Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
COTR
Pierre Littbarski
Jaime
christmasborocooper
ERIK LAMELA
Rosicky
Di Caniooooo!
rosenthal
Murray
shazlx
Kroos
Deluded F*ck™
Kimbo
Fey
Pras_tama
S4P
The Pröfessör
TheCrazy58
Allez les rouges
stinger
110%
debaser
Romford Pele
Brian2468
blutgraetsche
Xavier
The Chosen Glenn
Isco Benny
Luis
33 posters

Premier League Fixtures 14/15/16 September 2013

Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Premier League Fixtures 14/15/16 September 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: Premier League Fixtures 14/15/16 September 2013

Post by Luis Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:42 pm

110% wrote:
    Luis wrote:Likely Liverpool 11 vs Swansea:

Mignolet

Wisdom
    Sakho
    Agger
    Enrique

Lucas
    Gerrard
    Henderson

Moses
    Coutinho
    Sturridge

Subs: Jones, Kelly, Toure, Skrtel, Alberto, Aspas, Sterling,
    Is sturridge fit enough to be drafted into my fantasy football team?
    95% likelihood that he will start IMO. Didn't play for England, will have an extra few days to train as we don't play 'til Monday and the feeling from the club is that he's ready.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Premier League Fixtures 14/15/16 September 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: Premier League Fixtures 14/15/16 September 2013

Post by blutgraetsche Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:59 pm

Romford Pele wrote:
    blutgraetsche wrote:
    Isco Benny wrote:
    Xavier wrote:Is Holtby injured?
    No, just German.
    See, that's why you'll remain in the shadow of your North London neighbours for eternity. They've finally seen the writing on the wall while you continue to miss the boat in typical fashion.

Serge Gnabry to be the next German sensation at Arsenal in near future, you've read it here first. Ale

Blut's ITK cheers

I'll try and dig out this quality volley he scored last night.
    Seriously, that kid is a gem. I already knew that he was a very talented player as a 16 year old playing for the Suttgart reserves. But for once, moving to the EPL hasn't ruined a promising German youngster, on the contrary, he seems to have developed rather well. Arsenal really have to be commended for their youth setup, despite the (at least IMHO) structural disadvantage of the EPL as far as the reserve teams are concerned (IMHO, it's easier for promising young players to break into the first team if they have to play competitive matches against proper (senior) teams in lower leagues like in Germany, Spain or Italy). Plus, there are other promising young Germans like Eisfeld and Zelalem playing for the Arsenal reserves.

Looking forward to see him get playing time in the first team, hopefully this season. We're spoilt with skilled attacking midfielders these days, but what I like about Gnabry in particular is his killer shot and his lack of reluctance to finish, his confidence basically. In this regard, he's actually a rare breed as far as German attacking midfielders are concerned.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:44 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
    Romford Pele wrote:
    blutgraetsche wrote:
    Isco Benny wrote:
    No, just German.
    See, that's why you'll remain in the shadow of your North London neighbours for eternity. They've finally seen the writing on the wall while you continue to miss the boat in typical fashion.

Serge Gnabry to be the next German sensation at Arsenal in near future, you've read it here first. Ale

Blut's ITK cheers

I'll try and dig out this quality volley he scored last night.
    Seriously, that kid is a gem. I already knew that he was a very talented player as a 16 year old playing for the Suttgart reserves. But for once, moving to the EPL hasn't ruined a promising German youngster, on the contrary, he seems to have developed rather well. Arsenal really have to be commended for their youth setup, despite the (at least IMHO) structural disadvantage of the EPL as far as the reserve teams are concerned (IMHO, it's easier for promising young players to break into the first team if they have to play competitive matches against proper (senior) teams in lower leagues like in Germany, Spain or Italy). Plus, there are other promising young Germans like Eisfeld and Zelalem playing for the Arsenal reserves.

Looking forward to see him get playing time in the first team, hopefully this season. We're spoilt with skilled attacking midfielders these days, but what I like about Gnabry in particular is his killer shot and his lack of reluctance to finish, his confidence basically. In this regard, he's actually a rare breed as far as German attacking midfielders are concerned.
    Replied to this in the AFC thread.
    110%

Number of posts : 8978
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by 110% Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:14 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:
    110% wrote:
    blutgraetsche wrote:
    Isco Benny wrote:
    blutgraetsche wrote:
    Isco Benny wrote:
    No, just German.

Hmmmmmmmm, interesting, given we've traditionally had more Germans than them. You not remember Klinsmann / Freund / Ziege whilst they were stocking up on Frenchies and Africans and finishing 40+ point above us?

They sign Mertesacker and Nemo and suddenly THEY'RE the fucking Teuton legion?? Rolling Eyes

Holtby, by the way, will almost certainly get plenty of time this year. Freund is ingrained into the fabric of this club in a way no Teuton is over at Arsenal. But yeah, all you Germans jump on the Arse bandwagon because they bought Ozil
    What? First you say that Holtby isn't in the team because he is German. Then you go on about being the more 'German friendly' club? You're confused.

Still, it's true that Arsene's current love-in for German players isn't because he found his long lost love for his Lothringen roots. It's just that he has seen the writings on the wall. Back in L'Arse days, French players were hot commodity and hence sought after, not just by Arsene, but he was arguably the first doing so extensively. Today it's the Spanish, but Arsene is ahead of the pack again and anticipating the things to come. Meanwhile, Newcastle have caught up with the trend of ten years ago, but that's a different matter.
    No offence to Germany (because I really like Ozil), but I really don't rate mertesacker. I had a quick look to see how he was doing so far this season I had saw an interesting stat that says he's made 1 tackle so far in 3 games. It just doesn't sound right for a defender.
    Look if you don't watch the games just don't comment until you have an informed opinion.

I was about to look for that gif, cheers Glenn – if that was his only "tackle" so far, not only was it about as clean as you get, but it was almost the turning point of the game, as Arsenal went upfield and scored the solitary goal.

Blut's already made the point and I thought most people had a balanced view by now. Merte's weaknesses are well documented – he is not pacy, agile or a particularly good footballer (though I actually get the impression that his passing has if anything improved lately; it certainly hasn't been successfully targeted). And even I think the German pairing for the WC should probably be Hummels-Boateng (in Badstuber's absence). But right now the Hummels-Merte partnership just doesn't work at international level and Merte getting the nod in the last games proved to be fully justified. I'm a huge Hummels fan but you'd have to admit at the moment that he makes a lot more mistakes than Merte and that the latter, as a defender, is more reliable (right now).

In other respects Mertesacker has been top-notch for Arsenal for a good while, and most fans have appreciated that as he and Koscielny have complemented each other well – his judgement, positioning and reading of the game are all superb. (Sorry to repeat Blut...) And specifically on the tackling issue, he has explicitly never been that kind of player – rarely makes a foul, and has always tried to win the ball through interceptions instead. Why he was a favourite for the Klinsmann/Löw "philosophy" in the first place.

I have to chuckle somewhat at the repeated recycling of Steffen Freund, who seems a nice chap and did great work with the U17 kids, compared to possibly greatest human being of all time Jens Lehmann, who I think it's fair to say was a rather more important player.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/features/lehmann-big-interview

I hear Deutschland hasn't had as many "legionnaires" at a single foreign team since Inter (I think) in the late Nineties, so of course Blut is welcome as an honorary Kanone. Wink
    I don't watch all Arsenal games, but I have seen a fair bit of them. How many games allows me to comment? Can I not point out something I read as an interesting observation? Is it your time of the month?

Obviously Mertesacker should have been awarded an assist for a pretty standard tackle that seemed to me like the attacking player has kicked it a bit too far ahead of himself and pretty lost it by himself, but whatever.
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:23 pm

debaser wrote:
    110% wrote:I accept the point of interceptions, headers etc, and I am not saying he should have done 10 tackles per game (although I'd do at least that many playing in central defence as a former midfielder Wink), but 1 over 3 games just seems strangely low to me. I need to do more research over numbers of "tackles" made by different positions. Maybe tackling was phased out and I didn't notice.
    it's DMs who do the most tackles. for CBs it is more last resort when they've got the positioning wrong or not read the game.

there's the stats:

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/3853/Stages/7794/PlayerStatistics/England-Premier-League-2013-2014

0.3 tackles per game seems low for a CB, but it's the same figure for Gary Cahill. and if you go up to 0.7 (i.e. 2 tackles in their first 3 games) there's Terry, Vertonghen, Jagielka, Coloccini, Hangeland.

of course 3 games is a very small sample. If you look at last season stats, most of the best CBs average between 1 & 2 per game (Mertesacker at 1.0 over the season)
    <Ale> 

If I click your link and look at defensive and order by tackles I see that midfielders do make more tackles, but fullbacks such as johnson, walker and zabaletta are right up there, 12 tackles over 3 games, even vincent company had 4 tackles in his one game. I think you're right that over a season it's probably not that high for central defenders and it's only 3 games, but I thought it was a valid observation that 1 tackle in 3 games is pretty low, and possibly the start of an interesting discussion on the style of centre backs rather than what Allez is turning it into.
    stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:44 pm

110% wrote:
    debaser wrote:
    110% wrote:I accept the point of interceptions, headers etc, and I am not saying he should have done 10 tackles per game (although I'd do at least that many playing in central defence as a former midfielder Wink), but 1 over 3 games just seems strangely low to me. I need to do more research over numbers of "tackles" made by different positions. Maybe tackling was phased out and I didn't notice.
    it's DMs who do the most tackles. for CBs it is more last resort when they've got the positioning wrong or not read the game.

there's the stats:

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/3853/Stages/7794/PlayerStatistics/England-Premier-League-2013-2014

0.3 tackles per game seems low for a CB, but it's the same figure for Gary Cahill. and if you go up to 0.7 (i.e. 2 tackles in their first 3 games) there's Terry, Vertonghen, Jagielka, Coloccini, Hangeland.

of course 3 games is a very small sample. If you look at last season stats, most of the best CBs average between 1 & 2 per game (Mertesacker at 1.0 over the season)
    <Ale> 

If I click your link and look at defensive and order by tackles I see that midfielders do make more tackles, but fullbacks such as johnson, walker and zabaletta are right up there, 12 tackles over 3 games, even vincent company had 4 tackles in his one game. I think you're right that over a season it's probably not that high for central defenders and it's only 3 games, but I thought it was a valid observation that 1 tackle in 3 games is pretty low, and possibly the start of an interesting discussion on the style of centre backs rather than what Allez is turning it into.
    All three of them are aften playing high on the pitch and takes a role in pressing on opposition half, which gives them more tackling opportunities. It's just another proof that realistically today's 1-4-2-3-1 (used as example here) it's more of a 1-2-4-3-1 or just some similar variation. Duties of full backs is getting more and more different comparing to centre backs.
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by TheCrazy58 Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:33 pm

Romford Pele wrote:For Debbie

Premier League Fixtures 14/15/16 September 2013 - Page 2 Capture
    God almighty.Doh 

Looking forward to tomorrow - quite a while since we had cause to look forward to a new player making his debut. Apart from Cazorla last season that is.

Update: However... Mertesacker out with illness, and Ozil a doubt Grr 

http://news.arseblog.com/2013/09/mertesackerozil-now-doubts-for-sunderland/

Verm is back in the squad but too risky to have him start. A reshuffled line up may look like;

Chesney

Jenks - Sagna - Kos - Gibbs

Ramsey - Flams - Wilshere

Walcott - Cazorla

Giroud
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:33 am

lol! lol! Doh Doh Doh  @Bendtner

Can't believe I wasted my time defending this joker on here

Haven't been this nervous before a game for sometime now. It's a vital game for us at this stage of the season IMO. I can see us going on a nice run if we win this one. Draw or lose - expecting some inconsistent results in the coming weeks.

Yeah everyone is saying Sunderland are crap bla bla bla, but they are the sort of team that could turn their season around against us, remember Norwich last season? Not that confident, but hoping for a hard fought win.
    The Chosen Glenn
    The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
    Registration date : 2012-03-22

Post by The Chosen Glenn Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:30 pm

Man Utd struggling against Palace at home.

A penalty and a red card should do the job ok
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:41 pm

Clearly they were never going to be allowed to go 3 games without a win.

Very clever move from the drunk to "retire" - now he can be mic'd up to the referee and influence decisions in a more discrete manner.
    Pras_tama
    Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
    Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
    Favourite Player : Scholes
    Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:07 pm

S4P wrote:Clearly they were never going to be allowed to go 3 games without a win.

Very clever move from the drunk to "retire" - now he can be mic'd up to the referee and influence decisions in a more discrete manner.
    Chelsea would've been awarded penalty/red card too
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:08 pm

I would be happy with an Arsenal this year. Cant see us getting much higher then 4th. I still dont get why we got Moyes. He is dismantling the red empire.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:12 pm

And someone should put debbie in jail. Villa got over 80 million for the likes of Young, Barry, Milner etc.  That's mad.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:23 pm

If Bendtner plays this weekend, is the özil signing going to look somewhat of a plaster over a large flesh wound? That guy should be nowhere near a club with lofty ambitions.

Also, how many Arsenal fans on twitter have now put umlauts into their handles? A nielsen study claims over 85%. Good to see they're not getting too over excited with their new signing, they should end the player of the year award right now and just give Mesut the damn thing if the reaction in the media and amongst Arsenal fans is anything to go by Ale
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:28 pm

I thought that was Jake Gyllenhaal, it took me a while to work out who it is.
    The Chosen Glenn
    The Chosen Glenn

Post by The Chosen Glenn Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:36 pm

Bendtner isn't in the team ör ön the bench töday.

Neither is Cazörla Yikes
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:36 pm

I thought the photo was Russell Crowe in the midst of a mid-life crises, Kevin Spacey-American Beauty style.

Cockerel line up vs the Canaries:

Lloris; Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Rose; Dembele, Paulinho; Townsend, Eriksen, Siggurdsson; Soldado

Bench: Friedel, Kaboul, Naughton, Holtby, Lamela, Sandro, Defoe

Last edited by Deluded F*ck™ on Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Chosen Glenn
    The Chosen Glenn

Post by The Chosen Glenn Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:41 pm

Arşenal

1 Şzçzesny
     3 Şağna
     6 Kösçielny
    25 Jenkinşön
    28 Gibbş
    1Ö Wilşhere
    11 Özil
    2Ö Flamini
    12 Giröud
    14 Walçött
    16 Ramşey
    Luis
    Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:58 pm

Finally some 3 pms that aren't horse shit on paper.

Plenty of goals, upsets and red cards please cheers 
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:09 pm

Ten minutes: no goals.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:11 pm

Ozil assist for Giroud
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151

Post by TheCrazy58 Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:13 pm

He scores when he wants, Olivier Giroud cheers 
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:14 pm

the assist machine started Very Happy
    shazlx
    shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
    Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
    Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:16 pm

Another "assist" that was missed by Walcott
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:21 pm

been playing fucking shit. was totally a foul in the build up though
    The Chosen Glenn
    The Chosen Glenn

Post by The Chosen Glenn Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:25 pm

how many has Lamela scored so far today?
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:29 pm

debaser wrote:been playing fucking shit. was totally a foul in the build up though
    Pssh, Remy got pulled down earlier when he would've had a clear run into the box, but the ref seemed to think it was a dive. Unlucky. <Ale> 

Remy's pace is making a big difference for us, usually Cisse is our only outlet, and he spends half his life offside.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:32 pm

Sounds like City have been shite.
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:42 pm

sexy football from arsenal
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245

Post by Murray Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:51 pm

Another day of few goals, maybe the goalfests of the last few years are over.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:44 am