Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

WC kits

mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

WC kits Empty WC kits

Post by mongrel hawk Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:02 pm

Fifa's ruining the national teams traditional kits. Argentina, Germany and England with white shorts, Italy with blue shorts, Germany away kit is not green anymore, Portugal is all red now, Holland, that has possibly the most beautiful kit in the world (orange jersey, black shorts), are looking like fucking pumpkins in those ridiculous all-orange kits. Fortunately Uruguay and Brazil were preserved.

I've heard Fifa c**ts are trying to make all kits one-colour because it's supposedly better for HD TV.  scratch
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

WC kits Empty Re: WC kits

Post by Jaime Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:10 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:Fifa's ruining the national teams traditional kits. Argentina, Germany and England with white shorts, Italy with blue shorts, Germany away kit is not green anymore, Portugal is all red now, Holland, that has possibly the most beautiful kit in the world (orange jersey, black shorts), are looking like fucking pumpkins in those ridiculous all-orange kits. Fortunately Uruguay and Brazil were preserved.

I've heard Fifa c**ts are trying to make all kits one-colour because it's supposedly better for HD TV.  scratch

That's what I heard as well. And I agree, it's ridiculous.

WC kits Andres-Iniesta-of-Spain-runs-with-the-ball-during-an-international-fr1

vs.

WC kits Butragueno-1

It's the same with France too and their traditional blue-white-red combination.
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Murray Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:26 pm

Each team is supposed to have a light strip and a dark strip. I read somewhere that it was supposed to help referees in penalty incidents & stuff like that.

Or maybe it is because African peasants are watching on black & white Tv
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians

Post by mongrel hawk Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:10 pm

End of terraces, one-colour uniforms, no flags, no fireworks, no smoking.   No 
    110%

Number of posts : 8978
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by 110% Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:45 am

mongrel hawk wrote:Fifa's ruining the national teams traditional kits. Argentina, Germany and England with white shorts, Italy with blue shorts, Germany away kit is not green anymore, Portugal is all red now, Holland, that has possibly the most beautiful kit in the world (orange jersey, black shorts), are looking like fucking pumpkins in those ridiculous all-orange kits. Fortunately Uruguay and Brazil were preserved.

It seems pretty ridiculous that you go out and buy a fancy tv to enjoy all the vibrant colours, and then FIFA decide not to allow the different colours any more. I have to say though that maybe they should get rid of the green kits (e.g. of Nigeria). I remember that I couldn't see them very well against the green pitch on my HDTV.
    Antarion
    Antarion

Number of posts : 3382
    Supports : Germany, Bayern
    Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
    Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:53 am

Yeah now that its mentioned, I remember the light and dark tones FIFA wanted to see as home and away colors. No mixed up (White Shirt and black shorts...).

Its dumb. I want the traditional colors back. It worked without problems imo.

Best jerseys this tournament:
    Netherland blue, Argentina home, Uruguay home, France home.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:28 pm