Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+31
Torrente
Cristiano
Batman
DeLux
Ricardo Jol
Hem fet un mal partit
L.r.d
Barrilete
COTR
Jaime
Pierre Littbarski
golsud
elbecko
Protheus
robert
Fade out
Effenberg
johnny_bravo
Cesc Soler
TM
TheCrazy58
Z
DS
Sheffield gunner
Rosicky
The Pröfessör
Black Magic
stinger
Super Progress
Calidad
fcb
35 posters

La Liga Jornada 6

fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

La Liga Jornada 6 Empty La Liga Jornada 6

Post by fcb Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:19 pm

VILLARREAL Sab-20:00 BETIS
    BARCELONA Sab-22:00 ATLÉTICO
    RECREATIVO Dom-17:00 MÁLAGA
    GETAFE Dom-17:00 ALMERÍA
    SEVILLA Dom-17:00 ATHLETIC
    MALLORCA Dom-17:00 SPORTING
    OSASUNA Dom-17:00 RACING
    DEPORTIVO Dom-17:00 NUMANCIA
    VALLADOLID Dom-19:00 VALENCIA
    R. MADRID Dom-21:00 ESPANYOL

Highlight of the weekend is definitely Barcelona vs. Atletico.

btw, Nihat is injured again, betw. 4-6 weeks.

The Great Weekend Predictions - Round 6

Friday 03 October 2008 12:30

Saturday

Villarreal (2nd) vs Betis (18th)

In the same way that seven dog years supposedly equates to 12 months of a human lifespan, 24 hours in Spain works out as roughly 700 years in the rest of the world.

Despite having an entire summer to sort out the sale of Betis, there is still no news of whether the mysterious mob behind the BSport consortium will be buying out Darth de Lopera’s majority share in the club.

The deadline for the deal is Saturday October 4. If no-one puts their paw print to the contract then the Lord of the Flies will walk away approximately 10 million euros richer, say Marca.

Melli, for one, thinks that the big Betis boss ain’t going anyway. “He’ll always be there,” sighed the defender discussing de Lopera's departure, “and until I see something happening I’m not going to believe it.”

LLL Prediction - Home win

Barcelona (5th) vs Atlético Madrid (7th)

La Liga Loca’s Atleti-insider predicted that things would be all right on Wednesday night for the rojiblancos, on the pitch, but would potentially go a little Pete Tong, off it.

Hosting a Champions League match can be a bit of an ordeal for any team - but especially for one like Atlético which has the organisational abilities of, well, Atlético.

Strange men in suits, clutching clipboards, descend on your stadium and start telling you how to go about your business.

For this reason, every piece of non-UEFA sanctioned advertising had been covered up in the Vicente Calderón, billions of leaflets were handed to fans asking them not to throw things, start fights or racially abuse players and the scoreboard stopped publishing adverts for lap-dancing clubs.

Indeed, the electronic screen was called into energetic action by showing replays and scores from other Champions League clashes. Unfortunately, it had given up the ghost by the end of the evening and resembled a Tate Modern video installation by showing everything at the same time.

The press zone was temporarily moved from the familiar cramped corridor outside a back-filling toilet to the stadium car park, saving numerous potential bust ups between elbow-jostling hacks.

All in all it was a roaring success. Aside from the game, that is, which was fine in the first half but a bit rubbish in the second.

Sunday

Recreativo (16th) vs Malaga (17th)

As the blog bangs away on its keyboard there is still no word as to whether, Malaga bigwig, Lorenzo Sanz will be charged for his alleged involvement in some financial dodgy dealings last week or treated as a witness to the affair.

Sanz himself is still continuing to deny his part in the business and declared that he was merely helping out a gentleman called Alvaro Robela with a bank payment in Cordoba.

Getafe (8th) vs Almería (6th)

Those lost souls who go to watch this goalless draw could find themselves up to 60 euros poorer. 60 euros!

LLL Prediction - Draw (or 6-5 thriller)

Sevilla (4th) vs Athletic Bilbao (12th)

Creaky old Joseba Etxeberria either has a) a big fluffy bunny as an agent, b) doesn’t fancy playing for Swansea, or c) is a wonderful, wonderful person whose nobel gesture will bring tears to the cockles of football fans’ hearts all over the world.

Etxebe has agreed a deal with an incredulous Athletic Bilbao to play for free next season. Of course, this is not unheard of in Spain as the Levante squad did the same thing last year.

The joint-seizing forward is doing it as a gesture of gratitude for “the affection I have received over the years” and wants to complete 15 seasons with the club and play 500 games.

This topped off a wonderful week for Joaquín Caparrós who also received what appears to be a garden gnome from the good people of Bilbao.

“I’m happy about the honour but today is a bad day,” admitted Joaquín on Monday, hours after the side’s home defeat to Getafe.

Mallorca (9th) vs Sporting (20th)

Two wins in a row has skyrocketed a lacklustre-looking Mallorca into ninth place. Not that this stunning success will be rushing to the heads of those Balearic battlers, oh no.

“We have to keep our feet on the ground,” admitted Enrique Corales under the impression that his side had just won 8-0 in Old Trafford as opposed to having beaten Racing 2-1.

LLL Prediction - Home win.

Osasuna (14th) vs Racing (19th)

If paying spectators don’t end up running out of this match screaming “My eyes! My eyes!” La Liga Loca will be very, very surprised.

LLL Prediction - Draw

Deportivo (13th) vs Numancia (15th)

When Fernando Alonso won the Singapore GP last week, he commented that it was “as if Numancia had beaten Barcelona or Madrid.”

La Liga Loca cannot decide if this was an insult to Numancia or his own F1 team. No matter, Numancia have leapt upon this crumb of positive publicity to send the big-chinned race-loser a shirt and tempt him from yet another day of shagging supermodels on yachts by inviting him to a match.

Valladolid (11th) vs Valencia (1st)

If La Liga Loca was Unai Emery it would have fielded the club’s ball boys in Thursday night’s UEFA Cup match against Maritimo. Instead the men from Mestalla live on to fight another day in a tournament that reached its peak in 1981.

LLL Prediction - Draw

Real Madrid (3rd) vs Espanyol (10th)

Poor Bernado. Despite winning six games in row - his best record on the Bernabeu bench - and managing the team’s first Champions League away victory for almost two years - there are still those in and around the club looking to have a pop at the moustachioed maestro.

Apparently, the club’s directors - clearly more important than anyone-else in the Real Madrid world - were upset by the fact they were told by Schuster that he would be fielding the same line-up that beat Betis.

Instead, Bernado dropped Raúl - a capital offence for some Real Madrid fans - and perhaps won a tactical advantage over Zenit by allowing the far speedier Higuaín, Robben and Ruud to play fairly effective counter-attacking football.

Sport say that this has lead to pressure from above to let Schuster go at the end of his current contract, which is set to expire this summer.

And that’s something that would make Pedja Mijatovic break into a big, big smile. La Liga Loca is not sure the world is ready for that.

Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

La Liga Jornada 6 Empty Re: La Liga Jornada 6

Post by Calidad Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:34 pm

Atleti's relatively thin squad is already showing signs exposure, and with an increasingly tired Kun, I can't see them getting much at the Camp Nou. Hopefully Banega and Bojan get a start.

Unfortunate for Villarreal and Nihat that he has picked up another injury. What's wrong with him?

Post by Guest Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:55 pm

Calidad wrote:Atleti's relatively thin squad is already showing signs exposure, and with an increasingly tired Kun, I can't see them getting much at the Camp Nou. Hopefully Banega and Bojan get a start.

Unfortunate for Villarreal and Nihat that he has picked up another injury. What's wrong with him?

This is atletico were talking about here, they are more likely to put 6 pass us, than to lose.

Then of course concede six against madrid
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:05 pm

Messiah wrote:
    Calidad wrote:Atleti's relatively thin squad is already showing signs exposure, and with an increasingly tired Kun, I can't see them getting much at the Camp Nou. Hopefully Banega and Bojan get a start.

This is atletico were talking about here, they are more likely to put 6 pass us, than to lose.

Then of course concede six against madrid
    Crying or Very sad
    bad mood at the moment for barca fans?it wouldnt suprise one bit if Atletico now when they have the best team in years are gonna start having a bad record against Barca allthough they will still submit to us. Wink
    stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:04 pm

Anybody watching Villarreal-Betis?
    You can watch it here - http://www.ustream.tv/videoplayerpopup/channel/310760

But I am looking for line-ups of both teams, any help?
    Calidad
    Calidad

Post by Calidad Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:07 pm

You could probably find it on either clubs website if they have an English language version
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:09 pm

Lineups:

Villarreal: Diego López, Ángel, Gonzalo, Godín, Javi Venta, Senna, Eguren, Cazorla, Ibagaza, Llorente y Rossi.

Betis: Casto, Nelson, Arzu, Juanito, Fernando Vega, Mehmet Aurelio, Capi, Damiá, Mark González, Emana y José Mari.
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:12 pm

Have either Mati or Pires started at all this season? scratch

My Fifa Villarreal starting 11 is so much better!

Me > Pellegrini Question
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:14 pm

Banega hattrick, you heard it here first. ok
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:14 pm

Is your FIFA Villarreal team joint top of the league, and has 4 points from their 2 CL games including a draw at Old Trafford despite resting Senna?

Anyway, I'm not sure about Matias Fernandez, but Pires has definitely started. Did so in the midweek CL game.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Post by Calidad Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:16 pm

Mati started in the game against Utd. Due to Villarreal's tactics he didn't do anything of note though.
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:18 pm

kas wrote:Is your FIFA Villarreal team joint top of the league, and has 4 points from their 2 CL games including a draw at Old Trafford despite resting Senna?

Yes, as well as winning the World cup several time already. Capdevilla was top scorer in the last world cup. ok
    stinger

Post by stinger Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:20 pm

kas wrote:
    Anyway, I'm not sure about Matias Fernandez, but Pires has definitely started. Did so in the midweek CL game.
    Yup, he started against Celtic for sure.

PS. How Capdevilla can be a top scorer, especially in years when FIFA was supposed to be more realistic than ever? Smile
    stinger

Post by stinger Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:23 pm

I was opened this topic again to write that Betis deserves a goal here... but they just scored. Sloppy me!!!

PS. Is this the former Barcelona-RB-Damia who scored?
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:25 pm

Yes, that's him.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:26 pm

Black Magic wrote:Have either Mati or Pires started at all this season? scratch

My Fifa Villarreal starting 11 is so much better!

Me > Pellegrini Question

Started against ManU

Betis are deservedly leading 0-1. They could have even scored earlier had Gonzales played in Jose Mari when he was through on goal.

Pellegrini would be smart to bring on Pires.
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:27 pm

----------------Nihat-------Rossi-----------------
    Pires----------------Mati-----------------Cazorla
    --------------------Senna------------------------
    Capdevilla---Fuentes---Rodriguez---Javi Venta

Is that so hard Manuel?

@Stinger - Capdevilla is a badass, he taught Samuel L. Jackson acting lessons. ok
    stinger

Post by stinger Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:27 pm

kas wrote:Yes, that's him.
    Damm, I recently tried to recall some things/names from the past and I couldn't get it; still I remember fuckin Damia, what a waste of my memory.
    stinger

Post by stinger Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:29 pm

Black Magic wrote:----------------Nihat-------Rossi-----------------
    Pires----------------Mati-----------------Cazorla
    --------------------Senna------------------------
    Capdevilla---Fuentes---Rodriguez---Javi Venta

Is that so hard Manuel?

@Stinger - Capdevilla is a badass, he taught Samuel L. Jackson acting lessons. ok
    You think Nihat with one leg (again) would be more useful than Llorente with boith legs?
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:31 pm

Well I think Pellegrini has built a squad where almost all the 22 or 23 players (however many it is) are of a similar level, so he can rotate and change things around without much drop in quality. That could be a real strength for them this season as they try to cope with both league and CL demands.
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:32 pm

I just selected the players with the best ratings. Razz

And what about Altidore, how has he been?
    stinger

Post by stinger Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:33 pm

This all missed chances (like the last one when Emana should pass, or at least could easily shoot better) can possibly haunt Betis later...
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:34 pm

Emana should have done better there. Lucky villareal.

Switching over to the inter match.
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:34 pm

kas wrote:Well I think Pellegrini has built a squad where almost all the 22 or 23 players (however many it is) are of a similar level, so he can rotate and change things around without much drop in quality. That could be a real strength for them this season as they try to cope with both league and CL demands.

Yeah I noticed that as I was picking my team. Ibagaza/Cani can slot into that team no problem.

Don't worry I don't get all my info from Fifa. Laughing
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:35 pm

GOAL - Damia
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:36 pm

Black Magic wrote:GOAL - Damia

My stream is a little slow. Embarassed
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:39 pm

Black Magic wrote:I just selected the players with the best ratings. Razz

And what about Altidore, how has he been?

I watched one game where he played, can't remember if it was a pre-season friendly or one of the earlier league games. But he impressed me...not always the best touch or pass, but showed his strength and pace, made runs tirelessly, and was a real threat in his time on the pitch. He's only 18, so it's another promising-looking signing from Villarreal.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:51 pm

Halftime, Betis up 1-0. I'm watching the Inter game, but from Marca's commentary it sounds like Betis are really dominating. Which is quite surprising...on the one hand it goes against the theory that Villarreal will have it easy after their opponents will have played Barça and Madrid in the past 2 weeks, but on the other hand Villarreal did have a midweek CL game.
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:03 pm

Is the Barca - A. Madrid match on sky?
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:11 pm

Very interesting...Pep has left PEdro, Jorquera, and Alves out of the squad! So does that mean a start for Caceres at RB, or will Puyol move there with Marquez-Pique in the middle, or will it be a 3-4-3 with Busquets, Keita, Toure, and Xavi in midfield?

I like this uncertainty, will leave Aguirre totally baffled ok

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:37 am