Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
christmasborocooper
Murray
Pirlo
Dejan Savićević
Tarun
stinger
Super Progress
L r dd
Black Magic
OrangeSky
BoBo Vieri 32
Romford Pele
Fey
Kroos
Ricardo Jol
Fade out
Axeslammer
bluenine
22 posters

Roma vs Internazionale!!

bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Roma vs Internazionale!! Empty Roma vs Internazionale!!

Post by bluenine Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:36 am

This one makes me nervous. Roma are unbeaten in 20 games, while Inter have been in indifferent form lately.

I would take a draw!
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Roma vs Internazionale!! Empty Re: Roma vs Internazionale!!

Post by Axeslammer Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:18 am

I would take a football match Ale
    Fade out
    Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
    Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:46 am

Axeslammer wrote:I would take a football match Ale

Laugh ok
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:48 am

bluenine wrote:This one makes me nervous. Roma are unbeaten in 20 games, while Inter have been in indifferent form lately.

I would take a draw!

But the good news is Christian "Cech" Chivu is back...
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:56 am

lol! lol! hilarious
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:30 am

Roma vs Internazionale!! Lol Roma vs Internazionale!! Lol
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:38 am

lol!
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:24 pm

I hear ya, mate.... coz you hardly ever get to see one in eredivisie Razz
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:57 pm

bluenine wrote:

I hear ya, mate.... coz you hardly ever get to see one in eredivisie Razz

We ourselves call the Eredivisie a Mickey Mouse league : we know where we stand in the scope of things.

Yet the Juventus - Inter match of this year is *still* a running joke amongst Dutch pundits and analysts....

We might have lesser quality players, but when they do get on the pitch at least they try to play football Ale
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:10 pm

are you excited to see your favourite player, Luca Toni ? Smile

I don't think anyone would claim Inter or Juve play champagne football. Footballing wise it was a crap match, but i guess that's what most poeple would have expected. Don't think it really fully represents Serie A though.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:27 pm

Ricardo Wetzel wrote:
    bluenine wrote:This one makes me nervous. Roma are unbeaten in 20 games, while Inter have been in indifferent form lately.

I would take a draw!

But the good news is Christian "Cech" Chivu is back...

Yup, he is back and he did well... this allows Zanetti to play in the midfield.
    OrangeSky
    OrangeSky

Number of posts : 363
    Supports : AFC Ajax
    Favourite Player : Dennis Bergkamp
    Registration date : 2009-12-28

Post by OrangeSky Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:25 pm

Roma has conceeded 9 goals in their last 5 fixtures, and against sides like Livorno. But then again, at home, and against Inter they usually pull it together. I'm not sure what will happen in this one, but I gave up on this country's title race in October, so I expect everyone to talk it up and Inter to prove once again why they are the best team in this country. Rolling Eyes

Nothing like a sold out Roma home game though. Hopefully the wonderful Roma fans can come out and really back their side in this fixture. Show the people of Milan why they are better so to speak. Wink
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:05 pm

OrangeSky wrote:Roma has conceeded 9 goals in their last 5 fixtures, and against sides like Livorno. But then again, at home, and against Inter they usually pull it together. I'm not sure what will happen in this one, but I gave up on this country's title race in October, so I expect everyone to talk it up and Inter to prove once again why they are the best team in this country. Rolling Eyes

Nothing like a sold out Roma home game though. Hopefully the wonderful Roma fans can come out and really back their side in this fixture. Show the people of Milan why they are better so to speak. Wink

We havent beaten Livorno in the last 12 games. What do you mean side like Livorno!?
    OrangeSky
    OrangeSky

Post by OrangeSky Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:07 pm

Black Magic wrote:
    OrangeSky wrote:Roma has conceeded 9 goals in their last 5 fixtures, and against sides like Livorno. But then again, at home, and against Inter they usually pull it together. I'm not sure what will happen in this one, but I gave up on this country's title race in October, so I expect everyone to talk it up and Inter to prove once again why they are the best team in this country. Rolling Eyes

We havent beaten Livorno in the last 12 games. What do you mean side like Livorno!?

Livorno is the worst team in the league. There really is no excuse why the team in the title race cannot manage to beat Livorno.
    L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:10 pm

OrangeSky wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:

Livorno is the worst team in the league. There really is no excuse why the team in the title race cannot manage to beat Livorno.

Sometimes you get that though. A team that always fails against a certain team. Less so these days but in the past i remember we(man utd) used to usually fuck up against southampton despite them being shite.
    OrangeSky
    OrangeSky

Post by OrangeSky Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:15 pm

L r dd wrote:
    OrangeSky wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:

Sometimes you get that though. A team that always fails against a certain team. Less so these days but in the past i remember we(man utd) used to usually fuck up against southampton despite them being shite.

I watched that game. They had more ball posession, they throw a way a penalty and to top it off caused a penalty against themselves. I think you just have to be a little bit more clinicial when you are in the title race.

I understand what the both of you are saying, but I think they as a collective unit could have performed better.
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:18 pm

L r dd wrote:
    OrangeSky wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:

ok

Livorno being 12 consecutive games unbeaten against a side that is consistently better than them is unexplainable, unfathomable even, but sometimes you get a mental block against sides. Livorno also very clearly relish playing against Roma. There have been games where 3 points were in greater need, just hasnt happened and its not like we were outplayed, just somehow managed to end the game without a win. One of those things really.
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:21 pm

OrangeSky wrote:
    L r dd wrote:
    OrangeSky wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:

I watched that game. They had more ball posession, they throw a way a penalty and to top it off caused a penalty against themselves. I think you just have to be a little bit more clinicial when you are in the title race.

I understand what the both of you are saying, but I think they as a collective unit could have performed better.

We've fucked up from worse positions against them Ale

In the 07/08 season with 4 games to play, Livorno scored the equaliser from a free kick with something like 8 minutes left in the match. Roma draw at the Olimpico, fail to go just one point off Inter in the table, fail to win the Scudetto that season.
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:27 pm

Totti is available. Will Ranieri go with Vucinic, Toni and Totti in the starting line up? It would certainly go against his character of being a little bitch.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:45 pm

That is exactly how I feel about this one. Would love to see Roma take it and go on to win because it would really put pressure on Inter who have some difficult games soon. On the other hand if Inter take it I think it is over.
    stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:07 pm

lol!
    Tarun
    Tarun

Number of posts : 3087
    Supports : Juventus
    Favourite Player : Del Piero, Gianluigi Buffon
    Registration date : 2007-01-16

Post by Tarun Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:38 pm

And with Roma being one of the sides you can expect that
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:35 pm

Thats priceless.... a Juve fan taking a shot at Inter's football style Razz
    Tarun wrote:And with Roma being one of the sides you can expect that
    Dejan Savićević
    Dejan Savićević

Number of posts : 2921
    Supports : A.C. Milan/Italy
    Favourite Player : Lionel Messi, Andrés Iniesta, Xavi
    Registration date : 2007-01-26

Post by Dejan Savićević Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:27 pm

bluenine wrote:Thats priceless.... a Juve fan taking a shot at Inter's football style Razz

Lol Smile
    Tarun
    Tarun

Number of posts : 3087
    Supports : Juventus
    Favourite Player : Del Piero, Gianluigi Buffon
    Registration date : 2007-01-16

Post by Tarun Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:45 pm

Why...what's wrong? It's a fact that Roma play more attractive football than Inter and Juve. If it was a Roma Juve match I would not have problems admitting that. I guess that rare single display against Chelsea has got into the heads of Inter fans & they really believe that's how Inter always is Wink

bluenine wrote:Thats priceless.... a Juve fan taking a shot at Inter's football style Razz
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
    Supports : AC Milan
    Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:54 am

What display against Chelsea?

It was unwatchable drivel from both sides.

If Inter win then absolutely it's all over.

If Roma win and forbid Milan somehow manage to put away more chances than they let in, then it could be back on.

Regardless, i still expect Inter to win the league because they have more stamina and a better overall squad and my opinion on that hasn't changed at all.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:04 am

Inter play for more attactive football than Juve, my friend. Its not even in the same bracket Razz

Sure, sides like Fiorentina & maybe Roma are more attractive to watch (Roma not so much these days with Ranieri's pragmatism).

But then, this is football. Its about winning. Like they say in Italy, if you want entertainment, go to the circus.

Tarun wrote:Why...what's wrong? It's a fact that Roma play more attractive football than Inter and Juve. If it was a Roma Juve match I would not have problems admitting that. I guess that rare single display against Chelsea has got into the heads of Inter fans & they really believe that's how Inter always is Wink

Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:42 am

bluenine wrote:Inter play for more attactive football than Juve, my friend. Its not even in the same bracket Razz

Sure, sides like Fiorentina & maybe Roma are more attractive to watch (Roma not so much these days with Ranieri's pragmatism).

But then, this is football. Its about winning. Like they say in Italy, if you want entertainment, go to the circus.

Tarun wrote:Why...what's wrong? It's a fact that Roma play more attractive football than Inter and Juve. If it was a Roma Juve match I would not have problems admitting that. I guess that rare single display against Chelsea has got into the heads of Inter fans & they really believe that's how Inter always is Wink

but, why do you have to go to football then...? to see no entertainment...? Rolling Eyes
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:49 am

Ricardo Wetzel wrote:
    bluenine wrote:Inter play for more attactive football than Juve, my friend. Its not even in the same bracket Razz

but, why do you have to go to football then...?to see no entertainment...? Rolling Eyes
    To see quality skill in all areas of the pitch, to see a contest, to see your team trying their best to win, to feel the passion and experience the highs & lows of the game.....

To most Italians, football is not about showboating, its a competitive sport and a bit more than that. If you only want entertainment & nothing else, then football is not your game - thats essentially what that phrase alludes to.

I know thats not the dutch way.... however, the Italian philosophy of this game resonates more with me.... to each his own.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:01 pm

Facking ESPN is not showing this game live Sad

Line ups:

Roma: 27 Julio Sergio; 77 Cassetti, 4 Juan, 29 Burdisso, 17 Riise; 20 Perrotta, 7 Pizarro, 16 De Rossi; 94 Menez; 39 Toni, 9 Vucinic.
    Roma bench: 32 Doni, 5 Mexes, 10 Totti, 11 Taddei, 19 Baptista, 22 Tonetto, 33 Brighi

Inter: 12 Julio Cesar; 13 Maicon, 6 Lucio, 25 Samuel, 4 Zanetti; 5 Stankovic, 19 Cambiasso, 8 Thiago Motta; 10 Sneijder; 9 Eto'o, 22 Milito.
    Inter bench: 1 Toldo, 2 Cordoba, 7 Quaresma, 11 Muntari, 23 Materazzi, 26 Chivu, 27 Pandev

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:27 am