Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Sgoater1
Hlebagone
Tweesus
Parks lives
Pierre Littbarski
fcb
The Vermonster
Tom
Cesc Soler
Arnaud loves Catherine
Oleguerisntthatbad
Deano
debaser
Dwarf
Fey
Batman
Glenarch of the Glen
Luis
22 posters

Man City - how far can they go?

Poll

Where will City finish?

[ 11 ]
    Man City - how far can they go? - Page 2 Bar_left42%Man City - how far can they go? - Page 2 Bar_right [42%] 
    [ 13 ]
    Man City - how far can they go? - Page 2 Bar_left50%Man City - how far can they go? - Page 2 Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Man City - how far can they go? - Page 2 Bar_left0%Man City - how far can they go? - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Man City - how far can they go? - Page 2 Bar_left0%Man City - how far can they go? - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Man City - how far can they go? - Page 2 Bar_left8%Man City - how far can they go? - Page 2 Bar_right [8%] 

Total Votes: 26
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Man City - how far can they go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Man City - how far can they go?

Post by Sgoater1 Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:59 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    bluenine wrote:(any idea when he makes his debut?).

Well, he hasn't played for a bit because the Ukrainian league finished at the start of December so he'll be way off match fitness.

At a guess, this weekend in the FA cup

International clearence came through this morning so could e tomorrow. He lacks match fittness but has been trainingwith us since he signed in December. Cant wait to see him play.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Man City - how far can they go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Man City - how far can they go?

Post by bluenine Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:14 pm

I know he is more of a striker, but his game is not too different from Elano... I am really interested to see how he, Elano and Petrov will fit in together. But in either case, it gives Sven the option to rotate his key players.

Sgoater1 wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:

Well, he hasn't played for a bit because the Ukrainian league finished at the start of December so he'll be way off match fitness.

International clearence came through this morning so could e tomorrow. He lacks match fittness but has been trainingwith us since he signed in December. Cant wait to see him play.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by The Pröfessör Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:18 pm

bluenine wrote:I know he is more of a striker, but his game is not too different from Elano... I am really interested to see how he, Elano and Petrov will fit in together. But in either case, it gives Sven the option to rotate his key players.

Sgoater1 wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:

think they might play like this:

petrov----ST------castillo
    -------------Elano
    -----Hamman----Johnson
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:46 pm

2 away wins so far is not good enough for a team with ambitions to finish top 4, I think finishing in a UEFA Cup spot would be great considering last season.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:13 am

Milan are yet to win a game at home this season in Serie A, and yet they have top 4 ambitions.... so I don't see how City can't have these ambitions... their win against Newcastle gives great hope, maybe things are finally changing.... maybe, just maybe....

Tho I agree, even a UEFA Cup spot will be a great achievement this season.

johan neeskens wrote:2 away wins so far is not good enough for a team with ambitions to finish top 4, I think finishing in a UEFA Cup spot would be great considering last season.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:15 am

johan neeskens wrote:2 away wins so far is not good enough for a team with ambitions to finish top 4, I think finishing in a UEFA Cup spot would be great considering last season.

Well considering out of the 10 away games we have played 7 have been against the top 10 teams in the league (not including City ) and another was Spurs. Bearing that in mind we have got 10 points out of 10 games which is the 11th best away from which is pretty good.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:25 pm