Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U
Parks lives
Puro
blutgraetsche
Tweesus
BoBo Vieri 32
Deano
A & K
bluenine
13 posters

The Top 10 transfers in Serie A

bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

The Top 10 transfers in Serie A Empty The Top 10 transfers in Serie A

Post by bluenine Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:59 pm

Moves of the summer (channel4)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The clubs of Serie A have been busy wheeling and dealing this summer but, unlike Del Boy Trotter, which ones have been successful in the market? Serafino Ingardia picks his top 10 transfers

10. Vincenzo MONTELLA
    (Roma to Sampdoria, via Fulham)
    After eight years l’Aeroplanino flies back to Marassi, where he is still considered a legend. Having spent the second half of last season on loan at Fulham given the lack of room for him at Roma, he is back where he is wanted. Vincenzo is one of Serie A’s most prolific strikers having scored 137 times in Italy’s top flight, 54 of which were for the Blucerchiati. The 33-year-old will be a great addition to Walter Mazzarri’s squad and he will also have the opportunity to end his career with the team he loves.

9. JUAN
    (Bayer Leverkusen to Roma)
    This Brazilian stopper is exactly what Roma needed to replace Cristian Chivu. The 28-year-old has joined the Giallorossi from Bayer Leverkusen for a reasonable £4.5m. Juan, who was strongly linked with a move to Real Madrid, has stated that he cannot wait to start his new adventure at the Olimpico, but he may miss the start of the season due to a muscle strain.

8. Francesco TAVANO
    (Valencia to Livorno, via Roma)
    One of the most underrated talents of Italian football comes back to Serie A on a permanent basis with Livorno to once again fight for a place in La Nazionale. After a great season with Empoli two years ago, Ciccio joined Spanish side Valencia but didn’t settle in La Liga and his loan to Roma last term was just a temporary solution. The 25-year-old, who has been handed the No 10 jersey, will have all the time he needs in Tuscany to rediscover his sensational skills.

7. TIAGO
    (Lyon to Juventus)
    His £10m move from French champions Lyon was well received by Juventus fans. Despite a few disappointing performances in the summer friendlies, the ‘new Paulo Sousa’ is Ranieri’s first name on the team sheet, with international experience putting the Portuguese ace ahead of Sergio Almiron and Antonio Nocerino. The former Chelsea man, who was a reported target for Milan and Valencia, will play a key role in Juventus’ midfield as he tries to win his fourth League title in a row.

6. Fabrizio MICCOLI
    (Juventus to Palermo, via Benfica)
    The pint-sized ace has finally left Juventus to join an ambitious Palermo side. Alongside Amauri he could help form one of the most threatening attacking partnerships in Serie A. The 27-year-old was made available for transfer this summer and President Maurizio Zamparini didn’t miss the chance to sign him at a cheap £3.5m. After two impressive seasons in Portugal on loan at Benfica he will be eager to put in some spectaculars displays on his home turf too.

5. Alexandre PATO
    (Internacional to Milan)
    Milan’s main catch this summer is this Brazilian wonder kid, who was signed from Internacional for £10m. The Rossoneri are convinced that they have their hands on Kaka’s heir, but only time will tell if the talented 17-year-old has the qualities to be a top-class forward. Meanwhile, he will have to wait until January to make his debut in an official game for Milan due to Italian work laws.

4. Antonio CASSANO
    (Real Madrid to Sampdoria)
    Il Talentino makes his return to the peninsula after leaving Real Madrid following two disastrous seasons spent bench-warming at the Santiago Bernabeu. At Sampdoria, who paid £800,000 to secure his loan services, the Bari-born hitman will try to finally live up to the potential he showed with Roma. The skilful 25-year-old could be Serie A’s revelation of the season if he manages to control his hot temper and puts his abilities to good use.

3. Cristian CHIVU
    (Roma to Inter)
    The Romanian defender leaves the Italian capital to join the Nerazzurri after one of the most stressful and unpredictable transfer sagas of the summer. Roberto Mancini is already planning to use the former Ajax ace in several positions and his £9m move – which included Marco Andreolli heading to Rome – has been well accepted by the Inter squad. Chivu, who rejected offers from Barcelona and Real Madrid, has already set his sights on winning his first Scudetto and imposing himself on the Champions League.

2. Fabio QUAGLIARELLA
    (Sampdoria to Udinese)
    Probably Udinese’s best ever capture. Last season’s revelation was co-owned by the Bianconeri and Sampdoria, but with a £5m bid the Zebrette were able to sign the Naples-born striker. Quagliarella had a fantastic time at Marassi last term, scoring 13 goals in 35 appearances, and making his debut for La Nazionale. Playing in the Friulani’s trident attack alongside Totò Di Natale and Antonio Floro Flores, he should be able to raise his level even further.

1. David SUAZO
    (Cagliari to Inter)
    Milan President Silvio Berlusconi will regret missing out on this Honduran striker, who joined Inter in exchange for the services of Robert Acquafresca plus £6.5m. Suazo, who has already scored 44 Serie A goals, will form a skilful and unpredictable attacking partnership with Zlatan Ibrahimovic. It didn’t take long for the former Cagliari star to show his potential – two goals against Manchester United at Old Trafford were his first ‘present’ to the Nerazzurri faithful.
    bluenine
    bluenine

The Top 10 transfers in Serie A Empty Re: The Top 10 transfers in Serie A

Post by bluenine Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:07 pm

IMO Guily, Jankovic, Iaquinta, Andrade, & Lavezzi were good deals as well. My top ten would be:

1. Chivu
    2. Guily
    3. Quagliarella
    4. Miccoli
    5. Suazo
    6. Pato
    7. Lavezzi
    8. Jankovic
    9. Cassano
    10. Tavano / Tiago / Andrade / Juan / Iaquinta
    A & K

Number of posts : 3347
    Registration date : 2006-08-12

Post by A & K Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:35 pm

Tiago is a very good play. I'd place him much higher.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:57 pm

He is good, no doubt, but £10M was a bit high for him. He is no Paulo Sousa!!

Alive and Kicking wrote:Tiago is a very good play. I'd place him much higher.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deano Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:19 pm

I disagree that Chivu to Inter is the number one. Depends on what you go on.

A player who wanted to leave Roma...joins Inter.

Cassano to Samp is the number one IMO. Probably biased, but when you go on his ability to a team in The UEFA Cup...
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:22 pm

I might be a bit biased on the Chivu transfer, probably the Guily one was the best.

Cassano to Samp is great, but I ranked it at 9 only coz he comes with baggage.... it could easily blow up on your face, there are very few coaches who can manage him. Hopefully after his Real fiasco, he will be better behaved now.

Deano Ashton wrote:I disagree that Chivu to Inter is the number one. Depends on what you go on.

Cassano to Samp is the number one IMO. Probably biased, but when you go on his ability to a team in The UEFA Cup...
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:23 pm

Deano Ashton wrote:I disagree that Chivu to Inter is the number one. Depends on what you go on.

me too, trust B9 to put it as number 1!

I hate to say it but Roma bought very well, Giuly, Esposito and Juan are excellent buys, they just need another fullback to complete their summer.

Cassano is an excellent buy, im sure he will be back to his best and back on the NT hopefully Smile

Andrade also a very good buy.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deano Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:23 pm

bluenine wrote:I might be a bit biased on the Chivu transfer, probably the Guily one was the best.

Cassano to Samp is great, but I ranked it at 9 only coz he comes with baggage.... it could easily blow up on your face, there are very few coaches who can manage him. Hopefully after his Real fiasco, he will be better behaved now.

Mazzarri can IMO. He's a great manager...

Miccoli and Tavano are also 2 great ones.

Don't get me wrong though...Chivu to Inter is a top 3 transfer IMO.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:52 pm

Juan shouldn't be anywhere near the list. Roma lost Chivu and replace him with a horribly average player in Juan
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:57 pm

Tweedle wrote:Juan shouldn't be anywhere near the list. Roma lost Chivu and replace him with a horribly average player in Juan

You are clueless as f@ck when it comes to Bundesliga players Tweeds.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:12 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:Juan shouldn't be anywhere near the list. Roma lost Chivu and replace him with a horribly average player in Juan

so you think he's as good as Chivu?
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:15 pm

I think he is an excellent defender, and every Brazilian on here will agree, far from average. He is a definite starter for Brazil when fit, and has build a formidable partnership with Lucio in the central defence for Brazil. Ironically, Brazil have problems elsewhere these days, but not in the cetral defence, their traditional weak spot.

I won't do gay player to player comparisons.
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:21 pm

I rate Juan. It doesn't matter who coaches Brasil, the coach will bench "the other" central defender. Juan stays guaranteed. <Ale>
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:23 pm

I know a few Roma fans who believe that he will form a better partnership with Mexes than Chivu did... Chivu & Mexes were a bit similar in their style of play, so I guess this was a bit of strategic call... Spalletti is usually good in recognising what works, so I'll give him some benefit of doubt there... if they get Cicinho, their squad will be complete.

Juan would make the top 10 transfer list IMO, but only just about.

Tweedle wrote:
    blutgraetsche wrote:

so you think he's as good as Chivu?
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:47 pm

I'd say Juan is a good buy because he is a good replacement for Chivu and they got him for half the price.

Chivu is only slightly better than Juan IMO, but Roma got the added benefit of a better partner for Chivu and money to spend on other parts of the squad.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:49 pm

Plus half of Andreolli, who could become a great defender.

BoBo Vieri wrote:I'd say Juan is a good buy because he is a good replacement for Chivu and they got him for half the price.

Chivu is only slightly better than Juan IMO, but Roma got the added benefit of a better partner for Chivu and money to spend on other parts of the squad.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:56 pm

bluenine wrote:Plus half of Andreolli, who could become a great defender.

BoBo Vieri wrote:I'd say Juan is a good buy because he is a good replacement for Chivu and they got him for half the price.

yep they have good cover at CB now, Juan and Mexes to start with Ferrari and Andreolli as backups. Surprising though, i thought they wouldve preferred to get Samuel instead of Andreolli though i guess Spalletti doesnt like that type of defender.

They also have Kuffour aswell Razz
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:02 pm

Better hope Juan and Mexes don't get injured if Andreolli is back up. Yikes
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:05 pm

Parks lives wrote:Better hope Juan and Mexes don't get injured if Andreolli is back up. Yikes

better than Silvestre or O'Shea Razz
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:09 pm

Judging a player by watching him play once or twice, are we?? Doh

Andreolli had shown good composure in CL, Serie A and Coppa for Inter... he is a good prospect... infact I would ve prefered if we had given them samuel instead...

Parks lives wrote:Better hope Juan and Mexes don't get injured if Andreolli is back up. Yikes
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:12 pm

Three games I watched & he was pub standard in all of them.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:15 pm

Parks lives wrote:Three games I watched & he was pub standard in all of them.

Kind of sums you up Parky
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:16 pm

BoBo Vieri wrote:

How so?

So if a player plays awfully in 3 games, terribly in fact it's not enough games to make a judgement?
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:22 pm

Parks lives wrote:
    BoBo Vieri wrote:

How so?

So if a player plays awfully in 3 games, terribly in fact it's not enough games to make a judgement?

judging players on a few games

By your logic one could say C. Ronaldo is Cr@p since he played so Cr@p in those 2 Milan games.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:25 pm

Ronaldo was at least average in both games.....
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:30 pm

I think I have seen the likes of Nesta, Cannavaro, and Chivu have more than 3 terrible games.... if he becomes even near their level, it will be worth it.

Andreolli is 22, has shown tremendous promise, so hold your judgement till you seem him play a season. I wish Inter had loaned him to Cagliari, he would have got some experience there.

Parks lives wrote:
    BoBo Vieri wrote:

How so?

BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:23 pm

Parks lives wrote:Ronaldo was at least average in both games.....

No he wasnt

unless constantly giving the ball away constitutes an average performance
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:40 pm

BoBo Vieri wrote:

No he wasnt

He was very poor away from home.

Andreolli wasn't playing Milan in a CL semi final though, was he Razz
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:30 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    BoBo Vieri wrote:

No he wasnt

Really? No $h!t Tweedle! Doh

He was Cr@p at home aswell, he never passed the ball and kept running into Ambrosini or Jankulovski.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:56 pm

BoBo Vieri wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:
    BoBo Vieri wrote:

No he wasnt

Really? No $h!t Tweedle! Doh

He was Cr@p at home aswell, he never passed the ball and kept running into Ambrosini or Jankulovski.

He did score though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:54 pm