Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Serie A 2006/07 Transfers, Rumours, General news etc.

Pirlo
    Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
    Supports : AC Milan
    Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Serie A 2006/07 Transfers, Rumours, General news etc. Empty Serie A 2006/07 Transfers, Rumours, General news etc.

Post by Pirlo Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:26 am

We need new faces, says Panucci

Christian Panucci has warned Roma that they need to buy this summer in order to compete with Inter and Milan in the Scudetto chase.

The 33-year-old agrees with captain Francesco Totti and believes Roma must make a couple of high profile signings if they are to be title contenders in 2006-07.

“In my opinion Inter are in a better position than Roma, at least for the time being,” said Panucci in an interview with Sky Italia.

“I also think that Milan are now stronger than we are despite the fact that they will start with an eight-point deduction, which is severe,” added the former Real Madrid man.

Panucci is hoping that his Giallorossi side will fight until the end for the top positions in Serie A, but does not hide the fact that they are still missing a few men in key areas.

“As a player, I hope that the team will grow stronger and stronger and challenge for honours in the next campaign,” he added.

“The truth is that we are growing, but I do hope that the club will follow our Coach’s suggestions and will use the time left for summer transfers to find what we need.”

Panucci’s words come just a week after a similar statement from Totti who is thought to have angered chief Rosella Sensi with his requests for reinforcements.

“We need a few top level purchases,” the No 10 told the Corriere dello Sport newspaper.

“The team requires new faces as it’s going to be an intense season with the Serie A and the Champions League.”

Boss Luciano Spalletti is looking to strengthen his midfield options and has submitted a list of players he believes would do the job, including Inter’s David Pizarro and Alou Diarra of Lens.

Roma will make their official debut on August 26 in the Italian Super Cup Final against the 2006 Italian champions Inter.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matarrese promises Lega reform

Newly elected Football League President Antonio Matarrese has promised he will work towards a radical reform of Italian football.

Matarrese is convinced his election, which was confirmed last night, represents a change in the game’s recent history and is ready to face the challenge ahead.

“Starting from today things will change, this is the beginning of a new Lega,” said the 66-year-old official.

“The smaller clubs will no longer be devoured by the major ones, now everyone will be called to decide and there will have to be more mutual respect.”

Matarrese will remain in charge until the new regulations are finally approved, but insists that he will stay at the helm for as long as necessary.

With regard to FIGC commissioner Guido Rossi, Matarrese is ready to co-operate even if he did have a few harsh comments.

“Rossi was lucky to win the World Cup, but now he has to start doing his job,” added the former FIGC chief.

“The clubs and their Presidents were totally ignored after Berlin’s victory and this is wrong,” added Matarrese.

“I believe the Federation should have given a helping hand to all Presidents, also those involved in the Calciopoli scandal. After all, they are the ones who pay the World Cup winners all year long.

“We will co-operate with the FIGC, but we want to discuss things with them and not only submit our new regulations for their approval."

Different reactions followed Matarrese’s election on Monday.

Palermo chief Maurizio Zamparini was visibly satisfied with the result and said the League had chosen the right man to cover the position.

However, Massimo Cellino has acted with frustration to the appointment of a man who had already led the association in the 1980s.

“It’s a step backwards towards the Stone Age,” said the Cagliari owner, who temporarily replaced former Lega head Adriano Galliani after his resignation on June 22.

“Somebody thought that being forced into administration would be a sign of weakness, but I don’t think Matarrese represents our strength.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus reject Ibra offer

Juventus have declined an Inter offer they deemed as too low for unhappy striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, reports insist.

The Via Durini outfit allegedly made a £15m bid on Tuesday evening, but the Old Lady told the Nerazzurri to dig a little deeper.

Juve President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli said on Tuesday that he still hoped to keep the Swede at the club, but did not exclude the possibility of a transfer.

“If Ibrahimovic does leave, then he will go to the club that pay us best,” he warned at the Lega Calcio meeting in Milan.

The 24-year-old, who landed in Turin from Ajax in 2004 for £11.5m, has expressed his desire to leave Juventus following their demotion in Serie B.

Ibrahimovic has also been linked to Milan, who are reported to be willing to offer up to £17.8m even if the Old Lady hope of netting something around £20m.

Inter are now back in the Ibra race after Luca Toni, their primary transfer target, confirmed on Tuesday his desire to stay with Fiorentina.

A new meeting between Ibra’s agent Mino Raiola and Milan is planned for Thursday, the day after the first leg of the Champions League preliminary match against Red Star Belgrade, the result of which may affect further developments in the negotiation.

In the meantime, Juventus officials are scheduled to meet David Trezeguet’s agent on Thursday and are expected to offer an improvement to the French international’s contract in order to persuade him to stay in Turin.

Juventus have also maintained that goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon and Mauro Camoranesi will not leave the fallen Italian giants.

Utd prepare £42m Adriano bid

Manchester United will reportedly make Inter an impressive offer for star striker Adriano at some stage this week.

The Premiership club need to replace Ruud Van Nistelrooy after his departure to Real Madrid and have set their sights on the Brazilian international, but the proposed swoop is set to be problematic.

United officials are expected in Milan in order to understand whether an agreement can be reached with the Via Durini outfit, who earlier this summer insisted that the Emperor is untransferable.

Whispers suggest that the Old Trafford outfit are supposedly ready to offer a massive £42m for the 24-year-old, a bid that may tempt owner Massimo Moratti to consider his options.

Nevertheless, the chances of a sale look slim now that prime target Luca Toni has snubbed a move to Milan in favour of staying in Florence.

The Nerazzurri also strengthened their attack by signing Hernan Crespo on Monday and still hope to net Zlatan Ibrahimovic from Juventus even if rivals Milan are also keen.

With Obafemi Martins set to move on, with Liverpool and Newcastle interested, further departures from Inter seem highly improbable.

Especially as Coach Roberto Mancini has reiterated that he needs at least five forwards at his disposal for this season.

Adriano has spent the last two seasons at Inter following his switch from Parma back in January 2004.

Although he has scored 38 goals for the San Siro giants, the international has struggled for fitness and form over the last 12 months.
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Serie A 2006/07 Transfers, Rumours, General news etc. Empty Re: Serie A 2006/07 Transfers, Rumours, General news etc.

Post by Pirlo Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:00 pm

Toro chase Valencia duo

Torino’s summer spending has not come to an end with President Urbano Cairo lining up a swoop for the Valencia pair of Fabian Ayala and Stefano Fiore.

After signing world champion Simone Barone to strengthen the Granata midfield, Cairo now hopes to bring the Spanish based pair into his ambitious club.

Defender Ayala has informed the Spanish side that he does not intend to renew his contract which expires in 2007 and, after a six-year spell, would favour a return to Italy where he played for Napoli and Milan between 1995 and 2000.

The 33-year old Argentine informed Valencia’s sporting director Amedeo Carboni of his intentions and the latter has expressed the club’s availability to lower their financial requests in order to facilitate the player’s departure.

Cairo may decide to make an offer for both Ayala and Fiore, who is valued at around £2.5m, in the hope of convincing the Liga outfit to agree to an overall lower price.

Fiore [pictured] is available for transfer after Fiorentina surprisingly opted to not make last season’s loan move into a permanent one this summer.

Torino have also signed goalkeeper Christian Abbiati, defenders Gabriele Cioffi, Ivan Franceschini and Giuseppe Pancaro and midfielder Diego De Ascentis in an attempt to reinforce their newly promoted side.

Coach Gianni De Biasi has also expressed his interest in Inter striker Julio Cruz, whose future with the Nerazzurri may be jeopardised by Hernan Crespo's arrival at San Siro.

Cairo is a good friend of Inter patron Massimo Moratti which may prove to be a decisive factor in his attempt to land the South American.

However, it is understood that Inter Coach Roberto Mancini is keen for the 2006 World Cup player to remain at his disposal.

NEWCASTLE CHASE OBAGOL

Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder has confirmed his interest in Internazionale striker Obafemi Martins.

The 21-year-old's future has been plunged into doubt by Hernan Crespo's arrival at the San Siro, and he could now be set for a switch elsewhere.

Premiership duo Portsmouth and Tottenham, as well as Spanish side Valencia, have also been linked with a move for Martins, but The Magpies appear especially keen to capture the Nigerian.

With Michael Owen sidelined through injury and Alan Shearer recently retired, Roeder has made no secret of his desire to bring in a big-name forward.

He is still hoping to revive a move for Dutch hit-man Dirk Kuyt, and is also considering a £4 million swoop for Martins.

"Martins is a very good player. He is very, very quick and strong," Roeder praised.

"I don't like talking about other clubs' players but he is another one who has been mentioned, along with Dirk Kuyt.

"I don't see any reason not to continue looking at possibilities for both those players. But I'm sure both players won't arrive."

Martins' agent Patrick Bastianelle has claimed that several offers have come in for his player, but stressed that nothing has been decided as yet.

"Martins has offers from Newcastle, Tottenham, Portsmouth and Valencia," he said.

"He is very loyal to the president of the club but if another attacker comes after Crespo then he will talk to Inter, even if he is not on the market."

Roeder also admitted that he would be looking into other areas of his squad other than attack, fuelling rumours that he would be trying to sign defender Wayne Bridge from Chelsea.

"Time appears to be running out but there is still enough time to get the players in I want to and it won't just be strikers we are after," he commented.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Serie A 2006/07 Transfers, Rumours, General news etc. Empty Re: Serie A 2006/07 Transfers, Rumours, General news etc.

Post by Deano Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:04 pm

pirlo i take it you are in italy at the moment? as im not over there til the 26th could you let me know if there is any news on vieri. cheers.
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:07 pm

italian_hammer(DEANO!) wrote:pirlo i take it you are in italy at the moment? as im not over there til the 26th could you let me know if there is any news on vieri. cheers.

The lastest news is that Veiri seems to have indicated with a passing comment he will honour his contract with Sampdoria, i will have a look and see if i can find the piece for you.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:08 pm

ah right thats good news.
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:52 pm

New Palermo please Guidolin

Palermo boss Francesco Guidolin is happy with his side’s new season preparations after beating Lecce 3-0 in a friendly at Enemonzo on Tuesday.

The Rosanero Coach was left impressed by his team’s performance against Zdenek Zeman’s side after Andrea Caracciolo, Fabio Simplicio and Giuseppe Biava all found the net.

“It was a good test as we played against a side that made us sweat,” said Guidolin, who chose to field five midfielders in both halves, with a supporting striker playing behind a centre-forward.

“I am satisfied with the result, both sides I sent on the pitch proved to be balanced and allowed us not to take any risks.”

The tactician decided to use his international players for an entire half and was satisfied with their response.

“I was unsure whether to play them only for a small part of the game, but in the end decided to launch them straight away and I think they did very well,” he noted.

“Aimo Diana has fully recovered from injury and Mark Bresciano also did well, proving to be very flexible.”

New boy Simplicio was also pleased with his performance and hopes the team will continue to progress.

“I think we played a good match, I’m not on top form yet but I think I did well,” said the former Parma player, who landed in Palermo in June.

“I am getting along well with my new teammates and my position on the pitch allows me to frequently move forward towards our opponents’ goal.”

The Rosanero are scheduled to resume training at their Imponzo training base on Wednesday afternoon.
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:41 pm

DONKEY to LYON?

Agente Camoranesi: 'La Juve ha fatto dietrofront. Mauro potrebbe andare al Lione'

17:01 del 09 agosto

"Dopo la fine del Mondiale, abbiamo ricevuto offerte da Lione e Valencia. I contatti più avviati sono con il club francese". Lo ha detto Sergio Fortunato, procuratore dello juventino Mauro German Camoranesi, che a RadioRadio ha citato anche la posizione della dirigenza bianconera. "Prima mi hanno detto di parlare con il Lione, con cui abbiamo raggiunto un'intesa. Poi, però, la Juventus ha deciso di chiudere le porte a future cessioni - ha aggiunto Fortunato -. Siamo un po' perplessi, certo è che Camoranesi rientrerà giovedì per parlare con la dirigenza sul da farsi. Lui non capisce perché l'allenatore e sei giocatori sono andati via, mentre lui dovrebbe rimetterci. E' un campione del mondo, non è giusto che giochi in serie B. L'ipotesi Roma? Non ne sappiamo nulla".

affraid

Why would Lyon want HIM? Yikes
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:49 pm

Cassano: We'll win with Capello

Antonio Cassano claims he will return to his old self after hooking up with Coach Fabio Capello again at Real Madrid.

The Bari-born starlet has often struggled with his disciplinary record and found himself frozen out by tacticians at club and Under-21 level, but never hidden his admiration for Capello, who got the best form out of him at Roma.

“Now there is a person here who has a lot of faith in me,” the Italian told their official website. “This doesn’t mean I’ll automatically be a first team choice, but just that I am happy because he thinks highly of me.”

Cassano moved to Spain for just £5m in January, but has barely appeared at the Bernabeu and has been insulted by the local Press for his weight gain.

“When I first arrived in January, I wasn’t in great shape physically. It was also an introduction to a different type of football and a club that doesn’t work in the same way as Roma, so I struggled to settle in.”

Still only 24 years old, his personality clashes, contract dispute with the Giallorossi and poor form saw him drop off the Azzurri radar, missing out on the World Cup victory. However, he hopes to impress with Real so that he can earn his place in Roberto Donadoni’s new squad.

“This year Real can win some silverware. I say this because I can see a very united team. That’s thanks to Capello, because he’s the best Coach in the world, has a strong personality and passes that down to the players. With him we feel certain we can win when there are players of quality who are willing to make sacrifices.”
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:09 pm

Kovac makes Juve pledge

Robert Kovac has pledged to continue playing for Juventus in Serie B, while Ruben Olivera officially joins Sampdoria.

“I spoke with director of sport Alessio Secco and decided to stay, whether it’s in B or A,” announced the Croat defender.

Many of the Turin giants have already walked out or are threatening to do so, such as Fabio Cannavaro, Lilian Thuram, Gianluca Zambrotta, Emerson, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Mauro Camoranesi.

This evening another player left Juve, as Uruguayan midfielder Olivera was handed to Sampdoria on a loan deal with an option to buy half his contract at the end of the season, announced the Genoa club.

“I am happy here in a great squad and it’s good to work with Didier Deschamps. Of course, the atmosphere is a tough one at the moment, as we saw a Scudetto that we earned on the field taken away, but I am sure we’ll soon get back into Serie A and then Europe,” continued Kovac.

The Calciopoli trial saw the Bianconeri demoted, stripped of the last two Scudetto titles and ordered to begin the new season with a 17-point handicap.

“It’s sad to see the other sides beginning the Champions League this week, as it is the biggest club stage in Europe, but now we have to give our best to begin again and make up for the lost ground. It’s a heavy penalty, but before the appeal they were 30 points and with the next court hearing that handicap could be halved again.”

The experienced 32-year-old only joined Juventus from Bayern Munich last summer and was mainly used as an understudy to Cannavaro and Thuram, notching up one goal in 18 Serie A appearances. Now he must prepare for a very different type of football in Serie B.

“We will face more aggressive and physically strong sides, but I want to give my contribution. It’s a great motivation to be a first choice player, as last year I learned a lot and hope to improve even more.”

In other transfer news, Serie B outfit Treviso have surprisingly snapped up Alessandro Moro from Udinese on a loan deal with an option to buy half his contract at the end of the season.
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:11 pm

Cam agent slams Juventus

Mauro Camoranesi’s agent has hit out at Juventus after the club told him to negotiate a transfer to Lyon before blocking the move.

“After the World Cup, we had offers from Valencia and Lyon,” Sergio Fortunato told the Radio Radio network.

“As a result I went to Turin to speak with [Roberto] Bettega and the other officials. They told me to go and talk to Lyon which is what I did.

“I also agreed terms for a transfer until Juventus decided to close the doors to players who wanted to leave.”

The Turin giants declared Camoranesi, and his other colleagues, as untouchable after they had sold Lilian Thuram, Gianluca Zambrotta, Fabio Cannavaro and Emerson.

“We were a little perplexed because they [Juventus] sent me all the way to Lyon,” added the representative.

“Camoranesi has no motivation or desire to go and play in Serie B. He is a world champion and it is not right that he should play in the second tier.

“Once he returns from vacation then he will speak to the club and a decision on what to do next will be made.”

The Argentine-born Italian World Cup winner has been linked with Roma recently, a move which surprises Fortunato.

“I know nothing about that option,” he added. “The time has now arrived for everything to be made clear.

“The fact that Juventus are in B is not down to us. The club have already let a Coach and six players go, but then shut the door for the others. Why?”
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:13 pm

Napoli to net Dalla Bona

Milan owned midfielder Samuele Dalla Bona is on the verge of joining Serie B giants Napoli, his agent has stated.

“We’re on the last lap of negotiations,” Claudio Pasquali told Radio Kiss Kiss as rumours of a move gathered pace.

“There is a desire from all parties to close these talks by the end of this week,” added the representative.

“The prospect of moving down to the Second Division? Serie B will be very competitive this season, it will almost become a Serie A2.”

Napoli will be gunning for promotion along with demoted Juventus, newly promoted Genoa and Bologna in 2006-07.

Dalla Bona is understood to be keen on a switch after failing to really settle in Italian football following his move from Chelsea in 2002.

He joined Milan back then but has been subsequently loaned out to the likes of Bologna, Lecce and Sampdoria in recent seasons.

Dalla Bona, born in 1981, is currently training with the Rossoneri who last night beat Red Star Belgrade 1-0 in the Champions League.

Juventus line up Felipe

Dias Felipe will swap his Udinese black and white striped shirt for the one of Juventus, it is being suggested on Thursday.

The Brazilian defender has been paired with the Old Lady in recent weeks and a deal is on the verge of being agreed.

It’s understood that Udinese will release the stopper for £4.2m and the co-ownership of two players.

The Stadio Friuli side, who value their defender at just under £7m, have accepted to receive Raffaele Palladino and Andrea Masiello as part of the move.

Felipe is just 22-years-old and was heavily linked with a move to Milan last summer, but no transfer was ever completed.

Juventus have made a move for the player as they look to reconstruct a rearguard which has been devastated by the Calciopoli sales.

Lilian Thuram and Gianluca Zambrotta have joined Barcelona, while Fabio Cannavaro has joined them in Spain with Real Madrid.

Juve also turned to Felipe after they encountered problems in their proposed swoop for Monaco’s Gael Givet.

Lazio close to Jimenez

Ternana starlet Luis Antonio Jimenez could be just hours away from joining Serie A giants Lazio, his agent has stated.

The Chilean playmaker has been associated with the capital side in the past few weeks and talks are at an advanced stage.

“Lazio are very determined in their efforts to sign Jimenez,” Rocco Dozzini told the GRT agency. “The player himself is waiting impatiently for everything to be resolved.”

The South American is available for transfer after his club were relegated to Serie C and Fiorentina, where he spent last season on loan, failed to take up their option to sign him outright.

“I think that everything could be wrapped up pretty soon because there is just a little difference in what Lazio are offering and Ternana’s valuation,” concluded Dozzini.

Jimenez was being associated with a switch to scandal-hit Juventus following their demotion to the Second Division, but he wasn't so keen on joining the Old Lady.

“I’ve read about their interest in me, but playing in Serie B again would be a step backwards in my career,” he said earlier this month.

The creative attacking midfielder has also been paired with Inter, Palermo, Atletico Madrid, Osasuna, Monaco and Portsmouth
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:32 pm

FATY TO JUVE?

Rennes defender Jacques Faty has confirmed that he is a target for Juventus.

The Serie B side are keen to reshape their squad under new boss Didier Deschamps and the Frenchman knows all about the central defender's capabilities.

"It is true," said the France Under-21 international. "I believe Didier Deschamps is attracted by me.

"Of course I would like to join that great club.

"I hope to know more quickly."

The centre back's arrival would see him try and fill the huge void left by the departure of World Cup winner Fabio Cannavaro, who is favourite to win the 2006 World Player of the Year award.

The Italy captain joined Real Madrid following the Bianconeri's demotion by the authorities
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Sgoater1 Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:36 pm

@Obispo,

Im sure you will be very happy to get Jimenez ?
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:42 pm

Deschamps: Ibra is last sale

Juventus boss Didier Deschamps has assured fans that no more of their few remaining star men will follow Zlatan Ibrahimovic out of the club.

“Just because one player leaves, it doesn’t mean that others will do the same,” stated the Frenchman on Thursday.

The super Swede was sold to Inter for £17.7m this morning as he became the latest high profile exit after those of Adrian Mutu, Lilian Thuram, Gianluca Zambrotta, Fabio Cannavaro, Emerson and Patrick Vieira.

“I’m saddened that Ibrahimovic has gone because he is a player of great quality,” stated Deschamps.

“We did all we could to convince him to stay, but he had a totally different position from ours. And I want motivated players at my disposal, those with the right comportment and spirit.”

However, the club had already maintained that they would not release any more players after they also lost Vieira to the Nerazzurri.

That has increased fears that Gigi Buffon, David Trezeguet and Mauro Camoranesi won’t start the season in Turin either.

“They’ll all stay,” underlined the former midfielder. “Buffon has already made a decision and will remain even if we receive an important offer.

“Camoranesi is part of our sporting project and I’m counting on him this season,” he added despite the player’s desire to move to Lyon.

“Trezeguet? I know him well and I’m sure we will find a solution that he will be happy with.”

It’s rumoured that the Old Lady are ready to offer the striker a new deal worth a massive £4.2m a season until 2010 in an attempt to convince him to play in Serie B.
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:00 pm

No Real bid, says Chivu

Cristian Chivu’s agent has strenuously dismissed suggestions that his client is being lined up by Real Madrid.

The Spanish giants, according to whispers, have identified the Roma ace as their next major summer swoop.

Yet Andrea Pretti has once again denied that the versatile defender is considering a move away from the Italian capital.

“I can deny in the most absolute manner that Real Madrid have stepped forward for the player,” he told GRT.

“There is no one who can benefit from these rumours. Whoever is spreading such information should have respect for others.”

Chivu has constantly been associated with a transfer after underlining his reputation as one of Europe’s best defenders during his three-year stint with the Giallorossi.

He’s also been linked with the likes of Milan, Inter and Juventus in his career but is one of the few Romanisti who are considered by the club as untouchable.

Chivu is set for a key role in the 2006-07 campaign as boss Luciano Spalletti proposes to field him in the centre alongside a rejuvenated Philippe Mexes.

The international, who is a mean dead-ball specialist, can also be used as a marauding left-back in emergencies.

Meanwhile, Pretti has insisted that his own relationship with Roma is still a good one despite the controversial exit of Damiano Tommasi, another one of his players.

“Our relationship hasn’t changed,” he insisted. “There can obviously be contradictory stances, but nothing more.”

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:39 pm