Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+37
Parks lives
110%
The Easter Bunny
Glenarch of the Glen
Pierre Littbarski
Football Genius
stinger
Murray
Bashmachkin
shazlx
Z
Fey
Dwarf
Sheffield gunner
Brian2468
Di Caniooooo!
L.r.d
fcb
COTR
Kimbo
Ricardo Jol
Romford Pele
Rosicky
The Pröfessör
golsud
S4P
Tom
Sgoater1
SuperMario
Chocolate Thunder
Luis
Tweesus
debaser
DS
Deano
christmasborocooper
Cesc Soler
41 posters

Premier League 13th-15th September Discussion Thread

Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Premier League 13th-15th September Discussion Thread Empty Premier League 13th-15th September Discussion Thread

Post by Cesc Soler Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:07 am

Premier League 13th-15th September Discussion Thread 269752300pxpremre2 . . . . Premier League 13th-15th September Discussion Thread Premleaguetitledz4 . . . . Premier League 13th-15th September Discussion Thread 269752300pxpremre2

Saturday 13th September

Liverpool vs. Manchester United (12:45) Premier League 13th-15th September Discussion Thread Ss1
    Blackburn Rovers vs. Arsenal (15:00)
    Fulham vs. Bolton Wanderers (15:00)
    Newcastle United vs. Hull City (15:00)
    Portsmouth vs. Middlesbrough (15:00)
    West Bromwich Albion vs. West Ham United (15:00)
    Wigan Athletic vs. Sunderland (15:00)
    Manchester City vs. Chelsea (17:15) Premier League 13th-15th September Discussion Thread 24q66vl

Sunday 14th September

Stoke City vs. Everton (13:30) Premier League 13th-15th September Discussion Thread Ss1

Monday 15th September

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Aston Villa (20:00) Premier League 13th-15th September Discussion Thread 24q66vl
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Premier League 13th-15th September Discussion Thread Empty Re: Premier League 13th-15th September Discussion Thread

Post by christmasborocooper Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:21 am

Tough game for us..we often struggle away to Pompy so im not expecting a win even if they did have a poor(ish) start to the season..Crouch and Defoe look like they're finally getting themselves a partnership too. Draw would be great.
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Premier League 13th-15th September Discussion Thread Empty Re: Premier League 13th-15th September Discussion Thread

Post by Cesc Soler Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:31 am

You got a win at Fratton Park last season though. It should be a very close game. Equally I am quite wary of our trip to Ewood Park, a week later we are up north again at the Reebok stadium. I suppose from our point of view it is better to get both these fixtures out of the way when the conditions are still good.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:44 am

Yeah we scraped a win last season but other than that its been either 0-0s or they've beaten us..and there was that 5-1 win they had over us when Yak scored 4 for them. Nevertheless, we're both different teams this year and i'll still have a bit of hope but I just never expect much out of this tie, same when we play Villa for some reason, just something in my mind.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deano Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:42 am

Gianfranco will start away at West Brom...let's hope he gets a win, to lift the mood.
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:01 am

Preferred formations ?
    What are his type of players ?
    Any idea ?
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:51 am

don't have high hopes for Villa at Spurs. We drew 4-4 there last time, but I think, with the new signings and being overdue a win and boosted by draw at Chelsea, Spurs will win it. Bastards.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:46 pm

I'm not so sure. Spurs seem to be struggling to get the best out of their players atm and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them lose this one.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:26 pm

There's some tasty games this weekend after a pretty unaventful first 2 weeks of the Premier league season. Obviously there's the Liverpool-United game being discussed in another thread but the other eye catching games for me are City- Chelsea, Blackburn - Arsenal (always a test to see who has what it takes to win the premier league IMO) and Spurs- Villa.
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:34 pm

Yep, besides the obvious game the three games Lulu mentioned are interesting match-ups that are fairly hard to predict.
    A draw in all 3 is a distinct possibilty, though with Fowler set to be part of the squad to take on Aresnal, I'm hoping he could pop with a few goals in a few minutes Laughing

What is also important to note is these games are obviously played after the international break and this could go prove a vital role in every game this weekend.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:34 pm

hope RVP still has Blackburn's number.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:16 pm

Chelsea at home will be very tough but im feeling confident we can get something. With Essien out and doubts over Ballack and Mikel we might have a chance. Im gutted Petrov is out but this just means we play Elano off Jo upfront and Robinho on the left and SWP on the right....sounds quality.

Im really looking forward to the game, the atmosphere should be great and everyone cant wait to see SWP back and Zabaleta make his debut......oh yeah and Robinho !!!

The new era has begun and i just pray we can pull off a shock and get something against Chelsea.
    Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185
    Supports : Chelsea

Post by Tom Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:56 pm

I hope Mikel goes studs in on that money grabber Robinho. Very Happy
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:06 pm

Ballack wrote:I hope Mikel goes studs in on that money grabber Robinho. Very Happy

All your players are money grabbers!! Wink
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Post by Chocolate Thunder Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:06 pm

Luis wrote:
    Ballack wrote:I hope Mikel goes studs in on that money grabber Robinho. Very Happy

cheers
    Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185

Post by Tom Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:18 pm

Luis wrote:

I was sort of trying to be ironic, but it is hard to express irony online. but you got what i meant i think
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358

Post by S4P Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:18 pm

Ballack wrote:
    Luis wrote:

I was sort of trying to be ironic, but it is hard to express irony online. but you got what i meant i think

I don't think luis did.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:36 pm

I hope Kompany smashes that cheeky bastard Deco ! Still cant believe his ridiculous comments that we have no history....when he plays for fucking Chelsea.
    golsud

Number of posts : 4869
    Supports : Barça

Post by golsud Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:15 am

Deco will smash Man City!

SuperDeco <Ale>
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:31 pm

My team:

---------Almunia---------
    Sagna-Touré-Gallas-Clichy
    --------Denilson---------
    Walcott-Cesc--Nasri--Vela
    ----------Ade------------

4-2-3-1 is fine too.
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Post by Cesc Soler Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:35 pm

Do you know if Diaby is back for this weekend? Nasri might not be available as well.

I would go for: Almunia, Sagna, Toure, Gallas, Clichy, Eboue, Denilson, Fabregas, Walcott, Bendtner, Adebayor
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:41 pm

Diaby wion't be back, think Nasri can play, if he can't I'ld play RVP.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:27 pm

De Guzman wrote:My team:

---------Almunia---------
    Sagna-Touré-Gallas-Clichy
    --------Denilson---------
    Walcott-Cesc--Nasri--Vela
    ----------Ade------------

4-2-3-1 is fine too.

You'd leave out the Blackburn killer? scratch

RVP will score - that's for sure. The question is, how many will he get? I reckon 1 or 2, I'll go for 1 coz BB are a very annoying team to play against.

This is going to be a very difficult match for us. Playing at Ewood Park is always difficult especially coming off an international break. Normally a draw is not too bad a result there but It's essential we win this one to help build momentum after our loss to Fulham.
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Post by Cesc Soler Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:36 pm

One positive is that Santa Cruz might be ruled out with an achilles injury, this kept him out of last nights World Cup qualifier against Argentina.

Mind you they still have Roberts, and we all know the problems he has caused us in the past!
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:39 pm

Looks like we might have a few missing come Saturday..

Tuncay hurt his knee last night..dont know how badly, some people are saying it looked pretty dodgy. Went off for treatment and came back on then collapsed in pain apparently. Dont know if thats the case though.

Shawky has a hamstring problem.

Aliadiere has a foot problem..

Wheater has suspected tonsillitis.

So I dont know what happens there.

I guess..Digard in for Shawky. Emnes in for Aliadiere. Pog and Huth central instead of Wheater and Huth..and Mido in for Tuncay.
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:40 pm

Cesc Soler wrote:One positive is that Santa Cruz might be ruled out with an achilles injury, this kept him out of last nights World Cup qualifier against Argentina.

Paraguay infact played Columbia on Tuesday night, but yes thats good news Ale
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Post by Chocolate Thunder Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:43 pm

So Tweeds favourite, Matt Derbyshire might get a game.. Razz
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:43 pm

borocooper wrote:Looks like we might have a few missing come Saturday..

Tuncay hurt his knee last night..dont know how badly, some people are saying it looked pretty dodgy. Went off for treatment and came back on then collapsed in pain apparently. Dont know if thats the case though.

I guess..Digard in for Shawky. Emnes in for Aliadiere. Pog and Huth central instead of Wheater and Huth..and Mido in for Tuncay.

All hail strength in depth <Ale>
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:43 pm

Cesc Soler wrote:One positive is that Santa Cruz might be ruled out with an achilles injury, this kept him out of last nights World Cup qualifier against Argentina.

Mind you they still have Roberts, and we all know the problems he has caused us in the past!

ok

Carling cup semis at Highbury springs to mind.

Hope Santa Cruz sits this one out. And Ooijer might not make it after limping off early in the 1st half against Macedonia yesterday.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:54 pm

Ray Parlour wrote:
    borocooper wrote:Looks like we might have a few missing come Saturday..

All hail strength in depth <Ale>

Seems like ages since we've had decent cover for more than a couple of places.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:08 pm