Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+45
TM
Balls Grayson
COTR
Zack
Chocolate Thunder
SuperMario
Rosicky
Pierre Littbarski
Fade out
Deluded F*ck™
Khadrim
The Bulk
The Vermonster
TITO
Isco Benny
The Pröfessör
Roger Hunt
Ricardo Jol
Cesc Soler
Murray
Batman
Super Progress
TheCrazy58
S4P
shazlx
Fey
Bashmachkin
Black Magic
Parks lives
L r dd
Tom
Jaime
Romford Pele
Dwarf
fcb
Sheffield gunner
Deano
Di Caniooooo!
debaser
Football Genius
Glenarch of the Glen
Riviera
christmasborocooper
Kimbo
Luis
49 posters

Premier League (Champions league) discussion 21st/22nd March

TITO
    TITO

Number of posts : 3155
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Premier League (Champions league) discussion 21st/22nd March - Page 21 Empty Re: Premier League (Champions league) discussion 21st/22nd March

Post by TITO Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:49 pm

COTR wrote:
    The Bulk wrote:
    Glenn Wright-Phillips wrote:
    The Bulk wrote:Wow! Liverpool are on fire at the minute. Just absolutely exceptional just now.

Why the transformation from good team to a team capable of obliterating anyone at the moment?

What has changed?

Gerrard and Torres are both fit, and they're a lot better than Keane and Babel.

Really? That's it? Have Torres and Gerrard only started playing in the same starting eleven this season in the last month?

Amazing that two players in an already very good team can augment that team's ability to the extent that they can defeat anyone in the world at the moment.

Well they are both arguably in the top 5 players in the world

Who are the other 3?
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Premier League (Champions league) discussion 21st/22nd March - Page 21 Empty Re: Premier League (Champions league) discussion 21st/22nd March

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:50 pm

Messi Ronaldo and Tuncay.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:59 pm

Wrong Coops.

It's Messi, Kuyt & Tuncay.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:59 pm

Good call.
    Balls Grayson
    Balls Grayson

Number of posts : 1315
    Supports : Italy, Spain
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by Balls Grayson Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:01 pm

Gerrard has 21 goals now, that is more than anyone has ever scored.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:06 pm

Good win for us today, it should have been by more but Fulop made some good saves. Still after playing 120mins on Thurday im very happy to get the win and go just 3 points off 7th.

Richards was back to his best today, fucking brilliant performance by him. He and SWP are begining to builup a great relationship on the right. I even saw them holding hands midway through the second half.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:28 pm

I notice Johnson still isn't back from his "groin strain" goater. What's the craic?
    Riviera
    Riviera

Number of posts : 5411
    Favourite Player : Iniesta, Hangeland
    Registration date : 2007-04-11

Post by Riviera Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:45 pm

I'll tell you what's his kinda crack is Wink
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:48 pm

Premier League (Champions league) discussion 21st/22nd March - Page 21 2agt3c
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:06 pm

Kimbo wrote:I notice Johnson still isn't back from his "groin strain" goater. What's the craic?

There was an article on hm and Petrov in the programme today, he (like Petrov ) is back in training now mate and should be back in action before the end of the season. It will be great to have both back.

With both of those back we will have an awsome midfield with Ireland, Robinho, Petrov, SWP, De Jong, Kompany, Zabaleta, Elano and Johnson all able to play there.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:11 pm

The HuddFather™️ wrote:I think even when Liverpool play well like today, people will still accuse you of playing ugly, because even though you do keep it on the floor, there's a lot of pressure, speed, drive & work-rate to your play.

There's still not a player in your squad, apart from maybe Benayoun, who you'd call a technical magician.

You overrun & flatten teams rather than cut them apart with flair and style. Not saying that it's a bad way to win games though, it's extremely effective and is good to watch for the most part.
    ok
    Pretty much said exactly what I was thinking. Also what does PGD stand for?
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:22 pm

Super Madrid wrote:
    The HuddFather™️ wrote:I think even when Liverpool play well like today, people will still accuse you of playing ugly, because even though you do keep it on the floor, there's a lot of pressure, speed, drive & work-rate to your play.

There's still not a player in your squad, apart from maybe Benayoun, who you'd call a technical magician.

You overrun & flatten teams rather than cut them apart with flair and style. Not saying that it's a bad way to win games though, it's extremely effective and is good to watch for the most part.
    ok

TS - what about Alonso as well as Benayoun ?

Its a valid point but that's modern football not Liverpool.

Chelsea and United are no better possibly even worse.

This is why I get so pissed off with the media re Man U - telling us that they're really attacking and entertaining Rolling Eyes

United only have Scholes and Rooney who are magician's.

Chelsea only have J.Cole, Quaresma and possibly Deco.

Arsenal have a few but they're way behind in the league and that tells us everything.

Pace, Grit and Determination
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:33 pm

That Sunderland sending off was a fucking joke.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:34 pm

Did that manager just say "set peach" on MOTD, or is it me ? Laugh
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:53 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:
    Super Madrid wrote:

ok

TS - what about Alonso as well as Benayoun ?

Its a valid point but that's modern football not Liverpool.

Chelsea and United are no better possibly even worse.

This is why I get so pissed off with the media re Man U - telling us that they're really attacking and entertaining Rolling Eyes

United only have Scholes and Rooney who are magician's.

Chelsea only have J.Cole, Quaresma and possibly Deco.

Arsenal have a few but they're way behind in the league and that tells us everything.

Pace, Grit and Determination

I did think about including Alonso, but then if you want to include him, you have to include Carrick for Man Utd, and what about Giggs & surely Berbatov scratch

Agreed on Chelsea though.
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:25 am

Glenn Wright-Phillips wrote:Premier League (Champions league) discussion 21st/22nd March - Page 21 HOLY_CRACK_COCAINE_BATMAN_D__by_Absynthe_Rose_1313

Laugh

debaser wrote:
    Ade wrote:It will be a draw or a fairly comfortable win, say 2-0.

I shall be heading to the match in an hour or so, so I will go for a latter like scenario Very Happy
    I hope you have a miserable afternoon Wink

Not quite miserable, twas rather enjoyable actually cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:44 am