Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Ernesto Paoillo - CEO Internazionale

EMP
    EMP

Number of posts : 7384
    Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
    Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Ernesto Paoillo - CEO Internazionale Empty Ernesto Paoillo - CEO Internazionale

Post by EMP Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:59 am

Here are some comments by Ernesto Paoillo mainly on Champions League expectations.

On CL Draw:

Not [worried] in any way. It could be worse. We will start in September. I will tell you at the end of the tournament

On suggestion that it will be easy to beat Panthinaikos:

You know; you must never say that when you're to play. Sometimes it could be more difficult than you forecast and you know that also to play against good teams like that could be very dangerous.

On CL targets:

You know I can tell you what is our target. The target of course is of course to try to win. The dream is to take the cup in Rome; the target is to win the first match.

On other oppnents:

Panathinaikos we know, but we have not played against the other one [Anorthosis] up to now, but we know them, because we saw the players; we saw the team and we know they are very strong and good and you have another player de Juan that is very good for you. We know Werder Bremen and they are better now than some years ago, much more technical with the quality. We don't know anything about Famagusta and so we must play much more better.

On bringing in new players for CL:

I don't think so, but you know at the last moment something can happen, but now we feel that the team is now already very good. You know if they offer something – some player – and this player is of good quality and the price reasonable, why not, but our intention is to play with this team.

On Africa you lot are too racist to deserve them Wink
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Ernesto Paoillo - CEO Internazionale Empty Re: Ernesto Paoillo - CEO Internazionale

Post by bluenine Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:11 am

EMP wrote:On Africa you lot are too racist to deserve them Wink

????
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Ernesto Paoillo - CEO Internazionale Empty Re: Ernesto Paoillo - CEO Internazionale

Post by Tweesus Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:39 pm

Ahh... come on EMP....
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Axeslammer Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:06 pm

EMP wrote:
    Axeslammer wrote:
    EMP wrote:
    bluenine wrote:
    EMP wrote:On Africa you lot are too racist to deserve them Wink

????

Wink is the key. Also it is part of my mysterious job. farao

I've been thinking along those lines for a while now : something to do with social studies ?

Behaviour in sports (football) as a reflection of integration and segregation of races/black people in society ?

You mean my job?

Yep
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:16 pm

EMP wrote:

In that case congratualtaions Axe ... you have found another very small part of what I do, but not my job.

You do realize you're driving me up the walls ?

Smile
    EMP
    EMP

Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,

Post by EMP Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:24 pm

Axeslammer wrote:
    EMP wrote:

In that case congratualtaions Axe ... you have found another very small part of what I do, but not my job.

You do realize you're driving me up the walls ?

Smile

Yep. farao You deserve at least one for your efforts.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:25 pm

In that case you might well be the right person to ask this question EMP (anyone else is of course welcome to enlighten me too) : what is nowadays the correct way to specify someone with a dark skin color ?

There are subtle differences between calling them black/coloured/negro etc.

I have the impression that the most neutral/pc term in English is "black".

In order of declining pc-ness :

black
    negro
    coloured (especially disliked in the USA ?)
    n****r (Erm)

Do I have that right ? For a non-native speaker it's often difficult to pick up the subtleties going along with the different words, while there is a lot of "weight" attached to those differences...

Would be (kind of) funny that in Holland the order of pc-ness is just the reverse :

- gekleurd (=coloured)
    - neger/negroïde (=negro)
    - zwart (=black)
    - nikker (=even more un-pc than in English)
    EMP
    EMP

Post by EMP Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:32 pm

Pretty much right Axe, but negro really isn't used any more. Coloured tends to be used by older people. Some black people take offence at it too. Basically it stems from 70s and 80s attempts to unite African-Caribbeans and Asians - a thankless task as neither group is homogenous anyway. For example you find loads of divisions between Tobagans and Trinidadians - and the Indian extraction people and between the various countries in the subcontinent and in India you find serious divisions within the various states and that is just for starters.
    EMP
    EMP

Post by EMP Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:58 pm

By the way, what did people think of what Paoillo said?
    abundance
    abundance

Number of posts : 1514
    Supports : FC Inter
    Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:25 pm

emp the only meaningful thing that emerges is that among your work duties you have to take part to press events, coz those Paolillo comments are so purely vacuous, dull and obvious they can only come from a talk with journalists =)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:19 am