Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Dortmund without van Marwijk = worst team in Die Bundesliga

Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Dortmund without van Marwijk = worst team in Die Bundesliga Empty Dortmund without van Marwijk = worst team in Die Bundesliga

Post by Axeslammer Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:47 pm

This is just too funny :

BVB zonder Van Marwijk slechtste in Duitsland

3/4/2007 15:15

Bert van Marwijk moest op 18 december weg bij Borussia Dortmund. Maar directeur Hans-Joachim Watzke zal met weemoed terugdenken aan de resultaten die BVB boekte onder de Nederlandse coach, nu zijn club onder de degradatiestreep is beland.

Van Marwijk was er als coach niet in geslaagd Borussia naar de top te brengen, al was dat een nagenoeg onmogelijke opgave gezien de beperkte financiële middelen van de club. Toch was Dortmund een vaste klant in het linkerrijtje onder de voormalige coach van Feyenoord en Fortuna Sittard.

De negende plaats waarop Borussia zich bevond bij het afscheid van Van Marwijk, is tien duels later ingeruild voor de zeventiende positie en de club lijkt af te stevenen op degradatie. Opvolger Jürgen Röber irriteerde zich zo aan het gedrag van enkele spelers dat hij vorige maand opstapte, en zíjn opvolger Thomas Doll heeft Dortmund nog niet kunnen laten winnen.

Technisch directeur Michael Zorc sprak afgelopen zaterdag zelfs van een Scheisse-mentaliteit en wees boos naar de ranglijst van 2007. Was Borussia Dortmund in 2006 met Van Marwijk nog een middenmoter, in 2007 zónder Van Marwijk pakte Dortmund de minste punten van alle clubs.

BORUSSIA MET BERT VAN MARWIJK (tot 18 december 2006)

STAND
    Team G W G V P V T
    Werder Bremen 17 11 3 3 36 47 - 22
    Schalke 04 17 11 3 3 36 29 - 17
    Bayern München 17 10 3 4 33 30 - 19
    VfB Stuttgart 17 9 5 3 32 28 - 19
    Hertha BSC 17 7 6 4 27 28 - 24
    Leverkusen 17 7 4 6 25 28 - 24
    Nürnberg 17 4 11 2 23 21 - 16
    Bielefeld 17 5 7 5 22 23 - 19
    Dortmund 17 5 7 5 22 21 - 21
    Eintr. Frankfurt 17 4 8 5 20 22 - 28
    Hannover 96 17 5 5 7 20 16 - 26
    VfL Wolfsburg 17 4 7 6 19 12 - 16
    Alemannia Aachen 17 5 4 8 19 28 - 33
    VfL Bochum 17 5 3 9 18 22 - 30
    Cottbus 17 4 5 8 17 18 - 24
    Bor. M'Gladbach 17 4 3 10 15 13 - 23
    Hamburger SV 17 1 10 6 13 16 - 22
    FSV Mainz 05 17 1 8 8 11 11 - 30

BORUSSIA ZONDER BERT VAN MARWIJK (vanaf 19 december 2006)

STAND
    Team G W G V P V T
    Hamburger SV 10 5 4 1 19 14 - 5
    FSV Mainz 05 10 6 1 3 19 13 - 10
    Nürnberg 10 5 3 2 18 17 - 9
    VfB Stuttgart 10 5 2 3 17 17 - 12
    Leverkusen 10 5 2 3 17 15 - 12
    Schalke 04 10 5 2 3 17 13 - 10
    Hannover 96 10 4 3 3 15 17 - 13
    Werder Bremen 10 4 3 3 15 14 - 11
    Cottbus 10 4 3 3 15 11 - 12
    Alemannia Aachen 10 4 2 4 14 14 - 15
    Bayern München 10 4 2 4 14 11 - 12
    VfL Wolfsburg 10 3 4 3 13 15 - 14
    VfL Bochum 10 3 3 4 12 10 - 12
    Eintr. Frankfurt 10 2 5 3 11 12 - 17
    Bor. M'Gladbach 10 2 4 4 10 9 - 10
    Bielefeld 10 2 1 7 7 9 - 17
    Dortmund 10 2 1 7 7 8 - 17
    Hertha BSC 10 2 1 7 7 9 - 20

What was the title of that thread the other day : most important quality of a manager ?

Being Dutch ! Laugh
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Dortmund without van Marwijk = worst team in Die Bundesliga Empty Re: Dortmund without van Marwijk = worst team in Die Bundesliga

Post by blutgraetsche Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:52 pm

I know you Dutchies are believing your own hype again, like you love to do. But to bring you back down to earth, when was the last time a Dutch coach won the Bundesliga?
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Dortmund without van Marwijk = worst team in Die Bundesliga Empty Re: Dortmund without van Marwijk = worst team in Die Bundesliga

Post by Ricardo Jol Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:53 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:I know you Dutchies are believing your own hype again, like you love to do. But to bring you back down to earth, when was the last time a Dutch coach won the Bundesliga II?

Stevens...?
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:55 pm

He didn't win the Bundesliga. He was the coach of that "famous" Schalke team that lost the title in the last minute of the last matchday.
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:02 pm

He won it with Koln didn't he...?
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:04 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:I know you Dutchies are believing your own hype again, like you love to do. But to bring you back down to earth, when was the last time a Dutch coach won the Bundesliga?

When have we ever sent a decent manager your way ?

We might send you some of our managers as foreign development aid, but just because *you* think they're good doesn't make them good for Dutch standards Wink

I know I should stop with the WUM's, but these are just too easy and too funny pig

I do want Dortmund to be relegated though, Van Marwijk is no special manager but he has been treated *horribly* by the Dortmund board.

They deserve to pay a price for that Twisted Evil
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:06 pm

Nope. He made his coaching licence in Köln, under Jörg Berger. So he basically became coach in Germany.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huub_Stevens

He never won the Bundesliga as a coach.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:25 pm

lol! OMG I knew Dortmund were dire without him but last!!!! This is amazing, being Dutch=succes in the Bundesliga!!

van Marwijk is a decent coach, he did some wrong things for us, but also won a European price!! Not many Feyenoord coaches can say that Laughing
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:27 pm

You know Dutchies, a wise coach once said that you should judge the work of a manager by the team he leaves behind when he retires / gets fired etc.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:27 pm

That makes Doll a double loser then Wink Being last with Dortmund AND HSV!!!
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:31 pm

You misunderstood it seems. Stevens took over HSV, a team that was coached by Doll prior to that. Despite his bad results, it was his team, since Stevens was not involved in the 'creation' of that team at all.

Doll took over Dortmund, the team that was created by Van Marwijk. He was not involved in the transfers etc., just like Stevens for HSV.

Conclusion:

Doll has left a good team, Van Marwijk a shit team. Very Happy
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:35 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:You misunderstood it seems. Stevens took over HSV, a team that was coached by Doll prior to that. Despite his bad results, it was his team, since Stevens was not involved in the 'creation' of that team at all.

Doll took over Dortmund, the team that was created by Van Marwijk. He was not involved in the transfers etc., just like Stevens for HSV.

Conclusion:

Doll has left a good team, Van Marwijk a shit team. Very Happy

Seems more like : apparently *all* Germans are thick tongue
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:35 pm

No, we are wise, you are just full of yourselves. Very Happy
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:36 pm

Hahah, great logic Blut!! Imagine if Adriaanse was coaching Werder!!! CL+League+Bokal!!!! Or what about van Gaal for die Mannschaft!!! I think you would have a couple of more stars on your shirt then Smile
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:38 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:No, we are wise, you are just full of yourselves. Very Happy

Of course, I bow to your and Doll's wisdom.

I wish we could ever produce a great manager like him....one can only wish.

Wouldn't it be great if he'd manage Werder after this season : he'd be sure to win the CL ok
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:38 pm

Adriaanse like he did for Porto? Very Happy My favourite Dutchie for sure, will never forget how he made the Diego transfer to Werder possible. Top bloke. ok

Van Gaal like he did in 2002 for Oranje? It was an official crime not to qualify for the WC with the talent he had at his proposal. Please... Very Happy
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:39 pm

I don't want a HSV guy anywhere near my club, not even as a greenkeeper, so no Axe, no Doll for Werder.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:39 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Adriaanse like he did for Porto? Very Happy My favourite Dutchie for sure, will never forget how he made the Diego transfer to Werder possible. Top bloke. ok

Van Gaal like he did in 2002 for Oranje? It was an official crime not to qualify for the WC with the talent he had at his proposal. Please... Very Happy

Both had teams on the pitch that were awesome to watch Very Happy

And if I'm not mistaken Co did win the title with Porto....
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Machiavel Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:40 pm

I guarantee if van Gaal is at Ajax next season

we could be 5 time European Champions ..
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:41 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:I don't want a HSV guy anywhere near my club, not even as a greenkeeper, so no Axe, no Doll for Werder.

He's a Dortmund guy, so no problem there.

And apparently he's one of the best German managers, so there can't be any objection now can there ? Razz
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:41 pm

Rai Krol wrote:I guarantee if van Gaal is at Ajax next season

I will mark your words.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:43 pm

Axeslammer wrote:
    He's a Dortmund guy, so no problem there.

And apparently he's one of the best German managers, so there can't be any objection now can there ? Razz

Just because Otto thinks he is, it doesn't mean it's true. Doll is anything but "one of Germany's best managers", hell he just made his license a few years ago. Otto is not Germany, I repeat, Otto is not Germany. Thanks.

P.S.: Once a HSV guy (he is one of their "legends" as a player also), always a HSV guy.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Machiavel Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:44 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
    Rai Krol wrote:I guarantee if van Gaal is at Ajax next season

I will mark your words.

It wont happen though .. hes staying put at AZ until 2010.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:52 pm

Netzer is a good coach cheers But I think it will be okay again for Deutschland in the near future, Immelmann-squadron has started to throw bombs again I heard. So I guess we are soon one country again Biggrin
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:55 pm

Netzer is (was) a great sporting director (did great for HSV in the early 80s, together with the legendary Ernst Happel), never worked as a coach AFAIK. He doesn't even have a licence I think.

Great pundit though, what would German punditry be without his 'constructive negativism'.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:17 am