Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Luis
Murray
debaser
Rosicky
Fey
Kimbo
Jaime
Formerly known as sheva7
mongrel hawk
13 posters

Brasil WC Squad

mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Brasil WC Squad Empty Brasil WC Squad

Post by mongrel hawk Wed May 07, 2014 4:06 pm

Goleiros: Julio César (Toronto-CAN), Jéfferson (Botafogo) e Victor (Atlético-MG)

Laterais: Daniel Alves (Barcelona-ESP), Maicon (Roma-ITA), Marcelo (Real Madrid-ESP) e Maxwell (Paris Saint-Germain-FRA)

Zagueiros: Thiago Silva (Paris Saint-Germain-FRA), Dante (Bayern de Munique-ALE), David Luiz (Chelsea-ING) e Henrique (Napoli-ITA)

Meio-campistas: Luiz Gustavo (Wolfsburg-ALE), Ramires (Chelsea-ING), Paulinho (Tottenham-ING), Fernandinho (Manchester City-ING), Oscar (Chelsea-ING), Willian (Chelsea-ING), Hernanes (Inter de Milão-ITA)

Atacantes: Jô (Atlético-MG), Neymar (Barcelona-ESP), Hulk (Zenit-RUS), Fred (Fluminense) e Bernard (Shakthar Donetsk-UCR).
    Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1899
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Brasil WC Squad Empty Re: Brasil WC Squad

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Wed May 07, 2014 5:10 pm

Victor and Jo  cheers 
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Wed May 07, 2014 5:24 pm

Wait, is that a new Maicon? Or the old one?
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Wed May 07, 2014 5:30 pm

Wow it is the Maicon that was shit at Man City. Shows how much I follow Serie A these days. tongue
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Wed May 07, 2014 5:55 pm

Brazil is luckty they play at home with this squad. He is gonna Maureen himself to gold.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Wed May 07, 2014 5:58 pm

Fey wrote:Brazil is luckty they play at home with this squad. He is gonna Maureen himself to gold.

Such a boring midfield.
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Wed May 07, 2014 6:14 pm

Average Ale
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Wed May 07, 2014 6:38 pm

My god and that is the same Henrique that was so shit he never played once for Barcelona in his 4 years under contract there. Doh
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Wed May 07, 2014 6:39 pm

Jaime wrote:
    Fey wrote:Brazil is luckty they play at home with this squad. He is gonna Maureen himself to gold.

Such a boring midfield.

Very PGD.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Wed May 07, 2014 6:40 pm

At least there is no chance that Robinho can win a WC winners medal. Biggrin
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser Wed May 07, 2014 6:47 pm

they can make a team that will be hard to beat, but a lot is going to be resting on Oscar and Neymar to create goals 'cause the rest of the midfield seems to be mostly runners and DMs and the other forwards aren't the types to make their own chances.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Wed May 07, 2014 6:49 pm

I would have included Miranda, but their defense is quite good nontheless. All in all they have a better squad then in 2010.

Not much creativity, but if they can all play to serve that Nike commercial, perhaps it will work.

I just love how brazil can field an entire new squad every tournament. How many were there in 2010? 5 perhaps?
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser Wed May 07, 2014 7:06 pm

Fey wrote:I just love how brazil can field an entire new squad every tournament. How many were there in 2010? 5 perhaps?

heh, true. just had a look and Cesar, Maicon, Alves, Thiago Silva & Ramires seem to be only survivors
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245

Post by Murray Wed May 07, 2014 7:32 pm

Where have all the great Brazilian players gone?

That squad is full of shite.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Wed May 07, 2014 7:32 pm

A World Cup too early for Coutinho this one.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Wed May 07, 2014 7:39 pm

debaser wrote:they can make a team that will be hard to beat, but a lot is going to be resting on Oscar and Neymar to create goals 'cause the rest of the midfield seems to be mostly runners and DMs and the other forwards aren't the types to make their own chances.
    In 2002 Scolari had Ronaldinho and Rivaldo serving Ronaldo and Cafu/Carlos to provide width with a fairly functional central midfield. I can't quite see Neymar and Oscar repeating the trick. He should have taken Coutinho and Lucas who could provide something from the bench and good enough to play their way into the first XI during the tournament. The 2010 team was immaculately progressive and while it seems Scolari will follow in the same tradition I doubt he has the players. Then again they have the home advantage but there will be an immense pressure on an already demoralized Neymar.
    Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Wed May 07, 2014 7:47 pm

Fey wrote:I would have included Miranda, but their defense is quite good nontheless. All in all they have a better squad then in 2010.

Not much creativity, but if they can all play to serve that Nike commercial, perhaps it will work.

I just love how brazil can field an entire new squad every tournament. How many were there in 2010? 5 perhaps?

That awful 2010 team dominated Holland until J.Cesar gifted you a goal. Juan past his prime, Michel Bastos, 34 yo Gilberto Silva, crazy Felipe Melo, Elano, Robinho and Luís Fabiano were starters. The worst brazilian squad ever. By far. And they were still competitive and hard to beat...
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Wed May 07, 2014 7:50 pm

Formerly known as sheva7 wrote:
    Fey wrote:I would have included Miranda, but their defense is quite good nontheless. All in all they have a better squad then in 2010.

That awful 2010 team dominated Holland until J.Cesar gifted you a goal. Juan past his prime, Michel Bastos, 34 yo Gilberto Silva, crazy Felipe Melo, Elano, Robinho and Luís Fabiano were starters. The worst brazilian squad ever. By far. And they were still competitive and hard to beat...

That awful Brazil team couldnt score more then once against that Dutch defense, and were lucky not to have lost the game 5-1 in the second half...
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Wed May 07, 2014 7:55 pm

Murray wrote:Where have all the great Brazilian players gone?

Brazil have shite academies compared to Europe, and with them getting richer, the lesser favela kids that have graced football for so long, will breakthrough. Yet they will produce middle class wankers like Kaka and Neymar who lack the will to win.

They only reason why Brazil is so succesfull in football is because their population is so much bigger compared that of other football countries. If it was the same, as say, England or Italy, they would have won fuck all me thinks.
    Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Wed May 07, 2014 8:10 pm

Fey wrote:

That awful Brazil team couldnt score more then once against that Dutch defense, and were lucky not to have lost the game 5-1 in the second half...

And that's why they are considered the worst brazilian side ever.
    Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Wed May 07, 2014 8:14 pm

Fey wrote:
    Murray wrote:Where have all the great Brazilian players gone?

Brazil have shite academies compared to Europe, and with them getting richer, the lesser favela kids that have graced football for so long, will breakthrough. Yet they will produce middle class wankers like Kaka and Neymar who lack the will to win.

They only reason why Brazil is so succesfull in football is because their population is so much bigger compared that of other football countries. If it was the same, as say, England or Italy, they would have won fuck all me thinks.
     lol! 
    abundance
    abundance

Number of posts : 1514
    Supports : FC Inter
    Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance Wed May 07, 2014 9:31 pm

debaser wrote:they can make a team that will be hard to beat, but a lot is going to be resting on Oscar and Neymar to create goals 'cause the rest of the midfield seems to be mostly runners and DMs and the other forwards aren't the types to make their own chances.

Well, Hernanes has a good sense for assists, Paulinho is good at going into space to shoot, and Alves/Maicon make a good wing threat.

But yeah for brasilian standards definitely this isn't a squad overspilling flair.

Question to brasilians: for what is worth, is Henrique any better than Filipe Luìs and Leandro Castàn?
    Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Wed May 07, 2014 9:56 pm

abundance wrote:

Well, Hernanes has a good sense for assists, Paulinho is good at going into space to shoot, and Alves/Maicon make a good wing threat.

But yeah for brasilian standards definitely this isn't a squad overspilling flair.

Question to brasilians: for what is worth, is Henrique any better than Filipe Luìs and Leandro Castàn?

Henrique is a central defender who is playing as a right back for Napoli. Scolari likes him as a person. Both relegated Palmeiras in 2012. He is not good enough to be called up. The joke is that he was called up because Fred needs to score in training sessions to get confidence. Smile
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Thu May 08, 2014 2:44 pm

abundance wrote:

Henrique is a central defender who is playing as a right back for Napoli. Scolari likes him as a person. Both relegated Palmeiras in 2012. He is not good enough to be called up. The joke is that he was called up because Fred needs to score in training sessions to get confidence. Smile

lol!
    abundance
    abundance

Number of posts : 1514
    Supports : FC Inter
    Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance Thu May 08, 2014 2:54 pm

Laughing

So I see Henrique is a typical pal/talisman choice... shame 'cause Castàn has had a wonderful season, and Filipe Luìs looked good the few times I watched Atletico

BTW, may I ask which is the most probable Scolari's first eleven? And how would you field 'em instead?
    Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Thu May 08, 2014 5:31 pm

abundance wrote:Laughing

So I see Henrique is a typical pal/talisman choice... shame 'cause Castàn has had a wonderful season, and Filipe Luìs looked good the few times I watched Atletico

BTW, may I ask which is the most probable Scolari's first eleven? And how would you field 'em instead?

Scolari will pick the players that defeated Spain in the Confed Cup:

J. César, Dani Alves, Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Marcelo, Luiz Gustavo, Paulinho, hulk, Oscar, Neymar, Fred.

Víctor would be my first choice gk. César didn't play for 6 months and now is playing in the Mls.
    I would play Willian in the place of Hulk because he has more skill and also trackback to defend.

Apart from Germany and Spain, I don't think that any other country have better defenders and midfielders. The problem is that Brazil lack talent upfront. I love Jo and Bernard for what they did playing for my fav club, Fred is very good, but they are not world cup calliber players.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians

Post by mongrel hawk Thu May 08, 2014 5:52 pm

J. César, Dani Alves, Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Marcelo, Luiz Gustavo, Paulinho, hulk, Oscar, Neymar, Fred.

Víctor would be my first choice gk. César didn't play for 6 months and now is playing in the Mls.
    I would play Willian in the place of Hulk because he has more skill and also trackback to defend.

Apart from Germany and Spain, I don't think that any other country have better defenders and midfielders. The problem is that Brazil lack talent upfront. I love Jo and Bernard for what they did playing for my fav club, Fred is very good, but they are not world cup calliber players.

I would play Julio César even if he was unemployed. The same goes for Oscar and Paulinho, who are not having a good season. They play well for Brazil, and that`s what matters. (I think Victor is the best Brazilian keeper today, but a WC selection goes beyond being good IMO).

The only change I'd make would be Maicon in place of Alves.
    Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Thu May 08, 2014 7:58 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:

I would play Julio César even if he was unemployed. The same goes for Oscar and Paulinho, who are not having a good season. They play well for Brazil, and that`s what matters. (I think Victor is the best Brazilian keeper today, but a WC selection goes beyond being good IMO).

The only change I'd make would be Maicon in place of Alves.

IMO Júlio César didn't enough to have an 'untouchable' status in the national squad like Casillas has in Spain.
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:46 pm

Dunga says a lot of truth about Neymar, crying and Neymar:
    https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/several-things-dunga-does-not-like-about-neymar-and-the-current-state-of-the-brazilian-national-team-224414890.html

We will not play for Neymar, he will play for the team.

Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:13 pm

I must say that given this WC I was scared that perhaps public pressure would turn Brazil towards more pro-footballing ways but thankfully they kept the course

Dunga: Neymar must earn place in Brazil squad

New Brazil coach Dunga has laid down the law for the national team, telling Neymar he has to earn his place as much as everyone else.
    Dunga has replaced Felipe Scolari, who left his post after the World Cup hosts finished fourth, losing 7-1 to Germany in the semi-final and 3-0 to the Netherlands in the third place play-off. [DUNGA CONFIRMED AS NEW BRAZIL COACH] The former Brazil captain was in charge of the side between 2006 and 2010 and has criticised the behaviour of Barcelona pair Neymar and Dani Alves at the summer’s tournament. “Neymar is a reference for the world. He won’t play based on who he is. He’ll play depending on the team. “I didn’t like that the team came out with shirts in memory of Neymar [prior to the Germany game after Neymar was injured against Colombia].

“The message conveyed was ‘we lost a warrior’. But if we go to war we can’t keep crying. We can’t harm the soldier who takes their place.” Dunga continued on the crying theme, taking a shot at David Luiz, MD claim, who was in tears at various points in the tournament. “A scene of tears is wrong in the world of football. Maybe it’s sexist but men don’t cry. We need to learn respect,” he said.

Of course, Neymar also gave a tearful press conference in the wake of his World Cup exit when he revealed that Juan Zúniga's challenge in their Wolrd Cup quarter-fianl could have been paralysed. Dunga was not impressed with the players’ decision to dye their hair, believing it was emblematic of a distracted atmosphere. “I wouldn’t have allowed these players to die their hair while they were with the national team,” Mundo Deportivo reports Dunga as telling the Brazilian media. “Either do it before or after, but they should be thinking about the World Cup. “Neymar appears with a cap or without a cap. We should be talking about what happens on the field.

cheers 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 11:30 am