Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

How will you rate Euro 2008?

TITO
    TITO

Number of posts : 3155
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

How will you rate Euro 2008? Empty How will you rate Euro 2008?

Post by TITO Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:49 pm

In terms of:
    Quality
    Excitement
    Fair play
    Heart attacks
    Individual preformances
    Team performances
    Ref
    Coaching
    Fans
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

How will you rate Euro 2008? Empty Re: How will you rate Euro 2008?

Post by Puro Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:56 pm

Great tournament overall. Food for thought, albeit it was only a friendly, Spain NEEDED a goal at the death to defeat Perú minus Farfán, Pizarro, Acasiete, Mendoza, Guizasola, Zambrano. All of their technical skills were nullified by the equally technical Peruvians. In addition, Spain also struggled to beat USA.

Like I say, it was just friendly matches, but it makes you wonder nevertheless. <Ale>
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:00 pm

Puro wrote:Great tournament overall. Food for thought, albeit it was only a friendly, Spain NEEDED a goal at the death to defeat Perú minus Farfán, Pizarro, Acasiete, Mendoza, Guizasola, Zambrano. All of their technical skills were nullified by the equally technical Peruvians. In addition, Spain also struggled to beat USA.

Like I say, it was just friendly matches, but it makes you wonder nevertheless. <Ale>

What happened against Uruguay the other day then? What was it, 6-0? scratch
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:02 pm

El Kimbo wrote:
    Puro wrote:Great tournament overall. Food for thought, albeit it was only a friendly, Spain NEEDED a goal at the death to defeat Perú minus Farfán, Pizarro, Acasiete, Mendoza, Guizasola, Zambrano. All of their technical skills were nullified by the equally technical Peruvians. In addition, Spain also struggled to beat USA.

That's what I mean by the Burga effect on Perú. The football directors are the cancer in our football. There's a NINE GOAL turnaround against Uruguay. We beat them 3-0 in Copa América less than a year ago. <Ale>
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:05 pm

sunny nice attempt to hang Peru on the coat-tails of Spain's success.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:11 pm

Guerrero > Torres
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:11 pm

Puro wrote:
    El Kimbo wrote:

That's what I mean by the Burga effect on Perú. The football directors are the cancer in our football. There's a NINE GOAL turnaround against Uruguay. We beat them 3-0 in Copa América less than a year ago. <Ale>

I still don't understand. Were the directors actually playing in the game?
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:20 am

El Kimbo wrote:
    I still don't understand. Were the directors actually playing in the game?

The directors are just stealing every dollar that the national team and Peruvian football generate. Just in this qualifiers for WC 2010, they fired the coach 2 months before qualifiers kicked off (that's 10 coaches in 10 years!).

They reneged on previously agreed monies per points won. After the home draw against Brasil, they told the players they weren't getting any money for that. The Pizarro's, Farfán's, Guerrero's, Vargas', Solano's aren't too much affected, but the local players really look forward to getting that extra cash. They EARNED it.

The team morale was broken. Some players refused to fly to Ecuador (next game). Pizarro as the captain himself paid the supposedly agreed cash to his teammates. They went to Ecuador, and some of the starters did not play because one of the directors (Cienciano team president) argued that his Cienciano players should play in Quito's altitude. The coach is their puppet so he had no problem with that.

With the team broken, the team got crushed 5-1 by Ecuador. The directors in an attempt to cover their fiasco, blamed the loss on the players partying in Lima. Pizarro was blamed even though he did not do anything. It just came out that Pizarro was made the sacrificial lamb because he argued with Burga about not paying his players their due money.

And so much more...and more and more... <Ale>

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:00 pm