Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Jaime
Super Progress
Fey
Allez les rouges
A & K
Ä
10 posters

football rivalries or how they change

Ä
    Ä

Number of posts : 11028
    Registration date : 2006-09-04

football rivalries or how they change Empty football rivalries or how they change

Post by Ä Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:31 pm

chaps , I have bad news

it seems many traditional football rivalries are losing their ZEST

traurige Geschichte

I had the pleasure of shooting the breeze with a 7-year-old Bayern fan yesterday

the kid has a ROBBEN jersey and honestly thinks the Nederlander is the greatest footballer in the world alongside Messi and CRonaldo Rolling Eyes Very Happy

when I told him that Robben was quite bad and , above all, OUR ENEMY , due to his Dutchness, the kid just did not get it

then I explained to him that the EVIL DUTCH was our ARCH-RIVALS

historically

and the kid had NEVER heard of this before

Neutral Yikes Very Happy

he genuinely thinks they are our FRIENDS and ALLIES when it comes to football

little alex DID , however, concede that Germany HAD A BIG RIVAL

namely SPAIN

whom we now ABSOLUTELY HAD to defeat SOON

the lad is also too young to consider ENGLAND or ARGENTINA to be worthy opponents or rivals

playing against them would be just another game, he thinks

and an easy one at that

cannon-fodder, it seems

nothing special

which made me wonder

HAVE we really sunk so low to consider the Dutch as our FRIENDS and ALLIES

will those traditional rivalries DIE out ?

nothing more than nostalgia the "older generation" is feeding on ?

Neutral
    A & K

Number of posts : 3347
    Registration date : 2006-08-12

football rivalries or how they change Empty Re: football rivalries or how they change

Post by A & K Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:49 pm

So this means most of us from this forum have to tell children how bad Germans are and that their parents ought to be ashamed they are driving a Benz, B.M.W or V.W for all the evil things they've done in the past!

Of course kids don't give a shit! Why should they? Only our grandparents should or ultra no life supporters. Kids care more about Doremon or P.S.P than history, even more if they are younger.
    Ä
    Ä

football rivalries or how they change Empty Re: football rivalries or how they change

Post by Ä Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:22 pm

HATING Rijkaard or Koeman should be part of our GERMAN HERITAGE, me thinks

we NEED to keep our history ALIVE

we must NEVER FORGET

hell

I think we should even have a "Victim of Dutch Football-Memorial" somewhere in Berlin

and EVERY Dutch politician visiting Berlin should be forced to lay a wreath at THAT memorial

after about 20 years their PM should produce a "Kniefall"

touching an entire generation of German football fans

and allowing us to forgive and forget

wahre G
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Allez les rouges Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:25 pm

Ale

My German friends are split roughly half and half on who would have preferred Spain to win that final and who was going for Holland.

I often have to wonder if you have a viewpoint on anything Otto that isn't essentially a tissue of prejudices and stereotypes. It infects every single fucking thread you start.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:51 pm

Very true Otto.

But the good news is that one can change an opinion of a child rather easily.

During the summer my little nephew asked me if I joined him and Max for a game of football. "Where is Max from?" I asked him. My nephew didnt know, cause he couldnt understand him. I thought, fair enough, the kid is probably from Groningen or something.

But it turned out Max was from Germany Yikes

I told my nephew he shouldnt play with him, "Why?" he asked me. I said that Germans are wrong. "Do they make me ill, just like the coloured kids do when I play with them?" No, of course not, who told you that? "You" he said (which was true, but I had already forgotten our previous lesson.)

So I walked with him towards Max, and saw his parents were around there too, I pointed towards his parents and told my nephew "How would you like it, if that man started to beat daddy and starts to touch mommy on places she didnt want?" WHY he shouted this time (his eternal answer to everything)"My dad didnt do anything wrong Fey" he said in a whiny voice.

Well little man, I said. Germans sometimes do nasty things without a proper reason. They dont really think about other peoples feelings. Germans are just bad people, and especially with football. While my nephew was quite disturbed by my story, he knew I was telling him the truth. To sooth him, I suggested him we would go for an icecream, and let Max to rot with his obese parents. He nodded yes slowly and so went to get that icecream. The fact that I paid for those icecreams with Euros that had the German eagle on it, made me even more aware what an uncertain future my little nephew has. But decided not to bother him with that fact today, he learned already enough this day.

His mood was setteling down again, and he gave me a wet kiss, a mixture of molten icecream tears and bogeys, on my cheek as a thanks for the valueble lesson he learned today.

Wahre G, <Ale>
    Ä
    Ä

Post by Ä Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:42 am

Fey (Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:51 pm) wrote:Very true Otto.

During the summer my little nephew asked me if I joined him and Max for a game of football. "Where is Max from?" I asked him. My nephew didnt know, cause he couldnt understand him. I thought, fair enough, the kid is probably from Groningen or something.

I told my nephew he shouldnt play with him, "Why?" he asked me. I said that Germans are wrong. "Do they make me ill, just like the coloured kids do when I play with them?" No, of course not, who told you that? "You" he said (which was true, but I had already forgotten our previous lesson.)

So I walked with him towards Max, and saw his parents were around there too, I pointed towards his parents and told my nephew "How would you like it, if that man started to beat daddy and starts to touch mommy on places she didnt want?" WHY he shouted this time (his eternal answer to everything)"My dad didnt do anything wrong Fey" he said in a whiny voice.

Well little man, I said. Germans sometimes do nasty things without a proper reason. They dont really think about other peoples feelings. Germans are just bad people, and especially with football. While my nephew was quite disturbed by my story, he knew I was telling him the truth. To sooth him, I suggested him we would go for an icecream, and let Max to rot with his obese parents. He nodded yes slowly and so went to get that icecream. The fact that I paid for those icecreams with Euros that had the German eagle on it, made me even more aware what an uncertain future my little nephew has. But decided not to bother him with that fact today, he learned already enough this day.

His mood was setteling down again, and he gave me a wet kiss, a mixture of molten icecream tears and bogeys, on my cheek as a thanks for the valueble lesson he learned today.

Wahre G, <Ale>

lol! Laugh Biggrin lol!
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:02 pm

It is indeed a heroically awesome post and the Feymeister hasn't received the credit he deserves for it yet Ale
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:49 pm

Fey wrote:Very true Otto.

Wahre G, <Ale>
    lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

FEY <Ale>

Post by Guest Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:15 pm

Wahre G, <Ale>

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

A million of these doesn't give this justice
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:26 am

lol!

Fey. Ale
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:11 pm

cheers Fey bent Otto over a wheelie bin, against his will. I'm surprised Allez didn't take the opportunity to get offended though. <Ale>
    forza_rossi
    forza_rossi

Number of posts : 2563

Post by forza_rossi Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:04 pm

Fey is back cheers

lol!
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians

Post by mongrel hawk Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:01 pm

In Brazil, Argentina was always a big rival. In the last decades it has been the biggest rivalry, even in other areas outside football. Argentines are seen by many Brazilians as arrogant and cheaters. At the same time, there are Brazilians, like me, who admire them.

Until the 60s though Uruguay were our biggest rivals. They are our second rival now. They often produce good football against us, and it's rarely an easy game.

In Europe, the only team that produces a rivalry feeling in Brazilians is France, but it's not that big and only regards football.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians

Post by mongrel hawk Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:07 pm

Wahre G, <Ale>

lol!
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:04 pm

Kimbo wrote: cheers Fey bent Otto over a wheelie bin, against his will. I'm surprised Allez didn't take the opportunity to get offended though. <Ale>

You're pretty dumb, I'm actually damn hard to offend, shooting down nonsense is a bit different. Ale

Fey's post was epic ok
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:08 pm

You got offended over sausages the other day. SAUSAGES. Ale
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:13 pm

I wasn't offended, just pointing up the ignorance of the stereotyping!! I enjoy a bit of stereotyping myself, nothing wrong with a bit of racism Ale
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:16 pm

(Stupid/Drunk) Dutchie saved by Germans : http://www.nu.nl/algemeen/2411141/dronken-nederlander-verdwaalt-in-duits-bos.html Ale

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 6:46 am