Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
Fade out
Chris 23*
Batman
Deluded F*ck™
Hlebagone
fcb
Black Magic
The Easter Bunny
Six
Pierre Littbarski
Island Girl
The Pröfessör
Chocolate Thunder
Aristoskank
shazlx
Rosicky.
Brian2468
Puro
Kimbo
S4P
stinger
COTR
gone
Romford Pele
christmasborocooper
Sheffield gunner
TheCrazy58
L r dd
Glenarch of the Glen
Isco Benny
Sgoater1
Tom
debaser
Luis
38 posters

Premier League discussion 13/14/15/16 March

L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Premier League discussion 13/14/15/16 March - Page 10 Empty Re: Premier League discussion 13/14/15/16 March

Post by L r dd Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:50 pm

Chelsea have probably two extra games due to the F.A cup. If Arsenal or United get to cl final it's only 5 games max...plus Chelsea are a game behind in the league. So i don't see how they are at much of an advantage to be honest.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Premier League discussion 13/14/15/16 March - Page 10 Empty Re: Premier League discussion 13/14/15/16 March

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:56 pm

L r dd wrote:Chelsea have probably two extra games due to the F.A cup. If Arsenal or United get to cl final it's only 5 games max...plus Chelsea are a game behind in the league. So i don't see how they are at much of an advantage to be honest.

what a Leetard Rolling Eyes

if they'd gone through they would still have had the FA Cup, plus the extra CL games, so not having the CL is an advantage

Also the dilemma of when to play your strongest line-up isn't as great between FA Cup and CL. The midweek recuperation will also be nice for their players returning from injury. Cech, Cole, Essien and Boswinga will all improve the side.

All FA Cup games will be played in this country, less travel = less fatigue

Thanks Ale
    L r dd

Post by L r dd Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:00 pm

Manuel Glennegrini wrote:
    L r dd wrote:Chelsea have probably two extra games due to the F.A cup. If Arsenal or United get to cl final it's only 5 games max...plus Chelsea are a game behind in the league. So i don't see how they are at much of an advantage to be honest.

if they'd gone through they would still have had the FA Cup, plus the extra CL games, so not having the CL is an advantage

Also the dilemma of when to play your strongest line-up isn't as great between FA Cup and CL. The midweek recuperation will also be nice for their players returning from injury. Cech, Cole, Essien and Boswinga will all improve the side.

Thanks Ale

Oh yeah duh they have less games now they are out of the CL. Wow i didn't realise that.

If you actually got what i was saying they potentially have as many or more games to play than both United and Arsenal so i don't see why they have an advantage.

Due to the F.A cup they will have to play two games in midweek when we're playing in the CL anyway. Regardless they have some tough fixtures and as we saw tonight they're an average side who are there to be beaten.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:02 pm

For Wigan, Moreno and Rodallega are quite a handful up front together. Haven't really seen Moreno before, looks like a tidy player. Think those two plus N'Zog could see Wigan survive.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:03 pm

the CL is bigger than the FA Cup, you play big clubs & can win a major trophee. You've to travel more. As a betting man you must know that upsets v minor clubs are more likely if a club plays a big match 2-3 days beforehand or thereafter.
    L r dd

Post by L r dd Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:08 pm

De Guzman wrote:
    the CL is bigger than the FA Cup, you play big clubs & can win a major trophee. You've to travel more. As a betting man you must know that upsets v minor clubs are more likely if a club plays a big match 2-3 days beforehand or thereafter.

The point is they have an extra game to play in the prem anyway. The FA cup semi is a tough match which means they'll have another prem games cancelled and moves to midweek. So it's like for like. after CL away games players are clearly more tired. But they are used to it and there is big squads plus the game can be over after the first leg or could get knocked out which is just two extra games. It will benefit them in the prem going out but not that big of an advantage.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:08 pm

L r dd wrote:
    Manuel Glennegrini wrote:

Thanks Ale

Oh yeah duh they have less games now they are out of the CL. Wow i didn't realise that.

If you actually got what i was saying they potentially have as many or more games to play than both United and Arsenal so i don't see why they have an advantage.

Due to the F.A cup they will have to play two games in midweek when we're playing in the CL anyway. Regardless they have some tough fixtures and as we saw tonight they're an average side who are there to be beaten.

their catchup PL games are next Wednesday and the Tuesday after the Villa FA Cup match.

They have a week to focus on their trip to Old Trafford, while United will be playing their semi final on the Tuesday or Wednesday before.

Percifics somewhat Ale
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by The Pröfessör Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:09 pm

debaser wrote:For Wigan, Moreno and Rodallega are quite a handful up front together. Haven't really seen Moreno before, looks like a tidy player. Think those two plus N'Zog could see Wigan survive.

Was just looking at your fixtures. I fancy u to win all your remaining games with the exception of Chelsea and Man City away, wouldn't be surprised if u drew both of them.

4th place is looking good Debaser <Ale>
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:11 pm

L r dd wrote:
    De Guzman wrote:

The point is they have an extra game to play in the prem anyway. The FA cup semi is a tough match which means they'll have another prem games cancelled and moves to midweek. So it's like for like. after CL away games players are clearly more tired. But they are used to it and there is big squads plus the game can be over after the first leg or could get knocked out which is just two extra games. It will benefit them in the prem going out but not that big of an advantage.
    Don't think it has anything to do with tiredness. It has to do with focus/psychology. Unnoticed players take it just a little easier v Stoke if they've play say Barcelona in 3 days. You can not take it just a tad easier in the EPL.
    L r dd

Post by L r dd Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:13 pm

De Guzman wrote:
    L r dd wrote:
    De Guzman wrote:

Don't think it has anything to do with tiredness. It has to do with focus/psychology. Unnoticed players take it just a little easier v Stoke if they've play say Barcelona in 3 days. You can not take it just a tad easier in the EPL.

Not so sure when we lost to Everton 3-1 Evra said the players were tired after the San Siro and it looked like it as well. But from our point of view Rio and Vidic have barely played anyway ditto Nani, Park & Berbatov. Giggs is just back from a month lay off. So i see no issues.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:17 pm

The Professor wrote:
    debaser wrote:For Wigan, Moreno and Rodallega are quite a handful up front together. Haven't really seen Moreno before, looks like a tidy player. Think those two plus N'Zog could see Wigan survive.

Was just looking at your fixtures. I fancy u to win all your remaining games with the exception of Chelsea and Man City away, wouldn't surprised me if u drew both of them.

4th place is looking good Debaser <Ale>

I admire you're optimism but I can't agree with you there! We are eminently capable of drawing games we should win (see West Ham at home, Stoke, Burnley, Wolves away, etc).

Btw if you looked at BBC, there's a couple of fixtures missing, we play Everton at home and Hull away, but they haven't been scheduled due to cup games etc.

Still, we are unbeaten in the league since the Liverpool sucker punch, which is a good run (even if it has contained too many draws).
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:18 pm

L r dd wrote:
    De Guzman wrote:
    L r dd wrote:
    De Guzman wrote:

Not so sure when we lost to Everton 3-1 Evra said the players were tired after the San Siro and it looked like it as well. But from our point of view Rio and Vidic have barely played anyway ditto Nani, Park & Berbatov. Giggs is just back from a month lay off. So i see no issues.
    From our point of view there are certainly issues. Our squad depth is lacking at certain positions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:45 pm