Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Chocolate Thunder
bluenine
Rosicky
Di Caniooooo!
Machiavel
Sheffield gunner
Romford Pele
TM
fcb
Glenarch of the Glen
DS
Luis
Ricardo Jol
BoBo Vieri 32
18 posters

2 players you can least afford to lose to injury?

BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

2 players you can least afford to lose to injury? Empty 2 players you can least afford to lose to injury?

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:55 pm

Who are the 2 players that your team can least afford to lose to injury in the KO stages?
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

2 players you can least afford to lose to injury? Empty Re: 2 players you can least afford to lose to injury?

Post by Ricardo Jol Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:57 pm

For Oranje at the Euro Championships KO we couldn't miss Arjenius and Robbenho!
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

2 players you can least afford to lose to injury? Empty Re: 2 players you can least afford to lose to injury?

Post by Luis Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:59 pm

Reina and Gerrard.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:02 pm

Messi and Xavi
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:03 pm

Vidic/Ferdinand and Rooney.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:20 pm

Luis wrote:Reina and Gerrard.

ok

was just about to post the same
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:27 pm

Messiah wrote:Messi and Xavi

Agreed...tough to not mention Etoo, but I really feel Xavi does things for the team that none of our other midfielders can. Hleb hasn't settled yet, and Iniesta has hardly played in central midfield recently. But even with Etoo out, I'd have a slight bit of trust that Henry and/or Bojan can get us goals.

Last edited by kas on Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:28 pm

Casillas and Robben.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:37 pm

Well Cesc might not be back because we may not make it past the last 16.

I'd say RVP and Nasri.
    Would literally void the team of all creativity. Not that there is much there now anyway.
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:43 pm

Ray Parlour wrote:Well Cesc might not be back because we may not make it past the last 16.

I'd say RVP and Nasri.
    Would literally void the team of all creativity. Not that there is much there now anyway.

RVP is definitely the first choice, and then I think I'd say Adebayor. With both strikers out our team would be a lot weaker. I'm not including any injured players, because the likes of Fabregas and Walcott might not be back until we are out of Europe anyway (although hopefully they will return to add a bit of impetus at the crucial stage of the season!).
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:44 pm

Evra & Rooney.
    Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
    Supports : West Ham
    Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Di Caniooooo! Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:48 pm

Green, and I guess Cole now.
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:59 am

Di Caniooooo! wrote:Green, and I guess Cole now.

lol!
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:16 am

Maicon and Ibrahimovic
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:26 pm

Agree with Lulu, Reina and Gerrard...
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:28 pm

Ade wrote:Agree with Lulu, Reina and Gerrard...

I would go for alonso and gerrard. Alonso is usually crucial in the big games.
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:38 pm

COTR wrote:
    Ade wrote:Agree with Lulu, Reina and Gerrard...

I would go for alonso and gerrard. Alonso is usually crucial in the big games.

Well it's very hard to narrow it down to 2 players but you can say that for for every club in the last 16.

Reina is crucial as Cavier bloke has never ever played in the European competition. Reina has been our best player of the season so far after one man... stand up Mr. Xabi Alonso cheers Bubbly

Alonso, Carragher and Torres would round up my top 5 if it were about 5 players.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:47 pm

TM wrote:Casillas and Robben.

that's too bad!
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:54 pm

ribery
    altintop
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:42 pm

Most games I've seen Bayern play Hamit Altintop never starts. He's way too good to be sitting on that bench.
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:43 am

Ribery
    Lahm
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:47 am

altintop was injured before and after the euro 2008, he was the best turkish player and one of the best at bayern

before his injury times he started always ahead of schweinsteiger, and was for more impressive then him, always a threat, not like schweini, this guy is useless as a winger
    toon h
    toon h

Number of posts : 8715
    Supports : FC Barcelona

Post by toon h Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:34 am

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:

that's too bad!

he changed his diet and will not be injured again, courtesy of Tscheu La Ling.

for Barcelona, I would have to disagree with the previous posters and say Messi and Alves. Xavi, would be a big loss but I would think Iniesta could step in and be quite effective. I would put Puyol above Xavi as well.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:38 pm

Hamit has always impressed me every time I've seen him though I think he looks much better in the CM area and is much more creative than Ze Roberto.
    shazlx
    shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
    Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:25 pm

toon h wrote:
    BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:

that's too bad!

for Barcelona, I would have to disagree with the previous posters and say Messi and Alves. Xavi, would be a big loss but I would think Iniesta could step in and be quite effective. I would put Puyol above Xavi as well.
    I would have thought that it is Valdes and Alves/Messi. Valdes because quite obviously Pinto (it he still 2nd choice) is not even competent.

Right now its hard to choose between Messi and Alves. Everyone else is some what replaceable but Alves is unique and Messi is Messi. I will go with Alves though simple because he's one of the2/3 players in your team that can cross the ball.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:40 pm

Pinto is more than competent, so we can do without VV.

Pique and Marquez partnership has been great this season, See above.

Alves is a god, but i would feel very comfortable playing puyol at RB for 2 games.

if iniesta plays like he did today, then i would replace xavi with eto'o.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:01 pm

Messiah wrote:Pinto is more than competent, so we can do without VV.

Pique and Marquez partnership has been great this season, See above.

Alves is a god, but i would feel very comfortable playing puyol at RB for 2 games.

if iniesta plays like he did today, then i would replace xavi with eto'o.

It still makes me sick that we had Alves and our board refused to pay an extra two million for him (I think it was to get him for £14m)

No wonder rafa is demanding control of things
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:24 pm

toon h wrote:
    BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:

that's too bad!

ok

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:35 pm