Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
lrdsucksgoats
debaser
Tweesus
Dick Grayson
8 posters

Everton v Liver - who wil finish higher?

Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

Number of posts : 5265
    Supports : AC Milan, RM and MU (82-09)
    Favourite Player : DB7 Becks CR7 TRW
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Everton v Liver - who wil finish higher? Empty Everton v Liver - who wil finish higher?

Post by Dick Grayson Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:21 pm

Seems a valid question says i...

T'Toffs play better quality football than Liver and they are Captained by a superior player IMHO.

What says ye?
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Everton v Liver - who wil finish higher? Empty Re: Everton v Liver - who wil finish higher?

Post by Tweesus Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:29 pm

Well, the captain certainly isn't a superior player. That I'm sure of.

They've made incremental improvements year on year. Baines seems to be settling in well and Lescott has raised his game to another level this season. Yakabu has been far from decent though and Everton still lack quality if Arteta were to get injured. If only they'd managed to sign Manuel Fernandes!

Liverpool should finish higher with ease. The REAL question though is whether Citeh or Liverpool will finish higher.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Everton v Liver - who wil finish higher? Empty Re: Everton v Liver - who wil finish higher?

Post by debaser Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:00 pm

everton seem a bit better but not enough to get any higher than last year. lack of goals from the strikers has been main problem it seems, maybe anichebe & vaughan (who might be injured, come to think of it) can step up where johnson & yakubu have so far failed.

think everton will end up about 8th. liverpool will be top 4 as ever.
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Number of posts : 9523
    Supports : Decentralisation of the state
    Favourite Player : The lesser spotted Ronaldo
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by lrdsucksgoats Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:09 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    Liverpool should finish higher with ease. The REAL question though is whether Citeh or Liverpool or Arsenal or Chelsea will finish higher.
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:54 pm

tweeds, baines has been pretty poor imho, a sentiment agreed by the 3 everton fans i know here who have seen the majority of matches this season, similarly Jagielka has not had a good start. they are certainly missing Cahill, and Takubu has been a tad dispappointing too, with johnson misfiring 'til yesterday its been a struggle. i think they'll find it hard to make uefa cup place this season.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:58 pm

Jagielka has been poor.

Baines has come back from an injury - your friends are very fickle if they expect him to a brilliant for them straight off. In the least couple of games he's been pretty good for them though.
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:02 pm

don't think they are fickle they'd have expected a settling in period but he certainly hasn't settled well, its taken a lot longer than i think it should have, consdiering he's come from another english club. didn't see yesterday although they did, i saw only the highlights which it wasn't easy to judge from. he was dropped for the metalist match which suggests that moyes is till unsure he should yet be in the best XI, despite yobo having a rough time too.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:04 pm

He was out injured for two months! He had no pre-season, no time to settle in and was then thrust into the first team with no match fitness
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:12 pm

Laugh

I can quite comfortably say we will finish higher than the shite across stanley park, they don't even play good football, they aren't great away from home but get good results againt average or poor sides at home and people think they have a chance of getting into the top 4.

Liverpool are playing very poorly at the moment, but we do miss Agger IMO, I don't like to make excuses but Hyypia is too slow for the Premiership now and mistakes are costing us, if it wasn't for Ferguson, Heinze could of done a job there but that's history.

This is our bad patch, but despite this we are still unbeaten in the league, we should have done a lot better but a win against Everton will do us the world of good, when ever the shite beat us at Goodison lately we seem to get to the champions league final so if that should happen I'll take it as an omen Razz
    StevieG
    StevieG

Number of posts : 1039
    Supports : 1.Valencia C F. 2.Stockport County
    Favourite Player : David Villa , Joaquin
    Registration date : 2007-07-22

Post by StevieG Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:17 pm

hmmmm phil neville superior to gerrard hmmm hmm nahh.
    everton struggled to beat matalist kharkov.

if liverpool finish lower than everton il eat my hat Smile
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:33 pm

Tweedle wrote:Jagielka has been poor.

Baines has come back from an injury - your friends are very fickle if they expect him to a brilliant for them straight off. In the least couple of games he's been pretty good for them though.

Agh Im agreeing with Tweeds for once cyclops

Jagielka has been quite poor, every one half decent game = 2 or 3 shite games there after it seems. Moyes really should have gone for Koumas, who has looked argubaly Wigan's best player.

Baines looks to have settled in the last couple of games after his injury <Ale>

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 29, 2024 4:54 am