Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Super Progress
Pierre Littbarski
TheCrazy58
Luis
Isco Benny
Sheffield gunner
Fey
Allez les rouges
Netsanet
110%
debaser
Puro
Chris 23*
Antarion
Jaime
Kroos
bluenine
21 posters

Champions League draw

Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Champions League draw - Page 3 Empty Re: Champions League draw

Post by Puro Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:02 pm

I like van Persie, he's a decent player. Let's see how he does against a proper defense full of La Liga players.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:33 pm

Puro wrote:I like van Persie, he's a decent player. Let's see how he does against a proper defense full of La Liga players.

A draw will be the most United can get imo. If you look at the 3 teams in Europe with the best unbeaten home records, Porto(67x) Madrid(23x) and Feyenoord (22x) it is highly unlikely that United is gonna win there.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:53 pm

Fey wrote:
    Puro wrote:I like van Persie, he's a decent player. Let's see how he does against a proper defense full of La Liga players.

A draw will be the most United can get imo. If you look at the 3 teams in Europe with the best unbeaten home records, Porto(67x) Madrid(23x) and Feyenoord (22x) it is highly unlikely that United is gonna win there.
    Are you talking league or overall? And is it current?
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:04 pm

Super Mourinho wrote:
    Fey wrote:

Are you talking league or overall? And is it current?

League. And it's brandnew. In total there are 10 teams who havent lost a single homegame yet this season. Anderlecht, FC Anzhi, Atlético Madrid, Barcelona, Benfica, Dnjepr Dnjepropetrovsk, FC Porto, Real Madrid, Feyenoord en Shakhtar Donetsk.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:18 pm

Fey wrote:

Do you see Real Madrid winning, actually scoring the countless sitters Bilbao missed against Man Utd last year and thus a can of whoop ass Barça style on the club of the devil? 5-0?

Surely Mourinho watched those Bilbao's games and Bielsa running circles around Ferguson with a team that cost what Rooney earns in a month.

Can Real Madrid step up to the plate and whoop Man Utd's ass just like Barça do?

Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:51 pm

Puro wrote:
    Fey wrote:

Do you see Real Madrid winning, actually scoring the countless sitters Bilbao missed against Man Utd last year and thus a can of whoop ass Barça style on the club of the devil? 5-0?

Surely Mourinho watched those Bilbao's games and Bielsa running circles around Ferguson with a team that cost what Rooney earns in a month.

Can Real Madrid step up to the plate and whoop Man Utd's ass just like Barça do?

I can see Real winning, they hit form again at the right time it seems. But for the return all bets are off. And on paper they have the better squad, spend more etc. However that wont say everything, otherwise Spurs would have won some silverware by now considering the money the spend over the years.

This United is a lot better then last year though, besides that was in a cup competition United does not take serious. Add the fact that we have Cleverley and HSWHW now and over two legs I can see United advancing to the next round.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:59 pm

This year's version of the club of the devil is not better than last year's. Either the so called English league has gotten progressively weak or Bundesliga has gotten really strong and Serie A is coming back too.

Real Madrid shall utterly destroy the club of the devil just like Barcelona do. <Ale>
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:03 pm

As a general rule, I use the last seven seasons -for several reasons and also to predict the future- to gauge a team's strength relative to the other teams from different leagues. Winning the CL is the ultimate trophy in Europe at club level; winning the UEFA/Europa League cements a league's true strength-in-depth; and winning the Club World Cup is nirvana...at club level.

1. España (9 trophies won in last seven seasons)
    2. Italia (4.............)
    3. England (3..............)

Deutschland's time to show up!
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:03 pm

Puro wrote:As a general rule, I use the last seven seasons -for several reasons and also to predict the future- to gauge a team's strength relative to the other teams from different leagues.

In 3 of those 7 seasons the EPL had 3 teams in the CL semi-final. Must be a pretty strong league. Ale
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:02 am

S4P wrote:
    Puro wrote:As a general rule, I use the last seven seasons -for several reasons and also to predict the future- to gauge a team's strength relative to the other teams from different leagues.

In 3 of those 7 seasons the EPL had 3 teams in the CL semi-final. Must be a pretty strong league. Ale

Only THREE trophies to show for across the competitions mentioned. There's a lot of hype in that league! Don't you think? I don't expect you to understand, you subject of the queen. Biggrin <Ale>
    Cristiano
    Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
    Supports : Real Madrid
    Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
    Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:17 pm

Puro wrote:This year's version of the club of the devil is not better than last year's. Either the so called English league has gotten progressively weak or Bundesliga has gotten really strong and Serie A is coming back too.

Real Madrid shall utterly destroy the club of the devil just like Barcelona do. <Ale>

Puro's curse is now fully in motion. Cheers for that! Doh Laughing
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:57 pm

Each time Puro returns, I wonder if his input will have evolved at all from re-spinning the same old record that has been played over and over since 606 days in 2005.

It hasn't. Old men get stuck in their ways sadly, its why they're the ones sat alone at the bar loudly rattling off the same stories to anyone that will listen.

However, every good pub needs a rambling old man stuck in the past, so we are lucky to have him I guess Ale
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:34 pm

Disco Benny wrote:Each time Puro returns, I wonder if his input will have evolved at all from re-spinning the same old record that has been played over and over since 606 days in 2005.

It hasn't. Old men get stuck in their ways sadly, its why they're the ones sat alone at the bar loudly rattling off the same stories to anyone that will listen.

However, every good pub needs a rambling old man stuck in the past, so we are lucky to have him I guess Ale

The trophy count crushed you, didn't it!

3. England (3..............) lol! <Ale>
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:50 pm

Disco Benny wrote:Each time Puro returns, I wonder if his input will have evolved at all from re-spinning the same old record that has been played over and over since 606 days in 2005.

It used to be sort of funny but it has gotten tired plus English clubs aren't dominating everybody else like they used which has led to less bitterness among non-English posters(not to mention people like myself who have gone on to newer more important football battles). So the old friction just isn't there anymore.

Random Throwback:
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:58 pm

Puro wrote:

The trophy count crushed you, didn't it!

3. England (3..............) lol! <Ale>

Strange as it may seem to you, I don't really care about having the same repeated conversation about which league is the bestest.

Aside from hoping my local team Spurs do well, I like and follow certain teams based not on nationality, but whether I connect with their philosophy or situation.

This playground dick shaking and obsessing over nationalities is so 2005.

Dortmund or Juve to win this year hopefully Ale

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:04 pm