Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Football Genius
gone
A & K
Fade out
MauriceG75
Tom
L r dd
forza_rossi
Chocolate Thunder
debaser
Riviera
Yef
fcb
Axeslammer
Ricardo Jol
Six
Rosicky
Romford Pele
Deluded F*ck™
DeLux
Aristoskank
Kimbo
Fey
S4P
28 posters

Essien v Kuyt

Poll

Who is better?

[ 25 ]
    Essien v Kuyt - Page 4 Bar_left40%Essien v Kuyt - Page 4 Bar_right [40%] 
    [ 38 ]
    Essien v Kuyt - Page 4 Bar_left60%Essien v Kuyt - Page 4 Bar_right [60%] 

Total Votes: 63
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Essien v Kuyt - Page 4 Empty Re: Essien v Kuyt

Post by S4P Tue May 19, 2009 2:48 pm

Messiah wrote:
    S4P wrote:Milan may swap Kaka for Xavi & Iniesta but not Essien? Laughing

Do you think they'd swap Kaka for Biscuits too?

oh my god your so funny Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

where did i say that

"Milan wouldn't swap Kaka for Essien

Maybe Xavi
    Maybe Iniesta"

Rolling Eyes
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Axeslammer Tue May 19, 2009 2:52 pm

Messiah wrote:

i'm sure if the chlelsea fans are honest with themselves, they would trace a essien for kaka

I'm not a chlelsea fan, but I'd take Essien over Kaka every day of the week Ale

Kaka was overhyped to begin with and he hasn't gotten any better the past 2 years...
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Tue May 19, 2009 2:53 pm

Ballack wrote:Probably wouldn't trade Essien for Kaka. Essien is proven in the Premierleague and the Champions League. He's established himself as not only the best midfielder in the club, but also in England and there aren't many clubs out there that wouldn't like to have him on their books.

When Kaka scores a left footed volley from 20 yards against Barcelona in a Champions League final despite playing in a holding role, come back to me.

Kaka has also proven himself in the CL, and is one of the best attacking midfielders in the world.

I doubt any manager would be stupid enough to play Kaka in a holding role, so your demand seems a bit unrealistic.

Don't see why it has to be a final either (did Essien ever score a left foot volley in the CL final?).

FYI, Kaka did score a left volley in a CL semifinal (which is what Essien did the other week).
    gone
    gone

Number of posts : 3455
    Supports : Steaua
    Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by gone Tue May 19, 2009 3:10 pm

Kimbo wrote:I've got to say, i would take Essien over any midfielder in the world, you can even include the mighty Kaka in that if you want.

When Essien wins (almost) single-handedly a CL for Chelsea then we'll talk. This season he might be better then Kaka but overall not a chance.
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Tue May 19, 2009 3:16 pm

I wouldn't swap Essien for Kaka anyway. Lampard (who isn't as good a player as Kaka before anyone asks) guarantees 20 PL goals a season + a few CL goals. In losing Essien, we would lose the engine of our midfield.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Tue May 19, 2009 3:20 pm

S4P wrote:I wouldn't swap Essien for Kaka anyway. Lampard (who isn't as good a player as Kaka before anyone asks) guarantees 20 PL goals a season + a few CL goals. In losing Essien, we would lose the engine of our midfield.

When has Lampard ever got 20 PL goals in a season?
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Tue May 19, 2009 3:23 pm

15 goals sorry. 20 for the club for the whole season (which is slightly more than Kaka)
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Tue May 19, 2009 3:31 pm

S4P wrote:15 goals sorry. 20 for the club for the whole season (which is slightly more than Kaka)

Kaka's goals to game ratio at Milan is higher than that of Lampard at Chelsea.

But its fair enough to stick with the player who is proven in the EPL and who fits in with the team.

Milan could possibly swap Kaka for Essien if they got some money aswell. Gourcuff or Ronaldinho could play in Kaka's position, while Essien would be an awesome replacement for the ageing Gattuso/Ambrosini and he could possibly play in Seedorf's position aswell.
    Six
    Six

Number of posts : 4390
    Supports : Liverpool
    Registration date : 2009-01-14

Post by Six Tue May 19, 2009 3:32 pm

I would take Kaka over Essien. There's simply more players out there closer to Essien's level in that position than there are players who can do what Kaka does. You don't build a team around a player like Essien, even at Chelsea he is deferential to Lampard so I would go with the manager's on this.
    gone
    gone

Number of posts : 3455
    Supports : Steaua
    Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by gone Tue May 19, 2009 3:33 pm

S4P wrote:15 goals sorry. 20 for the club for the whole season (which is slightly more than Kaka)

This whole season also includes the League Cup? Because Lampard always score a few there too.

In the league, for Milan, Kaka 188 apps and 68 goals. Lampard has for Chelsea 278 apps and 83 goals.

In Europe Kaka has 24 goals in 63 games, Lampard has 20 in 70 games.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue May 19, 2009 3:40 pm

A Lampard-Kaka' comparison?

This is one of those "I wish Obi was here" moments.
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Number of posts : 9733
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post by Aristoskank Tue May 19, 2009 3:49 pm

Messiah wrote:did that have a positive effect on the result for Chelsea

NO

what did that goal mean for Chelsea

absolutely nothing

at least when the likes of kaka and dinho score/assit in the CL SM their team goes on to win.

And this is purely because it is Dinho/Kaka who has scored/assisted? That makes so much of a difference that no matter what the opposition does the result won't be affected?

their actions had a positive effect on the outcome of a game, that's what players like them do, they decide games.

they don't just score a wonder goal, that means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Essien did decide the game - until he took pity on what the Native North Americans calls 'runs sideways a lot' his goal was taking Chelsea to the final.

In fact, no other player on the pitch had the same influence on the critical moments of that game than Essien.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Tue May 19, 2009 3:53 pm

Stimulus Package wrote:
    And this is purely because it is Dinho/Kaka who has scored/assisted? That makes so much of a difference that no matter what the opposition does the result won't be affected?

To be fair Saints, Kaka scored 3 out of the 5 goals for Milan in the semi final against Man Utd, with the 2 away goals being particularly crucial to the final outcome.
    Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tom Tue May 19, 2009 3:59 pm

Yeh, sorry about my earlier point, I did mean Champions League Semi-Final but Kaka did score and pretty much rip Man Utd apart so that was a null point really.

I think it's hard for supporters of either sides or nations domestic football to fully grasp the importance of the respective players. Essien is vital to Chelsea; he's the man that allows Lampard to get into his positions and score his 15PL goals a season. Lampard has, if he scores 1 more this season, scored 20 goals a season in all competitions for the past 4 years.

Comparing Lampard to Kaka is pretty ridiculous because both teams are set up differently. If Essien was at Milan, I think that it could potentially improve the Milan team with Kaka in it because of how good Essien is. He can do he Pirlo role of playing the ball around, he can do the Gattuso role of being the dog figher and the energetic midfielder and he can also do the Seedorf role.

When Essien was injured at the start of the season we began to turn pretty shit. Mikel is a lazy Essien, but a player that is talented nonetheless. And so without the energy and drive of Essien in midfield, our season began to fall apart.
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Post by Aristoskank Tue May 19, 2009 4:00 pm

@ Bobo

I'm not denying Kaka is a tremendous footballer, or that he has influenced games at a very high level.

I'm denying that these were the only factors in determining the results of those games.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Tue May 19, 2009 4:49 pm

Stimulus Package wrote:@ Bobo

I'm not denying Kaka is a tremendous footballer, or that he has influenced games at a very high level.

I'm denying that these were the only factors in determining the results of those games.

Well his goals were a very big factor in determining the result of the game.

I see your point though. In Essien's case, the fact that he scored Chelsea's only goal and that Chelsea went out doesn't make his goal any less great and it doesn't decrease the importance the goal had at the time.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Tue May 19, 2009 9:14 pm

Ballack wrote:Yeh, sorry about my earlier point, I did mean Champions League Semi-Final but Kaka did score and pretty much rip Man Utd apart so that was a null point really.

I think it's hard for supporters of either sides or nations domestic football to fully grasp the importance of the respective players. Essien is vital to Chelsea; he's the man that allows Lampard to get into his positions and score his 15PL goals a season. Lampard has, if he scores 1 more this season, scored 20 goals a season in all competitions for the past 4 years.

Comparing Lampard to Kaka is pretty ridiculous because both teams are set up differently. If Essien was at Milan, I think that it could potentially improve the Milan team with Kaka in it because of how good Essien is. He can do he Pirlo role of playing the ball around, he can do the Gattuso role of being the dog figher and the energetic midfielder and he can also do the Seedorf role.

When Essien was injured at the start of the season we began to turn pretty shit. Mikel is a lazy Essien, but a player that is talented nonetheless. And so without the energy and drive of Essien in midfield, our season began to fall apart.
    I like Essien and he is a superb player and if you reall want to see how versatile he is you should see him for Ghana. He plays like their playmaker and if I hadn't seen him for Chelsea I would think that is his normal role however no way in hell can Essien do what Pirlo does infact nobody can do what Pirlo does at least when he is on form. What Essien can do is offer somebody who doesn't need another Dm next to him and who can go forward which Pirlo has little difficulty with because of lack of physique. Essien in Gattuso's place would be too good hopefully it doesn't happen. However I would love to see Essien play more offensively like he does for Ghana but a bit like Rooney he suffers from being forced to accomodate other players.

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 9:16 pm

S4P wrote:
    Messiah wrote:
    S4P wrote:Milan may swap Kaka for Xavi & Iniesta but not Essien? Laughing

Do you think they'd swap Kaka for Biscuits too?

oh my god your so funny Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

where did i say that

"Milan wouldn't swap Kaka for Essien

Maybe Xavi
    Maybe Iniesta"

Rolling Eyes

i meant would barca trade those two for essien
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Post by Aristoskank Wed May 20, 2009 12:06 am

58 votes...
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by The Easter Bunny Wed May 20, 2009 12:09 am

Kuyt (y)
    He's works harder than Essien and he is Dutch, therefore he is one of the best technical players on the planet
    WG
    Punty
    Magic
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Thu May 21, 2009 8:14 pm

Well this proves what we've all known for ages: Calciopoli has got nothing on fey. <Ale>
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Thu May 21, 2009 8:35 pm

Our winner cheers

Essien v Kuyt - Page 4 Article-1078692-022A22E3000005DC-113_468x320

Essien v Kuyt - Page 4 20080118153950b9b82
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Thu May 21, 2009 8:42 pm

Are people generally trying to WUM with this Kuyt hype. Didn't see the point of this thread anyway.
    forza_rossi
    forza_rossi

Number of posts : 2563

Post by forza_rossi Thu May 21, 2009 9:59 pm

No its because Kuyt is amazing.
    Riviera
    Riviera

Number of posts : 5411
    Favourite Player : Iniesta, Hangeland
    Registration date : 2007-04-11

Post by Riviera Thu May 21, 2009 10:52 pm

No Kuyt is dutch Rolling Eyes
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Fri May 22, 2009 10:45 am

Riviera wrote:No Kuyt is dutch Rolling Eyes

So are Sneijder and allegedly Von Bommel, do you see anyone hyping them ?
    Riviera
    Riviera

Number of posts : 5411
    Favourite Player : Iniesta, Hangeland
    Registration date : 2007-04-11

Post by Riviera Fri May 22, 2009 10:56 am

Axeslammer wrote:
    Riviera wrote:No Kuyt is dutch Rolling Eyes

So are Sneijder and allegedly Von Bommel, do you see anyone hyping them ?

They were the hype, until the world saw them for what they are.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 4:41 am