Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Glenarch of the Glen
Aristoskank
Rosicky
Parks lives
Batman
Fey
Luis
Riviera
L r dd
COTR
SuperMario
15 posters

Liverpool not to win the EPL until 2014

SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Liverpool not to win the EPL until 2014 Empty Liverpool not to win the EPL until 2014

Post by SuperMario Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:25 pm

Benitez signs long-term Reds deal

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has ended speculation over his future at Anfield by signing a new deal that will keep him at the club until 2014.
    Benitez's long-term future had been in doubt following behind-the-scenes problems at Liverpool.
    "My heart is with Liverpool, so I'm delighted to sign this new deal," said the 48-year-old.
    "I love the club, the fans and the city and with a club and supporters like this, I could never say no to staying."
    More to follow.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Liverpool not to win the EPL until 2014 Empty Re: Liverpool not to win the EPL until 2014

Post by COTR Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:30 pm

Liverpool not to win the EPL until 2014 Danc

We'll have to settle for being the number one ranked team in europe for a little longer to make up for it I guess
    COTR
    COTR

Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Liverpool not to win the EPL until 2014 Empty Re: Liverpool not to win the EPL until 2014

Post by COTR Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:33 pm

OFFICIAL

EXCLUSIVE: RAFA SIGNS NEW CONTRACT
    Paul Rogers 18 March 2009
    Rafa Benitez has signed a contract extension with Liverpool FC, keeping him at the club until 2014.
    The Liverpool manager has extended his current deal, which took him to the end of next season, by a further four years.

"My heart is with Liverpool Football Club, so I'm delighted to sign this new deal," said Rafa. "I love the club, the fans and the city and with a club like this and supporters like this, I could never say no to staying. I always made clear I wanted to be here for a long time and when I complete my new contract it will mean I have spent over a decade in Liverpool.

"The club is greatly respected around the world due to its incredible history and tremendous heritage. It is my aim to uphold those values and help create a new chapter in our history.

"Throughout this process, I would like to thank the owners for their hard work in finalising the deal. All of us at the club want the same thing, which is to be successful by winning major trophies."

The completion of contract talks with Rafa is the third major boost for Liverpool fans in recent days, coming after fabulous wins against Real Madrid in the Champions League and Manchester United in the Premier League. The 4-1 win at Old Trafford saw Rafa achieve 100 league wins in the third fastest period of time for a Liverpool manager, surpassing Bill Shankly.

Liverpool Co-Chairman Tom Hicks said: "It is wonderful news that Rafa has made a long-term commitment to the football club. Since he became manager in 2004, he has been responsible for the great progress we have made. I know he will continue to build on his achievements as he has a tremendous hunger and desire to bring more success to the club - success our fans and everyone connected with the club deserves."

Co-Chairman George Gillett added: "With Rafa continuing to manage the team, we can look forward to more great football and success on the pitch. He has special abilities and qualities which are admired here at the club and around the world. Coming after our excellent wins over Real Madrid and Manchester United, this gives us great momentum going into the final stages of the season."

Rafa joined the Reds in 2004 following a successful period in charge of Spanish club Valencia, who he guided to two La Liga titles and a UEFA Cup success.

While he has been at the helm, Liverpool won the UEFA Champions League in Istanbul in 2005, the FA Cup the following year and reached another Champions League final in Athens in 2007. He has also overseen success in both the UEFA Super Cup and Community Shield.

The club are currently the number one team in Europe according to UEFA's co-efficient ranking system, based on results over the past five years in European competition.
    L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:47 pm

COTR wrote:Liverpool not to win the EPL until 2014 Danc

We'll have to settle for being the number one ranked team in europe for a little longer to make up for it I guess

Laugh The same rankings that put Sevilla above Man Utd....yeah great
    Riviera
    Riviera

Number of posts : 5411
    Favourite Player : Iniesta, Hangeland
    Registration date : 2007-04-11

Post by Riviera Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:50 pm

If I'm not mistaken, everyone was posting the "news" of him being fired a few weeks ago? pff
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:09 pm

Fantastic news, nothing more to say.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:11 pm

Mixed feelings about this! Now this will also mean that Kuyt will extend his contract Sad
    Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071

Post by Batman Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:21 pm

Jacko

Who's Bad?

Spoiler:
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:24 pm

You can almost hear the simultaneous cursing of all the regular champions league clubs throughout Europe!
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:17 am

Batman wrote:Jacko

Who's Bad?

Spoiler:

Very Happy
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:24 am

COTR wrote:Liverpool not to win the EPL until 2014 Danc

lol! lol! lol! lol!
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Number of posts : 9733
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post by Aristoskank Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:19 pm

COTR #6 wrote:Liverpool not to win the EPL until 2014 Danc

COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:33 pm

Stimulus Package wrote:

ObSeSsEd

Book Nerd Twat Geek
    L r dd

Post by L r dd Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:39 pm

COTR #6 wrote:
    Stimulus Package wrote:

ObSeSsEd

Book Nerd Twat Geek

Not number 1 no more Ale
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:49 pm

that's a double negative Lrd

I think what you meant to write is: Not not number 1 no more

Thanks
    L r dd

Post by L r dd Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:52 pm

Alberto Aqglenani wrote:that's a double negative Lrd

I think what you meant to write is: Not not number 1 no more

Thanks

What?
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Post by Aristoskank Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:44 pm

L r dd wrote:What?
    UK_Andy

Number of posts : 255
    Registration date : 2009-09-02

Post by UK_Andy Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:27 pm

Wonder how long it will be before Hicks and Gillett up and sell then. I think if Liverpool haven't won a title within 3 years of that Benitez will be out the door, but at this rate it won't be before 2014 anyway!
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Post by Aristoskank Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:36 am

Premier League - Barclays 'tasked to sell Liverpool'

Barclays will back a £300 million refinancing at Liverpool that will lead to the sale of the Premier League club, according to The Sunday Times.

The newspaper said the bank is this weekend finalising a deal that will see it replace the club's current lenders, provide more funds for manager Rafael Benitez to spend on players and install British Airways chairman Martin Broughton as chairman.

It added that Barclays Capital had been hired to find a buyer for the club - 18 times English champions and five-times winners of the European Cup - which is owned by American businessmen Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

The club has outstanding loans of £237m and its lenders, Royal Bank of Scotland and Wachovia, an American bank, have demanded £100m by July.

The Sunday Times said Barclays, the main sponsor of the Premier League, will replace RBS and Wachovia, and provide the Merseyside club with additional capital.

It added that according to banking sources Broughton had been given the job of steering through the refinancing and, with Barclays Capital, finding a new owner.

Analysts have suggested Liverpool is worth £500m but the paper said Barclays is understood to believe it would fetch far more if given time to improve its trading.

"Broughton is the kind of international business figure who will be able to bring in the standard of bidders Liverpool should attract," one source told The Sunday Times.

Benitez was quoted in British media on Sunday as saying Liverpool needed to bring in more players to compete and may even have to sell a few to be able to reinvest.

"It doesn't matter if it's four or five or three or five, the cost of a top class player is £15m or £20m. So with three or four players, you start counting and I think we need up to four new players," he said in The People.

"I don't think I will have to sell a big player, but it will depend on the investors so I cannot guarantee we won't have to sell. Our idea is to keep the spine of the team."

Borrowing money to buy players? That's a very slippery slope.
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:18 am

True but much depends on the new owners. If the loan repayment requirements disappear then all problems are solved, apart from Lucas Wink

If this isn't sorted before the summer it could ruin next season as well with the free transfer of Jovanovic being our big money signing. We'll have a new £20m midfielder next season as well so Rafa can add to other areas with the few pennies he gets.
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Post by Aristoskank Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:03 pm

I don't think the requirement to pay debts is going to disappear just because Barclays are assuming those debts instead of RBS...
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:15 pm

Also in the papers today: Benitez wants 60 million Yikes

Obviously some massive spin going on there, but you can already foresee more disagreements between him and the owners this summer.

But let's have some fun since transfer speculation is always more interesting than reality...Liverpool fans: suppose Benitez did get 60 million, how would you like to see him spend it?
    Six
    Six

Number of posts : 4390
    Registration date : 2009-01-14

Post by Six Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:26 pm

To find new investors and start building a new stadium
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:30 pm

Dr Adel Sabah wrote:I don't think the requirement to pay debts is going to disappear just because Barclays are assuming those debts instead of RBS...

Which is why I said much depends on the new owners Adel Sabah. Barclays are being hired to help with the process of finding new owners to give a more attractive governance structure to deal with rather than the two idiots we currently have. If the new owners gear the takeover properly then of course the problems disappear.

@ Kas

Martinez, David Luis and any good wide player and we would be back in the mix again. I'm assuming Jovanovic can be an adequate stand in for Torres.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:32 pm

Next decade will be *our* decade ! ok

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:13 pm