Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
TM
Juligen
Batman
7 posters

Madrid Turned Down Ronaldo

Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Madrid Turned Down Ronaldo Empty Madrid Turned Down Ronaldo

Post by Batman Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:08 pm

Luis Martins, Sporting Lisbon's former youth team coach, has revealed that Real Madrid turned down a chance to sign Cristiano Ronaldo in 2003.

Martins, who coached Ronaldo for three years, from 1997 to 2000, has revealed how Real Madrid looked at him in 2003, before deciding not to sign him.
    "I was in Madrid in 2003 to complete my training as a coach," said Martins.

"By then the Real Madrid scouts had already followed Cristiano, and it appeared that they were already in contact with Sporting to sign him.

"I recommended him to them. I do not know why they did not sign him."

Martins also revealed Ronaldo had always wanted to do well in Spain.

"Cristiano has always said the same thing to me, that he wants to succeed in Spain, which he considers to be the best league in the world.

"And he is not going to stop until he achieves it."

Of course, 2003 was the year Los Merengues pipped Barcelona to David Beckham, the Catalans pipped Manchester United to Ronaldinho, and the Red Devils picked up the Portuguese winger.
    Juligen
    Juligen

Number of posts : 2551
    Supports : FLAMENGO
    Registration date : 2006-08-21

Madrid Turned Down Ronaldo Empty Re: Madrid Turned Down Ronaldo

Post by Juligen Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:29 pm

Batman wrote:Luis Martins, Sporting Lisbon's former youth team coach, has revealed that Real Madrid turned down a chance to sign Cristiano Ronaldo in 2003.

"I recommended him to them. I do not know why they did not sign him."

At the time Ronaldo was unknown and would had cost less money, why in name of God would Madrid do this ?

Real Madrid likes it when a player hit big in Europe, have their value exploded by thousands , so THEN make a move and spend 40 times more for the same player, it’s the Madrid way of make business, witch I found quite endearing, since its their way of spread wealth to others clubs

I still think that Florentino didn’t get Kaka because he wasn’t a Galactico at the time, a star.
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:30 pm

Perez only wanted to buy finished products, and felt buying youth players were too risky and only used Castilla players.

CR and Kaka were both on scouting list, but Perez never made the funds avialable.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Parks lives Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:41 pm

You could of probably had Kaka and CR for the same amount you paid for Beckham. Laughing
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:44 pm

Parks lives wrote:You could of probably had Kaka and CR for the same amount you paid for Beckham. Laughing

Probably a fraction of what we paid for Becks, and hell it would have been more worth while. - That's fucked.
    Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

Number of posts : 5265
    Supports : AC Milan, RM and MU (82-09)
    Favourite Player : DB7 Becks CR7 TRW
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Dick Grayson Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:20 pm

Target Man wrote:Perez only wanted to buy finished products, and felt buying youth players were too risky and only used Castilla players.

CR and Kaka were both on scouting list, but Perez never made the funds avialable.

I liked Perez...at least he had balls to do what others thought was madness! ok
    lampiao007
    lampiao007

Number of posts : 1164
    Supports : SL Benfica
    Favourite Player : Pablo Aimar

Post by lampiao007 Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:52 pm

Dick Grayson wrote:
    Target Man wrote:Perez only wanted to buy finished products, and felt buying youth players were too risky and only used Castilla players.

What, construct a team of prima donas, make lots of money for the club, and win Sweet FA?

Post by Guest Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:49 am

Inter turned down Messi and Kaka
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:23 pm

Dick Grayson wrote:

well this is true and why some madrid fans still like him. he belived in attacking play only,which was why he didnt want to pay viera what he wanted in wages.also he wanted his team to play good football so i respect that too. and finally he started out by saying that we should have the best players(figo,zizou,ronaldo) in the world and that worked quite fine untill he decided that he wanted more marketable players(becks and owen i suppose). his original idea worked well he just got way over his head.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 8:33 am