Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Machiavel
COTR
shazlx
The Easter Bunny
Fey
The-Frank-Tavern
Tom
S4P
L.r.d
Allez les rouges
Kimbo
110%
SuperMario
Parks lives
Tweesus
19 posters

Top ten attack minded CMs in the EPL

The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Top ten attack minded CMs in the EPL - Page 2 Empty Re: Top ten attack minded CMs in the EPL

Post by The Easter Bunny Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:59 pm

Merry Krimbo wrote:
    Allez les rouges wrote:Lennon is one of the finest attacking midfielders in the Prem, challenged only by the Zog.
    And Kazenga, in a year the N'Zogbia debate will have been settled in my favour and it will be Andy vs LuaLua. ok Ale

Carrols just your old usual english striker, Kazenga, A) has a awesome name
    B) is black
    c) he's not english

So he has to be better

Ale
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Top ten attack minded CMs in the EPL - Page 2 Empty Re: Top ten attack minded CMs in the EPL

Post by Kimbo Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:04 pm

Jesus wrote:
    Merry Krimbo wrote:
    Allez les rouges wrote:Lennon is one of the finest attacking midfielders in the Prem, challenged only by the Zog.
    And Kazenga, in a year the N'Zogbia debate will have been settled in my favour and it will be Andy vs LuaLua. ok Ale

Carrols just your old usual english striker, Kazenga, A) has a awesome name
    B) is black
    c) he's not english

So he has to be better

Ale
    Well he is a better prospect IMO. But then Carroll is alot older, a lot bigger, a totally different type of player, and plays in a different position. So shut your face punty. The new Zog. Biggrin <Ale>
    shazlx
    shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
    Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:06 pm

L r d wrote:
    shazlx wrote:
    L r d wrote:It's not bias. This little overated overpriced brazillian flop outplayed the best midfield in the world, and had fabregas in circles. If he's not num 1 the list isnt valid <Ale>
    How much attacking did he do in these games or any other games for that matter?

Is he not cute enough for you?
    I don't no how to respond to that Bam. A more relevant question for this thread is - Is he not attacking enough for you? To which my answer is, so far, no Ale.

Last edited by on Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:34 pm

L r d wrote:It's not bias. This little overated overpriced brazillian flop outplayed the best midfield in the world, and had fabregas in circles. If he's not num 1 the list isnt valid <Ale>

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Sure the man who has spent 99% of his time no greater than a ten foot radius away from his rio, vidic and hargreaves (carrick) protection zone and has given us SWEET FA indication that he will become the next ronaldinho as the great prophet lrd predicted is the best attacking midfielder in the league Biggrin

Your poor little brain must go into hype overdrive anytime you associate a brazilian with a man u shirt

First the new cafu
    Then the new roberto carlos
    Now the new ronaldinho

How on earth did kleberson escape this madness or am I just not remembering which legendary brazilian he should have turned into?
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:40 pm

COTR wrote:

Sure the man who has spent 99% of his time no greater than a ten foot radius away from his rio, vidic and hargreaves (carrick) protection zone

Shame Liverpool (or Gerrard Laughing ) couldn't put him under any severe pressure, his first season lets don't expect fireworks.
    shazlx
    shazlx

Post by shazlx Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:45 pm

johan neeskens wrote:
    COTR wrote:

Sure the man who has spent 99% of his time no greater than a ten foot radius away from his rio, vidic and hargreaves (carrick) protection zone

Shame Liverpool (or Gerrard Laughing ) couldn't put him under any severe pressure, his first season lets don't expect fireworks.
    Most of us don't expect fireworks, but your lot are talking as if he has already lit up the league.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:46 pm

johan neeskens wrote:
    COTR wrote:

A bus is always difficult to break down. Anderson was just one small component in this bus. You cannot say united's midfield dominated either of the matches as their midfield was basically joined with the defence. If you come back and say the mass defence dominated our's and arsenal's midfield then I will happily accept Wink

In all seriousness though, he is clearly a great player but really has not shown any indication of any great passing or shooting ability. He is strong, relatively quick, good technically and therefore good in confined space and he knows how to work the ball simply. As you know assisting and scoring goals is a whole different level. I'm guessing if he gives you half the end product scholes has given you over the years you should be delighted
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:48 pm

COTR wrote:
    johan neeskens wrote:
    COTR wrote:

In all seriousness though, he is clearly a great player but really has not shown any indication of any great passing or shooting ability. He is strong, relatively quick, good technically and therefore good in confined space and he knows how to work the ball simply. As you know assisting and scoring goals is a whole different level. I'm guessing if he gives you half the end product scholes has given you over the years you should be delighted

I agree Ale
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:49 pm

shazlx wrote:
    johan neeskens wrote:
    COTR wrote:

Most of us don't expect fireworks, but your lot are talking as if he has already lit up the league.

Unlike your fans saying Fabregas at 16 was WC, I take your advice. I'm not hyping Anderson whatsoever but crediting that hes come into the team and has not looked out of place, he can only get better.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:53 pm

lol!

Clive Anderson never gets out of his own half, he's too busy making sure no one looks at Rio Razz best attacking midfielder? Are you having a laugh?

the correct answer, for those who are interested is:

Kuyt
    Gerrard
    Lampard
    Cesc
    Scholes
    Carragher
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:04 pm

johan neeskens wrote:
    shazlx wrote:
    johan neeskens wrote:
    COTR wrote:

Unlike your fans saying Fabregas at 16 was WC, I take your advice. I'm not hyping Anderson whatsoever but crediting that hes come into the team and has not looked out of place, he can only get better.

Weird, but i think thats exactly what we did with Fabregas....
    Moreover, Anderson was hardly a noive, he'd play championsleague football. The way you're saying it makes it look like he'd never seen a football before. What did you expect?
    Finally, to all man utd fans, how exactly did Anderson outplay Fabregas? Sure, he rolled around a bit under a tackle, and lost Hleb for the pass to Fabregas for our equaliser but apart from that?
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Number of posts : 9523
    Supports : Decentralisation of the state
    Favourite Player : The lesser spotted Ronaldo
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by lrdsucksgoats Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:17 pm

1) Scholes
    2) Anderson
    3) Not an Arsenal player
    4) Who cares?
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Post by L.r.d Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:29 pm

COTR wrote:
    johan neeskens wrote:
    COTR wrote:

A bus is always difficult to break down. Anderson was just one small component in this bus. You cannot say united's midfield dominated either of the matches as their midfield was basically joined with the defence. If you come back and say the mass defence dominated our's and arsenal's midfield then I will happily accept Wink

In all seriousness though, he is clearly a great player but really has not shown any indication of any great passing ability. He is strong, relatively quick, good technically and therefore good in confined space and he knows how to work the ball simply. As you know assisting and scoring goals is a whole different level. I'm guessing if he gives you half the end product scholes has given you over the years you should be delighted

Laugh Try again COTR
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Post by L.r.d Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:31 pm

shazlx wrote:
    L r d wrote:
    shazlx wrote:

I don't no how to respond to that Bam. A more relevant question for this thread is - Is he not attacking enough for you? To which my answer is, so far, no Ale.

Are you really making your opinion based on that or how he kicks the ball and how he looks when he runs?
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Post by L.r.d Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:35 pm

COTR wrote:

Sure the man who has spent 99% of his time no greater than a ten foot radius away from his rio, vidic and hargreaves (carrick) protection zone and has given us SWEET FA indication that he will become the next ronaldinho as the great prophet lrd predicted is the best attacking midfielder in the league Biggrin

Your poor little brain must go into hype overdrive anytime you associate a brazilian with a man u shirt

First the new cafu
    Then the new roberto carlos
    Now the new ronaldinho

How on earth did kleberson escape this madness or am I just not remembering which legendary brazilian he should have turned into?

You called him overated, i called him a genius in the making
    You called him a flop, i called him the most talented 19 yr old in the world.
    You called him a waste of money, he then went on to outplay your precious captain at anfield Biggrin

What are you doing trying to tell me im wrong cotr?
    Anderson is the best midfielder in the league, i wouldn't compare him to Ronaldinho anymore, his style is nothing like him and he surely will become a better player than him true story Biggrin <Ale>
    shazlx
    shazlx

Post by shazlx Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:52 pm

L r d wrote:
    shazlx wrote:
    L r d wrote:
    shazlx wrote:

Are you really making your opinion based on that or how he kicks the ball and how he looks when he runs?
    He kicks the ball well and tries to dibble properly, I have no problem watching him as a player.

i wouldn't compare him to Ronaldinho anymore, his style is nothing like him and he surely will become a better player than him true story
    Before he went to ManU, his style was almost exactly like Ronaldinho's. He passes like him, he dribbles like him, he controls the ball like him. He really was a smaller, darker and slightly less talented version of Ronaldinho. When he came to ManU I was sure he was gonna make it, like Tweedle, and thought Nani was too lightweight and undeveloped to make a short term impact. Anderson isn't a revelation, he was very highly rated by those who had seen him, there is a reason you had to pay so much for him.

Anyhow, relating it to this topic. Anderson should be disqualified or very lowly placed as he hasn't shown many great attacking qualities/incidents in England thus far. Arsenal's Lassana Diarra has done as much attacking as him, maybe more.
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:11 pm

Hate the c**t, but Tim Cahill deserves a shout.
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Allez les rouges Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:42 am

Glenn Hysén wrote:

lol!

Clive Anderson never gets out of his own half, he's too busy making sure no one looks at Rio Razz best attacking midfielder? Are you having a laugh?

the correct answer, for those who are interested is:

Kuyt
    Gerrard
    Lampard
    Cesc
    Scholes
    Carragher

There's a reason I was waiting for the Hysen verdict. Top work ok

and chins Ale

Who are the top ten attack-minded midfielders on this board, I wonder?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:22 pm