Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
Deluded F*ck™
Xavier
Puro
Fade out
fcb
TheCrazy58
Sheffield gunner
Dwarf
christmasborocooper
S4P
Murray
Rosicky
Fey
COTR
Isco Benny
Chris 23*
Hlebagone
Kimbo
Sgoater1
Chocolate Thunder
Pierre Littbarski
Aristoskank
debaser
The Easter Bunny
Kroos
rosenthal
Luis
Glenarch of the Glen
Cesc Soler
33 posters

Premier League 11th-13th December Discussion Thread

Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Premier League 11th-13th December Discussion Thread Empty Premier League 11th-13th December Discussion Thread

Post by Cesc Soler Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:43 pm

Premier League 11th-13th December Discussion Thread Premtrophy540x299

Saturday 11th December

Aston Villa vs. West Bromwich Albion (15:00)
    Everton vs. Wigan Athletic (15:00)
    Fulham vs. Sunderland (15:00)
    Stoke City vs. Blackpool (15:00)
    West Ham United vs. Manchester City (15:00)
    Newcastle United vs. Liverpool (17:30) Premier League 11th-13th December Discussion Thread NetworkLogo_espn

Sunday 12th December

Bolton Wanderers vs. Blackburn Rovers (13:30) Premier League 11th-13th December Discussion Thread Ss1
    Wolves vs. Birmingham City (13:30)
    Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea (16:00) Premier League 11th-13th December Discussion Thread Ss1

Monday 13th December

Manchester United vs. Arsenal (20:00) Premier League 11th-13th December Discussion Thread Ss1
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Premier League 11th-13th December Discussion Thread Empty Re: Premier League 11th-13th December Discussion Thread

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:51 pm

ESPN contains 4 of the 5 letters required to spell the word PENIS

Coincidence?
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Premier League 11th-13th December Discussion Thread Empty Re: Premier League 11th-13th December Discussion Thread

Post by Luis Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:21 pm

Some good games in there.

I expect our team will be:

--------------------------Reina----------------------------

--Johnson------Kygriakos------------Skrtel----------------Konchesky--------------

---------------------Merieles-----------Lucas---------------------------------------

--Kuyt--------------------------------------------------------------Maxi-------------

------------------------Ngog---------------Torres-----------------------------------

Gerrard wont be fit to start I don't think but having the likes of him, Cole and Babel on the bench will be a significant improvement on having Spearing and Eccleston on the bench.

Getting a new manager in can go either way, the Newcastle team will either be so dissilusioned that it will be a walk in the park or they'll be fired up and come out fighting.

To be perfectly honest it's a game we have to win, a draw isn't acceptable when it could be one of the best times to play Newcastle in a game we should be winning if we're serious about getting back into the race for 4th.

Anyway, the lads have been training hard as usual:

Premier League 11th-13th December Discussion Thread 107507845ap022_liverpool_tr
    rosenthal
    rosenthal

Number of posts : 822
    Supports : Tottenham Hotspur
    Favourite Player : רוני רוזנטל
    Registration date : 2008-07-15

Post by rosenthal Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:12 pm

Hope Luka Modric's 100% after the flu, with Hudd, Niko and VDV out he's needed.

Team news from Tottenham

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/team-news-101210.html

Kaboul is a doubt, but might be in the squad.
    King, Woodgate, Huddlestone, O'Hara, Jenas, Kranjcar and van der Vaart are injured.

Crouch - Defoe
    Bale - Palacios - Modric - Lennon
    Ekotto - Bassong - Gallas - Hutton
    Gomes

Cudicini
    Corluka
    Dawson
    Sandro
    Bentley
    Keane
    Pavlyuchenko

Pletikosa, Kaboul, Giovani
    Luis
    Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:50 pm

And the team I posted looks like it's confirmed from a RAWK ITK.

Happy with that, the central midfield partnership is looking really good.

Pissesd off there is no 12:45 kick off Sad
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Kroos Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:46 am

pretty good stuff this week
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson

Post by The Easter Bunny Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:39 pm

rosenthal wrote: Hope Luka Modric's 100% after the flu, with Hudd, Niko and VDV out he's needed.

Team news from Tottenham

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/team-news-101210.html

Kaboul is a doubt, but might be in the squad.
    King, Woodgate, Huddlestone, O'Hara, Jenas, Kranjcar and van der Vaart are injured.

Crouch - Defoe
    Bale - Palacios - Modric - Lennon
    Ekotto - Bassong - Gallas - Hutton
    Gomes

Cudicini
    Corluka
    Dawson
    Sandro
    Bentley
    Keane
    Pavlyuchenko

Pletikosa, Kaboul, Giovani

Kranjcar is injured? Would be perfect for him to try and stake a place in the team now.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:24 pm

Team news Crazy

Friedel
    Lichaj-Cuellar-Collins-Warnock
    Hogg-Bannan
    Albrighton-A.Young-Downing
    Heskey

Subs: Dunne, Carew, Guzan, Pires, Herd, Delfouneso, Reo-Coker.

Bannan, Heskey return (and Coker is back as far as bench), but L.Young, Agbonlahor injured and ill, Clark suspended and Ireland is missing for reasons as yet unknown Erm

Surprise news is Dunne being dropped for Cuellar, but he has been off-form, as has the whole defence so it needed something changing. I worry about the full-backs. Warnock's been crap (and according to reports, knows that he's being shipped out soon) and Lichaj is inexperienced, I've not been wholly convinced when I've seen him.

Really, really, really need to win this one. And should. But it's a derby and Brom just got a couple of good wins so who knows..
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:46 pm

If Villa don't win today surely you've got to be looking at Houllier and say he's just not right at the moment for Villa?
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Number of posts : 9733
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post by Aristoskank Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:56 pm

Luis wrote:If Villa don't win today surely you've got to be looking at Houllier and say he's just not right at the moment for Villa?

Patience isn't one of your virtues, is it Luis?

I doubt many manager could have got results for Villa given their relatively thin squad+a hell of a lot of injuries recently. Just like Hodgson, Houllier is paying the price for the previous manager's failure in the transfer market.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:01 pm

Luis wrote:If Villa don't win today surely you've got to be looking at Houllier and say he's just not right at the moment for Villa?

I've seen signs of improvement in the way we play. Results have been depressing, but Houllier is playing with an inherited team that was weakened in the summer and look at the fact we're having to start Hogg and Lichaj today - what manager is going to be successful when they're forced to play 2nd tier youth team players against PL teams?

Sacking him would just cause even more instability. I'm willing to give him time, not least 'cause I don't know who else we'd get instead.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:07 pm

debaser wrote:

I've seen signs of improvement in the way we play. Results have been depressing, but Houllier is playing with an inherited team that was weakened in the summer and look at the fact we're having to start Hogg and Lichaj today - what manager is going to be successful when they're forced to play 2nd tier youth team players against PL teams?

Sacking him would just cause even more instability. I'm willing to give him time, not least 'cause I don't know who else we'd get instead.

I have to say Debbie, the Villa side I saw on monday was the worst Villa team I've ever seen come to Anfield both in personnel and in the way you played. You were negative from the beginning, went with 1 up front, didn't pass it well, didn't threaten at all and were shocking at the back. And what's more is your manager was more concerned with getting a nice reaction from our fans.

I think getting rid and bringing in Hughton would be a smart move, I know you want to give him time but I can't ever see Houllier being successful with Villa and I doubt many of your fans can deep down.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:08 pm

Ballast wrote:

Patience isn't one of your virtues, is it Luis?

I doubt many manager could have got results for Villa given their relatively thin squad+a hell of a lot of injuries recently. Just like Hodgson, Houllier is paying the price for the previous manager's failure in the transfer market.

We're not doing too badly lately actually Saints, Hodgson seems to be learning to be a bit more attacking. If he can get us top 5 and a real go at one of the cups he can leave next summer with a bit of pride restored after a shocking start <Ale>
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:26 pm

omg what a horrible line up from city

what do you expect from a midfield with barry-toure-jong

and boateng should play as centre back king
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:28 pm

Luis wrote:
    debaser wrote:

I have to say Debbie, the Villa side I saw on monday was the worst Villa team I've ever seen come to Anfield both in personnel and in the way you played. You were negative from the beginning, went with 1 up front, didn't pass it well, didn't threaten at all and were shocking at the back. And what's more is your manager was more concerned with getting a nice reaction from our fans.

I think getting rid and bringing in Hughton would be a smart move, I know you want to give him time but I can't ever see Houllier being successful with Villa and I doubt many of your fans can deep down.

A lot of fans have turned against him already. I think I'm in the minority there. The Liverpool-loving stuff has riled a lot of people, but I see that as a meaningless sideshow blown way out of proportion.

We were awful Monday, certainly not denying that. It was thoroughly miserable to watch. For all injuries, it is the theoretically full strength defence which has been the worst aspect lately. But most important factor behind that performance is that confidence is evidently very low. Mixture of factors there: not getting the results when we were playing well (e.g. Man Utd, away at Sunderland, Fulham), missing important players, keep having to make changes. But mainly I see that as still a hangover from the summer. We ended last season on a low and then the summer saw zero incoming, then our manager and one of our best players leaving in quick succession.

Honestly, I don't know long-term if Houllier is right. It's hard to be too enthusiastic about the future. We hit a ceiling of 6th under O'Neill and with Spurs improving and City buying their way into the elite, it's doesn't seem likely we can be top 6 again any time soon. Think best bet is trying to develop youth and Houllier has at least shown faith in them which gives me hope there (admittedly this is partly by force, but it is telling he was playing Bannan over Ireland on form - as MON never would have done).

---

cheers

took the lead as I type. Needed that as we were looking ropey at the back and if we'd gone behind it would've been curtains.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:29 pm

City 1-0 up Yayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:33 pm

Billionaires have taken the lead. Important for them to win today to prove they are actually capable without Tevez and they can go joint top No
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:47 pm

2 goals in 5 games. Load of shite so far.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:49 pm

We manage to not concede a goal just before half time Shocked

Probably just means we're saving it for injury time at the end of the match.

Still, I shall not sniff at a half-time lead. We were looking shaky till the goal, but have been better since. Confidence ok

Tchoyi the danger man for Brom. Hit the bar early on, and Warnock is not dealing with him well at all.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:05 pm

Blackpool cheers cheers
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:21 pm

ohhhh! Balotelli aint a happy boy after beinh subbed.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:30 pm

Oh for another goal. 20 mins to go. We're bound to fuck it up if it stays 1-0.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:31 pm

City 2-0 up, West Ham will be bottom at Christmas for sure and they'll go down for sure.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:36 pm

9 draws for Fulham this season, just 2 wins and looks like it could be 10 draws.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:38 pm

A GOAL cheers

Heskey kinda deflects it in with his head. Albrighton made it. He is the awesomeness.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:48 pm

fucks sake. Couldn't I have a nice comfortable ending to a match for once

Christ they've already nearly got the equalizer Grr
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:51 pm

Premier League 11th-13th December Discussion Thread Avram-grant

Premier League 11th-13th December Discussion Thread Roy-Keane-Face

wave wave wave wave wave
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:53 pm

Well in Blackpool. Certainty to survive at this rate and even make the top 10.
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:59 pm

Blackpool Ale
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:13 pm

Great win today we didnt play at our best but it was easy enough, Yaya looking very good in the mid and we were solid at the back as ever. Joint top for the night im very happy.

I bet everyone is hating us doing well Smile Come on City !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 6:12 pm