Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Puro
L r dd
toon h
The Pröfessör
Romford Pele
BoBo Vieri 32
Kroos
Luis
gone
DS
Chocolate Thunder
Fey
Since 1888
Tweesus
Pras_tama
bluenine
20 posters

CL - which teams will go through?

Poll

Which teams will go through?

[ 19 ]
    CL - which teams will go through? Bar_left11%CL - which teams will go through? Bar_right [11%] 
    [ 24 ]
    CL - which teams will go through? Bar_left14%CL - which teams will go through? Bar_right [14%] 
    [ 21 ]
    CL - which teams will go through? Bar_left12%CL - which teams will go through? Bar_right [12%] 
    [ 20 ]
    CL - which teams will go through? Bar_left11%CL - which teams will go through? Bar_right [11%] 
    [ 22 ]
    CL - which teams will go through? Bar_left13%CL - which teams will go through? Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 24 ]
    CL - which teams will go through? Bar_left14%CL - which teams will go through? Bar_right [14%] 
    [ 26 ]
    CL - which teams will go through? Bar_left15%CL - which teams will go through? Bar_right [15%] 
    [ 20 ]
    CL - which teams will go through? Bar_left10%CL - which teams will go through? Bar_right [10%] 

Total Votes: 176
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

CL - which teams will go through? Empty CL - which teams will go through?

Post by bluenine Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:49 pm

The English Challenge: Its a multiple choice question, please vote for the 4 teams you think will go through to the quarterfinals... the teams playing each other are listed one after the other...

So vote for:

Inter OR ManU, and...
    Chelsea OR Juve, and...
    Arsenal OR Roma, and...
    Liverpool OR Real

Last edited by bluenine on Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

CL - which teams will go through? Empty Re: CL - which teams will go through?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:54 pm

just so its a bit easier for Barca in the QF, i hope its

Real
    Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Man Utd

with

Porto
    Pana
    bayern

but i think its going to be

Liverpool
    Inter
    Juve
    Roma
    Pras_tama
    Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
    Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
    Favourite Player : Scholes
    Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:56 pm

Only Man. United and Liverpool among the English teams that will go through because they have the European mentality. The other 2 teams are Barca and Bayern and I don't care for the rest

Last edited by Pras Gallagher on Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:59 pm

Pras Gallagher wrote:Only Man. United and Liverpool will go through because they have the European mentality

Please can you vote above for the 4 teams you think will go through?
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:20 pm

Hmmm... looks like people's confidence in Chelsea is shaken after the coahc sacking...

Other games seem to split opinions right down the middle!
    Pras_tama
    Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
    Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
    Favourite Player : Scholes
    Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:44 pm

And Real not to have Ruud against Liverpool also bring my confident down a bit. Hope Gerrard won't make it so the game will be at least fair for both sides
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:16 pm

Just shows how tight each tie is! All four could go through or all four could go out!
    Since 1888
    Since 1888

Number of posts : 5171
    Supports : Sparta Rotterdam
    Favourite Player : Sepp de Roover

Post by Since 1888 Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:28 pm

Tweedle wrote:Just shows how tight each tie is! All four could go through or all four could go out!

That is mostly the case with knock out rounds like this.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:51 pm

As starter: Arsenal-Roma

As soup: Chelsea-Juventus

Main course: Manchester United-Inter

Desert: Liverpool-Real Madrid

Ale
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:58 am

I orginally said Juve to beat Chelsea, but news of key injuries to Juve's defence kind of put a question mark on that.

Anyway I went for...

Utd
    Juve
    Roma
    L'pool
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:40 am

Ade wrote:I orginally said Juve to beat Chelsea, but news of key injuries to Juve's defence kind of put a question mark on that.

Anyway I went for...

Utd
    Juve
    Roma
    L'pool

Ade, that is a good assessment of favourites (unfortunately)... I think Roma are favourites over Arsenal, followed by ManU holding an edge over Inter. Then it becomes difficult... Chelsea and Juve, both are pants at the mo in terms of form. Very hard to call that... and what looked like the most easy to call tie (Liverpool over Real) has become much closer over the last months form.

All 4 games are close. And the poll above reflects that well. This is a good advert for the CL!!
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:35 am

Most votes for RM ?
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:44 am

bluenine wrote:
    Ade wrote:I orginally said Juve to beat Chelsea, but news of key injuries to Juve's defence kind of put a question mark on that.

Anyway I went for...

Utd
    Juve
    Roma
    L'pool

Ade, that is a good assessment of favourites (unfortunately)... I think Roma are favourites over Arsenal, followed by ManU holding an edge over Inter. Then it becomes difficult... Chelsea and Juve, both are pants at the mo in terms of form. Very hard to call that... and what looked like the most easy to call tie (Liverpool over Real) has become much closer over the last months form.

All 4 games are close. And the poll above reflects that well. This is a good advert for the CL!!

Aye. tis good for the European Cup no doubt that there is mixed opinion between who will go through.

Roma impressed me vs Chelsea this season, though it was the group stages and they were a bit negative in the away tie at the Bridge. Vs Aresnal, that is dangerous game to play just sitting back. Obviously been stated and proven they are one of the more adventerous sides in Seria A and I'm very much looking forward to this game, not least cause I hold a soft spot for Roma cheers First game is it at the Emirates, so if Aresnal at max can win by a goal to nil than I very much favour the Italians.

I think what swung it for me is the 2nd tie in the Juve Chelsea game is in Turin.. Chelsea have been pants as you put it espically away from home.

Don't know what to make out of Inter atm to be truthfully honest. They have looked horrid recently when I've seen them. Of course I'm hoping they can pull of a win. Someone here said the Mourinho factor is being overhyped and I agree with that. Mou can instill that winning mentality and belief into a bunch of players who have failed again and again in Europe? I'm not sure personally.

As for our game, it would be foolish to dismiss Real. They are a threat no doubt espically with Robben and Higuin(I know spelling is wrong) looking in awesome form. Even if Gerrard misses the 1st leg, I still believe we can go there and get a result.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:15 am

Adebayor is injured for us. Doubt that will affect us too much though. Our main man this season has been RVP.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:48 am

The percentage chance to progress after 106 (28 ) votes:

Internazionale 46.2% vs 53.8% Manchester United
    Chelsea 50.0% vs 50.0% Juventus
    Arsenal 42.9% vs 57.1% Roma
    Liverpool 50.0% vs 50.0% Real Madrid

Must admit, that sounds about right.

Last edited by bluenine on Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
    gone
    gone

Number of posts : 3455
    Supports : Steaua
    Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by gone Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:53 am

I'll go with Inter, Chelsea, Roma, Liverpool.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:21 pm

2 English sides will be knocked out and I'm pretty confident United will be one of them.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:28 pm

Hmmm... I have never seen a poll on this MB which divides opinions so evenly!
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:37 pm

manu
    chelsea
    liverpool
    roma
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:49 pm

After 118 (31 votes):

Internazionale 44.8% vs 55.2% Manchester United
    Chelsea 48.1% vs 51.9% Juventus
    Arsenal 41.9% vs 58.1% Roma
    Liverpool 51.6% vs 48.4% Real Madrid
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:44 pm

Roma is leading????

Fuck me, they really are the most overrated team in the history of the CL..they never have done anything..well knocked RM out, but that was a lucky.

Look what Man U did to them...absolute rape! Now i know Arsenal arent as good as ManU..but certainly better then AS Roma.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:48 pm

Fey wrote:Roma is leading????

Fuck me, they really are the most overrated team in the history of the CL..they never have done anything..well knocked RM out, but that was a lucky.

Look what Man U did to them...absolute rape! Now i know Arsenal arent as good as ManU..but certainly better then AS Roma.

Were Chelsea and Lyon wins also "lucky"?

Roma are the most form team in Serie A right now. And I voted for them mostly on form... dunno about others, but I guess they see it that ways too.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:00 pm

Roma have a few problems at fullback atm though. Cicinho and Cassetti are out for a while. Panucci is off the CL list, so really they just have Riise and Tonetto who are both left backs.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:03 pm

Lyon can't really be considered a 'top' team IMO. They don't have any chance of winning the tournament.

IN the Chelsea game, Chelsea camped in the Roma half for most of the game. They were just very unlucky.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:07 pm

I agree with Tweedle Lyon as Roma and PenisV are teams that can compete in the 2nd round..but they wont be the eventual winner!
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:13 pm

Tweedle wrote:Lyon can't really be considered a 'top' team IMO. They don't have any chance of winning the tournament.

IN the Chelsea game, Chelsea camped in the Roma half for most of the game. They were just very unlucky.

Chelsea really didn't create anything though and got picked off on the counter attack. Their only goal was offside and a handball anyway.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:15 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:Lyon can't really be considered a 'top' team IMO. They don't have any chance of winning the tournament.

Chelsea really didn't create anything though and got picked off on the counter attack. Their only goal was offside and a handball anyway.

We'll see. I think Roma are being overhyped though.

AGAIN

Remember last time Wink
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:18 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:

We'll see. I think Roma are being overhyped though.

AGAIN

Remember last time Wink

They probably won't win the competition, that's true. They can still cause upsets along the way though.
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:58 pm

bluenine wrote:
    Fey wrote:Roma is leading????

Were Chelsea and Lyon wins also "lucky"?

Roma are the most form team in Serie A right now. And I voted for them mostly on form... dunno about others, but I guess they see it that ways too.
    Chelsea was.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:25 pm

I love Arsenal being written off Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:14 pm