Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Arnaud loves Catherine
christmasborocooper
Ä
Cesc Soler
Deano
blutgraetsche
Machiavel
mongrel hawk
12 posters

England - Brazil----------- May 1st

mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

England - Brazil----------- May 1st Empty England - Brazil----------- May 1st

Post by mongrel hawk Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:36 pm

confirmed. at wembley.

Last edited by on Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

England - Brazil----------- May 1st Empty Re: England - Brazil----------- May 1st

Post by Machiavel Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:36 pm

Before the 22nd August game with Germany ..
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

England - Brazil----------- May 1st Empty Re: England - Brazil----------- May 1st

Post by blutgraetsche Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:36 pm

Bugger.

Oh well, forget the friendly against us at Wembley then. Makes no sense whatsoever now.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deano Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:39 pm

Stupid...
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Cesc Soler Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:41 pm

So we complain about the players fitness throughout the season. Yet we are depriving our top players of more rest for a friendly that could easily wait a few months. Nice work FA.

Madness....
    Ä
    Ä

Number of posts : 11028
    Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:43 pm

so the official inauguration of Wembley is against Brazil now ?

makes far more sense

any half-decent team will beat England

even Spain or Holland

losing against Brazil never hurts emotionally though

against Germany the FA might as well have torn the building down, it would have been so tainted
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:45 pm

Dotter und Blitzen wrote:so the official inauguration of Wembley is against Brazil now ?

makes far more sense

even Spain or Holland

against Germany the FA might as well have torn the building down, it would have been so tainted

Otto...can you please stop being an idiot now....your WUM posts are no longer funny, they are just getting annoying because of how poor the wind up attempt is.

I would rather play against Germany than Spain/Holland...the simple reason is I don't think Germany would win in the first game at Wembley.

Doesn't matter now...you'll just have to go on the last meeting between the two sides....

Can you remind us Laugh
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:48 pm

Yep, that's it otto, as I wrote in another thread already.

But what's the point for us to play a friendly right before the season starts, if the result is absolutely meaningless? If this was the first international match of a senior team at the new Wembley, the thrill would have been to be the first team winning there (in the first match), since we were the last team that won in old Wembley already. But now?

Pointless match, a waste of time.
    Ä
    Ä

Number of posts : 11028
    Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:56 pm

DeanoTheEmo-WHUFC wrote: ...the simple reason is I don't think Germany would win in the first game at Wembley.

Doesn't matter now...you'll just have to go on the last meeting between the two sides....

Can you remind us Laugh

that's what should terrify you Englanders

there are still German survivors of the Munich Sept 2001 crash

these survivors have children

and their children

have children

and believe you me

when England play against Deutschland at Wembley in August, they play against THREE GENERATIONS of PISSED-OFF GERMANS

the lions won't know what's been hitting them

Brazilians are kind

Germans are kind as well

but it's the sort of HONEST kindness that tends to burn the open wound of English football

wahre Geschichte Wink
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:59 pm

Dotter und Blitzen wrote:

when England play against Deutschland at Wembley in August, they play against THREE GENERATIONS of PISSED-OFF GERMANS

Not to mention the Polish ones.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:01 pm

DeanoTheEmo-WHUFC wrote: ...the simple reason is I don't think Germany would win in the first game at Wembley.

Can you remind us Laugh

and their children

have children

and believe you me

Brazilians are kind

Germans are kind as well

but it's the sort of HONEST kindness that tends to burn the open wound of English football

wahre Geschichte Wink

That was just a small WUM comment back at you...I understand that would fire you up...BUT the way you go on about England is silly. Its a poor spell..players aren't performing...The manager has had a bad start, but you cant underrate the team. I'm not saying overrate like the media do or anything, but you cant label England as shit and think any game against us would be easy...

Perhaps it's just your German passion. Obviously for me it's harder having to concentrate on supporting two nations for the obvious reasons ok
    Arnaud loves Catherine
    Arnaud loves Catherine

Number of posts : 1071
    Supports : PSG
    Favourite Player : C.Ronaldo.Gerrard
    Registration date : 2007-03-25

Post by Arnaud loves Catherine Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:02 pm

DeanoTheEmo-WHUFC wrote:
    Dotter und Blitzen wrote:so the official inauguration of Wembley is against Brazil now ?

makes far more sense

even Spain or Holland

Otto...can you please stop being an idiot now....your WUM posts are no longer funny, they are just getting annoying because of how poor the wind up attempt is.

I would rather play against Germany than Spain/Holland...the simple reason is I don't think Germany would win in the first game at Wembley.

Can you remind us Laugh
    "I would rather play against Germany than Spain/Holland...the simple reason is I don't think Germany would win in the first game at Wembley"lol <Ale>

For the game England-Brazil i don't know.Why the hell the brazilians took this risk ? i mean they have nothing to win in that match.If they win everyone will say that's normal (or the minimun) and it could be a huge crisis if they "lose".This game make no sence to me <Ale>
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:04 pm

Arnaud is beautiful wrote:
    DeanoTheEmo-WHUFC wrote:

makes far more sense

even Spain or Holland

Can you remind us Laugh
    "I would rather play against Germany than Spain/Holland...the simple reason is I don't think Germany would win in the first game at Wembley"lol <Ale>

For the game England-Brazil i don't know.Why the hell the brazilians took this risk ? i mean they have nothing to win in that match.If they win everyone will say that's normal (or the minimun) and it could be a huge crisis if they "lose".This game make no sence to me <Ale>

Laugh Don't even get me started with France....so overrated and the worst thing is..you think you were the best team at the WC..and deserved to win it Laugh Doh

Germany>>>>>>>>>France ok
    Arnaud loves Catherine
    Arnaud loves Catherine

Post by Arnaud loves Catherine Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:05 pm

Can you remind us Laugh

and their children

have children

and believe you me

Brazilians are kind

Germans are kind as well

wahre Geschichte Wink
    LOL <Ale>
    Arnaud loves Catherine
    Arnaud loves Catherine

Post by Arnaud loves Catherine Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:09 pm

DeanoTheEmo-WHUFC wrote:
    Arnaud is beautiful wrote:
    DeanoTheEmo-WHUFC wrote:

makes far more sense

even Spain or Holland

Can you remind us Laugh

Laugh Don't even get me started with France....so overrated and the worst thing is..you think you were the best team at the WC..and deserved to win it Laugh Doh

Germany>>>>>>>>>France ok
    France-England since 1982:

1982 WC semi final-1984 EC winners-1986 WC semi final-1996 EC semi final-1998 WC winners-2000 EC winners-2001 confed cup winners-2003 confed cup winners-2006 WC final.

England:1990 semi final-1996 EC semi final

Oh dear...who is overated ?
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:11 pm

DeanoTheEmo-WHUFC wrote:
    Obviously for me it's harder having to concentrate on supporting two nations for the obvious reasons ok
    Consider my situation.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:11 pm

You won the Euro 2000 with a lucky last minute goal and on penalties in a match we(Italy) dominated...

The last time you played England it was a lucky win in which a last minute free kick and penalty was given..

Don't flatter yourself FFS...
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:12 pm

Dark Savant wrote:
    DeanoTheEmo-WHUFC wrote:
    Obviously for me it's harder having to concentrate on supporting two nations for the obvious reasons ok
    Consider my situation.

Is that England and Germany?? Laugh

At least mine is easier in the fact there isn't no real dislike/Rivalry between the two...

Oh and the only nation I actually hate is France....
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:13 pm

Yes.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:17 pm

Is that your girlfriend Savant?
    Brian2468

Number of posts : 4875

Post by Brian2468 Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:01 am

Playing Germany at the beginning of next season is perfect. Both teams will have been rested and looking forward to a new season.
    For Germany's sake if England do not get better in the next few months I see the same score that happened last time we met. At that time England needed to beat Germany and were going through a similar patch that is happening at present.
    I would rather England start playing attractive football with a definite improvement in attacking play. Losing to Germany in a friendly then would not concern me in the least....Smile

Brazil is an interesting fixture. If the talk by Terry, Gerrard and other England players holds any weight and they are going to give 100% like they do for there clubs games. This will give them the self esteem badly needed in building recognition for everyone involved in the national side.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:11 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/6545769.stm
    Brian2468

Number of posts : 4875

Post by Brian2468 Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:21 pm

I must be the only England fan that wants to see this game happen. It will be played in the same manner Brazil, or Argentina played the Confederations Cup in 2005 a friendly pace giving the creatve players a chance to shine.....
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:33 pm

it's an unpredictable game. both teams are trying to find their best formations yet.

and, since it's a game of 2 big teams, it won't be played like a friendly. I mean, Brazil won't play as they played against Ghana, and England won't play as if they were playing a friendly against Hungary or something like that.

Brian2468 wrote:I must be the only England fan that wants to see this game happen. It will be played in the same manner Brazil, or Argentina played the Confederations Cup in 2005 a friendly pace giving the creatve players a chance to shine.....
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:58 pm

It's going to be exciting.

Hopefully Owen is back for that game, fit and fresh.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:17 pm