Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Khadrim
Aristoskank
debaser
Luis
Zack
Di Caniooooo!
Isco Benny
DD
Fey
fcb
Deluded F*ck™
AsianBoy
lrdsucksgoats
Cesc Soler
Tweesus
L r d hAsta LueGo
Sgoater1
Deano
Kimbo
SuperMario
24 posters

WHU or Spurs who will finish higher in the EPL?

Poll

Who will finish higher in the EPL

[ 2 ]
    WHU or Spurs who will finish higher in the EPL? Bar_left6%WHU or Spurs who will finish higher in the EPL? Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 17 ]
    WHU or Spurs who will finish higher in the EPL? Bar_left49%WHU or Spurs who will finish higher in the EPL? Bar_right [49%] 
    [ 13 ]
    WHU or Spurs who will finish higher in the EPL? Bar_left37%WHU or Spurs who will finish higher in the EPL? Bar_right [37%] 
    [ 3 ]
    WHU or Spurs who will finish higher in the EPL? Bar_left8%WHU or Spurs who will finish higher in the EPL? Bar_right [8%] 

Total Votes: 35
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

WHU or Spurs who will finish higher in the EPL? Empty WHU or Spurs who will finish higher in the EPL?

Post by SuperMario Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:20 pm

Will Ramos turn things around or will he rotate Spurs into oblivion? WHU seem to have sorted things out; Tevez leaving was a blessing in disguise. Can Curbishley keep them going?
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

WHU or Spurs who will finish higher in the EPL? Empty Re: WHU or Spurs who will finish higher in the EPL?

Post by Kimbo Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:30 pm

Spurs will still finish higher. ok
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

WHU or Spurs who will finish higher in the EPL? Empty Re: WHU or Spurs who will finish higher in the EPL?

Post by Deano Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:32 pm

I couldn't possibly say...

I expect Spurs to finish 5th/6th...I don't expect us to finish any higher than 6th...so I'd have to say they'd finish above us.

If we beat them in 2 weeks time...we'll be 10 points ahead with a game in hand (providing they win tomorrow).
    It's very possible we'll finish above them.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:43 pm

At the moment I still fancy Spurs to edge WHU, but Ramos does needs a string of wins quickly or it will be WHU.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:45 pm

jonathan de guzman wrote:At the moment I still fancy Spurs to edge WHU, but Ramos does needs a string of wins quickly or it will be WHU.

Pretty much how I see it...I don't expect them to keep playing this $h!t, but at the same time...I'd be surprised if we dipped that much.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:16 pm

Tough to say, i expect both to do well even though SPurs had bad start. Even though we are 17 points ahead of Spurs im still cautious about us finishing ahead of them (even though we should do now ) just cos of the quality they have and now with Ramos coming in i expect them to start performing.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:21 pm

Maybe 2 5th spot finishes was the best Spurs could do. Even with the recent improvements I don't see a great squad; of the 5th spot contenders they have probably the best strike force, but apart from that it's mainly average (certainly when it comes to creativity) players. Bale, Lennon, lethargic Huddlestone... that's about it.
    L r d hAsta LueGo
    L r d hAsta LueGo

Number of posts : 2388
    Registration date : 2007-10-19

Post by L r d hAsta LueGo Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:28 pm

If West ham held on last week then i would definitly go for them. Winning with all these injured players is great. When everybody begins to tire a little bit, they basically have a whole new 11 for that part of the season.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:34 pm

L r d wrote:If West ham held on last week then i would definitly go for them. Winning with all these injured players is great. When everybody begins to tire a little bit, they basically have a whole new 11 for that part of the season.

LRD is basically going for West Ham.

Well done LRD son Ale
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:36 pm

I think West Ham, although it depends a bit on whether they have money to spend in January. If they buy a couple of class players then, then know knows where they can finish. Certainly still in the running for a UEFA spot though
    L r d hAsta LueGo
    L r d hAsta LueGo

Number of posts : 2388
    Registration date : 2007-10-19

Post by L r d hAsta LueGo Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:37 pm

You are in a much better position, and with so many good players to come back why not indeed. I got Tottenham to win the uefa cup on a few bets also, so if they do i am sure it will effect their league position <Ale>
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:38 pm

Tweedle wrote:I think West Ham, although it depends a bit on whether they have money to spend in January. If they buy a couple of class players then, then know knows where they can finish. Certainly still in the running for a UEFA spot though

I think a CM is likely...another LB too...

I'm extremely proud of the way these players have came in, under pressure, and some playing out of position...and have basically been brilliant.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:41 pm

Carlton Cole wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:I think West Ham, although it depends a bit on whether they have money to spend in January. If they buy a couple of class players then, then know knows where they can finish. Certainly still in the running for a UEFA spot though

I think a CM is likely...another LB too...

I'm extremely proud of the way these players have came in, under pressure, and some playing out of position...and have basically been brilliant.

ok

Do you know how much money Curbishley has to strengthen with?
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Cesc Soler Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:43 pm

He probably has a bit, with West Ham's net spend this summer being fairly low.

McCartney isn't bad at leftback. I think Nicky Shorey will run down his contract and force Reading to sell him in January for them to get a bit of money for him.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:44 pm

Erm...I'm not sure...but I think the board will give him money for a couple of new players...I'd say around £10m-£15m for a LB and CM...
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:47 pm

McCartney is decent, but not really at the level that West Ham are hoping to aim for.

Who's the regular left winger when fit? Boa Morte? IMO West Ham could do better there as well
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:47 pm

Tweedle wrote:McCartney is decent, but not really at the level that West Ham are hoping to aim for.

Who's the regular left winger when fit? Boa Morte? IMO West Ham could do better there as well

Etherington...and to be quite honest Tweeds...I can't think of a LW that we could get, who I'd prefer.

He's back on top form...
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:49 pm

Carlton Cole wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:McCartney is decent, but not really at the level that West Ham are hoping to aim for.

Etherington...and to be quite honest Tweeds...I can't think of a LW that we could get, who I'd prefer.

He's back on top form...

N'Zogbia? king

I'm just thinking of someone a bit more cultured really. Etherington is decent - but for a higher position, he could be improved upon
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Number of posts : 9523
    Supports : Decentralisation of the state
    Favourite Player : The lesser spotted Ronaldo
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by lrdsucksgoats Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:57 pm

jonathan de guzman wrote:Maybe 2 5th spot finishes was the best Spurs could do. Even with the recent improvements I don't see a great squad; of the 5th spot contenders they have probably the best strike force, but apart from that it's mainly average (certainly when it comes to creativity) players. Bale, Lennon, lethargic Huddlestone... that's about it.

I wouldn't say any of those are average though, but relying on players who are 21 and younger is a problem. Jenas is a good goalscoring midfielder, but he's nothing close to a top class playmaker. Going the other way, Zokora is a decent shielder of the defence and is good on the ball, but he's not good enough. Spuds really need to cut out some of the dead wood in midfield (Malbranque, for example) and start buying some specific players in the positions than are weak. Goalie, obviously, centrehalf and central midfield also. Even if they sell Berbatov, they'll still have a potent strikeforce so he's got some room to maneuver something good out of this season. Needs to move in January though, cut some of the wood to show the squad that they'll be sold if they don't buck up their ideas, make a couple of key improvements and Spurs could even break the top four.
    AsianBoy
    AsianBoy

Number of posts : 2950
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by AsianBoy Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:33 am

WHU, hands down 10 points clear & counting

what is it meaing?
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:27 am

Cking wrote:WHU, hands down 10 points clear & counting

what is it meaing?

West Ham are certain to finish ahead of Tottenham as they are already 10 points ahead of them... and can make the gap even bigger.
    AsianBoy
    AsianBoy

Number of posts : 2950
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by AsianBoy Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:36 am

El Gaffer™ wrote:

what is it meaing?

West Ham are certain to finish ahead of Tottenham as they are already 10 points ahead of them... and can make the gap even bigger.
    whats wrong with Spurs this season?
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Number of posts : 9523
    Supports : Decentralisation of the state
    Favourite Player : The lesser spotted Ronaldo
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by lrdsucksgoats Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:06 am

Terrible goalkeeper, weak defence.

Going forward, Spurs are easily good enough to finish top six, and possibly even top four.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:54 am

El Gaffer™️ wrote:

what is it meaing?

lol! Sig time.

Hopefully Wigan can hold them to at least a draw today, and then we can beat them at Upton Park on the 25th...

That'll put us 12 points ahead Ale.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:18 pm

Carlton Cole wrote:
    El Gaffer™️ wrote:

what is it meaing?

lol! Sig time.

Hopefully Wigan can hold them to at least a draw today, and then we can beat them at Upton Park on the 25th...

That'll put us 12 points ahead Ale.

High hopes, and it's not happening.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:45 pm

That has to be Wham! They already created quite a gap with Spurm. But then again they had some tough matches already!

Man City will finish higher then both btw.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:16 am

Fey, is that JDG's body my Head is on ?
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC

Post by DD Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:10 am

El Gaffer™ wrote:Fey, is that JDG's body my Head is on ?
    spot on
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:50 pm

I think it'll be close.

West Ham are a good side, they always have been to be honest, now they're just strong and organised defensively. With a 10 point gap it seems a big ask to catch them. Historically though, Curbishley's Charlton would start very well and then tail off in the second half of the season. Could happen to West Ham, although they are a far better side than Charlton ever were.

Ramos should sort Spurs out in the long term.

The 4-3 game last season is just an example of how both clubs like to attack- if there is any justice in the World, the free scoring sides like West Ham and Spurs will get their due rewards come the end of the season,

whilst the dour teams of the league end up at the bottom
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:58 pm

El Gaffer™️ wrote:Fey, is that JDG's body my Head is on ?

Aye mate, I like the both of you so I thought this was the best sollution. <Ale>

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 1:09 pm