Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+31
Solitude
forza_rossi
King Modric
elbecko
Pras_tama
L r dd
Tweesus
Antarion
A & K
Napoléon
Romford Pele
gone
Hlebagone
Dualist
bluenine
shane
Tom
Murray
fcb
Fade out
Torrente
Fey
Black Magic
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
blutgraetsche
Super Progress
Red n' Black
BoBo Vieri 32
TM
Calidad
Jaime
35 posters

Group C: Milan, Real Madrid, Marseille, Zurich

Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Group C: Milan, Real Madrid, Marseille, Zurich Empty Group C: Milan, Real Madrid, Marseille, Zurich

Post by Jaime Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:33 pm

Let the discussions begin....
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Group C: Milan, Real Madrid, Marseille, Zurich Empty Re: Group C: Milan, Real Madrid, Marseille, Zurich

Post by Calidad Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:34 pm

Milan could be in for a rough time of it.
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Group C: Milan, Real Madrid, Marseille, Zurich Empty Re: Group C: Milan, Real Madrid, Marseille, Zurich

Post by TM Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:16 pm

Really?

I know Milan are lacking WC players, but they still have Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato and Ronaldinho. Leonardo seems to have the team alot fitter physically.

Techincally we should finish 2nd - "I'd be happy with that" <Ale>
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:22 pm

Milan's first team is still pretty good. If they get injuries they will be screwed though.
    Red n' Black
    Red n' Black

Number of posts : 1499
    Supports : AC Milan
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by Red n' Black Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:37 pm

Our team is an enigma but some sections of the media have painted us as a really hapless side and will probably end up with egg in their face(I'm talking about retarded predictions from goal.crap and channel4 that we will finish 6th in the league etc). I mean if you take what these folks say seriously then we might as well not show up to play the games. Laughing

We do have a better/more balanced first team than last year and while we're not one of the favourites to win the competition(which is something I agree with) or one of the best teams in the world we should be good enough to qualify.

If both Marseille and Real finish on top of us then kudos to them; it means that we didn't deserve to go through.

Can't wait.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:40 pm

Red n' Black wrote:Our team is an enigma but some sections of the media have painted us as a really hapless side and will probably end up with egg in their face(I'm talking about retarded predictions from goal.crap and channel4 that we will finish 6th in the league etc). I mean if you take what these folks say seriously then we might as well not show up to play the games. Laughing

We do have a better/more balanced first team than last year and while we're not one of the favourites to win the competition(which is something I agree with) or one of the best teams in the world we should be good enough to qualify.

If both Marseille and Real finish on top of us then kudos to them; it means that we didn't deserve to go through.

Can't wait.
    I feel the same way about Real Madrid that they should be able qualify and if they don't we don't belong in the last 16.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:46 pm

I hope Real get stuffed badly! Grr
    TM
    TM

Post by TM Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:52 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:I hope Real get stuffed badly! Grr

Why? What did we ever do to you?! Crying or Very sad
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:58 pm

TM wrote:
    blutgraetsche wrote:I hope Real get stuffed badly! Grr

Why? What did we ever do to you?! Crying or Very sad
    Thank Moi cheers Don't worry we don't need the support of a Barca lover and somebody who is clearly anti-danish.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:30 pm

I'm not anti-Danish at all! Grr TM, you have to thank Super De La Red for that! He is a very biased anti-German bafoon. Hope he'll have an omelette on his face at the end of the season! Grr

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:46 pm

Oh boy where to begin. We have a very tough group, and I agree with Calidad--we will have a rough go of it.

On the plus side, last time we played Real in the group stage we went on to win the tournament Smile.
    TM
    TM

Post by TM Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:42 pm

We have a poor recent record against Italian opposition esp in Italy.

There's hope Forza <Ale>
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:44 pm

What happened the last two times Roma visited Madrid? Can't complain and say your squad was shit two years ago, Totti scored the winner in your Makelele days. cheers
    TM
    TM

Post by TM Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:54 pm

Black Magic wrote:What happened the last two times Roma visited Madrid? Can't complain and say your squad was shit two years ago, Totti scored the winner in your Makelele days. cheers

You bastards got lucky last time around, we actually tried to play football.

Whereas you guys parked the bus and scored on the counter! Evil or Very Mad

Oh well you guys brought Baptista from us afterwards! lol!
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:01 pm

The first leg, somewhat. But Robben was tearing pieces in our defence, we adjusted accordingly in the second half, we had to.

Second leg, we were comfortably the better side. Aquilani ran the show and we should have won by more - Raul scored a goal about 5 yards offside and we hit the crossbar twice and the post once.

And the other time we met in the CL, Cassano killed you and then you went on to tap him up. Contes. Mad
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:06 pm

I expect nothing less then 18 points for Madrid + the teeth of Huntelaar as a trophy.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:11 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:Oh boy where to begin. We have a very tough group, and I agree with Calidad--we will have a rough go of it.

On the plus side, last time we played Real in the group stage we went on to win the tournament Smile.
    Hopefully this time if Raul scores it will count as a real goal and not a hand goal. Doh

Milan in Cl is too good and Dinho is back plus Nesta-Thiago will hard to break. What are the dates for the games?
    Jaime
    Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:57 am

Black Magic wrote:What happened the last two times Roma visited Madrid? Can't complain and say your squad was shit two years ago, Totti scored the winner in your Makelele days. cheers

The squad WAS shit two years ago. Where were you? lol!
    Torrente
    Torrente

Number of posts : 5489

Post by Torrente Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:37 am

Black Magic wrote:The first leg, somewhat. But Robben was tearing pieces in our defence, we adjusted accordingly in the second half, we had to.

Second leg, we were comfortably the better side. Aquilani ran the show and we should have won by more - Raul scored a goal about 5 yards offside and we hit the crossbar twice and the post once.

And the other time we met in the CL, Cassano killed you and then you went on to tap him up. Contes. Mad

The game you mention we were already qualified in first place in the group, and we had already schooled you by beating you 3-0 in Roma, where we beat you by the same score a few seasons earlier if I remember correctly.

But yeah, you deserved to go through 2 years ago, even if we completely outplayed you in the first leg while Heinze gifted you 1 goal in each leg.
    Fade out
    Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
    Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:50 am

will Roma make it out of their group?

oh wait..
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:13 am

TM wrote:Really?

I know Milan are lacking WC players, but they still have Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato and Ronaldinho. Leonardo seems to have the team alot fitter physically.

lol!

Worst attempt at downplaying hopes ever?
    TM
    TM

Post by TM Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:23 am

kas wrote:

lol!

Weren't we amongst the second seeds this year? Rolling Eyes Dumbass ok

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:34 pm

ronaldinho at the bernabeu Twisted Evil
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:03 pm

Messiah wrote:ronaldinho at the bernabeu Twisted Evil

It ain't 2006 anymore! ok
    TM
    TM

Post by TM Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:15 pm

...and neither Salgado nor Helguera are at the club.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:20 pm

TM wrote:...and neither Salgado nor Helguera are at the club.

cheers
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245

Post by Murray Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:10 pm

CL fantasy football is back

http://europeanboard.ephpbb.com/predictions-board-f9/champions-league-fantasy-football-2009-10-t20717.htm
    Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tom Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:00 pm

kas wrote:

lol!

says kas, the king of the downplayers.
    shane
    shane

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2009-07-01

Post by shane Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:22 am

If it is two from each group that advances then Madrid and Milan will be the ones to advance
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:23 pm

Pellegrini has called 20 players to travel to Zurich for the first CL fixture. Sergio Ramos who is still in the final phase of recovery misses out bare but it looks like Albiol has chances to make the matchday team in spite of his ankle injury. Garay, Diarra, and van der Vaart all left out by the managers decision.

Porteros: Casillas, Dudek, Adán

Defensas: Albiol, Arbeloa, Drenthe, Marcelo, Metzelder, Pepe

Centrocampistas: Alonso, Gago, Granero, Guti, Kaka, Lass

Delanteros: Benzema, Cristiano Ronaldo, Higuain, Raul, van Nistelrooy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 4:33 am