Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Financial Fallout

Oleguerisntthatbad

Number of posts : 7180
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Financial Fallout Empty Financial Fallout

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:39 am

Anybody know how much that Liverpool/Arsenal/AC Milan etc. are expected to loose in revenue if they get knocked out?

Must be a severe impact on any late transfer plans.
    L r d

Financial Fallout Empty Re: Financial Fallout

Post by L r d Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:40 am

You get £12,000,000 from reaching the group stages I believe. So we'd miss out on that. I think.
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:42 am

TV revenue is also lost right? Plus merchandising due to the fact that the club is out of the public eye.
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:43 am

oleguer ffs arsenal are 3-0 up already, and are playing at home, the other 2 are away with a solitary goal lead and in liverpools case an away goal against, surely arsenal have v little to worry about
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by COTR Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:45 am

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:oleguer ffs arsenal are 3-0 up already, and are playing at home, the other 2 are away with a solitary goal lead and in liverpools case an away goal against, surely arsenal have v little to worry about
    i don't think he meant it so literally frank...

the main thing about winning tonight is maintaining optimism within the fans which as ole says will further add to merchandising, ticket sales etc etc etc
    L r d

Post by L r d Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:45 am

Oleguerisntthatbad wrote:TV revenue is also lost right? Plus merchandising due to the fact that the club is out of the public eye.

No idea about that to be honest. I don't really pay that much attention to it. We supposedly had £30,000,000 when we won it, but didn't manage to increase our summer transfer budget by any more than in previous seasons...Rolling Eyes

The biggest knock-on IMHO is the fact that players aren't too keen on signing for you, but we've already done our transfer business nicely and early, and all our key players are cup tied.
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:47 am

i think that 12m quid includes tv cos once it gets to the group stages the money is pooled and distributed betwee the leagues, ie the less teams from england in it the more money each of them get
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:48 am

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:oleguer ffs arsenal are 3-0 up already, and are playing at home, the other 2 are away with a solitary goal lead and in liverpools case an away goal against, surely arsenal have v little to worry about

Easy now Frank (hung over? Wink).. I don't expect any of them to get knocked out. I was just wondering how big an impact it would have. I would think that for a club like Barcelona it could mean the loss of something 20-30% of the revenues
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:55 am

oleguer sos i misinterpreted i thought you meant they all had realistic possibilities of going out. i doubt it would be 20-30% of all income thats a lot surely their income must be higher than that from tik sales, tv money, merchandising solely from the domestic league
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:00 pm

Well it is mostly CL games that actually fill the stadium, plus the tickets are more expensive than the average one.

But more importantly, unfortunately, the big clubs are global brands and if a they go out they loose a large part of their overseas audience. I don't think that the Serie A or Primera is shown regularly in Asia for instance. And the Premiership is not shown that much in L. America.

Out of sight... .out of mind.. for many of the fickle overseas fans. I don't think for a minute that a player like Ronaldinho would sell that many shirts if he wasn't on display in the CL.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:03 pm