Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
chrissicross
"Tuffy" Monag
Puro
Calidad
mongrel hawk
9 posters

Dunga, a deception / new coach

mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Dunga, a deception / new coach Empty Dunga, a deception / new coach

Post by mongrel hawk Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:12 am

I thought Dunga could be an excelent coach. I admired him very much as a player, and I thought he could bring some Gaúcho strenght to the team. but he seems to be lost, and his clothes... well...

if I could choose a coach for Brazil, my choices would be:

1. Luxemburgo

2. Gus Hiddink

3. Felipão

4. Abel Braga

I just hope Dunga will find his way.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Dunga, a deception / new coach Empty Re: Dunga, a deception / new coach

Post by Calidad Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:22 am

Bit critical really. Haven't Brazil played six under him, won 5?

And to be fair, he has been trying out different players, different formations etc. I think he knows who his strongest XI are, but has given many others an opportunity (Mancini aside)
    doninha

Post by doninha Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:40 am

How about Autuori? I really rate him, he looks pretty humble going to do great jobs in places would go only on vacations...
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:54 am

todo wrote:I thought Dunga could be an excelent coach. I admired him very much as a player, and I thought he could bring some Gaúcho strenght to the team. but he seems to be lost, and his clothes... well...

if I could choose a coach for Brazil, my choices would be:

1. Luxemburgo

2. Gus Hiddink

3. Felipão

4. Abel Braga

I just hope Dunga will find his way.

There's no Batucada with Dunga. I hope I'm wrong, but Dunga reminds me of Lazaroni. Dunga will probably win, but there's no magic in the team.
    "Tuffy" Monag

Number of posts : 405
    Supports : SLB
    Registration date : 2007-01-03

Post by "Tuffy" Monag Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:55 am

Benfica played some nice football with him, until it went all wrong. (Although at that time it went all wrong with every manager)
    chrissicross
    chrissicross

Number of posts : 6246
    Supports : Werder Bremen
    Favourite Player : Per Mertesacker, Thomas Müller
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by chrissicross Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:06 pm

Ask Klinsi, he's still looking for a new challenge and it might be a good combination.
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Number of posts : 2336
    Supports : Club Atlético Boca Juniors
    Favourite Player : Maxi Lopez, aka, TWD (The White Drogba)
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Barrilete Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:01 pm

Luxemburgo?...nahh I got tied of his magic squres at RM...Hiddink...isn't he in jail or something? ...the only coach Brazil should have(instead of Dunga) is Felipao Scolari a man of balls and football, would love to see him coach Argentina (will never happen though) o Boca(more realistic than Argentina but still not posible)
    Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1899

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:13 pm

I hate Luxemburgo. He is more arrogant than Mourinho and Wenger combined. He is a good coach, but he can win major trophies only when he has the best players of the competition (except in 2003). He had been the Brazilian coach before and got only crap results. He is not honest. The best coach would be Felipao.
    Since 1888
    Since 1888

Number of posts : 5171
    Supports : Sparta Rotterdam
    Favourite Player : Sepp de Roover
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Since 1888 Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:03 pm

Barrilete_Cosmico wrote:Hiddink...isn't he in jail or something?

He has a case against him but jail is very unlikely.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:10 pm

he didn't get crap results. he was betrayed by the press.

when he left, he was second at the wc qualifiers.

he won the pré-olímpico and then the press made a pressure for him to use only under-23 players at the olympic games, because the team was "so together" that "players like Romário would break the union", and because those "wonderful youths had made an excelent pre-olímpico and deserved to play the olympic games, all of them". he did that, and the press crushed him afterwards for doing that when he lost.

in Real Madrid he had no power to do what he wanted. he could have transformed that team. besides, it seems that no one can do a good job in Madrid right now.

wait for an excelent Santos this year. favourites to win Libertadores IMO.

sheva7 wrote:I hate Luxemburgo. He is more arrogant than Mourinho and Wenger combined. He is a good coach, but he can win major trophies only when he has the best players of the competition (except in 2003). He had been the Brazilian coach before and got only crap results. He is not honest. The best coach would be Felipao.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:31 am

todo wrote:he didn't get crap results. he was betrayed by the press.

he won the pré-olímpico and then the press made a pressure for him to use only under-23 players at the olympic games, because the team was "so together" that "players like Romário would break the union", and because those "wonderful youths had made an excelent pre-olímpico and deserved to play the olympic games, all of them". he did that, and the press crushed him afterwards for doing that when he lost.

in Real Madrid he had no power to do what he wanted. he could have transformed that team. besides, it seems that no one can do a good job in Madrid right now.

sheva7 wrote:I hate Luxemburgo. He is more arrogant than Mourinho and Wenger combined. He is a good coach, but he can win major trophies only when he has the best players of the competition (except in 2003). He had been the Brazilian coach before and got only crap results. He is not honest. The best coach would be Felipao.
    this is simply not true. luxa was the only coach which were allowed to do anything he wanted by perez because he realised his mistakes with other coaches. he spent alot of money but with some of the best players in the world he was able to very little and also managed to throw out figo who was our only performer. he was a bad coach for us and didnt seem suited for europe with his magic squares and so on.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:39 am

but it seems no coach has been alright in Madrid.

IMO, Luxemburgo is better than Scolari.

supermadrid(zizou legend) wrote:
    todo wrote:he didn't get crap results. he was betrayed by the press.

this is simply not true. luxa was the only coach which were allowed to do anything he wanted by perez because he realised his mistakes with other coaches. he spent alot of money but with some of the best players in the world he was able to very little and also managed to throw out figo who was our only performer. he was a bad coach for us and didnt seem suited for europe with his magic squares and so on.
    Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:33 am

During Luxemburgo's spell at Madrid, they have signed Robinho, Cicinho, Baptista, Pablo Garcia and Diogo. Do you know what do they all have in common? Their agent is Juan Figger.

Since Luxemburgo came back to Santos in 2006, the club have signed more than 10 players from Iraty, a small club from the state of Parana. 90% of those players are pure shit. Coincidentally Luxemburgo is a close friend of their president and was his bussiness partner not long ago. Also coincidentally these players have something in common. Their agent is called Juan Figger.

If he becomes the brazilian coach again, surprise, surprise, he will call up some Figger players that are playing in Brazil...

When Luxemburgo coached Brazil, he got some awful results like a 3x0 defeat against Chile and a defeat against a 9 man Camaroon in the Olympics. I don't think that the press made any pressure for him to use only U23 players, I believe the press wanted to see Romario playing in the Olympics. Romario himself asked to be called up several times. I'm sure every pundit would love to see Romario in the place of Geovani. Luxemburgo didn't bring any over 23 player and Brazil lost. He should take the responsability for that like Felipao have done for not taking Romario to the 2006 WC. But wait a minute...Luxemburgo never takes the responsability when his side loses, only when his side wins.

Felipao can teach somethings to Luxemburgo. Not about honesty and character, because Luxemburgo will never know the meaning of these words. But Felipao can teach him how to win major trophies without the best players, how to win the Copa Libertadores, how to coach the national side, etc.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:11 am

you 2 may be right about the power he had in Madrid.

@sheva

I remember very well the press claiming for an under-23 team after they beat Colombia 9-0.

you know how our press is a load of shit. he did that against no opposition. in fact, he would have found opposition if he had done otherwise. that's something vivid in my memory.

Felipão also had horrible results. I don't remember all of them, but I think we lost to Bolivia in a terrible game, among other losses.

and I agree that Felipão has much more ethics than Luxemburgo, but I prefer the football style of Luxemburgo's teams.

take Luxa's Palmeiras (mid-90s), Corinthians (late-90s), Cruzeiro, and now Santos. Those teams played the most beautiful, attacking, and efficient football I have ever seen in Brazil.

Felipão's teams were also efficient and very good, but they were terrible to watch.

The Brazilian team that won in 2002 was excelent, but their football was the ugliest since 1990.
    Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:54 am

Think about the players he coached at Palmeiras: Velloso, Cafu, Clebao, Antonio Carlos, Roberto Carlos, Cesar Sampaio, Zinho, Mazinho, Evair, Edmundo, Rivaldo...I would expect nothing less than a title. Not to mention Palmeiras squad in the first semester of 96, by far the best South American squad I've ever seen.

Corinthians: Gamarra, Rincon, Vampeta, Marcelinho, Edilson...I would expect nothing less than a title.

Santos: Alex, Leo, Paulo Cesar, Elano, Diego, renato, Robinho, Ricardo Oliveira, Deivid...I know, some of these players moved to Europe in the winter, but I would expect nothing less than a title.

I give credit to him for winning the title with Cruzeiro because Santos had a better squad and he built Cruzeiro's squad.

Luxemburgo also coached Santos in 97, Corinthians in 2001 and Palmeiras in 2002. He couldn't win a major trophy simple because he didn't have the best players at his disposal. I'm sure those teams didn't play "the most beautiful, attacking, and efficient football" you have ever seen in Brazil. Palmeiras would play beautiful football even if they were coached by Cuper in 92/93/96..

I remember that Scolari lost to Honduras, but he sent our Z squad to Copa America. All teams failed to play beautiful football at the 2002 WC, not only Brazil. In fact Brazil played better than anyone(crap only against Belgium). Palmeiras and Cruzeiro played good football under Scolari.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:34 am

alright, I just think Luxa's teams play in an overwhelming way.

how about today's Santos?

if they win the Paulista and Libertadores playing beautiful. what would you say?
    Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:10 pm

Credit to him but don't forget that Santos have spent more money over the past year and a half than any other club from Sao Paulo.
    doninha

Post by doninha Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:34 pm

forget those arguments and get Autuori.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:08 pm