Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Chocolate Thunder
christmasborocooper
Deluded F*ck™
fcb
Pierre Littbarski
stinger
TM
Puro
debaser
Kimbo
14 posters

Di Matteo Sacked

Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Di Matteo Sacked Empty Di Matteo Sacked

Post by Kimbo Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:07 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_bromwich_albion/9388972.stm

Baaaad decision, watch them get relegated now. ok
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Di Matteo Sacked Empty Re: Di Matteo Sacked

Post by debaser Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:43 pm

Stupid. They're on a bad run but this reeks of rushed, panic decision. Now they get a new manager who can't make any changes to the side because the transfer window closed last week Erm And what good managers are gonna want the job? Best they can hope for is some mediocre 'experienced' type like Curbishley. Di Matteo had got them playing good stuff earlier on in the season.
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:01 pm

Kimbo wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_bromwich_albion/9388972.stm

Very true Kimbo bro! Di Matteo was hitting above par for most of the season, and was par now when the weather turned shit. He was still above water mind you, with the better weather just around the corner, they were home safe FFS!

Everybody below Liverpool is in danger of relegation, and I will throw Steve "Slur Alex's chupamedias" Bruce in there too as his team's about to enter the gauntlet at the time that his luck appears to have run out seeing how Stoke beat him, and that murderous row will last all the way 'til April. lol!
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:26 pm

Kimbo wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_bromwich_albion/9388972.stm

Hopefully.
    stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:31 pm

Doh
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:03 pm

FFS his next 3 games were WHU, Wolves and Birmingham.

If they don't get points from those they still couldn't be adrift so a new man would have time to rescue it.

If they win those next 3 some will say it was an inspired decision but those 3 are shit so he may well have turned the corner himself in those 3.

The board's view will be that these 3 are massive and that sacking a manager gets a response from the players in the games immediately after.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:24 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:FFS his next 3 games were WHU, Wolves and Birmingham.

If they don't get points from those they still couldn't be adrift so a new man would have time to rescue it.

If they win those next 3 some will say it was an inspired decision but those 3 are shit so he may well have turned the corner himself in those 3.

The board's view will be that these 3 are massive and that sacking a manager gets a response from the players in the games immediately after.

Bizarre sacking. Odemwingie is just beginning to be match fit again, the next three opponents are very winnable, and Di Matteo gets sacked.

Citeh were gonna beat W. Brom no matter what, that's why I sacrificed 4pts to get Tévez, and made him El Capitán on his birthday FFS!
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:58 pm

Has there been a single sensible managerial sacking this season? Allardyce (even though most of us hate him), Hughton, now Di Matteo. WTF is up with club owners.

Ahh, just remembered Hodgson...probably the only deserving one.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:42 pm

Bizarre decision - I always chuckle at struggling clubs who fire managers immediately after losing games that on paper, they were supposed to lose anyway.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:50 pm

Stupid fuckers..

Its not even that they get beat by people they're "supposed to"..they're "supposed to" get beaten by about 17 other clubs..they'd just come up..he got them promoted ffs! He'd done alright as well, the owners are obviously delusional. As Pierre says, they have a few winnable games coming up..they could've been out of it.

Football is a dreary place these days.
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:52 am

The Hodge named new WBA manager.

#LFC and Roy Hodgson will have their first reunion the day after April Fools' Day ...

Laughing
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:04 pm

He'll do a good job, he's back in his comfort zone now.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:36 pm

lol!

In all seriousness I wish him well. I like West Brom, they have some good attacking players but that might change now. He just needs to work a hell of a lot on his PR skills <Ale>
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:46 pm

Di Matteo is placed on gardening leave. Why? When Fat Sam gets sacked from coaching jobs, he's not placed on gardening leave, is he? Hodgson got the can at Liverpool, and wasn't placed on gardening leave either.

Is it because Di Matteo is seeing as a threat by West Brom if he were to be picked up by let's say West Ham? Aren't Fat Sam and Hodgson seeing as a threat to the survival of rival relegation fighting clubs? scratch

No English coach is placed on gardening leave, they're free to coach another team right away. Is it because they're shite, and pose no threat? WTF! or something else?
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:54 pm

Alberto wrote:Di Matteo is placed on gardening leave. Why? When Fat Sam gets sacked from coaching jobs, he's not placed on gardening leave, is he? Hodgson got the can at Liverpool, and wasn't placed on gardening leave either.

Is it because Di Matteo is seeing as a threat by West Brom if he were to be picked up by let's say West Ham? Aren't Fat Sam and Hodgson seeing as a threat to the survival of rival relegation fighting clubs? scratch

No English coach is placed on gardening leave, they're free to coach another team right away. Is it because they're shite, and pose no threat? WTF! or something else
    ?

As often, spouting theories without basis. Last PL manager I remember being put on 'gardening leave': the very English Phil Brown

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hull_city/8567985.stm

It's a weird one - my guess is it's probably more about technicalities in contracts rather than anything else.
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245

Post by Murray Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:16 pm

No more away wins for West Brom then.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:31 pm

debaser wrote:
    As often, spouting theories without basis. Last PL manager I remember being put on 'gardening leave': the very English Phil Brown

It's a weird one - my guess is it's probably more about technicalities in contracts rather than anything else.

Biggrin Only in your head.

And then you come back to name ONE Phil Brown out of how many who have been sacked since then.

I remember Chelsea even tried to shackle Mourinho, in fact they did for a while. Same with Rafa Benítez, he had to go to Serie A just like Jose. BIG, BIG THREATS! Bogey men. Be afraid, be very afraid. Biggrin <Ale>

I think is shite what West Brom are doing to Di Matteo. If he weren't English, he'd be free to coach West Ham right now and help the Hammers send W. Brom to division TWO.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:46 pm

You specifically said "No English coach is placed on gardening leave". I proved that wrong by showing you when an English coach was placed on gardening leave.

Now you want multiple examples. Okay, varying circumstances but a google search turns up:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3269/league-two/2010/07/04/2009471/southend-united-put-manager-steve-tilson-on-gardening-leave
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5535663,00.html
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23758603-cheltenham-put-martin-allen-on-gardening-leave.do

I can't find any other PL examples besides Di Matteo and Brown - which merely proves it is not a common thing for either English or foreign managers to be put on gardening leave.

Now it's down to you to prove it has anything to do with nationality. You may be right that it is to stop them going elsewhere. But the nationality thing is entirely in your racist mind Ale
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:54 pm

debaser wrote:You specifically said "No English coach is placed on gardening leave". I proved that wrong by showing you when an English coach was placed on gardening leave.

Now you want multiple examples. Okay, varying circumstances but a google search turns up:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3269/league-two/2010/07/04/2009471/southend-united-put-manager-steve-tilson-on-gardening-leave
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23758603-cheltenham-put-martin-allen-on-gardening-leave.do

I can't find any other PL examples besides Di Matteo and Brown - which merely proves it is not a common thing for either English or foreign managers to be put on gardening leave.

Now it's down to you to prove it has anything to do with nationality. You may be right that it is to stop them going elsewhere. But the nationality thing is entirely in your racist mind Ale

You haven't proven anything by throwing DIVISION TWO stuff. Everyone knows what we're talking about...THE EPL in case you conveniently forgot.

Only stupid people here believe I'm racist. The wise ones (they know who they are) do not. But, keep calling me racist to suit your needs, and bail yourself out. The stupid ones will ALWAYS fall for that one.

I gave you TWO big examples in Jose and Rafa. Now it's Di Matteo. I didn't see the same with Fat Sam (twice), Hodgson, and the several other shite coaches who were fired.

There's a lot of fear against the foreigner, and thus the English xenophobia.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:07 pm

Just to make myself clear, the xenophobia comes out of the English media. The English people I've met are beautiful people, very open minded, the complete opposite of the xenophobic/racist c**ts who are in the media. <Ale>
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:31 pm

Alberto wrote:
    debaser wrote:You specifically said "No English coach is placed on gardening leave". I proved that wrong by showing you when an English coach was placed on gardening leave.

You haven't proven anything by throwing DIVISION TWO stuff. Everyone knows what we're talking about...THE EPL in case you conveniently forgot.

Only stupid people here believe I'm racist. The wise ones (they know who they are) do not. But, keep calling me racist to suit your needs, and bail yourself out. The stupid ones will ALWAYS fall for that one.

I gave you TWO big examples in Jose and Rafa. Now it's Di Matteo. I didn't see the same with Fat Sam (twice), Hodgson, and the several other shite coaches who were fired.

There's a lot of fear against the foreigner, and thus the English xenophobia.

I'll say again, as you seem quite slow on the uptake. You said "No English coach is placed on gardening leave". I proved you wrong by giving you an example of an English coach who was placed on gardening leave. This couldn't be any simpler.

Regarding others: Benitez was sacked on the 3rd June and started at Inter on the 10th June. What's his relevance with gardening leave?

Mourinho was never put on gardening leave. The official line was he left by mutual consent. I think they put in conditions with his payoff to stop him joining another PL club but it is not really the same as gardening leave where you are still technically employed by the club.

This gardening leave thing is very rare. The only PL cases I can find are with Di Matteo and Brown, so listing Hodgson and Allardyce is meaningless as it doesn't happen with vast majority of non-English coaches either. Just accept you were wrong on this one and move on. You were beaten by Phil 'The Orange' Brown Ale

ps, I call you racist because so many of your posts are attempts to prove the innate superiority of all people over English in all circumstances. 'English' is not really a race, so I accept the word is not the most appropriate.

Last edited by debaser on Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:33 pm

Mowbray was on gardening leave.
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:29 pm

Alberto wrote:
    debaser wrote:

Biggrin Only in your head.

And then you come back to name ONE Phil Brown out of how many who have been sacked since then.

I remember Chelsea even tried to shackle Mourinho, in fact they did for a while. Same with Rafa Benítez, he had to go to Serie A just like Jose. BIG, BIG THREATS! Bogey men. Be afraid, be very afraid. Biggrin <Ale>

I think is shite what West Brom are doing to Di Matteo. If he weren't English, he'd be free to coach West Ham right now and help the Hammers send W. Brom to division TWO.

Alberto wrote:No English coach is placed on gardening leave, they're free to coach another team right away. Is it because they're shite, and pose no threat? WTF! or something else?

You said "no English coach has been placed on gardening leave". Debaser highlighting just one example proves that you were wrong.

You also didn't specify a division, you simply said "no English coach", so highlighting examples of lower league managers only proves further that you were wrong.

When one gets things wrong as often as you do (about the EPL and English managers and players in general) puro, you have to wonder if there is some other motive involved. Hopefully one day you will have the courtesy to tell us. Although that will probably be the same day that Peru go further than England at the World Cup.
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by TheCrazy58 Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:19 pm

BBC had reported Chris Hughton had the job a couple of days ago but looks like that didn't work out as he wanted to bring his own backroom staff. I like Woy but every manager is only as good as his last match/club, and I can't see how this appointment would excite West Brom players or their fans very much - Liverpool was too much of a disaster for him and also too recent. Also, as it's been pointed out, his style is almost diametrically opposite of how the team plays. This appointment could be generously interpreted as with an eye on them getting back into PL next season, but I rather doubt it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:38 am