Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+45
Riviera
shazlx
Sgoater1
The Bulk
Fade out
Juligen
Murray
S4P
Napoléon
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Hem fet un..
Brian2468
christmasborocooper
Puro
TheCrazy58
Axeslammer
robert
Dwarf
Rosicky
Fey
fcb
DS
Hlebagone
Tweesus
Parks lives
Khadrim
debaser
The Easter Bunny
Chocolate Thunder
Pras_tama
Yef
Kimbo
BoBo Vieri 32
Super Progress
Torrente
gone
Aristoskank
Deluded F*ck™
Football Genius
COTR
Luis
L r dd
Glenarch of the Glen
Jaime
Batman
49 posters

Man Utd v Liverpool

Poll

Who is going to win the Premier League 08/09?

[ 12 ]
    Man Utd v Liverpool - Page 10 Bar_left27%Man Utd v Liverpool - Page 10 Bar_right [27%] 
    [ 14 ]
    Man Utd v Liverpool - Page 10 Bar_left31%Man Utd v Liverpool - Page 10 Bar_right [31%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Man Utd v Liverpool - Page 10 Bar_left11%Man Utd v Liverpool - Page 10 Bar_right [11%] 
    [ 14 ]
    Man Utd v Liverpool - Page 10 Bar_left31%Man Utd v Liverpool - Page 10 Bar_right [31%] 

Total Votes: 45
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Man Utd v Liverpool - Page 10 Empty Re: Man Utd v Liverpool

Post by Football Genius Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:26 pm

Axeslammer wrote:
    Luis wrote:

You are jealous that Dutch football is so shite. How did your teams do in the CL this season? as usual they may as well have not turned up. The best thing about Holland is Dirk Kuyt.

Lol, you're as clueless as you are young Ale

* The Eredivisie is ten times more attractive than the EPL

* I doubt there were that much more English players in the CL than Dutch

* just a few weeks ago non of you lot rated Dirk Kuyt

You're nothing but empty mindless hype, please don't post again until you are mature enough to post something sensible ok

hahahahaha, thanks Axe, ahahhaa... no really that was great <Ale>
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:29 pm

Parks lives wrote:Luis, I know you're excited and you've every right to be but change that avatar, it's far too big.

Hi parky,

was really impressed with the "best defensive partnership in the world" today.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:33 pm

Luis wrote:
    Dutch football is laughable Axe, you're dellusional. We all cream ourselves when we draw the likes of PSV in the CL, they are piss! lol!

You don't understand the difference between "strong" and "attractive", never mind you'll...oh wait, you *are* that thick....

Ah well, sorry mate....won't make any more fun of the handicapped Ale

What you lot don't seem to understand that the EPL used to be the most attractive league in the world (early to late nineties), at that time I'd rather watch the EPL than the Eredivisie....nowadays the EPL is on par with Serie A, whilst the Eredivisie is more entertaining than ever.

We have our attractive league *and* have our best players play at the richest clubs all over Europe.

....how does that translate to strength ?

The Dutch were at the EC2008, were one of the most exciting teams there....what about the English, coming from the bestest league in the Universe *ever* ?

Yep, thought so Laugh
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:34 pm

What does England being at the Euro have to do with how attractive the league is?
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:46 pm

Man Utd v Liverpool - Page 10 Scumz

Gotta love u*d fans ! lol!
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:50 pm

lol!

Why is the Dutch League being discussed?

This thread is all about how Liverpool :DOMINATED: United at OT, thus doing the double over them cheers
    shazlx
    shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
    Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:10 pm

It was a poor game by both sides and the team that made the least mistakes won. Really awful football by both teams today.

Torres was the only superstar on show and not just for the goal but he was the best passer today. Only made probably two bad passes. Was disappointed that he went for a long range effort as the end when he had a chance to run at Ferdinand. Ferdinand potentially off would have been more valuable to the title challenge than another goal after 3-1.

This game you can see exactly why I don't rate Carrick and DPLs in general. He made some direct passes which took the ManU play in dangerous territory as he always does. But again he failed to control the game against energetic opposition. He can't create play, only link it.

Ref was pissing me off. Still ManU get away with more decisions.

Torres should have had a penalty for being held back Vidic after nodding the ball past him. And Tevez gets a wrong offside call which he failed to score. Grr
    L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:26 pm

I enjoyed the game. Thought there would be lots of goals though 1-4 was deffo not expected. It wasn't really a 1-4 match but Liverpool played well
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:27 pm

L-r d wrote:I enjoyed the game. Thought there would be lots of goals though 1-4 was deffo not expected. It wasn't really a 1-4 match but Liverpool played well

lol!
    Riviera
    Riviera

Number of posts : 5411
    Favourite Player : Iniesta, Hangeland
    Registration date : 2007-04-11

Post by Riviera Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:38 pm

xD poor poor Man utd, I couldn't believe it.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:54 pm

Luis wrote:
    Axeslammer wrote:
    Football Genius wrote:
    Axeslammer wrote:EPL fans and mindless hype >>>> anyone else

Ale

Bitter jealous dutchies >>>>> anyone else

What exactly would I be jealous and bitter about ?

I'm not celebrating like we won the title, when all we did was win a completely meaningless game Ale

You are jealous that Dutch football is so shite. How did your teams do in the CL this season? as usual they may as well have not turned up. The best thing about Holland is Dirk Kuyt.

lol! Don't be such a bellend Luis.

Dutch football has given the World fuck loads to be proud of.

The Dutch are our friends. Ale

Last edited by Glenndular Fever on Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:01 pm

Il Dragone wrote:
    Parks lives wrote:Luis, I know you're excited and you've every right to be but change that avatar, it's far too big.

Hi parky,

Must burn that the best side in Italy was unable to put a single goal past them in 180 minutes of football.

Lucky that MOTD is on after 10 tonight. The raping that Torres subjected Vidic to was XXX rated
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:05 pm

Glenndular Fever wrote:
    Il Dragone wrote:

Hi parky,

Must burn that the best side in Italy was unable to put a single goal past them in 180 minutes of football.

Lucky that MOTD is on after 10 tonight. The raping that Torres subjected Vidic to was XXX rated

Not really since I know they created the chances, just the finishing wasn't there.
    Riviera
    Riviera

Post by Riviera Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:10 pm

Glenndular Fever wrote:
    Il Dragone wrote:

Hi parky,

ooh Very Happy big time slap to the balls ok
    L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:15 pm

Glenndular Fever wrote:
    Il Dragone wrote:

Hi parky,

PwNMENT101
    Riviera
    Riviera

Post by Riviera Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:17 pm

Is that Park Lives or Glenn? scratch
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:25 pm

Its TRWP
    The Bulk
    The Bulk

Number of posts : 1961
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by The Bulk Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:27 pm

I thought Rafa was being far too cautious before the game started by playing Riera instead of Babel and playing Lucas instead of Alonso (although I think he might not have been 100% fit??). And when I noticed that Hyppia had come in because of the injury and that Carragher had been shifted to RB I really thought it was going to be a bad afternoon for 'Pool.

What was the consensus opinion about this line up before kick off: did people think it was too cautious or just the right starting eleven to get a win?
    Zack

Number of posts : 1571
    Supports : Tottenham Hotspur
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by Zack Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:27 pm

L-r d wrote:I enjoyed the game. Thought there would be lots of goals though 1-4 was deffo not expected. It wasn't really a 1-4 match but Liverpool played well

Shocked

Don't know how you/or any United fan possibly have enjoyed that game!
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:31 pm

The Quiet Earth wrote:I thought Rafa was being far too cautious before the game started by playing Riera instead of Babel and playing Lucas instead of Alonso (although I think he might not have been 100% fit??). And when I noticed that Hyppia had come in because of the injury and that Carragher had been shifted to RB I really thought it was going to be a bad afternoon for 'Pool.

What was the consensus opinion about this line up before kick off: did people think it was too cautious or just the right starting eleven to get a win?

I don't see much difference between Babel and Riera, the former is mediocre, the latter is decent at some things but not that special. The injuries were enforced changes, so I don't think there's anything we can say about the lineup - it's the best he could pick with all the injuries.
    The Bulk
    The Bulk

Number of posts : 1961
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by The Bulk Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:33 pm

Cheers Kas. Take your point about Babel and Riera.

Think SAF refused to do interviews after the game. Can you imagine how tense the dressing room must have been at the final whistle? Team are probably still there getting the hairdryer treatment.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:40 pm

Vidic

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
    shazlx
    shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
    Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:43 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:Vidic

lol! ...100

Torres cheers
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:46 pm

shazlx wrote:

lol! ...100

Torres, Baros, Martins, Carlton Cole cheers

<Ale>
    Fade out
    Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
    Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:53 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:
    shazlx wrote:

lol! ...100

Torres, Baros, Martins, Carlton Cole, Bendtner cheers

<Ale>

lol! lol! lol!
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:35 pm

L-r d wrote:
    Glenndular Fever wrote:
    Il Dragone wrote:

Hi parky,

PwNMENT101

I assume you're talking about Liverpools thrashing of Man Utd

If so, spot on ok
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:38 pm

kas wrote:
    The Quiet Earth wrote:I thought Rafa was being far too cautious before the game started by playing Riera instead of Babel and playing Lucas instead of Alonso (although I think he might not have been 100% fit??). And when I noticed that Hyppia had come in because of the injury and that Carragher had been shifted to RB I really thought it was going to be a bad afternoon for 'Pool.

I don't see much difference between Babel and Riera, the former is mediocre, the latter is decent at some things but not that special. The injuries were enforced changes, so I don't think there's anything we can say about the lineup - it's the best he could pick with all the injuries.
    Babel has the pace to worry defenders, Riera has more know-how. Combine the two, and they'd have a decent winger ok
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:40 pm

Mmmmm....

Vidic better than Jaap Stam?

*coughs*
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:27 pm

Rafa FUCKING BENITEZ...Liverpool manager for many many years to come FFS! Come on you Reds! GET IN! Oh it's on COTR! cheers
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:53 pm

Vidic had a bad game, but we could easily be saying the same about Reina today. I think the wind has to take some of the blame. Good to see Vidic getting his just deserts, I suppose in such a high profile game the referee couldn't turn a blind eye to his thuggery.

Which games will he miss now? Could make the Villa game interesting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 3:56 am