Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
fcb
Sgoater1
Deluded F*ck™
Onur 1905
Football Genius
Luis
SuperMario
debaser
Pierre Littbarski
13 posters

Croatia v Turkey - who will progress

Poll

who will win ?

[ 19 ]
    Croatia v Turkey - who will progress Bar_left73%Croatia v Turkey - who will progress Bar_right [73%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Croatia v Turkey - who will progress Bar_left27%Croatia v Turkey - who will progress Bar_right [27%] 

Total Votes: 26
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Croatia v Turkey - who will progress Empty Croatia v Turkey - who will progress

Post by Pierre Littbarski Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:14 pm

?
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Croatia v Turkey - who will progress Empty Re: Croatia v Turkey - who will progress

Post by debaser Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:15 pm

I'm saying Croatia, but I expect it to be tight.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Croatia v Turkey - who will progress Empty Re: Croatia v Turkey - who will progress

Post by Pierre Littbarski Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:15 pm

Croatia
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:16 pm

Croatia, because they're have more matchsmartness. Very mature team.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:18 pm

Turkey, if not I will suck my own balls and you can quote me on this <Ale>
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743

Post by Football Genius Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:27 pm

Turkey i feel might be mentality exhausted after their last performance, putting that effort and application in one game is one thing - doing it twice for me is debateable. It's one thing being tired physically, being mentally tired is quite something else... and after their rollercoaster of a game againsts the Czechs i feel this may be one step too far.

Croatia are obviously solid, although i do have my suspicions about their defence, particularly as the tournament progresses, if for example they conceed, this puts a lot of pressure on their attack to redeem the game, and although competent their isn't one person you can look for each game who will get Croatia a goal - in saying this if the Turks defence doesn't recover from their recent injuries then this could quite easily help Croatia as gaps and mistakes could quite conceivably be made.
    Onur 1905
    Onur 1905

Number of posts : 243
    Supports : Galatasaray
    Favourite Player : Hagi, Arda, Kewell
    Registration date : 2007-12-02

Post by Onur 1905 Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:41 pm

i hope so we will have won that night
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:44 pm

Do not think Turkey will be mentally exhausted. They'll be up for it, they know anything is possible now after coming back from 2-0 v the Czechs down. Such a comeback gives such a mental boost.
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Post by Football Genius Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:47 pm

Don Leo wrote:Do not think Turkey will be mentally exhausted. They'll be up for it, they know anything is possible now after coming back from 2-0 v the Czechs down. Such a comeback gives such a mental boost.

I mean't exhaustion by not being absolutely focused - they will be on a high, my question i pose is - will they be able to calm down again and focus / concentrate, i don't know if you've played much half decent competitive football, but after a high like that mid tournament its very difficult to retain the right focus, and i'm not sure the mentality of the Turkish coach helps the players as he is very emotional and energetic, i would possibly argue that the Turks need calm heads around the place now as opposed to a rallying charge...
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:58 pm

Turkey are a much more disciplined team, but all their CB's are banged up, and Rustu will be playing out of Semi-retirement. The Croats, are hungry, focused and together, and should edge it - but the Turks are capable of absolutely anything, as we've seen..

Will be a great spectacle though, both good footballing teams, both have pro-active coaches who wear their hearts on their sleeves, and the 2 sets of fans are probably the most passionate in the tourney.

Looking forward to it.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Sgoater1 Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:02 pm

Croatia have a real winning mentality at the moment and will do it. They are a great team playing possibly abov themselves, they are a really dangerous prospect and i think they will beat Turkey and could even win the whole thing.
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Post by Football Genius Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:12 pm

Sgoater1 wrote:Croatia have a real winning mentality at the moment and will do it. They are a great team playing possibly abov themselves, they are a really dangerous prospect and i think they will beat Turkey and could even win the whole thing.

Slaven Bilić has installed a real resilience into the team, HOWEVER - there are some interesting questions, Bilic has got his team fired up to believe they can be as good if not better than some of the more recognised nations, what will happen if they start conceeding the game to a less glamorous team? will he install the same mentality or will he become frustrated, the one attribute i don't believe Croatia have is a 'gung ho' option, which may ultimately cost them if they need a goal in the last ten minutes for example, it is a real test for Bilic and Croatia as to how good they really can be.

Because its you Goats, you could put some similarities to your City team - do the double over Man United as the players are fired up, yet have lost focus and performance against so called lesser teams...

My money is on Croatia, but Bilic is yet to be tested under knock out pressure IMO
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Sgoater1 Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:32 pm

Football Genius wrote:
    Sgoater1 wrote:Croatia have a real winning mentality at the moment and will do it. They are a great team playing possibly abov themselves, they are a really dangerous prospect and i think they will beat Turkey and could even win the whole thing.

Slaven Bilić has installed a real resilience into the team, HOWEVER - there are some interesting questions, Bilic has got his team fired up to believe they can be as good if not better than some of the more recognised nations, what will happen if they start conceeding the game to a less glamorous team? will he install the same mentality or will he become frustrated, the one attribute i don't believe Croatia have is a 'gung ho' option, which may ultimately cost them if they need a goal in the last ten minutes for example, it is a real test for Bilic and Croatia as to how good they really can be.

Because its you Goats, you could put some similarities to your City team - do the double over Man United as the players are fired up, yet have lost focus and performance against so called lesser teams...

My money is on Croatia, but Bilic is yet to be tested under knock out pressure IMO

Yeah good point. Although we know how important confidence and strong mental attitude is in football, we have seen Porto win the Champs and Greece win the Euro's amongst others, maybe now its Croatia's turn.
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Post by Football Genius Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:43 pm

I don't write anybody off at this point, i know very well how teams can do well in knock out situations (liverpool weren't given a chance in the 2005 Champs league season come the knock out stages)

I personally think lightening won't strike twice, i.e a team of a lesser performance capacity will deliver like Greece did in 2004, Holland or Portugal for my money, i can see the Portuguese players wanting to win it for Scolari as he is off, and for the same reasons Scolari being more focused than ever...
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:19 am

No-one has mentioned Turkey's injury list - they have 7 players out through injury or suspension, including their keeper as well as key midfielders like Mehmet Aurelio and Emre. The giant CB Servet is also injured.

Add in the fact that they had a mentally and physically draining last match against the Czechs, while Croatia cruised and rested players, and it all points to a Croatia win. But they will have to avoid making the same mistake as the Czechs and relaxing, which is a particular danger considering how badly Croatia faded after leading 1-0 in their first match against Austria.
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:33 am

Hopefully Turkey.
    gone
    gone

Number of posts : 3455
    Supports : Steaua
    Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by gone Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:48 am

Croatia, but I hope Turkey will win.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:22 pm

kas wrote:No-one has mentioned Turkey's injury list - they have 7 players out through injury or suspension, including their keeper as well as key midfielders like Mehmet Aurelio and Emre. The giant CB Servet is also injured.

Add in the fact that they had a mentally and physically draining last match against the Czechs, while Croatia cruised and rested players, and it all points to a Croatia win. But they will have to avoid making the same mistake as the Czechs and relaxing, which is a particular danger considering how badly Croatia faded after leading 1-0 in their first match against Austria.

Giovani Dos Spurs™️ wrote:Turkey are a much more disciplined team, but all their CB's are banged up, and Rustu will be playing out of Semi-retirement. The Croats, are hungry, focused and together, and should edge it - but the Turks are capable of absolutely anything, as we've seen..

Will be a great spectacle though, both good footballing teams, both have pro-active coaches who wear their hearts on their sleeves, and the 2 sets of fans are probably the most passionate in the tourney.

Looking forward to it.

Rolling Eyes Wink
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona

Post by fcb Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:45 pm

But you didn't mention the midfielders Razz
    dont panic!
    dont panic!

Number of posts : 965

Post by dont panic! Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:48 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:?

croatia..its a no brainer..turkey are pants..
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:56 pm

Turks again I reckon Ale

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:57 pm