Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
Parks lives
toon h
Sgoater1
King Modric
DS
TITO
Batman
christmasborocooper
Fade out
Fey
Effenberg
COTR
Hem fet un..
Cesc Soler
ronnies teeth
L r dd
Cristiano
elbecko
Torrente
Super Progress
fcb
Jaime
26 posters

La Liga Jornada 25

Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

La Liga Jornada 25 Empty La Liga Jornada 25

Post by Jaime Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:57 pm

Athletic - Sevilla Sab-20:00
    Espanyol - R. Madrid Sab-22:00
    Málaga - Recreativo Dom-17:00
    Almería - Getafe Dom-17:00
    Numancia - Deportivo Dom-17:00
    Sporting - Mallorca Dom-17:00
    Racing - Osasuna Dom-17:00
    Atlético - Barcelona Dom-19:00
    Valencia - Valladolid Dom-19:00
    Betis - Villarreal Dom-21:00

Glamour game this week is Atlético - Barcelona in the Vicente Calderon. Espanyol - Real Madrid could be of interest with Espanyol's good performance in their derby last week and Real Madrid still a bit reeling after the midweek loss in Europe.

Also several matches with big implications for the relegation fight (Almeria-Getafe, Racing-Osasuna, Sporting-Mallorca)

I think Athletic-Sevilla could be really interesting and I'm still keeping my eyes on Malaga who play very good football and are right on verge of the top 4.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

La Liga Jornada 25 Empty Re: La Liga Jornada 25

Post by Jaime Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:02 pm

La Liga Loca wrote:
    Saturday

Athletic (9th) vs Sevilla (3rd)

There’s nothing quite so infuriating as a Spanish grandmother or ‘abuela’.

Rather than being friendly, fuzzy figures armed with sunbeam smiles, they are coffin-dodging old hags with the manners of a Premier League footballer.

‘Abuelas’ are at their most malevolent in the indoor market where they push, complain and cajole their way to the front of every queue. It’s only the thought that they are just one cold snap away from being six foot under that helps other clients keep their cool.

But there exists one righteous region of Spain where their endless elbowing is useless - the Basque country.

This week, tickets were put on sale in San Mamés for Athletic’s Copa Del Rey semi against Sevilla, due to take place next week.

Hundreds queued overnight outside the stadium - no mean feat in a frosty February night in Bilbao - only to see some punks pushing their way to the front the following morning.

As to be expected, this caused a bit of a barney with the police called in to fix the affair. “They threatened and insulted us,” complained one of the interloper’s victims.

Someone else who is feeling a little hard done by with the situation is José Maria del Nido, who is less than impressed with his club’s 500 strong ticket allocation.

“At first they only wanted to give us 275,” narked the Sevilla club president on the less than titillating total given to his club.

LLL Prediction - Home win

Espanyol (19th) vs Real Madrid (2nd)

There was considerably more fight in the stands from Madrid than on the pitch on Wednesday night. As the minutes ticked away on the clock and the Liverpool players were wondering how bad Betis must be, the Bernabeu faithful entertained themselves with a bout of civil war silliness.

Just in front of the Spanish Thing, a shouting match between two fans turned into a bit of shove-fest after one ‘hijo de ***’ too many. But that was nothing compared to the unruly behaviour from the Ultras who also took to attacking each other, the stadium security and the baton-wielding police.

The 1-0 defeat gives Liverpool the chance of a peaceful passage to the quarter finals - the unreachable end of the rainbow for Real Madrid - and it also gives La Liga Loca the opportunity to make Marca’s Roberto Gómez look very silly indeed in four months time.

The cranky columnist was not at all happy with Liverpool’s display and bemoans the fact that “going out to stop the opposition and hoping they don’t score is a tactical lesson.”

He was also dangerously indelicate with his rantings against Rafa Benitez, a potential Madrid manager, by accusing him of “showing that he is an ultra defensive coach.”

It may take an Olympian effort of grovelling and gurning from Gómez in Rafa’s direction should he become the latest Bernabeu plaything this summer.

LLL Prediction - Draw

Sunday

Málaga (6th) vs Recreativo (15th)

La Liga Loca is offering some hearty congratulations to, Málaga owner, Lorenzo Sanz. The former Real Madrid magnate has now gone a good two months being mentioned in the blog without the words ‘arrested’, ‘fraud’, ‘match-fixing’ or ‘Nigerian businessman’ next to his name.

The blog is sure that this is, in part, due to the fact that Sanz is a fine, upstanding member of the community, who just happens to get into unfortunate scrapes.

But it also has a sneaky feeling that there is very little will either in Spain, both in the press and with the politicians, to tackle the most serious of the current allegations against the Málaga man - match fixing.

The mother of all sporting scandals appears to have been brushed under the mother of all carpets.

Almería (13th) vs Getafe (12th)

Sunday’s clash between these two mid-table sides is only enlivened by the thought of some fraternal tomfoolery set to take place on the field.

The weekend’s game is a set-to that will bring together the Uche brothers - the home side’s Kalu and Getafe’s Ikechukwu. And as both have a reputation for somersaulting and spins in their scoring celebrations, a goal-fest in the Estadio Juegos Mediterráneos could produce more dramatic tossing than a housebound Ever Banega.

“When we were kids we would do it together with our friends in Nigeria,” commented Ikechukwu on their admirable acrobatics.

LLL Prediction - Away win

Numancia (20th) vs Deportivo (8th)

“Yes we can!” was Deportivo’s slogan going into Thursday’s UEFA Cup tie with Aalborg, a tie they were 3-0 down in at the time. “No, you can’t” was the answer thanks to three first half goals from the Danes in just five minutes.

LLL Prediction - Draw

Sporting (14th) vs Mallorca (18th)

Big armed serve-bandit, Rafa Nadal, was caught in a sticky situation this week by having to act as the minion of two footballing masters. The Wimbledon champ was outed some time ago as a Real Madrid fan but is also supposed to be a man of of his native Mallorca.

Now La Liga Loca has some doubts about this bipolar state as it has always felt that it is impossible to support two teams at the same time, never mind clubs in the same division.

But Nadal gave it a go this week by receiving a Christmas cracker trinket in the shape of a gold medal at the Ono Estadi last weekend, before hotfooting it to the superior catering served up at the Bernabeu on Wednesday to watch his second club’s loss against Liverpool.

Racing (11th) vs Osasuna (17th)

There is one less extraordinarily tall footballer in Santander as César Navas has been roubled off to the Ruskies for the rest of this season and three more.

Racing are another club that is struggling to make ends meet at the moment, and the three million euro received from Rubin Kazan for the centre-back’s services will come in rather handy for those irritating essentials - like paying the players.

“It was an irresistible offer that I could not turn down,” revealed Navas. “Everything was agreed and at my age I have assured mine and my family’s financial future.”

Atlético Madrid (7th) vs Barcelona (1st)

“It worked!” screamed a loopy Joan Laporta as he ran around the basement of his Camp Nou lair. “It finally worked! At last, all of Catalunya will be mine! Mine!”

After the success of his PinSat Death Ray used to keep the local Catalan hacks in terrified line, the Barcelona president had been busy beavering away with another hi-tech help to keep him at the top of the tree.

And the Magic Mind Control Device was unleashed with great success this week on a couple of footballer-shaped guinea pigs.

First up was the toughest test of all - Samuel Eto’o. “ZAP!” went the gun. “If the club want me, I’ll stay after 2010,” mono-toned the Cameroonian striker.

Next up, it was Eto'o’s francophone friend, Thierry Henry, a player who needed the weapon's most powerful setting. “Catalunya is not Spain,” droned the French forward to La Vanguardia before wandering out into the street.

“Catalunya is not Spain... Catalunya is not Spain... Catalunya is not...”

LLL Prediction - Away win

Valencia (5th) vs Valladolid (10th)

One half of La Liga Loca spent a number of years on the mean streets of Brighton-and-Hove. And there was one main rule.

When spotting a fine, female figure from afar avoid the Sid James phwarrr until you are sure that your object of desire is an Adam’s Apple free zone.

But that won’t be a problem for, Valencia boss, Unai Emery in case he ever decided to take up the reigns at the Withdean. That’s because the man from Mestalla is in touch with his metrosexual side and has a gaydar set to stun.

“I’ve had gay team-mates and they’ve never told me,” revealed Emery to the local Valencia press this week. “I can spot when a player is homosexual.”

Betis (16th) vs Villarreal (4th)

Pity poor Manuel Pellegrini. Life would be a whole lot simpler for the Villarreal manager if it wasn’t for pesky opposition players coming to El Madrigal ruining his football fun.

Last week, the Chilean coach complained when Sporting came to town and refused to roll over and be tickled by the Yellow Submarine - if a submersible has that ability.

And now the object of Pellegrini’s ire is Panathinaikos, who grabbed a 1-1 draw in the Champions League on Wednesday night.

“They lacked ambition,” complained Manuel on Ten Cate’s men. “They came looking for a result and they got it.”

LLL Prediction - Away win (providing Betis don’t try, of course)

Post by Guest Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:04 pm

was just about to do start this trend.

we have only won at atletico once in a don't know how long, but we need the result come sunday
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:19 pm

And Athletic-Sevilla is of course a preview of their upcoming Copa semifinal 2nd leg, so there could be some interesting storylines there.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:15 pm

2-1 Kanoute
    Great goal by Kanoute who has had a great performance today with two goals after Sevilla went down against the run of play. In this goal Kanoute takes the ball down from a long ball between two defenders and elegantly pulls to the right and finishes clinically in a Ronaldo like fashion.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:03 pm

The Perotti kid looked good.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:07 pm

The game ends 2-1 to Sevilla. Hope I get to see more Bilbao games because the ones I remember have been good and interesting. Kanoute today was great and I think I saw him do at least 2 Zidane feints(don't know the name in english)

Real Madrid line up:

Ramos------Pepe---Cannavaro---Heinze Grr

------------------Lass---------------

Higuain-------Sneijder--------Robben-----

-----------Huntelaar---Raul------------------

I think Juande is trying to make up for the more boring football from wednesday by going all out today. Surely this can't work with somebody like De La Pena in their side. Perhaps Juande is gearing the side up for a more offensive tactic that could be used at Anfield.
    Torrente
    Torrente

Number of posts : 5489
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by Torrente Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:55 pm

Well, it looks like we're back to the mind-numbingly boring football. Juande must be on crack putting Raul in midfield, he's given the ball every time he touched it. Higuain, Robben, and Huntelaar have all been awful as well though. Only Lass and Pepe deserve any credit.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:57 pm

Sneijder has also been completely annonymous. All of our players are sh!t.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:02 pm

Torrente wrote:Well, it looks like we're back to the mind-numbingly boring football. Juande must be on crack putting Raul in midfield, he's given the ball every time he touched it. Higuain, Robben, and Huntelaar have all been awful as well though. Only Lass and Pepe deserve any credit.
    You can't blame Juande for this Torrente. He has tried to go for an ultra attacking formation today. Problem is that Sneijder is not somebody you want to string passes together and create play but more charge into or around the box to get goals. Currently we have Raul,Huntelaar,Higuain who will search for the box so he is forced to the flanks or in center but not in the box.

Raul for whatever reason is dropping too far back and in general our play seems without organisation at all and as if Juande just thought put alot of attacking players on at the same time they would simply click. This hasn't happened at all and there is no timing or coherence in our play.

First thing I would do is take out of Sneijder and put in VDV and hope he can change it up a bit and then see how Robben does in the first 15 mins and if he does bad then use Marcelo because Robben isn't helping our attacking play much because he seems to want it in his feet to much. Perhaps if somebody actually delivered the through balls he would make the runs though.
    elbecko

Number of posts : 1129
    Registration date : 2007-10-06

Post by elbecko Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:03 pm

Super Madrid wrote:The game ends 2-1 to Sevilla. Hope I get to see more Bilbao games because the ones I remember have been good and interesting. Kanoute today was great and I think I saw him do at least 2 Zidane feints(don't know the name in english)

Real Madrid line up:

Ramos------Pepe---Cannavaro---Heinze Grr

------------------Lass---------------

Higuain-------Sneijder--------Robben-----

-----------Huntelaar---Raul------------------

I think Juande is trying to make up for the more boring football from wednesday by going all out today. Surely this can't work with somebody like De La Pena in their side. Perhaps Juande is gearing the side up for a more offensive tactic that could be used at Anfield.
    Well, I didn't think it would be successfully attacking, and it hasn't.

Huntelaar is only effective if he can get a lot of chances (especially to his feet) but cannot create, for his own( or even entire families') life, goal out of anything other than clear-cut chance as far as I have seen him play. The contingent of Dutch have been the waste of money as much as the government bail out of the banks.
    elbecko

Number of posts : 1129
    Registration date : 2007-10-06

Post by elbecko Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:06 pm

Torrente wrote:Well, it looks like we're back to the mind-numbingly boring football. Juande must be on crack putting Raul in midfield, he's given the ball every time he touched it. Higuain, Robben, and Huntelaar have all been awful as well though. Only Lass and Pepe deserve any credit.
    Yeah, for his effort, he'll miss the derby next week...
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:09 pm

Until we get an actual playmaker to dictate our game in midfield and right winger to give balance to our attack we will continue to play sh!t football.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:10 pm

What a horrible game. Shocked
    Which is strange because there has been alot of space for both teams to use.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:12 pm

Anyone got a link for the game? My satellite just went out. Grr
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:13 pm

Jaime wrote:Anyone got a link for the game? My satellite just went out. Grr
    Try http://www.veetle.com/viewChannel.php?cid=481e97808da07
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:15 pm

Says the channel is out. THanks though.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:16 pm

Jaime wrote:Says the channel is out. THanks though.
    Try Rojadirecta.com

Sneijder coming off and Higuain aswell.
    Marcelo in and Guti aswell.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:20 pm

Thanks, didn't realize rojadirecta had streams for live matches.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:23 pm

Jaime wrote:Thanks, didn't realize rojadirecta had streams for live matches.
    Shocked
    Prob the best site for getting streams. It is right in the front page on your left you can see all the names.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:25 pm

GUTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
    FROM A FREEKICK Shocked
    Cristiano
    Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
    Supports : Real Madrid
    Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
    Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:25 pm

Guti!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cristiano
    Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
    Supports : Real Madrid
    Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
    Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:29 pm

Raul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:30 pm

RAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLL

HE DOES IT AGAIN WITH A RUNNING SHOT. cheers

ONE GOAL CLOSER Cool

Post by Guest Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:33 pm

why am i not surprised, hope the earth opens up and the fuckers get sucked in and burn forever.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:35 pm

Messiah wrote:why am i not surprised, hope the earth opens up and the fuckers get sucked in and burn forever.
    Sad
    Stop crying because Barca are falling under the pressure. Espanyol had beat us the last 4 games at their home stadium and in the last 3 games at the Bernabeu they have been trouble getting a draw from us this season.

Atletico on the other hand... Biggrin
    L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:35 pm

What's that 33 wins in a row now for Madrid? still the negativity is somewhat shocking, some faults but all these wins must mean something. With Gerrard maybe out also i wouldn't write the cl off especially if he uses more attack minded formations.

As much as Raul often looks shite when i see him play, he still bags a lot of fucking goals
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:39 pm

L-r d wrote:What's that 33 wins in a row now for Madrid? still the negativity is somewhat shocking, some faults but all these wins must mean something. With Gerrard maybe out also i wouldn't write the cl off especially if he uses more attack minded formations.

As much as Raul often looks shite when i see him play, he still bags a lot of fucking goals
    I gues it is 9/10 games now but this one has been a rather strange because we tried to attack with only a single player in midfield almost and 5 attacking players. It hasn't really worked though.

The Cl game would need alot of luck imo because Liverpool will likely not attack that much even at home and a goal ahead.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:40 pm

THE OLD GUARD! cheers

Torrente will be furious! Wink
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:43 pm

Jaime wrote:THE OLD GUARD! cheers

Torrente will be furious! Wink
    Smile
    Guti was bad in the first 5 mins but has stepped up his game with some good passes. If only he could have played like this against Liverpool.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 2:14 pm