial Fair Play Regulations
    New financial regulations to come into force during period ending 2012…
    By Rupert Fryer

UEFA announced today that their Executive Committee has unanimously approved proposed financial fair play regulations within football.

An official statement read:

“After a phased implementation over three years (2010, 2011, 2012), the main cornerstone of the regulations, the 'break-even requirement', enters into force for the financial statements of the reporting period ending 2012, to be assessed during the 2013-14 UEFA club competitions season.”

The new financial restrictions, the brainchild of UEFA president Michel Platini, are being brought in an attempt to restrict the excessive spending that has left a number of European clubs in financial ruin.

Upon the committee's approval, Platini said, “We have worked on the Financial Fair Play concept hand-in-hand with the clubs, as our intention is not to punish them, but to protect them. We have an agreement with the clubs. The philosophy is that you cannot spend more money than you generate.”

The UEFA statement listed the three ‘main pillars’ of the new regulations:

1. Break-even requirement – clubs must not spend more than they generate over a period of time.
    2. No overdues payable during the season - towards other clubs, employees and/or social/tax authorities).
    3. Provision of future financial information – to ensure clubs can meet their future obligations.
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

UEFA Approve Financial Fair Play Regulations Empty Re: UEFA Approve Financial Fair Play Regulations

Post by Kroos Fri May 28, 2010 12:58 pm

the only club who will profit from this rule will be bayern
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

UEFA Approve Financial Fair Play Regulations Empty Re: UEFA Approve Financial Fair Play Regulations

Post by COTR Fri May 28, 2010 1:24 pm

Go on Ozil

Do tell us why
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Number of posts : 9733
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post by Aristoskank Fri May 28, 2010 2:18 pm

In all likelihood this will have the opposite of the intended effect. Clubs in the CL in the next two seasons will be able to spend the 20-50 million extra building up their squads to try to ensure they remain in the CL after these regulations come in. Clubs outside the CL (and to a lesser extent the Waffa Cup) will struggle to break into that elite group without a sugar daddy bankrolling a serious squad improvement.

As such, this is likely to increase the gap between the clubs in European competition and those out of it, rather than make football more financially equal as a sport. A wage/transfer fee cap would have made a lot more sense, I predict this will be an epic fail on the part of Platini.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Fri May 28, 2010 2:27 pm

I recall reading that they won't restrict spending on the club facilities, academy, infrastructure, etc. The "cannot spend more than they earn" is mainly related to player wages/transfer fees. So it would be pretty easy for some clubs to come up with some creative accounting to dodge this rule.
    Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
    Supports : West Ham
    Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Di Caniooooo! Fri May 28, 2010 4:01 pm

kas wrote:I recall reading that they won't restrict spending on the club facilities, academy, infrastructure, etc. The "cannot spend more than they earn" is mainly related to player wages/transfer fees. So it would be pretty easy for some clubs to come up with some creative accounting to dodge this rule.
    Yeah, watch clubs sign 80,000 a week groundskeepers who also play footy.
    AlenBoksic

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2010-05-29

Post by AlenBoksic Sat May 29, 2010 2:16 am

Another total shit plan by Platini, the rich stay rich the poor get poorer. Never again can someone Ambramovic or Sheik Mansoor come in to shake things up. Welcome to the next twenty years of Man U, Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Juve winning the Champions League without fail. Established teams with big fanbases will always win from now. Platini is an absolute c**t
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Number of posts : 9733
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post by Aristoskank Sat May 29, 2010 10:51 am

Di Caniooooo! wrote:
    kas wrote:I recall reading that they won't restrict spending on the club facilities, academy, infrastructure, etc. The "cannot spend more than they earn" is mainly related to player wages/transfer fees. So it would be pretty easy for some clubs to come up with some creative accounting to dodge this rule.

Arsenal already have, apparently.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Sun May 30, 2010 9:04 am

AlenBoksic wrote:Another total shit plan by Platini, the rich stay rich the poor get poorer. Never again can someone Ambramovic or Sheik Mansoor come in to shake things up. Welcome to the next twenty years of Man U, Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Juve winning the Champions League without fail. Established teams with big fanbases will always win from now. Platini is an absolute c**t

I am not sure whether thats such a good thing... sure, I don't mind rich billionaires taking over clubs, but speding 100's of million every season cannot be healthy. New rich owners can still spend a lot, but I am glad there will be a sensible ceiling in place. Specially coz this reduces the chances for clubs to become bankrupt due to transfer peer pressure!
    Khadrim
    Khadrim

Number of posts : 1719
    Supports : Fulham soft spot for Liverpool, Newcastle, Wolfsburg, Rubin Kazan
    Favourite Player : Paintsil, Barry, Iniesta, Ozil
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by Khadrim Sun May 30, 2010 12:12 pm

bluenine wrote:
    AlenBoksic wrote:Another total shit plan by Platini, the rich stay rich the poor get poorer. Never again can someone Ambramovic or Sheik Mansoor come in to shake things up. Welcome to the next twenty years of Man U, Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Juve winning the Champions League without fail. Established teams with big fanbases will always win from now. Platini is an absolute c**t

I am not sure whether thats such a good thing... sure, I don't mind rich billionaires taking over clubs, but speding 100's of million every season cannot be healthy. New rich owners can still spend a lot, but I am glad there will be a sensible ceiling in place. Specially coz this reduces the chances for clubs to become bankrupt due to transfer peer pressure!

Well said.
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Mon May 31, 2010 12:53 pm

bluenine wrote:

OK if you've got a rich billionaire already though, who has already spend millions over the last few seasons Wink
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Mon May 31, 2010 2:27 pm

I think Marcotti kind of debunked these regulations and I think he said something along the lines of what you are saying. I don't think top clubs would really allow regulations that would do serious harm. They would just use the Superleague card again.

Life wrote:
    Di Caniooooo! wrote:

lol!

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:44 pm

Super Laudrup wrote:
    I think Marcotti kind of debunked these regulations and I think he said something along the lines of what you are saying. I don't think top clubs would really allow regulations that would do serious harm. They would just use the Superleague card again.

Life wrote:
    Di Caniooooo! wrote:

lol!

Was it this article?

Effort to bring fiscal sanity to game an important, but small, step

Gabriele Marcotti

We knew it was coming sooner or later. Michel Platini, president of UEFA, had said as much. And now we're one step closer, after UEFA approved what it calls the "concept" of "financial fair play."

It's a fairly fuzzy idea, but the basic notion is that clubs who wish to compete in UEFA competitions -- such as the Champions League and the Europa League -- will have to meet a set of requirements aimed at ensuring that "they live within their means."

Generally speaking, that means expenditures on transfer fees and wages will be linked to revenues. The more you make, the more you can spend. And for those clubs who currently carry debt, they will have to work to reduce it over time. The "penalty" for not meeting the new requirements -- which, once they are laid out, should be introduced from 2012 -- will be exclusion from UEFA tournaments.

Of all of Platini's ideas thus far -- some very good, some a little more questionable (though, generally, well-intentioned) -- this is easily the most ambitious, because it forces clubs to effectively be run as businesses, breaking even or making a profit over time.

In many ways, that's antithetical to the way many have operated over the years, with some wealthy patrons happy to lose money in exchange for public recognition and other owners taking huge (and often irresponsible) gambles which see them accumulate large quantities of debt in the pursuit of short-term glory. Of course, when those gambles don't work, they either let the clubs go bust or asset-strip and let them fall down the divisions.

It's called "fair play," but that's only part of it. The "fair play" part concerns what some have called financial doping. The most extreme examples in recent years saw Lazio, which won an Italian title, and Leeds United, which reached the semifinals of the Champions League, both were on the verge of bankruptcy largely because they spent money they didn't have and, realistically, were never going to recoup. Like conventional doping, the "victims" were the clubs who lost out to Leeds and Lazio. The fact that both clubs have since been "punished" (Leeds tumbled down to the third flight of English football, Lazio nearly went bankrupt and is now severely hamstrung financially) is scant consolation to the players and fans who missed out.

It's hard to argue against Platini on that point. But there are more implications and issues UEFA will need to wade through if this concept is ever going to work. And some of them make you wonder if it's fair or even desirable to go down this road.

First of all, accounting standards, local regulations and tax laws vary tremendously across Europe. UEFA can't force individual countries to change their laws, so any kind of system implemented will have to tread some complicated terrain. If they make it too rigid, some nations will be unfairly penalized. Make it too loose and it all becomes toothless.

Second, UEFA plans to rightly distinguish between spending on players and long-term capital investment on things like stadiums, youth academies and other non-playing squad spending (which won't be capped). The problem here is policing and enforcement. Paying players off the books for tax reasons has long been a tradition. If the tax authorities, with their powers to audit, can't bring clubs into line, how does UEFA hope to do it? And if overall club revenues determine spending on players, how do you stop a wealthy owner from inflating his club's revenues?

(A simple example: A club buys a plot of land for $10 million with the idea of building a new training ground. It then changes its mind and sells it to the club's owner for $50 million, arguing that real estate prices have gone up. Presto! There's $40 million in profit to spend on players! You can police this for a few clubs, but does UEFA have the resources to investigate the 200-odd clubs who enter European competitions every year?)

Third, the risk of a legal challenge is real. A restriction of trade argument is easy to make; whether the European Court of Justice upholds it or not is another matter, but, remember, nobody gave Jean-Marc Bosman a prayer either, and we know how that turned out.

Fourth, if the rules are implemented, one side-effect is that the rich will stay rich and the poor will stay poor. Clubs with the biggest revenues will still be able to radically outspend those with lower revenues and the imbalance will remain. The only difference is that with expenditures capped, tall clubs will be all but guaranteed to turn a profit every year. There is no question that this is favorable to the club owners (many of whom are already ridiculously wealthy men), but what about the players? Aren't they the ones who are generating the wealth? And do we really want to reinforce a situation where Real Madrid will always be able to spend 30 or 40 times as much as, say, Almería?

Finally, the new rules will limit the ability of men such as Roman Abramovich and Sheikh Mansour to make the kind of massive investments they made to turn Chelsea and Manchester City, respectively, into overnight juggernauts. That's fine, the fast rise of those clubs has annoyed many who accuse them of "buying success". But it's worth noting that they "bought" that success with cold, hard cash. Between them, they spent more than one billion (with a "b") dollars, money which came from outside the game, and was, ultimately, distributed to clubs all across the world. Are we sure it's desirable to discourage this?

Platini's heart is, no doubt, in the right place. I just hope UEFA thinks this one through very, very carefully. It could be the single biggest decision it ever takes.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/gabriele_marcotti/09/24/fair.play/index.html#ixzz1JWrlaZ1n

Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:36 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:
    Super Laudrup wrote:

Life wrote:
    Di Caniooooo! wrote:

lol!

Was it this article?

Effort to bring fiscal sanity to game an important, but small, step

Gabriele Marcotti

We knew it was coming sooner or later. Michel Platini, president of UEFA, had said as much. And now we're one step closer, after UEFA approved what it calls the "concept" of "financial fair play."

It's a fairly fuzzy idea, but the basic notion is that clubs who wish to compete in UEFA competitions -- such as the Champions League and the Europa League -- will have to meet a set of requirements aimed at ensuring that "they live within their means."

Generally speaking, that means expenditures on transfer fees and wages will be linked to revenues. The more you make, the more you can spend. And for those clubs who currently carry debt, they will have to work to reduce it over time. The "penalty" for not meeting the new requirements -- which, once they are laid out, should be introduced from 2012 -- will be exclusion from UEFA tournaments.

Of all of Platini's ideas thus far -- some very good, some a little more questionable (though, generally, well-intentioned) -- this is easily the most ambitious, because it forces clubs to effectively be run as businesses, breaking even or making a profit over time.

In many ways, that's antithetical to the way many have operated over the years, with some wealthy patrons happy to lose money in exchange for public recognition and other owners taking huge (and often irresponsible) gambles which see them accumulate large quantities of debt in the pursuit of short-term glory. Of course, when those gambles don't work, they either let the clubs go bust or asset-strip and let them fall down the divisions.

It's called "fair play," but that's only part of it. The "fair play" part concerns what some have called financial doping. The most extreme examples in recent years saw Lazio, which won an Italian title, and Leeds United, which reached the semifinals of the Champions League, both were on the verge of bankruptcy largely because they spent money they didn't have and, realistically, were never going to recoup. Like conventional doping, the "victims" were the clubs who lost out to Leeds and Lazio. The fact that both clubs have since been "punished" (Leeds tumbled down to the third flight of English football, Lazio nearly went bankrupt and is now severely hamstrung financially) is scant consolation to the players and fans who missed out.

It's hard to argue against Platini on that point. But there are more implications and issues UEFA will need to wade through if this concept is ever going to work. And some of them make you wonder if it's fair or even desirable to go down this road.

First of all, accounting standards, local regulations and tax laws vary tremendously across Europe. UEFA can't force individual countries to change their laws, so any kind of system implemented will have to tread some complicated terrain. If they make it too rigid, some nations will be unfairly penalized. Make it too loose and it all becomes toothless.

Second, UEFA plans to rightly distinguish between spending on players and long-term capital investment on things like stadiums, youth academies and other non-playing squad spending (which won't be capped). The problem here is policing and enforcement. Paying players off the books for tax reasons has long been a tradition. If the tax authorities, with their powers to audit, can't bring clubs into line, how does UEFA hope to do it? And if overall club revenues determine spending on players, how do you stop a wealthy owner from inflating his club's revenues?

(A simple example: A club buys a plot of land for $10 million with the idea of building a new training ground. It then changes its mind and sells it to the club's owner for $50 million, arguing that real estate prices have gone up. Presto! There's $40 million in profit to spend on players! You can police this for a few clubs, but does UEFA have the resources to investigate the 200-odd clubs who enter European competitions every year?)

Third, the risk of a legal challenge is real. A restriction of trade argument is easy to make; whether the European Court of Justice upholds it or not is another matter, but, remember, nobody gave Jean-Marc Bosman a prayer either, and we know how that turned out.

Fourth, if the rules are implemented, one side-effect is that the rich will stay rich and the poor will stay poor. Clubs with the biggest revenues will still be able to radically outspend those with lower revenues and the imbalance will remain. The only difference is that with expenditures capped, tall clubs will be all but guaranteed to turn a profit every year. There is no question that this is favorable to the club owners (many of whom are already ridiculously wealthy men), but what about the players? Aren't they the ones who are generating the wealth? And do we really want to reinforce a situation where Real Madrid will always be able to spend 30 or 40 times as much as, say, Almería?

Finally, the new rules will limit the ability of men such as Roman Abramovich and Sheikh Mansour to make the kind of massive investments they made to turn Chelsea and Manchester City, respectively, into overnight juggernauts. That's fine, the fast rise of those clubs has annoyed many who accuse them of "buying success". But it's worth noting that they "bought" that success with cold, hard cash. Between them, they spent more than one billion (with a "b") dollars, money which came from outside the game, and was, ultimately, distributed to clubs all across the world. Are we sure it's desirable to discourage this?

Platini's heart is, no doubt, in the right place. I just hope UEFA thinks this one through very, very carefully. It could be the single biggest decision it ever takes.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/gabriele_marcotti/09/24/fair.play/index.html#ixzz1JWrlaZ1n

I think so.
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea

Post by S4P Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:47 pm

It will be like the Stability & Growth pact for the EMU: It will work and look threatening until one of the big players (in the case of the SGP, France and Germany) breaches the rules yet avoids sanctions. The conditions will then be softened until the whole thing becomes a farce.
    FootballFarrago
    FootballFarrago

Number of posts : 77
    Registration date : 2011-03-15

Post by FootballFarrago Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:43 pm

One of FF's writers, Samuel Garuda, did a piece on this initiative a while back but I think it's still relevant. Don't think he believes it will really help much... And I'm not convinced, either. The big clubs will find a way round it, won't they?

http://www.footballfarrago.com/2011/02/football-essays-race-to-beat-uefa.html
    Ä
    Ä

Number of posts : 11028
    Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:29 pm

what does the nutty spending of clubs like St.Petersburg, PSG, Man City... tell us about the likelihood of

the Financial Fair Play

rules

ever getting applied properly ?
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:30 am

FFP shouldnt be about such clubs. Private owners should be able spent what they want. It's their money innit!

For me it should be about the Valencia's of this world. Teams that keep on spending and loaning from bankrupt banks!

But perhaps it's changing already! Considering both la Liga and the Serie A have a positive transfer balance.

UEFA Approve Financial Fair Play Regulations Caad7010

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:18 pm

I agree with Fey. Those billionaires are pumping money into football, so why stop them?

The problem is those clubs that compete by bankrupting themselves, but at least the problem goes away. Or changes its name and starts again in the bottom division of the national league.
    EMP
    EMP

Number of posts : 7384
    Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
    Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,

Post by EMP Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:11 pm

110% wrote:I agree with Fey. Those billionaires are pumping money into football, so why stop them?

The problem is those clubs that compete by bankrupting themselves, but at least the problem goes away. Or changes its name and starts again in the bottom division of the national league.

Except that the banks that loaned money to clubs like Valencia did it years ago and were utterly irresponsible themselves. Valencia's current owners have not only not been spending and borrowing iresponsibly; they have observed FFP before it came in and have paid off a large amount of the debt. Of course they should be punished for doing that. That will really encourage fiscal responsibility in football won't it?

Stop blaming us for getting Koeman, Fey. You chose to hire him. By the way what about fiscal responsibility on putas like him who spend irresponsibly. Let's surcharge that idiot for the mess he made in Valencia and others too shall we? By the way rich owners should be allowed to spend their money if they write it off as a donation to the club, which it pretty well is anyway.
    EMP
    EMP

Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,

Post by EMP Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:05 pm

For the record Valencia complies with Spanish law. It has paid off a substantial amount of the debt of previous owners. Valencia did nothing that other clubs notably Barcelona and Real Madrid didn't do earlier, except the Communitat de valencia did not do for them what was done for Barcelona and Real Madrid. Both of those clubs received a bail out of sorts to pay off their debts from public funds as the local government and in Real's case national as well paid over real estate value for their training grounds. Amazing you want to punish Valencia for the sins of the past while ignoring that and the fact that Valencia complies with FFP before being obliged to. They are now a well run club that deserves to be encouraged and even praised for their efforts. Not that you would ever do so.

Last edited by EMP on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    EMP
    EMP

Post by EMP Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:32 pm

Fey wrote:FFP shouldnt be about such clubs. Private owners should be able spent what they want. It's their money innit!

For me it should be about the Valencia's of this world. Teams that keep on spending and loaning from bankrupt banks!

But perhaps it's changing already! Considering both la Liga and the Serie A have a positive transfer balance.

You are totally wrong about Valencia, Fey. They are complying with FFP and have been before it came in. Valencia has not bouhght big and taken extra loans for ages. Those days were under Soler, who by the way was the hijo de puta that hired Koeman and gave Maduro a Mediterranean vacation for years. It's astonishing that you completely ignore Koeman's role in the mismanagement of Valencia at that time. Valencia develops young players and tends to sell them, such as Alba for example. It is now a well run club although success will take a fair bit of time to come.

Here's a list of clubs that UEFA decided to look at over FFP. As you will see Valencia is not even on the list of clubs that had prize money withheld, let alone breach it. http://www.kickoff.com/news/30301/uefa-withhold-prize-money-over-financial-fair-play

Koeman deserved the sack at Valencia - he should never have been hired. He should have had more pride and footballing integrity than to simply be a hatchet man, even though he seems to be doing wonders for you. He is still hated in Valencia and Albelda will always be a legend at Valencia.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:41 am

Valencia is the example of what has gone wrong with Europe. Both the city and the club. But the SS( Spanish Spurs) are getting away with it, cause you Southern-Europeans are so feckin greasy you slip through every loophole.

We made mistakes as well, but paid for it, now risen from the ashes like a Phoenix from the flames, we are in a great state again. Financially healthy and our squad consists of homegrown players whom are worth millions already and silverware will only be a matter of time again. Valencia on the other hand, won't do it on their own, they keep waving their finger to every person who is responsible for the mess that they are in, except they wont point it at themselves. And this is exactly the reason why the entire EU is in such problems! There are too many Valencia's and too few Feyenoord's around, rebuilding is in our blood EMP. If we get a flood? We build a dam. We get bombed? We build a new city! Our club goes bankrupt? We create a new one from scratch! Receiving handouts is not in our blood, EMP.

In the end both methods will work I guess, but who can be prouder you think?

As for your digs on Koeman, sure he made mistakes in the past, I didnt like him either. But he was the one who won your last trophy. But he also said himself he made mistakes in the past, he is a much better coach now. And imagine the achievement it will be if he will win the league for us. He didnt only play for ajax, psv and Feyenoord, but also won the title as coach with all three of them then. Sure it might be a bit whorish, but an achievement nontheless.
    EMP
    EMP

Post by EMP Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:08 pm

Fey wrote: 1) Valencia is the example of what has gone wrong with Europe. Both the city and the club. But the SS( Spanish Spurs) are getting away with it, cause you Southern-Europeans are so feckin greasy you slip through every loophole.

2) We made mistakes as well, but paid for it, now risen from the ashes like a Phoenix from the flames, we are in a great state again. Financially healthy and our squad consists of homegrown players whom are worth millions already and silverware will only be a matter of time again.

3) Valencia on the other hand, won't do it on their own, they keep waving their finger to every pehttps://2img.net/i/fa/wysiwyg/text_italic.pngrson who is responsible for the mess that they are in, except they wont point it at themselves. And this is exactly the reason why the entire EU is in such problems!

4) There are too many Valencia's and too few Feyenoord's around, rebuilding is in our blood EMP. If we get a flood? We build a dam. We get bombed? We build a new city! Our club goes bankrupt? We create a new one from scratch! Receiving handouts is not in our blood, EMP.

5) In the end both methods will work I guess, but who can be prouder you think?

6) As for your digs on Koeman, sure he made mistakes in the past, I didnt like him either. But he was the one who won your last trophy. But he also said himself he made mistakes in the past, he is a much better coach now. And imagine the achievement it will be if he will win the league for us. He didnt only play for ajax, psv and Feyenoord, but also won the title as coach with all three of them then. Sure it might be a bit whorish, but an achievement nontheless.

1) Two Spanish clubs were included in that list. Neither was Valencia, because far from being an example of what is wrong, Valencia is an example of of a pretty well run club that has been complying with FFF before it was required. The city has rejuvenated itself too. It is a top tourist destination now. You obviousaly have an agenda against Valencia, but seem to forget conveniently that Feyenoord had serious debts in the 80s and that Real Madrid was saved by a dodgy real-estate deal previously and Manchester United is heavily in debt - not its fault, but it is. Funny your clubs get a free pass. I wonder why.

2)I don't know how many times you have to be told Valencia is doing that.

3) Wrong again. Valencia is not looking to be bailed out. They are finding their own solutions and living according to their means. I have interviewed a number of people at the club about this and got other pointers - one of which is a very big story.

4) Er that is what Valencia CF and the city are doing. How many times do you have to be told. Is it a Feyenoord supporters' trait to never let the truth get in the way of a thoroughly ill-informed rant?

5) We will, because when we emerge from this even you will have to acknowledge that we did it the hard way and according to you the right way, not the way that Barcelona to a lesser extent and far more so your beloved Madrid did. Funny how you exclude what Madrid did, which was dubious to put it mildly and your beloved Manchester United through the Glazers, which put that club in serious debt and was bailed out before the term became fashionable. How come not a word of criticism from you on them?

I said that if it was okay for Barcelona and Real Madrid, then it should have been done for Valencia too and I stand by that. I have been to Valencia and seen the cost-cutting at the club that they are implementing and everyone accepts it. You on the other hand spout ill-informed nonsense about how the club is run. Your criticism applies to how it was run under your beloved Koeman and his master Soler. Koeman took more than he was worth and was a hatchet man and therefore he will always be an hijo de puta in Valencia. We make no apology for calling him that; it is what he is or was at valencia. We have a right to detest the pair of them and do.

6) I don't dispute that Koeman has achieved a lot in the Netherlands. Nobody at Valencia cares about that or the Copa del Rey win with him as coach, which by the way was won in spite of him not because of him. He destroyed the team spirit in Valencia. He was Soler's whore and for that he won't ever be forgiven, but nor will Soler, who is largely responsible for the financial mess.

You don't have the slightest clue about Valencia. Please stop talking rubbish; it's getting annoying. I have looked into what is being done by the club; you have not and that extends to the city as well, both of which are working their way out of the problems created by others which they inherited. They deserve credit for that not the ill-informed nonsense that you are peddling on here.

Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:45 pm

@SkySportsNews
    Uefa offer Manchester City & PSG settlements for alleged breaches of financial fair play #SSN

This was worth the fuss. ok  Bribe us and we'll ignore that you spend too much money.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:35 pm

FFP is less about transfer fee balance, more about crazy wage bills and revenues. That graphic does not depict the right picture. Serie A clubs are in a far bigger mess to meet FFP than EPL clubs, for example.

Fey wrote:FFP shouldnt be about such clubs. Private owners should be able spent what they want. It's their money innit!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:34 pm