Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
L.r.d
Calidad
DS
EMP
8 posters

WC Qualifiers Next Matches

EMP
    EMP

Number of posts : 7384
    Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
    Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

WC Qualifiers Next Matches Empty WC Qualifiers Next Matches

Post by EMP Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:38 pm

Now that England turned up against Croatia, what expectations are there against the Kazakhstan? What would be considered a good result for both teams? The Kazakhs are ranked somewhere around 120 I think. It's at Wembley. Is there any excuse for anything less than a goal-fest that goes against Capello's defensive philosophy?

And what do people expect in other matches?
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

WC Qualifiers Next Matches Empty Re: WC Qualifiers Next Matches

Post by DS Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:34 pm

A comfortable 2-0 should satisfy me as long as its a positive attitude and some improvement like the moment and cohesion of the team.
    I dont want England to batter Kazaks and get complacent.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:36 pm

I expect no less than a 10-0 victory. Rooney needs to score atleast 6 to keep his place in the side.
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Post by L.r.d Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:38 pm

EMP wrote:Now that England turned up against Croatia, what expectations are there against the Kazakhstan? What would be considered a good result for both teams? The Kazakhs are ranked somewhere around 120 I think. It's at Wembley. Is there any excuse for anything less than a goal-fest that goes against Capello's defensive philosophy?

And what do people expect in other matches?

4-0 is probably the maximum expected.
    EMP
    EMP

Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,

Post by EMP Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:57 pm

Calidad wrote:I expect no less than a 10-0 victory. Rooney needs to score atleast 6 to keep his place in the side.

But they wouldn't be meaningful goals now would they? Wink
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:56 am

I'm going to this game. already bought my mankini and Borat moustache. The Kazakstanhi's are going to absolutley love us Ale

On the pitch, I expect a good performance first and foremost- one with confidence and keeping hold of the football. The goals will come if so - whether its 2,3 or 4 won't matter as much as seeing the team gelling. Yes there is the factor of the group possibly going down to goal difference, however the Croats knocked 3 past this lot at home, so if we can match that I'll be happy.

To use the old cliche of "there's never an easy game in international football" Ale
    EMP
    EMP

Post by EMP Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:04 am

Otto's Olympic Dream wrote:I'm going to this game. already bought my mankini and Borat moustache. The Kazakstanhi's are going to absolutley love us Ale

On the pitch, I expect a good performance first and foremost- one with confidence and keeping hold of the football. The goals will come if so - whether its 2,3 or 4 won't matter as much as seeing the team gelling. Yes there is the factor of the group possibly going down to goal difference, however the Croats knocked 3 past this lot at home, so if we can match that I'll be happy.

To use the old cliche of "there's never an easy game in international football" Ale

I'm going as well. The Russians I spoke to in Monaco say that Kazakhstan can't play football and should get battered as their racking suggests. Will be interesting to see what they consider a good result.
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:26 am

Kazakhstan is the greatest country in the world, all other countries are ruled by little girls.

Kazakhstan is No.1 exporter of potassium. Other countries have inferior potassium.
    Riviera
    Riviera

Number of posts : 5411
    Favourite Player : Iniesta, Hangeland
    Registration date : 2007-04-11

Post by Riviera Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:27 am

The Russians are just angry that Kazakhstan can make it on their own.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:36 am

Allez les rouges wrote:Kazakhstan is the greatest country in the world, all other countries are ruled by little girls.

Kazakhstan is No.1 exporter of potassium. Other countries have inferior potassium.

lol!

@EMP - I bought my tickets about 4 months ago as it was the only home game I can actually get to this year. Initially I thought it was going to be a totallu pointless, empty affair, but after the Croatia game there has been an instant boost of confidence and empathy to the side (as is always the fickle nature of football fans!), so I'm imagining the atmosphere should be good, and presumably somewhere nearing a full house.

As is the English way, I therefore expect this game might bring us all down to earth with a bump - a scrappy uninspiring affair. Not necessarily a bad thing though since I prefer us to keep a realisitc, low profile for as long as possible
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:39 am

Otto's Olympic Dream wrote:
    Allez les rouges wrote:Kazakhstan is the greatest country in the world, all other countries are ruled by little girls.

lol!

@EMP - I bought my tickets about 4 months ago as it was the only home game I can actually get to this year. Initially I thought it was going to be a totallu pointless, empty affair, but after the Croatia game there has been an instant boost of confidence and empathy to the side (as is always the fickle nature of football fans!), so I'm imagining the atmosphere should be good, and presumably somewhere nearing a full house.

As is the English way, I therefore expect this game might bring us all down to earth with a bump - a scrappy uninspiring affair. Not necessarily a bad thing though since I prefer us to keep a realisitc, low profile for as long as possible

So that's what you're planning to do this game, is it Bernd Razz
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:48 am

Allez les rouges wrote:

lol!

The entertainment will be in the stands and not on the pitch - truist me my friend, I intend on making great great friends with the people of Kazakstan. Makshemash <Ale>
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:28 pm

Jagshemash, get it right Rolling Eyes
    EMP
    EMP

Post by EMP Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:20 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:

lol!

The entertainment will be in the stands and not on the pitch - truist me my friend, I intend on making great great friends with the people of Kazakstan. Makshemash <Ale>

Are you going to scout their players as well. Wink
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:05 pm

I think you must grow the moustache young Bernd!!

And bring your sister along, show her off as "no.1 prostitute in Leeds" Wink

(forgive me, this is the first time I've sunk to everyone else's level I think)
    Khadrim
    Khadrim

Number of posts : 1719
    Supports : Fulham soft spot for Liverpool, Newcastle, Wolfsburg, Rubin Kazan
    Favourite Player : Paintsil, Barry, Iniesta, Ozil
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by Khadrim Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:44 pm

DS wrote:A comfortable 2-0 should satisfy me as long as its a positive attitude and some improvement like the moment and cohesion of the team.
    I dont want England to batter Kazaks and get complacent.

I on the hand other want a thrashing, England play well when we are confident its when we are weak and insipid doubting ourselves we lose.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:37 am