Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+56
Parks lives
Luis
Since 1888
Allez les rouges
Roger Hunt
L.r.d
Fade out
EMP
Pirlo
Tweesus
Protheus
shazlx
TM
Bashmachkin
Sheffield gunner
Batman
The Easter Bunny
MaRiukaS
SuperMario
Romford Pele
Hlebagone
anfield 1989
Rosicky
TITO
christmasborocooper
Puro
Jaime
blutgraetsche
gone
Luso
golsud
Pierre Littbarski
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Chocolate Thunder
DeLux
The Bulk
Super Progress
Hem fet un mal partit
BoBo Vieri 32
Murray
The Vermonster
Black Magic
Cesc Soler
abundance
Red n' Black
Sgoater1
Deano
COTR
Calidad
Lordanger
Machiavel
Tarun
DS
Dejan Savićević
fcb
bluenine
60 posters

Serie A Transfer Tracker - Rumours and Confirmed Deals

Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Serie A Transfer Tracker - Rumours and Confirmed Deals - Page 17 Empty Re: Serie A Transfer Tracker - Rumours and Confirmed Deals

Post by Tweesus Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:37 pm

bluenine wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:If Fiorentina were a couple of years away from being as good as Arsenal last season, does that make them just one year away from being as good as Arsenal this season?

Maybe we could get Bobi to do his player comparison test again
    Yes, I think so.

But of course Arsenal have the money to strengthen considerably very quickly, so its a moving target and no one can say. At the moment, there is not much of a difference between Arsenal and Fiorentina, its marginal. One season of CL exposure could easily bridge that gap.

We've made net profits on transfers almost year on year though Bluey. I'm pretty sure if you looked at the figures, Fiorentina would have spent more than us over the past 3/5 years in net spend terms.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Serie A Transfer Tracker - Rumours and Confirmed Deals - Page 17 Empty Re: Serie A Transfer Tracker - Rumours and Confirmed Deals

Post by bluenine Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:39 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    bluenine wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:If Fiorentina were a couple of years away from being as good as Arsenal last season, does that make them just one year away from being as good as Arsenal this season?

Yes, I think so.

But of course Arsenal have the money to strengthen considerably very quickly, so its a moving target and no one can say. At the moment, there is not much of a difference between Arsenal and Fiorentina, its marginal. One season of CL exposure could easily bridge that gap.

We've made net profits on transfers almost year on year though Bluey. I'm pretty sure if you looked at the figures, Fiorentina would have spent more than us over the past 3/5 years in net spend terms.
    All I am saying is that Arsenal HAVE far more money to spend.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:41 pm

bluenine wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:
    bluenine wrote:

Yes, I think so.

Do we though? We're currently having to pay tonnes of money each year on the stadium.
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:41 pm

Calidad wrote:Roma's campaign is shocking. Is Riise going to be their big signing?

Of course not don't be ridiculous. Spalletti has promised a high profile striker. Ale
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:41 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    Gigi Buffon #1 wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:
    Gigi Buffon #1 wrote:

Fiorentina finished in the top 4 for the third season running now.

Just

Arsenal came comfortably 3rd and were contending the title for more than half the season.

They were not challengers in the end though.

The gap between the top 4 and the rest in the EPL is quite large. In Serie A, there were actually a number of teams in the running for the CL places.

Only because the top four in the EPL are better than the top four in Serie A.

If the top four in the EPL were the same level as the top four in Serie A then I'd expect the challenge for CL places would have been a hell of a lot closer.
    And conversely, if Milan/Udinese/Doria were in EPL, I am sure the competition for Top 4 places would have been a hell of a lot closer...

There are 2 sides of that coin, tweeds...
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:43 pm

Deano said last season that he thought that West Ham's squad (who finished 10th) were better than Doria's.

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:46 pm

Desgraciats wrote:
    bluenine wrote:
    Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:Actually the idea that Arsenal are a team of kids is kind of false. They have Gallas, had Lehmann...I think their average age was 26.6 last year. That is not a young team.

Spain also proved that with the right coaching and team spirit kids can win you trophies, but perhaps only ones that have a knock-out format.

The problem with Arsenal, IMO, is that they lack the spirit of a big club, which is weird because they ARE a big club. They sell their best players and rebuild too often. They need more continuity.
    Its a vicious circle, isn't it? If you keep replacing your stars with kids, which results in a short term lack of trophies, then your kids who have become stars want to leave and join a team which wins trophies.... or at least invests enough to try and win trophies.

Spain starting XI looked more mature than Arsenal starting XI - have I got that wrong?

There were some youngsters in there, but youngsters with loads of experience from the league. Not like the average Arsenal youngsters used to the reserve matches. I don't really think you can compare them tbh

That's a good point. I didn't consider that aspect. You are right though--youngsters that come to Arsenal are poached at an early age.

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:46 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    bluenine wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:
    bluenine wrote:

Yes, I think so.

Do we though? We're currently having to pay tonnes of money each year on the stadium.

I was just going to say that...
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:48 pm

Tweedle wrote:Deano said last season that he thought that West Ham's squad (who finished 10th) were better than Doria's.
    Thats his opinion then.

Doria's squad is not very good, and has recently got worse.... It was the Cassano magic that worked, and their first team was very decent. That first team last season would take out Everton, forget West Ham... in the end, they were dominating teams like Fiorentina and Juventus, and who can forget the thrashing they gave Udinese!! Its sad that they have sold some of their best players....
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:51 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:
    bluenine wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:
    bluenine wrote:

Yes, I think so.

I was just going to say that...
    Correct me if I am wrong, but haven't you guys turned profitable ever since the shift to the new stadium?? The increase in money from the new stadium is far more than the annual payment of building it from what I understood - and thats how these deals usually work. And your balance sheet is probably 3 times the sized of Viola's.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:53 pm

bluenine wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:Deano said last season that he thought that West Ham's squad (who finished 10th) were better than Doria's.
    Thats his opinion then.

Doria's squad is not very good, and has recently got worse.... It was the Cassano magic that worked, and their first team was very decent. That first team last season would take out Everton, forget West Ham... in the end, they were dominating teams like Fiorentina and Juventus, and who can forget the thrashing they gave Udinese!! Its sad that they have sold some of their best players....

Well Everton went on a great run towards the end of last season too. Didn't do too badly in the UEFA cup either and were unlucky to go out to a top four Italian side...

Spurs, who man for man are better than all of the non CL Serie A teams barely finished in the top half of the EPL

We'll see how Doria do in the UEFA cup and judge on that shall we Wink
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:55 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    bluenine wrote:
    Thats his opinion then.

Well Everton went on a great run towards the end of last season too. Didn't do too badly in the UEFA cup either and were unlucky to go out to a top four Italian side...

Spurs, who man for man are better than all of the non CL Serie A teams barely finished in the top half of the EPL

We'll see how Doria do in the UEFA cup and judge on that shall we Wink
    Razz

Some of us can already judge coz we watch both the leagues Razz Razz Razz
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:57 pm

I probably watched more live Serie A games than EPL games last season Bluey!
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:58 pm

Which reminds me, a person at work the other day said Arsenal were $h!t...
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:01 pm

Gigi Buffon #1 wrote:

My point is that with him being a fan of both, he's in a good position to make a comparison.

If Arsenal are $h!t then pretty much all of football is $h!t and we should all just give it up as a sport
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:31 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    Gigi Buffon #1 wrote:

My point is that with him being a fan of both, he's in a good position to make a comparison.

If Arsenal are $h!t then pretty much all of football is $h!t and we should all just give it up as a sport

Well it seems that West Ham is his first team, but in the end it's just someone's opinion and nothing concrete.

Of course Arsenal aren't $h!t.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:03 am

Latest News: Penarol's Diego Rodriguez signs for Bologna; Jefferson joins Fiorentina, Giacomelli joins Inter; Comotto joins Viola; Corinthians RB Coelho joins Bologna, Zenoni joins Bologna; Knezevic signs for Juve, Vieri joins Atalanta; Zarate joins Lazio; German Denis joins Napoli; Amelia joins Palermo; Vargas joins Fiorentina!!

The Tracker for almost confirmed deals at top clubs (all prices in Euros - guesstimates used when involving player swaps):

Milan
    IN: Flamini; Borriello; Zambrotta; Abbiati; Antonini; Abate; Storari
    OUT: Serginho; Cafu; Oliveira; Gilardino; Gourcuff; Simic; Ba; Fiori; Di Gennaro; Antonini
    Inter
    IN: Adriano; Recoba; Giacomelli
    OUT: Solari; Maniche; Cesar
    Juve
    IN: Amauri; Giovinco; Albin Ekdal; Mellberg; Criscito; De Ceglie; Volpato; Marchisio; Knezevic
    OUT: Nocerino; Lanzafame; Palladino; Stendardo; Mirante; Volpato
    Roma
    IN: Riise; Loria; Esposito; Gusmao; Rosi
    OUT: Barrusso; Curci; Ferrari
    Fiorentina
    IN: Felipe Melo; Stevan Jovetic; Gilardino; Vargas; Comotto; Jefferson
    OUT: Ujfalusi; Liverani; Vanden Borre; Potenza; Cacia; Vieri
    Sampdoria
    IN: Cassano, Sammarco, Mirante, Stankevicius
    OUT: Maggio; Volpi; Flachi; Zenoni
    Palermo
    IN: Raggi; Liverani; Nocerino; Lanzafame; Amelia; Budan; Carrozzieri; Bovo; Kjaer; De Melo
    OUT: Zaccardo; Barzagli; Rinaudo; Amauri; Biava
    Napoli
    IN: Tomas Costa; Zalayeta; Blasi; Rinaudo; German Denis; Maggio;
    OUT: Sosa; Cupi; Capparella; Rullo; Calaio; Garics
    Lazio
    IN: Amoruso; Foggia; Radu; Meghni; Carrizo; Stendardo, Zarate; OUT: Bianchi
    Udinese
    IN: Langella; Floro Flores; Tissone; Pasquale; Sanchez; Motta
    OUT: Sivok; Dossena; Paolucci; Mesto; Zapotocny
    Bologna
    IN: Volpi; Bernacci; Coda; Paonessa; Zenoni; Coelho; Rodriguez
    OUT: Di Gennaro; Bucchi

Genoa
    IN: Polenta, Modesto, Di Gennaro, Gasbarroni, Potenza, Biava, Mesto; Vanden Borre; Palladino; Criscito
    OUT: Borriello, Bovo, Konko, Fabiano, Santos; Ledesma

Rumours:
    - Drogba/Eto'o/Veloso/Ashravin/Ferrari/Dinho to Milan
    - Tavano/Ferrari to Fiorentina
    - Poulsen/Stankovic/Alonso/Senna/Arda to Juve
    - Aimar/Di Natale/Obinna to Napoli
    - Quaresma/Lampard/Zhirkov/Mancini/Carlos Alberto to Inter

- Crespo/Suazo/Di Natale to Roma
    - Shevchenko/Crespo to Sampdoria
    - Pavlychenko to Bologna
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Pierre Littbarski Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:13 am

English top 4 better than Serie A top 4 and outside of top 4 EPL still stronger.

Wrong for people to right off the league though - Udine isn't a big budget team but how many mil is their squad worth ?!

They'd give any side from any league a hell of a battle.

Napoli were only mid table and have a good squad too.

EPL is more entertaining the sense that games can be played at a frenetic pace, end to end and teams never give up so u get amazing comebacks.

Serie is more entertaining in teh sense that the skill level is higher.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:25 am

Well of course it was...considering the injuries we had all season, I'm amazed we managed 10th place! Makes me think that had we kept most of our best players fit...we'd be in the UEFA Cup.

Without injuries the West Ham squad is better than Doria...same as the first team. Obviously the Premiership is a stronger league and teams are stronger from 1st to 20th. The Samp first team was very good and would probably have made top 10 in the Premiership.

Regardless of what Bluey thinks...I'm pretty sure that the 2nd bracket of Premiership teams (Tottenham, Everton, Aston Villa, West Ham, Man City etc) with fully fit squads would make up 5th to 10th or whatever ahead of Palermo, Udinese, Sampdoria etc...as they all have stronger squads. I don't believe these teams would make a better job of challenging our top 4 than our current 2nd bracket of teams would.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Post by Pierre Littbarski Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:41 am

Deano-Forza Italia wrote:

Well of course it was...considering the injuries we had all season, I'm amazed we managed 10th place! Makes me think that had we kept most of our best players fit...we'd be in the UEFA Cup.

Without injuries the West Ham squad is better than Doria...same as the first team. Obviously the Premiership is a stronger league and teams are stronger from 1st to 20th. The Samp first team was very good and would probably have made top 10 in the Premiership.

Regardless of what Bluey thinks...I'm pretty sure that the 2nd bracket of Premiership teams (Tottenham, Everton, Aston Villa, West Ham, Man City etc) with fully fit squads would make up 5th to 10th or whatever ahead of Palermo, Udinese, Sampdoria etc...as they all have stronger squads. I don't believe these teams would make a better job of challenging our top 4 than our current 2nd bracket of teams would.

I would differ slightly here.

Everton bossed Fiorentina at Goodison to some extent because they had to being 2-0 down.

Although 2-0 isn't a hammering its no exagerration to say that Fiorentina humiliated Everton in Italy and gave them a total football lesson.

Udinese are there or there abouts with fiorentina and I see no reason why Udine would do worse than Everton, Man C or WHU.

Tables are funny too 'cos Everton finished higher than Villa but Villa are the better side of the 2.
    gone
    gone

Number of posts : 3455
    Supports : Steaua
    Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by gone Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:44 am

Well of course it was...

This just proves Doria is $h!t. Laughing Genoa an the other hand is better then West Ham.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:47 am

I personally think Udinese are $h!t...but there you go, I guess everyone has different opinions on teams.

The thing is...I was counting Fiorentina in the top bracket, not the same one as Everton. I mean take the top 4 away from both leagues and look at the next set of teams for both leagues...I'm pretty certain the Premiership ones are stronger.

@Gone...how do you work that one out? Genoa did worse and are not better. You hyped them up to f@ck and they failed...no surprise there for me. Genoa would not finish top 10 in the Premiership...even with a fully fit squad.
    gone
    gone

Post by gone Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:52 am

Deano-Forza Italia wrote:I personally think Udinese are $h!t...but there you go, I guess everyone has different opinions on teams.

The thing is...I was counting Fiorentina in the top bracket, not the same one as Everton. I mean take the top 4 away from both leagues and look at the next set of teams for both leagues...I'm pretty certain the Premiership ones are stronger.

@Gone...how do you work that one out? Genoa did worse and are not better. You hyped them up to f@ck and they failed...no surprise there for me. Genoa would not finish top 10 in the Premiership...even with a fully fit squad.

Genoa have a better squad. You where lucky with Cassano. Now, after the transfers this summer, Genoa is much better and they should fight for an UEFA Cup place in Seria A. If they would have played in EPL same thing.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:53 am

Fair enough, thats your opinion.

Personally, I think Milan and Udinese last season were better than any team in EPL outside the top 4. Sampdoria too in the last two months.

EPL may be a stronger league all things considered, but to say that all teams from 1st to 20th are stronger is a HUGE exaggeration. But then somehow this country loves top overate teams/players when things look good, and then under rate the same team/player when things go wrong. EPL teams did very well in the CL last season, and suddenly people are going over the top. Many people in this country actually believe that the EPL top 4 are better than any Italian team... it is funny, sometimes.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Post by Pierre Littbarski Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:54 am

Genoa Cricket and Football Club <Ale>
    gone
    gone

Post by gone Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:56 am

Pierre Littbarski wrote:Genoa Cricket and Football Club <Ale>

The best team in Zena.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:01 am

@Gone...We have sold some our decent players again yes...but give us time to replace them. I think the only way we can judge squads is when the transfer window is shut.

@Bluey...the Premiership is stronger, it's that simple. No I didn't forget Milan. Maybe you have to say there is a top 5 in Italy...rather than a top 4. I still don't think the next bracket of teams in Serie A are as good as the ones in the Premiership. The difference after that is even bigger.

The best team in Zena...who have failed to win a single trophy since Sampdoria were established as a football club <Ale>.
    gone
    gone

Post by gone Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:10 am

Deano-Forza Italia wrote:@Gone...We have sold some our decent players again yes...but give us time to replace them. I think the only way we can judge squads is when the transfer window is shut.

@Bluey...the Premiership is stronger, it's that simple. No I didn't forget Milan. Maybe you have to say there is a top 5 in Italy...rather than a top 4. I still don't think the next bracket of teams in Serie A are as good as the ones in the Premiership. The difference after that is even bigger.

The best team in Zena...who have failed to win a single trophy since Sampdoria were established as a football club <Ale>.

And you've won so much. Laughing

Genoa: 9 titles
    Sampdoria: 1 title

Says it all really.

And the most loved team in Zena (they have more supporters in B then you had in A).
    gone
    gone

Post by gone Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:13 am

Off-topic,

Deano, the best West Ham team in the last 10-20 years vs The worst Steaua team in the last 10-20 years. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e80F8hN0Awg
    DeLux
    DeLux

Number of posts : 4399
    Supports : Celta Vigo
    Favourite Player : Mostovoi, Xavi, David Silva, Valerón, Raúl
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by DeLux Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:13 am

Diego Milito's interested in returning back to Genoa

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:41 pm