Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+59
S4P
Deano
Chocolate Thunder
christmasborocooper
godof86
Since 1888
EM Seleção e Selecção
COTR
The Bulk
Batman
Freddie Or Not
DeLux
TM
Glenarch of the Glen
Roger Hunt
DS
Pierre Littbarski
anfield 1989
Calidad
Black Magic
L r d hAsta LueGo
Tom
NCFC
Romford Pele
Mexicanbecks
Machiavel
Juligen
Isco Benny
shazlx
Super Progress
Rez
robert
Football Genius
Puro
The Easter Bunny
Deluded F*ck™
Sir Les
golsud
Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U
lrdsucksgoats
A & K
fcb
Hlebagone
Allez les rouges
Effenberg
The-Frank-Tavern
Parks lives
The Pröfessör
Rosy
Cesc Soler
Fey
Down With The Rosickness
rza
The Vermonster
TheCrazy58
Tweesus
Sheffield gunner
youonlycametooseeeboue
SuperMario
63 posters

Arsenal FC 2007/8

SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Arsenal FC 2007/8 Empty Re: Arsenal FC 2007/8

Post by SuperMario Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:57 pm

First real news on RVP:

"onderzoek moet vandaag uitwijzen hoe ernstig de blessure is"

"Today a check up will be done to find out how serious the injury is"

Was published at 22.50h local time, not 100% sure if today is today or tomorrow.

source in Dutch

http://www.ad.nl/sport/voetbal/article1752211.ece

Could be like Hleb's injury: ie a miraculous swift return could be worse. Don't think he's done his cruciates.

Had lots of serious knee injuries myself, so my knee is far worse than Robin's. had a similar incident once and was able to play after 1 1/2 week. Let hope for the best....

I'll keep you informed.
    youonlycametooseeeboue

Number of posts : 932
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Hleb and Lampard
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by youonlycametooseeeboue Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:00 pm

wtf!, rvp got injured?? jesus!
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403

Post by Sheffield gunner Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:03 pm

jonathan de guzman wrote:First real news on RVP:

"onderzoek moet vandaag uitwijzen hoe ernstig de blessure is"

"Today a check up will be done to find out how serious the injury is"

Was published at 22.50h local time, not 100% sure if today is today or tomorrow.

source in Dutch

http://www.ad.nl/sport/voetbal/article1752211.ece

Could be like Hleb's injury: ie a miraculous swift return could be worse. Don't think he's done his cruciates.

Had lots of serious knee injuries myself, so my knee is far worse than Robin's. had a similar incident once and was able to play after 1 1/2 week. Let hope for the best....

I'll keep you informed.

Thanks for the update. Even if it isn't too bad it might be prudent for us to rest him against Bolton and Prague. They are games we should be able to win anyway and there is no point in rushing him back early when we have important games coming up.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:20 pm

Today = tomorrow (when check up will be done). Article was probably meant for tomorrow's newspaper.

----

He will not play v Bolton for sure & there's no need for playing him v Slavia (probabaly won't be able to anyway).
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:26 pm

Cr@p!

Does this mean Eduardo will get a start then?
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:31 pm

Tweedle wrote:Cr@p!

Of course.
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151

Post by TheCrazy58 Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:23 am

jonathan de guzman wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:Cr@p!

Of course.

And Bentdner will moan again Whistle

Thx for the update ok
    The Vermonster

Number of posts : 522
    Favourite Player : Vermaelen - Exceeding the greatest expectations
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by The Vermonster Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:55 am

I am hearing that RvP wil be all right for the trip to Anfield and with luck can even play the CL game.

Is it confirmed?

Jonathan... please can you confirm the news.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:25 am

I See RedNWhite wrote:I am hearing that RvP wil be all right for the trip to Anfield and with luck can even play the CL game.

Is it confirmed?

Jonathan... please can you confirm the news.
    Haven't heard it from a reliable source yet.
    Sheffield gunner

Post by Sheffield gunner Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:49 am

The Arsenal board have just announced that they are extending their lock-down agreement not to sell any shares until April 2009 at least. Good news for us, and it seriously hampers any takeover attempts.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:59 am

Read on Arsenal Mania SSN reports he's only doubtful for the Bolton game. Haven't heard/read any confirmation in Dutch media yet. Hope the sportsnews in 15 minutes will confirm it.

-----

Was on SSN's newsticker, but it seems they based it on football365. Not a reliable source (same goes for SSN).
    rza

Number of posts : 347
    Registration date : 2006-08-31

Post by rza Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:06 pm

I think Arsenal fans are spoiled. They like players who have very good ball skills even for defense minded players. Let's face it, the reason why Arsenal fans never liked Cygan, Flamini and Senderos is because they can't make those runs like Toure from defence or be able to play comfortably play anyway in the pitch like Djourou. Maybe that's why they like Diarra as well, even though he hasn't played a season in EPL.

Fact is, a defence of Gallas/Djourou/Toure is too similar to be successful. They are both fast, technically good on the ball, have good distribution, but sh!t in the air and not physically imposing. I think Wenger has realised that he needs Senderos in that defence hence he shipped Djourou to a lowly team. If Gallas wasn’t a big ego player and not that experienced but with the same ability then I can sure you that Senderos was going to play ahead of him. Senderos offers something that all of them doesn’t, presence.

People will say Senderos is sh!t but reality is that he only makes a mistake in 1 games out of 20 games. And when was the last time he made a mistake for him to be this sh!t? He is just a victim of Arsenal not wanting to have ugly/tough players in their team, Flamini and Cygan are other examples.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:45 pm

Its not that they aren't techincally adept. Campbell was probably worse than all three technically but the fans loved him; because he did the job well.

The problem with Senderos and Cygan is that they just aren't/weren't very good defenders.

Arsenal fans not liking Flamini was probably down to him kicking up a fuss last season and effectively demanding a transfer. We admire him as a footballer though at the moment as he's enacting his potential
    rza

Number of posts : 347
    Registration date : 2006-08-31

Post by rza Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:29 pm

Tweedle wrote:Its not that they aren't techincally adept. Campbell was probably worse than all three technically but the fans loved him; because he did the job well.

The problem with Senderos and Cygan is that they just aren't/weren't very good defenders.

Arsenal fans not liking Flamini was probably down to him kicking up a fuss last season and effectively demanding a transfer. We admire him as a footballer though at the moment as he's enacting his potential

Senderos proved that he's very good on that run to the CL final, and he hasn't set any foot wrong this season. U agree?

Well i also liked Cygan and i thought he did well whenever he came on, but then i guess his look didn't inspire confidence from the fans or anyody else. It seems he's doing well in La Liga and proving to be a very good defender.

I remember people saying Flamini should go because he's not better than Gilberto and Diaby, not because he was demanding game time.

Admit it, all three of them don't play Arsenal's sexual stimulating football and u hate them for it. Laughing lol!
    Sheffield gunner

Post by Sheffield gunner Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:05 pm

rza wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:Its not that they aren't techincally adept. Campbell was probably worse than all three technically but the fans loved him; because he did the job well.

Senderos proved that he's very good on that run to the CL final, and he hasn't set any foot wrong this season. U agree?

Well i also liked Cygan and i thought he did well whenever he came on, but then i guess his look didn't inspire confidence from the fans or anyody else. It seems he's doing well in La Liga and proving to be a very good defender.

I remember people saying Flamini should go because he's not better than Gilberto and Diaby, not because he was demanding game time.

Admit it, all three of them don't play Arsenal's sexual stimulating football and u hate them for it. Laughing lol!

That isn't true, he got sent off against Portsmouth when he got caught the wrong side of the striker. I like Senderos, but the problem is that his lack of pace is a major handicap in a team like Arsenal, where the defence is usually more exposed than most sides, defends high up the pitch and who are mostly attacked on the counter. In such a team Senderos looks clumsy and sluggish and on a number of occasions now he has been sent off when he has allowed a striker goal-side of him and has been forced to bring them down. He also takes a while to settle in to the team and needs a run of games to play at his best.

I think he is a fine tackler, and he is by far our best defender at dealing with crosses. It also looks to me like he has been working on his distribution this season. He needs to step up a level though, his progress has stalled a bit in the last year and a half.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:29 pm

Wengers' guesstimate is 4 weeks out. A check up still needs to be done to assess how serious it is.

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=483064&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Knee+injury+could+sideline+Van+Persie+for+a+month
    Sheffield gunner

Post by Sheffield gunner Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:36 pm

jonathan de guzman wrote:Wengers' guesstimate is 4 weeks out. A check up still needs to be done to assess how serious it is.

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=483064&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Knee+injury+could+sideline+Van+Persie+for+a+month

Sad

That's unfortunate, it will be a big loss not having him against Liverpool and Man Utd. So unlucky for him as well, so often when he gets in good form he seems to pick up an injury.
    Down With The Rosickness

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2007-10-16

Post by Down With The Rosickness Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:37 pm

rza wrote:

last season, flamini WAS no better than gilberto or diaby, he really has stepped his game up this season and deserves his place in the team. Cygan was never a world beater, we had better defenders than him and he was backup for the first team. Senderos is still not ready for regular first team action. However if he decides to do a flamini and puts in good performances regularly i doubt anyone would want him out of the club.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:03 pm

Dennin van Bergsie is out for 4 weeks Neutral

Arsenal FC 2007/8 502f2410
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Cesc Soler Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:07 pm

Just come in from a tiring day to see that! Grr

We are going to miss him, thats for sure. Time to see what Eduardo has to offer.
    Rosy
    Rosy

Number of posts : 2047
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Rosy Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:17 pm

Cesc wrote:Just come in from a tiring day to see that! Grr

We are going to miss him, thats for sure. Time to see what Eduardo has to offer.

International football sucks. Who needs it? Players are always coming back injured. Country's should play the players wages at least while they are out plus depreciation.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:32 pm

Arsenal FC 2007/8 Wenger_0708bust
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:39 pm

At least it'll give Eduardo a few chances. He actually may be quite a uesful player against Liverpool and Utd - sometimes having a natural finisher like him can make the difference. Problem is if him or Adeabayor get injured. I don't think Bendtner is quite ready for a starter spot.

Any news on Gallas?
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Post by Cesc Soler Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:45 pm

Tweedle wrote:Any news on Gallas?
    Ready. He played for France last night and apparently had no problems after the game.

Lehmann is available too.
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Post by Cesc Soler Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:46 pm

jonathan de guzman wrote:Arsenal FC 2007/8 Wenger_0708bust
    Its going to be alongside Herbert Chapman's bust one day.

Arsenal FC 2007/8 Agm2007_10
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:48 pm

@tweeds

Gallas is ready to go.

Eduardo is the player who shouldn't get injured now. He's back up for Robin; Bendtner is back up for Ade.

Ade & Bendtner is no striker partnership (too similar), so that would mean 4-5-1.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:49 pm

Could Eduardo be Arsenal's Milan Baros??? Good for Croatia but bad for Arsenal!!
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:51 pm

Fey wrote:Could Eduardo be Arsenal's Milan Baros??? Good for Croatia but bad for Arsenal!!

Baros was only good for the Czech Rep because he had the world's best support striker alongside him. I'm sure Eduardo will be a success
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:53 pm

Fey wrote:Could Eduardo be Arsenal's Milan Baros??? Good for Croatia but bad for Arsenal!!
    We don't know yet. But I think Eduardo will come up with the goods. Eduardo is more allround (not just a goal poacher) & certainly is a better goalscorer than Baros.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:58 pm

Apparently they have done a check up. According to NOS (Dutch equivalent of BBC) Robin has a torn (just a little bit) the 'binnenband'* of his knee. They say he will be out for about 4 weeks. Good assessment by Wenger.

*'binnenband' don't know the word in English (or Latin) is something like a cruciate but elswhere in your knee ('binnen' is 'inner').

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 9:52 pm