Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
The-Frank-Tavern
Deluded F*ck™
Kimbo
lrdsucksgoats
Parks lives
Sheffield gunner
10 posters

QPR's Ray Jones dies in car crash

Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

QPR's Ray Jones dies in car crash Empty QPR's Ray Jones dies in car crash

Post by Sheffield gunner Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:35 am

QPR's teenage striker Ray Jones has died in a car accident.

The club has postponed Saturday's match away to Burnley after the young forward was killed.

A statement said: "QPR is in mourning following the tragic news that striker Ray Jones died in a motor accident in the early hours of Saturday morning."

The 18-year-old England youth international was involved in an accident in East Ham and was pronounced dead at the scene.

The club said the collision occurred at about 0020 BST on Saturday in the High Street at South East Ham.

The statement added: "Everyone at Queens Park Rangers extends their deepest sympathies to the family and friends of Ray at this sad time.

"The club will be making no further comment at this stage and we ask you respect our wishes as we grieve for our young striker."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/q/qpr/6963546.stm

Dove
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

QPR's Ray Jones dies in car crash Empty Re: QPR's Ray Jones dies in car crash

Post by Parks lives Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:46 am

Never heard of him personally, but very sad news. R.I.P. <Ale>
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:49 am

I think Fulham tried to sign him last season and a couple of Premiership clubs were interested in him.
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Number of posts : 9523
    Supports : Decentralisation of the state
    Favourite Player : The lesser spotted Ronaldo
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by lrdsucksgoats Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:54 am

Can't help but think if he wasn't a footballer, no one in the press would be reporting it.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:07 pm

Ayman Zawahiri wrote:Can't help but think if he wasn't a footballer, no one in the press would be reporting it.

Atleast he's not a princess, imagine that, we'd never hear the end of it. Yikes
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:10 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Ayman Zawahiri wrote:Can't help but think if he wasn't a footballer, no one in the press would be reporting it.

Biggrin

*Fakes outrage & grief*

Shame to see a promising player go like that, but life goes on.
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:15 pm

how many more before they start to drive a bit slower in their big cars. RIP
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:31 pm

Fantastic footballer. Would've been part of England's future. Watched him a few times and he had bags and bags of talent. Such a shame and a waste.

R.I.P.
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Number of posts : 9523
    Supports : Decentralisation of the state
    Favourite Player : The lesser spotted Ronaldo
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by lrdsucksgoats Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:34 pm

Kimbo wrote:

He's male, and black, which I think rules him out of the running for princess. Saying that, given this country being the way it is, it wouldn't surprise me if ITV commissioned a reality TV show to have him posthumously declared a princess. It's a while since we had a big royal event...
    Rasiak-9
    Rasiak-9

Number of posts : 2605
    Supports : Southampton
    Registration date : 2007-01-17

Post by Rasiak-9 Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:19 pm

Holy $h!t! Thats a massive shock! Shocked
    A massive up-and-coming talent in the c/ship - and a great signing in FM 07 incidentally. - what a tragedy...

On the plus side thats one less forward we have to deal with for our trip to Loftus Road next week Very Happy - ok thats probably the most callous thing anyone could say at this point...

Well i guess there'll be a minutes silence at that game, i'll certainly observe it - i just hope the fans around me do the same, which i'm sure they will.
    forza_rossi
    forza_rossi

Number of posts : 2563

Post by forza_rossi Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:34 pm

Dove Sad day for football. R.I.P jones Dove
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:41 pm

http://www.qpr.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10373~1102442,00.html

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 6:47 pm