Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

CL and the other one on BT Sports

Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

CL and the other one on BT Sports Empty CL and the other one on BT Sports

Post by Kimbo Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:46 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2494774/BT-Sport-win-exclusive-Champions-League-deal-ahead-Sky-ITV-worth-1BILLION.html

I don't want BT Sport. Grr 
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

CL and the other one on BT Sports Empty Re: CL and the other one on BT Sports

Post by Murray Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:53 pm

BT have severely overpaid for that. £300 million a year is a lot of money when you can only watch 2 games a week.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:48 pm

Maybe, but it's about more than getting the rights, it's about killing sky.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:37 pm

Thing is...unless someone reduces how much we pay per month..I can't see many more taking on GT sport.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:01 pm

Will Michael Owen be commentating on it with Mark Halsey by his side? If so I think I'll stick to Sky.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:08 pm

Luis wrote:Will Michael Owen be commentating on it with Mark Halsey by his side? If so I think I'll stick to Sky.
    Well now that ITV don't have any club football Andy Townsend will have alot of free time. Maybe they will recruit him.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:16 pm

Sounds like sky won't have any cl football though doesn't it? Or have I misread it?
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:20 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:Sounds like sky won't have any cl football though doesn't it? Or have I misread it?
    Only BT will air CL and EL games, but some games will be free to air.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:55 pm

So yeah.. Luis doesn't even have the option of "just sticking with Sky"..
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Murray Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:18 pm

Kimbo wrote:Maybe, but it's about more than getting the rights, it's about killing sky.
    Yes it is, but they will kill themselves if they keep overbidding for stuff. See Setanta for example.
    The Chosen Glenn
    The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
    Registration date : 2012-03-22

Post by The Chosen Glenn Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:55 pm

Setanta didn't sell broadband. You get BT Sport just by taking one of their broadband packages. Most people have broadband these days so it's just a case of going through the admin of switching.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:23 pm