Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Tweesus
Owen Thomas
Deluded F*ck™
fcb
COTR
Kimbo
10 posters

Florent Sinama Pongolle V Charles N'Zogbia

Poll

Who's better?

[ 12 ]
    Florent Sinama Pongolle V Charles N'Zogbia Bar_left31%Florent Sinama Pongolle V Charles N'Zogbia Bar_right [31%] 
    [ 27 ]
    Florent Sinama Pongolle V Charles N'Zogbia Bar_left69%Florent Sinama Pongolle V Charles N'Zogbia Bar_right [69%] 

Total Votes: 39
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Florent Sinama Pongolle V Charles N'Zogbia Empty Florent Sinama Pongolle V Charles N'Zogbia

Post by Kimbo Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:26 am

Settle a debate, Obispo and COTR seem to think Pongolle is a better player than N'Zogbia, obviously i disagree. The Pool fans mentioned that Pongolle had played well in 3 games but that's hardly convincing IMO. Ale
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Florent Sinama Pongolle V Charles N'Zogbia Empty Re: Florent Sinama Pongolle V Charles N'Zogbia

Post by COTR Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:31 am

how exactly will this poll settle it Laugh ...
    L r d

Florent Sinama Pongolle V Charles N'Zogbia Empty Re: Florent Sinama Pongolle V Charles N'Zogbia

Post by L r d Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:32 am

Actually, we mentioned 3 games he played well in. We didn't just say "he's played well in 3 games".

Pongolle, by some distance. N'Zogbia is the ultimate pace-merchant. He's linford christie in a football kit.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:33 am

COTR wrote:how exactly will this poll settle it Laugh ...

As far as i'm concerned it was "settled" last season when N'Zogbia scored 6 goals and got 8 assists, while Pongolle was nowhere. Ale
    COTR
    COTR

Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:35 am

Kimbo wrote:

As far as i'm concerned it was "settled" last season when N'Zogbia scored 6 goals and got 8 assists, while Pongolle was nowhere. Ale
    pongolle was busy keeping his CL medal nice and shiny last year kimbo and setting us on the road to yet another cup before helping blackburn get into europe...

i am very surprised the french under 21 coach missed all of zog's performances last year... must be a poor scouting network they have over in france
    L r d

Post by L r d Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:35 am

Except playing in a team that finished ahead of you...

Well... 2 of them, if you want to be accurate.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:38 am

COTR wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

pongolle was busy keeping his CL medal nice and shiny last year kimbo and setting us on the road to yet another cup before helping blackburn get into europe...

i am very surprised the french under 21 coach missed all of zog's performances last year... must be a poor scouting network they have over in france

He didn't, N'Zogbia got called up but was kicked out of the squad because of the Le Harve dispute. ok
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:40 am

Obispo wrote:Except playing in a team that finished ahead of you...

Now THAT is the poorest argument i've ever heard. That would mean that Fletcher is better than Alonso. Erm
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:42 am

Kimbo wrote:

Now THAT is the poorest argument i've ever heard. That would mean that Fletcher is better than Alonso. Erm
    nope that wasn't his argument...

you said pongolle was nowhere... obispo simply told you were he was... no argument involved at all Wink
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:44 am

COTR wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

nope that wasn't his argument...

you said pongolle was nowhere... obispo simply told you were he was... no argument involved at all Wink

Well he sould've said "playing poorly" then. Ale
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:46 am

anyway there are several misspecifications and bias in this poll that i have no doubt will result in n'zogbia winning

1) pongolle has been at a top club where first team chances are far more limited than a mid table club for most of the period people will be judging him on

2) by mentioning me and obi in the post people will instantly pick the other option Wink

3) your unrealistic and vastly OTT hype surrounding charlie may have influenced some of the less informed or weaker minds Smile
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:48 am

COTR wrote:
    1) pongolle has been at a top club where first team chances are far more limited than a mid table club for most of the period people will be judging him on

And how do you explain him looking so average for Blackburn? Question
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:49 am

Kimbo wrote:
    COTR wrote:

And how do you explain him looking so average for Blackburn? Question
    i do not attempt to explain somebody elses opinion especially one which i do not agree with... ull have to explain ur own opinion im afraid kimbo Smile
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:52 am

Ever thought about being a politician? Laughing
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:58 am

Kimbo wrote:Ever thought about being a politician? Laughing
    hughes trying to sign pongolle but us flat out refusing tells me everything i need to know about his performances for blackburn kimbo

don't worry... i have no doubt u will learn soon enough

pongolle >>>>>> n zogbia...

and if all else fails we'll just compare the medal counts in 10 years time Smile... i do believe pongolle has already got a massive head start...

(to be continued 2moro)

Sleep Sleep Sleep

Post by Guest Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:05 am

don't worry... i have no doubt u will learn soon enough

pongolle was that good why did Liverpool sell him.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:09 am

Go to be N'Zogbia, Pongolle has done nothing significant in the Premiership to justify his supposed talent. And for me the biggest factor is that if he really was that good then he wouldn't keep getting loaned out and marginalised (signing Kuyt, etc.) by Benitez. Of course the disclaimer to that is if Rafa was doing it because Pongolle was Houllier's signing.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:24 am

I do think that N'Zogbia is the bigger talent of the two - but he's never saved his club's ar$e in the way that Pongolle has - Olympiakos & Luton to name but 2.

As the current situation stand, The Zog has the brighter future, but he hasn't made an impact in vital games the way Sinima has.
    Owen Thomas
    Owen Thomas

Number of posts : 3874
    Supports : Manchester United F.C
    Favourite Player : Q.A Guy..

Post by Owen Thomas Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:12 am

Only Liverpool fans think Pongolle is any good.... Sorry.
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:12 am

Messiah wrote:don't worry... i have no doubt u will learn soon enough

pongolle was that good why did Liverpool sell him.
    who did we sell him to messi... this is all news to me mate
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:31 am

You know my view Kimbo ok
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:45 am

Kimbo wrote:Fletcher is better than Alonso.

ok
    L r d

Post by L r d Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:00 pm

Some of these responses perplex me greatly.

We did not sell him. We loaned him out because he's 20 and wasn't getting enough first team football. If we didn't think he was any good then why isn't we've left no option to buy on either of these loan deals? Doh
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115

Post by Roger Hunt Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:08 pm

Possibly because we didn't think we were getting offered enough money... a decent season elsewhere would increase the selling price? Or maybe his wages are on the high side and no club is willing to meet his personal demands?
    L r d

Post by L r d Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:10 pm

Roger_Hunt wrote:Possibly because we didn't think we were getting offered enough money... a decent season elsewhere would increase the selling price? Or maybe his wages are on the high side and no club is willing to meet his personal demands?

I doubt it's his wages. He was signed as a 16 year old, so I doubt he's going to be on astronomical wages.
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115

Post by Roger Hunt Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:13 pm

I doubt it too... just pointing out that there are some other possible reasons.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:50 pm

Nice to see there's some sane people outthere. Smile

Be interesting to know if any non-Liverpool fans voted for Pongolle. Suspect
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:58 pm

Kimbo,

Ive voted for N'Zogbia, so we can therefore stike a deal:

The next Super Len V. anybody else (ie excluding the Zog) thread to emerge, you return the favour.

Are we understanding each other?

Politicians have been using this form of vote rigging for years. Its high time we brought Government-level Corruption to the masses
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:01 pm

Kimbo wrote:Nice to see there's some sane people outthere. Smile

Be interesting to know if any non-Liverpool fans voted for Pongolle. Suspect
    this poll proves nothing... it was obvious charlie would win it for the reasons i have stated Smile mainly misspecifications in the polling....

only time can really tell kimbo Wink
    L r d

Post by L r d Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:03 pm

I can see why Kimbo doesn't rate Pongolle though. Geordies have grown to dislike strikers.

4-6-0.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:56 pm