Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
christmasborocooper
Super Progress
debaser
rosenthal
Deluded F*ck™
Kimbo
Luis
Murray
12 posters

Premier League 23-25 April.

debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Premier League 23-25 April.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Premier League 23-25 April.

Post by debaser Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:59 pm

And there ends the title race. Congrats Leicester Ale
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Murray Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:01 pm

Spurs have spursed it up.

Last edited by Murray on Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:06 pm

Murray wrote:Spurs have spursed it up.

Not exactly, they still very much outperformed expectations this season. Leicester just been too damn consistent in last few months.

It will be classic Spurs though, if they lose Chelsea next week and suddenly find themselves in a battle to stay above Arsenal..
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:24 pm

You never win a title always trying to come from behind. City maybe did it once but think how long Leciester have been top and Spurs chasing; it was never going to happen for Spurs.

Ridiculous season.

Top 4 places and relegation still to be decided though.

Surely at this stage Arsenal fans must hope they don't finish 4th.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:11 am

debaser wrote:And there ends the title race. Congrats Leicester Ale
    Ale
    This is the greatest league achievement I can think of since Atletico managed to snag the title 2 years ago. Atletico had much tougher opposition that were playing well but Leicester was a much smaller club in a league that throws more challenges outside the top.

Logically Leicester should go to the top of my list in terms of the most impressive titles in recent times:

1. Leicester 2016
    2. Greece 2004
    3. Porto 2004
    4. Liverpool 2005
    5. Atletico 2014

debaser wrote:

Not exactly, they still very much outperformed expectations this season. Leicester just been too damn consistent in last few months.

It will be classic Spurs though, if they lose Chelsea next week and suddenly find themselves in a battle to stay above Arsenal..
    ok
    Only really caught Tottenham in the past month and I have been very impressed with the strides they have made. A very cohesive team and Dembele has finally managed to exploit his unique abilities for a Cm and Pochettino has gotten the team to work with 3 Am's across the board.

Is there any chance Tottenham will sell one of the important players this summer?
    Conversely, I wonder where Tottenham can improve apart from the squad. The first XI looks well covered and I can't think of any particular player not being good enough since Lamela has started to deliver.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:34 pm

Looks like Dele Alli is taking the rest of the season off. Bit of a tit isn't he.
    shazlx
    shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
    Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:21 pm

Super Progress wrote:
    Ale
    This is the greatest league achievement I can think of since Atletico managed to snag the title 2 years ago. Atletico had much tougher opposition that were playing well but Leicester was a much smaller club in a league that throws more challenges outside the top.

Logically Leicester should go to the top of my list in terms of the most impressive titles in recent times:

1. Leicester 2016
    2. Greece 2004
    3. Porto 2004
    4. Liverpool 2005
    5. Atletico 2014

debaser wrote:

ok
    Only really caught Tottenham in the past month and I have been very impressed with the strides they have made. A very cohesive team and Dembele has finally managed to exploit his unique abilities for a Cm and Pochettino has gotten the team to work with 3 Am's across the board.

Is there any chance Tottenham will sell one of the important players this summer?
    Conversely, I wonder where Tottenham can improve apart from the squad. The first XI looks well covered and I can't think of any particular player not being good enough since Lamela has started to deliver.
    Dier can be upgraded by someone more mobile and better on the ball, but for Spurs' budget, the starting XI is probably as good as it gets. Maybe Eriksen can be changed for someone more natural in wide positions, it makes a difference. Also, I do think the FBs are more about good tactical coaching than their ability to perform. We'll see in the coming seasons.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:02 pm

Super Progress wrote:
    Ale

1. Leicester 2016
    2. Greece 2004
    3. Porto 2004
    4. Liverpool 2005
    5. Atletico 2014

debaser wrote:

ok

You dont remember Kaiserslautern?

Still, Leicester should top it, IF they win this.

My brother booked a Man Utd ticket months ago..its the game against Leicester. I would sell if for big profits.

But imo the titlerace is not done yet. Now the pressure becomes real, and no Vardy.
    Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
    Supports : West Ham
    Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Di Caniooooo! Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:12 am

Though Spirs have no Alli.
    Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
    Supports : West Ham
    Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Di Caniooooo! Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:21 pm

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/west-ham-would-be-second-were-it-not-for-errors-by-officials-claims-former-referees-assistant-a3234811.html

Apparently, moving to the Olympic Stadium will be good, cause Upton Park is too intimidating for referees!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:35 am