Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Since 1888
fcb
Super Progress
La Saeta Rubia
Dejan Savićević
TM
Axeslammer
SuperMario
Supermarafado
13 posters

Van Bommel: I believe UEFA won't ban me!!!!

doninha

Van Bommel: I believe UEFA won't ban me!!!! Empty Van Bommel: I believe UEFA won't ban me!!!!

Post by doninha Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:31 am

"after all... it wasn't a big deal. Its very bad that Real asks to ban me.". Source: AS.

Can you believe this idiot?

Lets make more often this celebration until someone decides to use cages again to avoid conflits...
    Supermarafado
    Supermarafado

Number of posts : 97
    Supports : Portimonense, Portugal
    Registration date : 2007-02-21

Van Bommel: I believe UEFA won't ban me!!!! Empty Re: Van Bommel: I believe UEFA won't ban me!!!!

Post by Supermarafado Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:51 pm

CAN YOU DIG THAT, SUCKER?Very Happy
    Van Bommel: I believe UEFA won't ban me!!!! 177920_t
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Van Bommel: I believe UEFA won't ban me!!!! Empty Re: Van Bommel: I believe UEFA won't ban me!!!!

Post by SuperMario Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:03 pm

Hope they ban him for life.

Anway I dispute his Dutchness. Limburg, that appendix dangling Southwards, only became part of the Netherlands in the 19th century. They don't speak Dutch, they speak something in between German & Flemish & their culture is not Dutch, they even mainly watch German tv. If somebody from 'Holland' (which for people from Limburg is everything else from the Netherlands bar themselves) goes to Limburg they treat you like you're a nuisance.

If it was up to me the Netherlands would either sell Limburg to the highest bidder or force them to be an independetn country.

Van Bommel is a disgrace.
    Cesc

Post by Cesc Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:07 pm

David Healy (Northern Ireland) did a simialr celebration a few years ago to Welsh football supporters - He was banned, from what I remember.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Axeslammer Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:01 pm

jonathan de guzman wrote:

If it was up to me the Netherlands would either sell Limburg to the highest bidder or force them to be an independetn country.

hear, hear !

And the same for Friesland of course Wink
    doninha

Post by doninha Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:09 pm

for life??? no, but 2 games like Ronaldo had after his salute to the Benfica fans, I think is fair:

Van Bommel: I believe UEFA won't ban me!!!! Ronaldofinger
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:16 pm

Axeslammer wrote:
    jonathan de guzman wrote:

hear, hear !

And the same for Friesland of course Wink
    Very Happy Actually I like Friesland (Groningen too), ecpecially their lakes. Still hoping for an 11 stedentocht.
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:35 pm

I don't think Van Bommel realises we will have Diarra and Gago/Ernesto who will break his legs in Germany, S.O.B.
    Dejan Savićević
    Dejan Savićević

Number of posts : 2921
    Supports : A.C. Milan/Italy
    Favourite Player : Lionel Messi, Andrés Iniesta, Xavi
    Registration date : 2007-01-26

Post by Dejan Savićević Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:48 pm

Not good, he should be punished.
    La Saeta Rubia
    La Saeta Rubia

Number of posts : 5244
    Supports : Real Madrid

Post by La Saeta Rubia Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:59 pm

If he doesnt get a ban then one of our players (Emerson/Cassano/R.Bravo) should do the same in Germany.
    TM
    TM

Post by TM Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:01 pm

Wouldn't that be bringing the game into dispute? or something Laughing

CASSANO! lol! lol! lol!
    La Saeta Rubia
    La Saeta Rubia

Post by La Saeta Rubia Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:07 pm

Target Man wrote:Wouldn't that be bringing the game into dispute? or something Laughing

CASSANO! lol! lol! lol!

If his action goes unpunished then the uefa clearly deem it appropropriate Very Happy
    TM
    TM

Post by TM Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:12 pm

Nah, id personally just bring on Ernesto to break his legs, and then after the job is done sub him off ok
    La Saeta Rubia
    La Saeta Rubia

Post by La Saeta Rubia Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:15 pm

Target Man wrote:Nah, id personally just bring on Ernesto to break his legs, and then after the job is done sub him off ok

Na, that's a bit harsh. Like i said before, we should bring on Cassano/Emerson/R.Bravo so they can do what Van Bommel did, think about it, its a win/win situation for us, we would get back at Bayern & if they get a ban they wouldnt be able to play Very Happy
    TM
    TM

Post by TM Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:31 pm

Hmm well your more peaceful than me, id rather break his legs literally, cheating scum bag, i still remember his dive.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:30 pm

La Saeta Rubia wrote:
    Target Man wrote:Nah, id personally just bring on Ernesto to break his legs, and then after the job is done sub him off ok

Na, that's a bit harsh. Like i said before, we should bring on Cassano/Emerson/R.Bravo so they can do what Van Bommel did, think about it, its a win/win situation for us, we would get back at Bayern & if they get a ban they wouldnt be able to play Very Happy
    ok i would prefer if it was bravo but emerson would be a good choice too. cassano has to much talent to let him get the ban.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:32 pm

Pffft, overreacting bunch of cunts.

Seems Van Bommel was spot on Laugh
    L r d

Post by L r d Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:34 pm

He made a little gesture so what? why should he be banned for that. emotion is being ripped out of the game
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:55 pm

The thing is, Cannavaro and Emerson don't need to be told to break his legs...their tackling and performances this season have been so shit that they can probably injure players just by playing as they've been doing all season Razz
    Dejan Savićević
    Dejan Savićević

Post by Dejan Savićević Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:57 pm

L r d wrote:He made a little gesture so what? why should he be banned for that. emotion is being ripped out of the game

Is that how you expect a professional to act?
    L r d

Post by L r d Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:08 pm

Resilient Il Fenomeno wrote:
    L r d wrote:He made a little gesture so what? why should he be banned for that. emotion is being ripped out of the game

I would act the exact same way. Do we want robots?
    Dejan Savićević
    Dejan Savićević

Post by Dejan Savićević Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:30 pm

L r d wrote:
    Resilient Il Fenomeno wrote:

I would act the exact same way. Do we want robots?

Do we want yobs?
    Since 1888
    Since 1888

Number of posts : 5171
    Supports : Sparta Rotterdam
    Favourite Player : Sepp de Roover
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Since 1888 Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:21 am

Damn, offcourse this isnt a ban. He apologised, end of story.
    doninha

Post by doninha Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:54 pm

Since 1888 wrote:Damn, offcourse this isnt a ban. He apologised, end of story.

??????

so now you do some offence, appologise, and get away for it? He is a big boy, he has to be responsible for his acts - appologise and get a 1-2 games ban.

Most managers that do the same get some weeks off the bench. If the ref saw the incident, he would have to show him a red card. Plus the banana incident - not for the act, but to show that he was set to enfurious the crowd.

He is a jerk, and should get a 2 games ban, like any guy who does a jerk act. Ronaldo did it last year - he got a ban.

Football has already thousands of idiot fans looking for troubles, we don't need a star player giving them reasons and promote rage and hate.
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC

Post by DD Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:01 pm

Now now children... Smile

Even Stefan Effenberg has come out and backed Van Bommel in this.

http://www.telesport.nl/voetbal/article1261737.ece

He should be punished but I think it was only a brief quick gesture during his celebration, he didn't continue with it, and apologised at every chance he got, as soon as the postmatch interview.

He should be punished but let's not get hysterical.

He was in prime Van bommel fashion on tuesday night though. Razz
    doninha

Post by doninha Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:54 pm

I don't get hysterical with the act itself (which he added later with the banana incident...). I get mad with the idiot saying he did nothing wrong (which means his appologies are idiot) and that it would be unfair to ban him. Lack of personality - he should take responsability.
    DD
    DD

Post by DD Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:19 pm

What's the banana incident?
    doninha

Post by doninha Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:24 pm

aaahhh... forget it... lost in translation... nothing else besides what we saw.
    DD
    DD

Post by DD Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:30 pm

<Ale>

I can see why the Portuguese might hate him though...
    None

Number of posts : 2548
    Registration date : 2007-02-22

Post by None Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:40 pm

Target Man wrote:I don't think Van Bommel realises we will have Diarra and Gago/Ernesto who will break his legs in Germany, S.O.B.

Gago wouldn't break a toothpick.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 12:45 am