Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
blutgraetsche
Lordanger
Fey
Stiftung Haeschentest
The-Frank-Tavern
Deluded F*ck™
Football Genius
Riviera
christmasborocooper
Parks lives
Isco Benny
15 posters

The Fat Frank Appreciation Thread.

Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

The Fat Frank Appreciation Thread. Empty The Fat Frank Appreciation Thread.

Post by Isco Benny Thu May 01, 2008 1:08 pm

Does anyone feel like we're back in 2004?

So his mother dies, plays a game of his life and scores a crucial penalty.

There aren't many Flumpard appreciation threads, so lets enjoy this one whilst it last

To Frank. And Pat. Cynics may say "why all the fuss about his mum?". But we've all had mums. And its not nice when they die <Ale>

As Adrian Dennis of offside.com puts it:

"Regardless of how you feel about Chelsea or Frank Lampard himself, it was hard not to feel good for Frank when he scored his penalty after losing his mother just six days ago. It was something to see him just in the starting lineup, much less score a goal and play 120 minutes. Worthy of his applause"

The Fat Frank Appreciation Thread. 87fc32f641c45b78b109ad5c71b06380-getty-fbl-eur-c1-chelsea-liv2

The Fat Frank Appreciation Thread. Lamps_article

The Fat Frank Appreciation Thread. Pat%20and%20Frank%20Lampard

The Fat Frank Appreciation Thread. Piesmall

-----------------------------

Death of a loved one, but still steps up to the plate to deliver.

Only in England Ale

Deutschlanders (well, only Otto actually), feel free to tell us about the last time one of your own suffered a loss and went out to score a crucial penalty in a CL semi final
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

The Fat Frank Appreciation Thread. Empty Re: The Fat Frank Appreciation Thread.

Post by Parks lives Thu May 01, 2008 1:12 pm

Last time I'll say it, well done lad.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Thu May 01, 2008 1:16 pm

To Flumps Ale
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Thu May 01, 2008 1:18 pm

Parks lives wrote:Last time I'll say it, well done lad.

Will it be though? What if he plays like that in the final?
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Thu May 01, 2008 1:19 pm

Senor Woody wrote:

He won't. Razz

Even if he does, I'll be back to calling him a fat c*nt.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Thu May 01, 2008 1:23 pm

Parks lives wrote:
    Senor Woody wrote:

He won't. Razz

Even if he does, I'll be back to calling him a fat c*nt.

Oooooooh, controversial. Some might call for you to touch wood there Parky

I must admit, this thread has cleansed my soul somewhat after my comment yesterday <Ale>
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Thu May 01, 2008 1:34 pm

You want Parky to touch your wood?

Im here all week Ale
    Riviera
    Riviera

Number of posts : 5411
    Favourite Player : Iniesta, Hangeland
    Registration date : 2007-04-11

Post by Riviera Thu May 01, 2008 1:44 pm

His mum had 10 too many surgeries on her face.
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Football Genius Thu May 01, 2008 1:49 pm

Riviera wrote:His mum had 10 too many surgeries on her face.

lol!
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu May 01, 2008 1:53 pm

Ale

He is underrated by EMB in general, but this doesn't mean that he should be let anywhere near the England XI.
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Thu May 01, 2008 2:00 pm

Ale to flumps. not sure he played so well last night, but the bottle to take that pen. given everything that had happened, and with the threat that if he missed getting slaughtered and everybody saying why didn't ballack take it. fair play
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Thu May 01, 2008 2:03 pm

He did play well Frank. Not often you see Lampard making intelligent through balls. Yesterday he made 2/3.
    Stiftung Haeschentest
    Stiftung Haeschentest

Number of posts : 2314
    Supports : Deutschland
    Registration date : 2006-08-30

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest Thu May 01, 2008 2:05 pm

Senor Woody wrote:
    Deutschlanders (well, only Otto actually), feel free to tell us about the last time one of your own suffered a loss and went out to score a crucial penalty in a CL semi final

Even though I am not Otto Razz and also can't provide you with a story about a footballer, but Ralf and Michael Schumacher suffered a similar tragedy. Their mother just died hours before a GP, both started the race, Michael won it, and Ralf came 4th.

PS great match by Lampard. Glad he had the guts and took the pen. ok
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Thu May 01, 2008 2:06 pm

His mom is a bit of Milf though..
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Thu May 01, 2008 2:07 pm

Parks lives wrote:He did play well Frank. Not often you see Lampard making intelligent through balls. Yesterday he made 2/3.
    worked hard couple of decent-ish through balls, but is that playing well? or are we just saying he played well by his standards or in comparison to gerrard? if that had been scholes we'd have said he had a poor game, cos of the standards he sets himself
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Thu May 01, 2008 2:09 pm

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:
    Parks lives wrote:He did play well Frank. Not often you see Lampard making intelligent through balls. Yesterday he made 2/3.
    worked hard couple of decent-ish through balls, but is that playing well? or are we just saying he played well by his standards or in comparison to gerrard? if that had been scholes we'd have said he had a poor game, cos of the standards he sets himself

He was playing like a man possessed, Frank.
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Thu May 01, 2008 2:10 pm

i could play like a man possessed doesn't mean well!!! anyway no more as i said hats off to him.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Thu May 01, 2008 2:13 pm

Metze's Haeschen wrote:
    Senor Woody wrote:

Even though I am not Otto Razz and also can't provide you with a story about a footballer, but Ralf and Michael Schumacher suffered a similar tragedy. Their mother just died hours before a GP, both started the race, Michael won it, and Ralf came 4th.

Fair play

To dead mothers <Ale>
    Lordanger
    Lordanger

Number of posts : 1519
    Supports : hairbands
    Favourite Player : Not Gerrard
    Registration date : 2006-09-27

Post by Lordanger Thu May 01, 2008 2:15 pm

Fey wrote:His mom is a bit of Milf though..

'was' a bit of a milf, unless your a necrophiliac. Don't see it myself though.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Thu May 01, 2008 3:00 pm

Great match by him yesterday, and what impressed me most, he showed some great character. I really didn't expect him to play like that, thought he would be emotionally devastated after the loss.

MOTM, no doubt.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Thu May 01, 2008 3:02 pm

Senor Woody wrote:
    Metze's Haeschen wrote:
    Senor Woody wrote:

Fair play

To dead mothers <Ale>

I heard the Schumacher's hate their family though. Apparently their grandmother lives in a shed somewhere.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Thu May 01, 2008 6:18 pm

I didn't watch the game but after seeing his (and his dad's, teammates, etc.) reaction after the penalty he scored, definitely feel sympathy for the guy and have massive respect for what he did last night ok
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Thu May 01, 2008 6:30 pm

He can do world class performances, however you'll only see 4-5 a season which over a 50+ game season that isn't enough to be an international player.

Like I've said so many times, he isn't the pub-league player some try to make him out to be, and I don't know why opposition fans suddenly get excited when they realise he's playing (like some of the Pool fans last night) but he'll never be a candidate for the world class bracket.
    shazlx
    shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
    Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx Thu May 01, 2008 8:16 pm

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:Ale to flumps. not sure he played so well last night, but the bottle to take that pen. given everything that had happened, and with the threat that if he missed getting slaughtered and everybody saying why didn't ballack take it. fair play
    lol! I the original Lampard hater well tell you he was the best player in the 1st half and second best overall (after Drogba) .

One thing - IMO it would have been better had he not taken the penalty. Now everyone is talking about the penalty, the emotion, the 'bottle' and not many people are talking about the performance. A very intelligent, creative, for-the-team performance.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:23 am