Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+82
Murray
Ratty
Dwarf
Axeslammer
TheCrazy58
Matt_AFC
Hlebagone
A & K
Six
rosenthal
EM Seleção e Selecção
L r dd
gone
Aristoskank
Isco Benny
Di Caniooooo!
Riviera
Yef
stinger
The Bulk
Black Magic
Romford Pele
Roger Hunt
Glenarch of the Glen
Super Progress
110%
The-Frank-Tavern
debaser
Chocolate Thunder
Deluded F*ck™
Machiavel
Torrente
S4P
Batman
Brian2468
L.r.d
AsianBoy
The Easter Bunny
L r d hAsta LueGo
Pierre Littbarski
Zack
SuperMario
Rosy
Football Genius
Freddie Or Not
Lard
Calidad
LAL
Sgoater1
StevieG
shazlx
GR
golsud
Fey
Rez
DD
Ricardo Jol
blutgraetsche
Since 1888
Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U
Luis
COTR
TM
Peruvian Souljah
Jaime
Tweesus
Parks lives
Cesc Soler
DeLux
Rosicky
forza_rossi
Deano
Mexicanbecks
DS
Bashmachkin
robert
christmasborocooper
lrdsucksgoats
Sheffield gunner
Kimbo
Puro
fcb
86 posters

Newcastle United - 2009/10 Coca Cola Championship winners!

fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Newcastle United - 2009/10 Coca Cola Championship winners! Empty Newcastle United - 2009/10 Coca Cola Championship winners!

Post by fcb Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:05 pm

1-1 draw against Carlisle after a 91st min. equaliser by Solano.

And Owen has gone and pulled his thigh muscle (happened in training last week) and will be out for about a week Doh
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Newcastle United - 2009/10 Coca Cola Championship winners! Empty Re: Newcastle United - 2009/10 Coca Cola Championship winners!

Post by Puro Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:11 pm

My guess is that Fat Sam is playing Nobby as right midfielder. Maybe Fat Sam knows something about football after all. Good for him, good for Newcastle, and good for Kimbo too. <Ale> Biggrin
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Newcastle United - 2009/10 Coca Cola Championship winners! Empty Re: Newcastle United - 2009/10 Coca Cola Championship winners!

Post by Kimbo Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:17 pm

Pah, these friendlies are just fitness exercises, the result is irrelevant. Apparently we created alot of chances and were the better team, that's what counts. And with alot of youth out there, Kazenga etc got alot of time.

Fraid not Puro, Solano played at RB, where he belongs. Biggrin But don't worry, the fact that he pulled Bolton up from nowhere to the top 6 of the premiership tells me he knows about football.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:25 pm

Kimbo wrote:Pah, these friendlies are just fitness exercises, the result is irrelevant. Apparently we created alot of chances and were the better team, that's what counts. And with alot of youth out there, Kazenga etc got alot of time.

Fraid not Puro, Solano played at RB, where he belongs. Biggrin But don't worry, the fact that he pulled Bolton up from nowhere to the top 6 of the premiership tells me he knows about football.

At right back! Nobby's wasted there.

Great avatar by the way. I was cracking up when I first saw it. Biggrin <Ale>
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:29 pm

Puro wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:Pah, these friendlies are just fitness exercises, the result is irrelevant. Apparently we created alot of chances and were the better team, that's what counts. And with alot of youth out there, Kazenga etc got alot of time.

At right back! Nobby's wasted there.

Great avatar by the way. I was cracking up when I first saw it. Biggrin <Ale>

It's from Trigger Happy TV, one of the greatest shows ever. ok

He hasn't got the legs for right wing anymore, and we have Dyer, Milner, and Geremi that can play there. Maybe we'll see Solano play in midfield sometimes, i think he would work well in a 3 man midfield with a couple more athletic players with him(Barton and a new DM).
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Sheffield gunner Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:48 pm

Joey Barton has broken a metatarsal in his left foot and will miss the start of the new season. He is expected to be out for six weeks.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=478081&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=3&title=Magpies+confirm+Barton+blow
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Number of posts : 9523
    Supports : Decentralisation of the state
    Favourite Player : The lesser spotted Ronaldo
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by lrdsucksgoats Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:52 pm

The curse of the Newcastle training pitch strikes again...
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:53 pm

why do bad things happen to good people?
    robert
    robert

Number of posts : 5672
    Supports : Manchester United
    Favourite Player : Giggs
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by robert Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:13 am

Laughing That's just mean!
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:19 pm

borocooper wrote:why do bad things happen to good people?

lol!
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:10 pm

3 clubs interested in Dyer. Would be utterly stupid to sell him IMO, after he's just gotten fit.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:18 pm

kas wrote:3 clubs interested in Dyer. Would be utterly stupid to sell him IMO, after he's just gotten fit.

Can't see it happening, especially now Barton has got himself crocked. He would've been a player i would be looking to sell tbh*, but because we might be playing 4-3-3 Dyers versatility could come in very handy.

* http://europeanboard.ephpbb.com/European-Board-c2/Premiership-Board-f3/If-Allardyce-becomes-Newcastle-manager-t9057.htm
    Bashmachkin
    Bashmachkin

Number of posts : 2374
    Registration date : 2007-02-09

Post by Bashmachkin Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:43 pm

I thought Allardyces comments regarding Dyer - basically that he would like to keep him, but that Dyer has been at the club so long and has some really bad memories of his time here so may want a new challenge - were interesting. Personally, though Dyer has had some bad moments and the fans have occasionally got on his back, most of his worst moments have been of his own doing or simply down to injuries. And whilst hes lost of a lot of friends at the club over the years - the likes of Bellamy, Jenas and Bramble - I cant see him being desperate to leave.

Basically, I think Dyer more than anyone else at the club can, when on full form, add an edge to our team. Hes the only midfielder we actually have who has shown he can really drive from the centre, run with the ball and make intelligent runs of his own. Emre doesnt do that and isnt any more creative in his passing than Dyer, whilst N'Zogbias best peformances at least thus far have been from the left (though I do believe he could become a top central midfield player). The problem is that Dyer is injured too often, and only rarely plays his best. It often seems like he plays on occasion just to show he can, then once thats established or once he gets moved out of a favoured position he simply doesnt bother as much.

Still, because I havent heard us linked with anyone else who can do what he has the potential to, I wouldnt be happy selling him. It would leave our central midfield very weak, especially now Barton is injured too. Like Ive said before, I dont think Barton is creative enough to be partnered with a defensive player - Butt and Barton, or even Geremi and Barton, for me wouldnt work - so if Dyer went, a lot would depend on N'Zogbia and Emre. And so far its not clear that N'Zogbia will be a huge part of the team, or that he will be considered as a starting central midfielder, whilst on his performances since signing for us, Emre simply isnt capable of providing enough for the team.

In sum, I personally would be sad to see Dyer go. If it forced us to bring in some top class midfielder, somebody truly creative, then fine, but I dont see much evidence of that at the moment. I think its a risk to sell another player, especially one who is potentially one of our best, when we dont seem to be making great leaps of our own in the transfer market.
    Bashmachkin
    Bashmachkin

Number of posts : 2374
    Registration date : 2007-02-09

Post by Bashmachkin Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:01 pm

So Ive just been reading that Allardyce has praised N'Zogbias performance at left back in our friendly at Carlisle, suggesting N'Zogbia is the best left back the club has and should be happy playing there.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1077070,00.html

For a long time Ive thought that N'Zogbia should be the best left back we have, simply because hes left footed, and, whilst being an attacking player, has the strength and ability in the tackle to work defensively. But ultimately he isnt a defensive player, and Im completely against turning a player with clear attacking ability into one. Besides which is the fact that Duff is injured, and so N'Zogbia is the obvious replacement for him on the left wing.

We need to buy a proper left back, who can add to our forward play and support our left wingers but who can also read the game well and show some positional sense - especially since our defensive problems over the years have often come from the poor positioninal sense of the full backs, who isolate or drag our centre backs out of position. For me, Baines would still be a perfectly suitable option, and probably not too expensive, though I understand there are qualms about his height - I feel that, with Taylor and Rozehnal available at the back, our lack of height in midfield is more of a concern, and Id be disappointed if Baines went to Sunderland whilst we continue to wander on in our miserly fashion.
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:15 pm

LB? come on Sam.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:21 pm

I only want to see him play there in emergencies. Right now he probably is the best left back at the club, but that's saying nothing really. I want to see him play either wide left or as the attacking midfielder in a 3 man midfield. Apparently he's been a bit of a beast in the 2 friendlies, and tore Hartlepool to pieces, plus he apparently returned to training in great shape and has been putting the effort in. So maybe he has turned a corner. I'm sure he'll prove his doubters(the morons that judge players without actually watching them) wrong this season. <Ale>

It sucks about him having to pay Le Harve 400k compensation though, hopefully the club will foot the bill.
    Mexicanbecks
    Mexicanbecks

Number of posts : 3775
    Supports : Real Madrid
    Favourite Player : Zidane
    Registration date : 2006-11-16

Post by Mexicanbecks Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:53 am

at least he gets to play, how many appearances did he make last season?
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:50 pm

Ganamos Con Ramos wrote:at least he gets to play, how many appearances did he make last season?

Very few, but that was down to injury and him not getting on with Roeder, not his talent. IMO he is still the most creative player in our squad and we need to play him where he counts.
    Mexicanbecks
    Mexicanbecks

Number of posts : 3775
    Supports : Real Madrid
    Favourite Player : Zidane
    Registration date : 2006-11-16

Post by Mexicanbecks Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:02 pm

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=478686&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=3&title=Big+Sam:+Dyer+could+leave
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:06 pm

Friendly against Celtic today, apparently there are a lot of injuries though. Any idea of the starting lineup Kimbo?
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:13 pm

kas wrote:Friendly against Celtic today, apparently there are a lot of injuries though. Any idea of the starting lineup Kimbo?

No, but here's my guess...

----------------Harper------------------

Carr--Rozehanl--Ramage--The Zog

-----------------Butt--------------------

---------Solano---------Milner---------

---Martins------Carroll------Luque---

Bam
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:58 pm

Dicking the Jocks 3-0, 1 for Oba and 2 for LUQUE!
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:59 pm

Is Dyer playing or in the squad?
    forza_rossi
    forza_rossi

Number of posts : 2563

Post by forza_rossi Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:59 pm

You think Luque has a future at the club? . I think he'll do well under Alardyce as he has a proven track record with homesick or just sick foriegners.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:06 pm

forza_rossi wrote:You think Luque has a future at the club? . I think he'll do well under Alardyce as he has a proven track record with homesick or just sick foriegners.

Sam reckons he does. He'll probably do well, under Roeder and Souness there wasn't really a place for him as it was always 442, big man small man blah blah blah, but Allardyce likes the to play 4-3-3 and Luque made his name in that formation.

Freddie Ljungberg wrote:Is Dyer playing or in the squad?

Not in the squad, i expected him to be on the bench tbh. affraid If you do get him you better hope it's on nothing more than a 3 year deal, he's 28 now and with the wages he's on...

Strange really, people still talk about him as if he's a young prospect.
    forza_rossi
    forza_rossi

Number of posts : 2563

Post by forza_rossi Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:08 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    forza_rossi wrote:You think Luque has a future at the club? . I think he'll do well under Alardyce as he has a proven track record with homesick or just sick foriegners.

Sam reckons he does. He'll probably do well, under Roeder and Souness there wasn't really a place for him as it was always 442, big man small man blah blah blah, but Allardyce likes the to play 4-3-3 and Luque made his name in that formation.

Freddie Ljungberg wrote:Is Dyer playing or in the squad?

Not in the squad, i expected him to be on the bench tbh. affraid If you do get him you better hope it's on nothing more than a 3 year deal, he's 28 now and with the wages he's on...

Strange really, people still talk about him as if he's a young prospect.

I actually want Luque to do well as he was one of my favourite players in the Deportive side. He definitely has the technical ability. Lets see how it pans out for him. His debut wasnt that bad against us mind.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:22 pm

Great to see that Solano's delivering beautiful assists to both Martins and Luque. Nobby might just show Fat Sam that Luque can play provided the great Peruvian right winger plays in his natural position delivering all his balls to them forwards. <Ale>
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:25 pm

Puro wrote:Great to see that Solano's delivering beautiful assists to both Martins and Luque. Nobby might just show Fat Sam that Luque can play provided the great Peruvian right winger plays in his natural position delivering all his balls to them forwards. <Ale>

No mention of Milners assist Puro? Suspect

Nobby is playing centrally in a 3 man center midfield, i keep telling people he'll be quality there, but everyone seems to think a player needs to be pacey to play there. Erm
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:27 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    No mention of Milners assist Puro? Suspect

Nobby is playing centrally in a 3 man center midfield, i keep telling people he'll be quality there, but everyone seems to think a player needs to be pacey to play there. Erm

I didn't know Milner got the other assist. Good for him too! <Ale>

Oh FFS Edgar! Doh
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:57 pm

4-1

Milner got the last goal, with an assist from the Zogmeister! cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 10:10 am